PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Axe

Zaerus
2006-10-20, 05:04
So... got it off Hydra yesterday and have been frantically searching for some kind of info on any hidden effects. Theres a million theories and I tested tons of stuff last night with insignificant results. Any suggestions on things i should do to test or has anyone seen or heard any specific things about it?
Also until yesterday we never saw this drop from Hydra, is it a insanely rare drop from Hydra or maybe just added to his drop list with the update, most sites list a mamool ja NM as "supposedly" dropping this.

Anyway here it is... kinda bland either its got a hidden effect or its used in a recipe for an item that doesnt exist yet is what i think.

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1323/img0057bd1.png

Jhun
2006-10-20, 05:09
I have never seen this drops, let alone we killed Hydra 3 times and never seen a torque drop too lol.

Robert
2006-10-20, 05:11
I don't think it was in the loot pool before this last patch, we killed Hydra 10+ times and never saw it, but we stopped killing it when idiots stopped buying torques..I would think it would have dropped serverwide at least once if it was in the pool from its release, it was probably added on the 18th.

Zaerus
2006-10-20, 05:18
Well according to most other forums the actual item was added to the game files (maybe not to the game itself) in the same update as Mensur Epee and Company Fleuret (which happens to be a theory on it but ive noticed no dmg difference with more or less people in party.To be tested more.)
But i can see it not dropping from Hydra until the current patch, yes. Anywho ill check back tommorrow gonna get some sleep.

Chupunpupun
2006-10-20, 05:23
One theory I heard was the hidden effect was to let you charm those scropions in Halvung because Sirus was the constellation that chases something or another. Sorry I don't remember the reason for the theory but it was posted in BG awhile ago.

Celeras
2006-10-20, 05:53
One theory I heard was the hidden effect was to let you charm those scropions in Halvung because Sirus was the constellation that chases something or another. Sorry I don't remember the reason for the theory but it was posted in BG awhile ago.

Talk about a useless hidden effect!

SE really needs to stop shadow changing mobs already in the game. At least tell us if youre going to make changes to content we're already used to.

chibbs
2006-10-20, 06:01
Sounds really cool, Congrats Zaerus. I think i have heard something about that constellation theory. Knowing SE and the Japanese in general, i wouldn't doubt it. But its also SE, lol Unpredictable dumbies.

miokomioko
2006-10-20, 06:11
It might have more to do with just the fact that Sirius is the brightest star in the sky, and not so much to do with the shitty dog constellation that it's part of. Although, being in the "Big Dog" (Canis Major) constellation and being referred to as the "Dog Star", it sounds like it could be Cerberus-related, but in Japanese it's called the "Heavenly Wolf Star." Sup Fenrir? But none of this crap really connects for a 75 bst axe, imo.

Either way, this axe is no joke...

Plow
2006-10-20, 06:26

I wouldn't be so sure about that just yet.

epigram
2006-10-20, 06:33
Go crit some rabbits with that axe, and then crit some rabbits with another axe of the same damage solo. At least you can test if the damage is affected.

Fng
2006-10-20, 09:03
Maybe its got something to do with having a charmed pet?

Try two hour?
after Pet food zeta
jug pets?

Really i have no idea.. just throwing out randoms.

SephYuyX
2006-10-20, 09:36
Guys, youre completly over analyzing. This axe is simply SEs ways to make BST on par with WAR. Cant you see with this axes sheer amount of DMG and incredibly low delay, it makes TP burn PTs want to invite BST?

I mean come on, its a BST only axe, it rivals the best of the best axes! If PTs want to see this fine weapon in action, the HAVE to invite BST!

Seriously though, there is no hidden, dont fool yourselves into thinking SE would throw BST a bone.

Lyramion
2006-10-20, 09:39
This is very sirius buisness!

Zanz L. Barre The 3rd
2006-10-20, 09:55
Looks liek a piece of shit.

Hidden Effect: I waste my time with Hydra.

divisortheory
2006-10-20, 09:59

Stop fucking around and be sirius, k?

Glade``
2006-10-20, 10:06
I lol'd.

Miji
2006-10-20, 10:09

siriusly

Nighty
2006-10-20, 10:22

siriusly

orly?

Aelfinn
2006-10-20, 10:23
:roll:

Demitrius
2006-10-20, 10:28
Totally serial, this.

Paegan
2006-10-20, 10:44
There has to be some hidden effect, I mean c'mon, we know SE are stupid but they're not *that* stupid.

Are they? :?

Aodh
2006-10-20, 10:47
There has to be some hidden effect, I mean c'mon, we know SE are stupid but they're not *that* stupid.

It DID drop from Hydra.

Sendra
2006-10-20, 10:53

You need to siriusly gtfo after a pun like that D:

Aodh
2006-10-20, 10:59

You need to siriusly gtfo after a pun like that D:
Who axe'd you?

Fingerspitz
2006-10-20, 11:03
Totally serial, this.

You're doing it wrong.

Narse
2006-10-20, 11:04

Answer: http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/1644
http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8276
http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/1759
http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/5303
http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/5302
http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/5265

..do I really have to go on? There's tons more where it came from.

Khamsin
2006-10-20, 11:05
Guys, youre completly over analyzing. This axe is simply SEs ways to make BST on par with WAR. Cant you see with this axes sheer amount of DMG and incredibly low delay, it makes TP burn PTs want to invite BST?

I mean come on, its a BST only axe, it rivals the best of the best axes! If PTs want to see this fine weapon in action, the HAVE to invite BST!

Seriously though, there is no hidden, dont fool yourselves into thinking SE would throw BST a bone.

sup Juggernaut. sup Temperance Axe.

Or even if you didn't want to carry stacks of virtue stones, there's still Woodville's.

Wood/Jugg is the same thing any other WAR used in a TP burn. Some use Maneater if they can't afford Juggernaut, and some have Ridill in place of Woodville's. But those are the two best AHable axes, and a BST could always use them, too.

Kind of pointless, given that Scorpions are already charmable.

Delekii
2006-10-20, 11:55
Halvung scorps arent, but I dont see that as a realistic hidden effect... not hard to test i guess.

Bagel
2006-10-20, 12:21
So is Hydra dropping meat as well now?

Mufferino
2006-10-20, 12:33
yep we got 2 fang 2 meat 1 scale yesterday, still need the recipe for it though.

Tordall
2006-10-20, 12:38
The rumor I heard was that Sirius axe had a damage boost simliar to a Company Sword, but is affected by the number of pets in the party.

Unfortunately, I don't have one, so I can't test it.

Aodh
2006-10-20, 12:41
BST/SMN/lolPUP/lolDRG Parties?

TsingTao
2006-10-20, 12:48
That would be easy enough to test. Right back to crit hit damage cap on W.Ron bunnies, add a BST friend & pet and repeat.

miokomioko
2006-10-20, 15:46

Was I too subtle? That was my joke, arrrgh~

XaocRamuh
2006-10-20, 15:48
Just a smidge to subtle for some, but I think most got it.

Kyreth
2006-10-20, 19:33
So... got it off Hydra yesterday and have been frantically searching for some kind of info on any hidden effects. Theres a million theories and I tested tons of stuff last night with insignificant results. Any suggestions on things i should do to test or has anyone seen or heard any specific things about it?
Also until yesterday we never saw this drop from Hydra, is it a insanely rare drop from Hydra or maybe just added to his drop list with the update, most sites list a mamool ja NM as "supposedly" dropping this.

Anyway here it is... kinda bland either its got a hidden effect or its used in a recipe for an item that doesnt exist yet is what i think.

Aside from your image being dead, Somepage lists it as dropping off Dragonscaled Bugaal Ja rather than Hydra. So how "sirius" were you when you posted this?

Celeras
2006-10-20, 19:36

Aside from your image being dead, Somepage lists it as dropping off Dragonscaled Bugaal Ja rather than Hydra. So how "sirius" were you when you posted this?

This may help you. (http://secure.hop.com/)

Zaerus
2006-10-20, 19:44
http://www.millenniumls.org

guess imageshack sucks.

anyway testing is fruitless still ; ;

anyone know any ??? that havent been determined to do anything yet? maybe its a pop item. ive been comparing results on damage per hit to the darksteel pick with same base dmg and so far its the same thing, i havent been able to charm anything i couldnt previously and solo/full party hasnt proved anything fun... pretty stumped so far

Ddong
2006-10-20, 19:48
so this drop of the nm listed in somepage and this guy is lying or what?

Khamsin
2006-10-20, 21:43
People have killed a lot of NMs a lot of times before, so we know what they drop by now. I doubt SE went and adjusted a bunch of NMs loot pools.

Plow
2006-10-20, 23:07

Was I too subtle? That was my joke, arrrgh~

I thought you were saying something like "it's not a joke, it does exist," and was trying to make a joke >< I failed I guess lol

Bagel
2006-10-20, 23:54
They added meat to Hydra's loot pool so it's entirely conceivable to me that they added an axe as well.

Tiernin
2006-10-21, 03:59
[/quote]sup Juggernaut. sup Temperance Axe.
Or even if you didn't want to carry stacks of virtue stones, there's still Woodville's.
Wood/Jugg is the same thing any other WAR used in a TP burn. Some use Maneater if they can't afford Juggernaut, and some have Ridill in place of Woodville's. But those are the two best AHable axes, and a BST could always use them, too.[quote]

Maneater > Woody

Plow
2006-10-21, 04:54
sup Juggernaut. sup Temperance Axe.
Wood/Jugg is the same thing any other WAR used in a TP burn. Some use Maneater if they can't afford Juggernaut, and some have Ridill in place of Woodville's. But those are the two best AHable axes, and a BST could always use them, too.

Maneater > Woody

I was thinking that too, Man+Jugg > wood+jug/man yeah?

Lockecole
2006-10-21, 12:09
Man/Jug > All short of max Rampage potential, but Woodville's falls behind Maneater pretty badly in TP Spam parties.

Toth
2006-10-21, 12:28
People have killed a lot of NMs a lot of times before, so we know what they drop by now. I doubt SE went and adjusted a bunch of NMs loot pools.

Evoker's Gages now drop from an old NM that dropped nothing before. It's certainly possible.

Eggroll
2006-10-21, 12:30
Ya, im assuming that all the previously useless NMs in the beastmen stongholds now drop the new items that enhance stats in besieged.

BRP
2006-10-21, 13:35

The notorious monsters that appear in Besieged will now drop new items.

SupHammer
2006-10-21, 13:47

That would mean Hydra appears in Besieged then. SE isn't that creative.

miokomioko
2006-10-21, 13:56

http://papyr.com/hypertextbooks/comp1/logic.htm

Sendra
2006-10-21, 15:17

http://papyr.com/hypertextbooks/comp1/logic.htm

Oh god I lol'd