PDA

View Full Version : Lamian Kaman -1 thread #234589!

Krandor
2007-01-19, 03:08
Ok I know these threads have been made a few times but I never really saw anything conclusive.

I know the bow needs to break for the -1 to drop, but how specifically do you break the Lamia's bow? Breaking their knife for melee swings seems easy enough, but it doesn't make the bow drop. Is there some timing trick to WSing it with the bow out or something I'm missing?

TB
2007-01-19, 04:30
I got a drop without breaking the bow. Hmmmm.

Might be possible that bow broke on the last melee hit and thus i didn't see the animation for it. But 3 seconds before the kill, the Lamia definately shot a n arrow at me.

Burginator
2007-01-19, 07:57
I've gotten a drop without breaking the bow as well -- A friend of mine manaburned it while I sat there on THF and threw my Bomb Core at the goddamn lamia.

Unless I'm absolutely mistaken, the bow was intact when we killed her -- I don't recall seeing any "omgawd that shit got broke'd lol!" animaton like there typically is with a weapon. I think it's just a random drop /shrugs.

Krandor
2007-01-19, 09:32
Lame, guess my luck was garbage then last night.

TB
2007-01-19, 09:39
Maybe breaking the weapon will make the drop 100% and otherwise its pretty piss poor. Could be a reason for everyone saying that you have to break the bow first.

Eaglestrike
2007-01-19, 10:22
So I don't make another thread about this, where do these spawn? Somepage says there are only 2 spawn points, wondering if that's true. Was going to see how duoing them went, blink tanking rangers typically sucks ass but 160k a bow sounds like it might be worth it.

Khamsin
2007-01-19, 11:53
I think I've seen a couple Toxophilites in Mire on the way to the reef, near one of the entrances. There's also a couple inside the reef, too, but I forget where those ones are at.

Of course, the reef ones are probably the ones you're interested in, since the mire ones don't drop the bow.

Which brings to mind.. you were killing the reef ones, right Krandor?

TB
2007-01-19, 11:56
There are 2 in the reef. They spawn near the exit to Caedarva Mire, which leads to the place with Rams and Treants.

I-6 to J-6 on the map.

Turaeg
2007-01-19, 15:38
I sleep nuked solo'd the one near Dvucca Isle, bow dropped 3rd kill.

Keltiks
2007-01-19, 16:20
TB, you mean I-6 to J-6 on the first map?

http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/maps/arrapago-reef/general/

Dammerung
2007-01-19, 18:09
TB, you mean I-6 to J-6 on the first map?

http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/maps/arrapago-reef/general/

I'm there right now fighting one, so yes that is accurate.

Edit: 1/1 .. I just used up my luck for who knows how long :x

Krandor
2007-01-19, 18:38
Maybe breaking the weapon will make the drop 100% and otherwise its pretty piss poor. Could be a reason for everyone saying that you have to break the bow first.

I never managed to break the bow, hence why I was asking. I broke the dagger on every single one, but I could never make the bow break.

Keltiks
2007-01-19, 23:47
I've been farming the two at I-6. Its me PLD/NIN and a THF/NIN. We're 5/10 on bow drops so far.

Judai
2007-01-20, 01:30
Being a BLU I have to learn Hysteric Barrage from these gals. Do they sue this when you break their dagger? Or will I have to break their bow for this?

If it's just the dagger, how are you breaking it so easily?

Krandor
2007-01-20, 01:47
Just do slow damage to it and time weak WSs around it's swinging.

Having a crit heavy job like NIN helps too. I was able to break the dagger everytime pretty much, but now that I know that breaking the dagger doesn't matter... not gonna bother anymore. Hysteric Barrage sucks ass when you're a NIN