PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica

Pages : [1] 2

Vade
2007-01-21, 21:58
Anyone watch tonight's episode? ZOMG

Krandor
2007-01-21, 22:03
Was watching the end of the Colts/Pats and didn't want to start a few minutes in <_< Catching the rerun in an hour.

Bwelch
2007-01-21, 22:07
BAH! I missed it. :(

Krandor
2007-01-21, 22:12

It repeats at 9 PST/12 EST

Vade
2007-01-21, 22:14
http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewto ... battlestar (http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12753&highlight=battlestar)

search button is your friend

and i don't miss a fucking episode.

The start to the second half of the season. Not going to bump a dead thread, sorry.

Bwelch
2007-01-21, 22:20

It repeats at 9 PST/12 EST

Cool thanks

Metah
2007-01-21, 22:28
I'd watch this show if the camerawork didn't give me seizures

Atlasion
2007-01-21, 23:16
Great, I was wondering when this would be back on. The UK is a bit behind in showing the new episodes (as usual) so I've been watching them all online.

Like a lot of people I was a bit sceptical about the whole jumping forward a year, but the new series has been great so far. Especially now that Admiral Adama has shaved off that stupid mustache.

Bloodanaki
2007-01-21, 23:26
I'm guessing everyone was watching the game, because I don't see any torrents up yet ;(

Bwelch
2007-01-21, 23:40
God damnit! I missed it again. Fuck you ChaCha! http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n95/Bwelchka/shakefist.gif

So how does this work? s03e12?

Aerin
2007-01-22, 03:16
Was good for the most part.

I think the last 10 minutes or so of it went by really fast, like they skipped a few scenes.

BRP
2007-01-22, 04:26
and can the title at least be spelled correctly Rolling Eyes sorry... yeah

Battlestar Galactica. missed an A there champ

You are a giant dick, wow.

Is it true that this show is nearing canceling because a sharp drop of ratings. Man, that would suck.

Vade
2007-01-22, 08:23
and can the title at least be spelled correctly Rolling Eyes sorry... yeah

Battlestar Galactica. missed an A there champ

You are a giant dick, wow.

Is it true that this show is nearing canceling because a sharp drop of ratings. Man, that would suck.

I sure can as long as you can correctly capitalize and punctuate your own damn sentences.

Anyway, enough with the shit talk. How did everyone like the episode? Any speculations?

Doombear
2007-01-22, 12:03
Starbuck with the painting leads me to believe she's a cylon

One of the final five? I dunno, that seems ridiculously obvious though. I mean sure... i thought the same thing, but it would just be too blatant i think.

Overall, i thought the show was on par with some of the better ones. First 10 minutes got me hyped up but it did kind of slow down/have odd pacing issues for the last 50.

Neosutra
2007-01-22, 15:58
Starbuck with the painting leads me to believe she's a cylon

One of the final five? I dunno, that seems ridiculously obvious though. I mean sure... i thought the same thing, but it would just be too blatant i think.

Overall, i thought the show was on par with some of the better ones. First 10 minutes got me hyped up but it did kind of slow down/have odd pacing issues for the last 50.

Yep. Cylones have had the whole thing planned from the start. They found the temple of Athena during the years of peace and understood the implecations. With their leadership being able to see a hell of alot farther then us, they positioned a chain of events that they would be able to control.

So far people with visions (aka cylons) that have changed the fleets destiny:

Gaius
Roselan
Starbuck.

Not sure who the last 2 are, but i have my guesses. Only thing im not sure of is why the cyclons decided this was the best course of action.

Neosutra
2007-01-22, 17:26
What about Casey?

Who?

Cookamungas
2007-01-22, 17:54
Casey was starbuck's "daughter" who really turned out not to be hers.

I can't believe that sharon got her baby back so fast, and the fact that Caprica came with her on the raptor. Too bad deanna got put in cold storage... I'll miss you Xena! :P

Bloodanaki
2007-01-30, 02:03
Just saw 3-13, bah I just want to stick another pen in Balthairs neck >.<. At least he said a litle bit on his betrayal on Caprica.

Can't wait to see next weeks tho, i'm thinking Caprica 6 is gonna spill the story. :twisted:

Also I also wasn't much of a fan of Starbuck's husband back at his emergence because I liked Lee as a better fit for Starbuck. But after this episode Lee lost alot of points. At least the other guy doesn't lie to himself.

Bah 2 more weeks til the next one. :cry:

Bloodanaki
2007-01-30, 02:16
Nah it's not Casey but, you maybe on to something with Starbuck. Off to the side was a kid with an eyepatch tho, anyone else know another character with an eyepatch in the series. :wink:

But ehh it's all speculation at that point, but I also think that was pretty important scene.

The Blackrose
2007-01-30, 09:01
eh good move not putting it up against the super bowl imo

and who was the kid pushing down Gaius? Casey or a young Starbuck or just some random kid?

It was a random kid from New Caprica. When his consciousness put him in the rebirthing tub during the interrogation, he was surrounded by people who had died during the Cylon occupancy.

anyone else want to see a catfight between Laura and c6?

If it is any good as Tyrol vs. Adama, then hell yes.

Deftscythe
2007-01-30, 09:07
anyone else want to see a catfight between Laura and c6?
If it is any good as Tyrol vs. Adama, then hell yes.

It wouldn't be anything like that. Cylons are stronger than humans and Laura isn't very strong to start with. Caprica would just backhand her across the room.

manako
2007-03-05, 10:00
Pisses me off that she didn't tell anybody about the circles though. I guess it was more of a sign and they wouldn't be able to do anything about it, but oh well.

I can't wait for next week's though, finally get Gaius' story line fixed a little.

Doombear
2007-03-05, 12:28
If you didn't see last night you need to see it.

If you did....

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Fact.

Bloodanaki
2007-03-05, 16:47
Let's just hope a cyclon ship was close enough, so that she could download into. :roll:
Nah, im just throwing out speculation, but you never know ;x.

Anyways, now EMO Lee is really gonna feel like a sad sack, feeling guilty, that it was his fault.

Such a great episode, both in plot and character development.

Doombear
2007-03-05, 17:12
Agreed... and Granpa Adama at the end... i cringed when he broke his fancy toy ship.

Kriz
2007-03-05, 19:40
I like how that was a major surprise, to me at least. Actually, a lot of BSG ends up surprising to me, you go in all happy go lucky and then bam it's switched up :shock:

Atlasion
2007-03-05, 21:32
I hope she's a cylon. :(

manako
2007-03-06, 00:05
bah, they had already mention that the actress playing Kara was leaving, so it was not that big a surprise to me. I was surprised that they killed her off so soon, I thought they would have waited until later on to do that seeing as they announced it and all.

It is possible that she is a cylon, and that we will see her even less than we saw Lucy Lawless. how many eps are left this season anyway?

Aerin
2007-03-06, 03:16
there's a spoiler website called the patriot resource that said Maelstrom would be Kara's last episode for the season, and that it appeared she was leaving the show. It didn't say how her character was leaving the show though.

the last 3 episodes look to be really awesome too, really looking forward to them

Vade
2007-03-19, 00:24
These people are four of the remaining cylons...count on it.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Tory, Tigh, Tyrol, and Sam Anders. All four of them can hear that song....

Deftscythe
2007-03-19, 00:40
Tory, Tigh, Tyrol, and Sam Anders. All four of them can hear that song....

I don't remember the Chief hearing the song. What scene was that?

Vade
2007-03-25, 22:01
fucking called it!

and zomg at the cliff hanger ending.

Krandor
2007-03-25, 22:03
No new episodes til 2008....

Vade
2007-03-25, 22:05
No new episodes til 2008....

Don't remind me please :(

I want the sound track omg.

Martinius
2007-03-25, 22:26
HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

that's all. amazing amazing episode.

The Blackrose
2007-03-26, 00:51
Unfortunately, I wasn't floored but most of that can be attributed to the fact that I had the entire 2nd half of the season ender fucking spoiled for me last week.

I think that's the last time I'm reading FOH's TV forum. God help them if they spoil Heroes on me.

Blarg
2007-03-26, 01:52
Wow... man that episode was great. Great reveals, great cliffhangers, great music, watching that really pumped me up, I dont think I will be able to sleep for a bit.

Neosutra
2007-03-26, 02:28
Awesome, but so far here is the trend for BSG:

Spectacular Ground breaking season opener.

Followed by semi decent episodes that slowly build to finale.

Spectacular Ground breaking Season finale.

Follow by half a year's wait for more.

Either way, the series is worth watch just for the first and last episodes of each season.

Aerin
2007-03-26, 03:06
That was beyond awesome, I shouldn't read spoilers anymore, as it does ruin it kind of when you see it.

But that was still one of the best episodes of any series I've ever seen

Bloodanaki
2007-03-26, 11:36
Just saw it.
All I can say is MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
I called it!, from the eyepatch kid, to the the disapperence of Kara.

Now it's gonna be a long year ; ;.

finale23
2007-03-26, 11:52
Kara's one hawt toaster :)

Misterjingles
2007-03-26, 12:09
God dammit I caught the last half of BSG and I was confused/surprised as hell...now I gotta buy this season and catch up. Dammit.

Bloodanaki
2007-03-26, 12:19
Just relized that there is another cylon hybrid now. Which means that Caley's<sp> "brush with death count" is 1 more than we know about; her womb wasn't torn apart by the half cyclon baby in childbirth! :roll:

Neosutra
2007-03-26, 14:21
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07085/770732-352.stm

2 points to note:

Starbuck is signed for 4th season.

the 4 in the room are 4 of the final 5.

with starbuck as the 5th >.>

Thanx for point that out for those that didnt figure that out <.<

Neosutra
2007-03-26, 18:12
I didn't believe it until Ron Moore said it, I don't like drawing conclusions with the series. After all, they did say "Starbuck is dead".

so we're discounting Gaius and Roslyn, both of whom were affected by the song, and both of whom were in the ballroom in the dreams?

Gauis and Rosalyn are playing different roles in the "master plan", Gauis being the chosen one, and rosalyn being the leader of the fleet, as by the scriptures. Still havent figured out how they are tying the final five in with the scriptures and the resounding theme of "This has all happened before, and this will all happen again". Perhaps the cyclons in their isolation discovered the old human planet and found things set in motion by our ancestors to influence events. Remeber it was boomer that found the old human planet, it was the chief that found the temple on that one planet, and it was starbuck that got the arrow of apollo. It has been the cyclons leading the fleet in this direction.

But what did the cyclons find in this master plan left by our ancestors? What was so important that they created the hidden five to carefully influence humanity. How does Rosalyn and Gauis see the things they do and practically control the entire fleets destiny to the cylons will w/o being cylons? Genetic programing? Divine predesination? Just what did the cyclons find out on that planet, and what was so important that the other models couldnt even be informed.

Or perhaps they will just play the god card, who knows.

Atlasion
2007-03-26, 18:18
I'm pretty sure Gauis isn't a cylon. Remember he went to the cylon ship that was infected with the virus?

There will be some twist and the final cylon will be someone completly unexpected like Admiral Adama.

And so much for there being a decent fight scene. Looks like we'll be waiting till 2008 for that. :(

Aerin
2007-03-26, 19:00
I don't think it can be Adama, that would make Lee a Hybrid. And the whole reason why Hera is important is because she's the FIRST. It was never said she would be the only one.

Takie
2007-10-10, 15:11
Necrobump

When is the new season supposed to start? I can't wait O_O;

Neosutra
2007-10-10, 15:21
Necrobump

When is the new season supposed to start? I can't wait O_O;

Battestar "Razor" clips are showing soon, dont know times, but they are clips of the first cylon war and are pretty hot. I think there was supposed to be a miniseason around this time and then the final season in the fall of next year, but I havent found any dates anywhere for either.

Doombear
2007-10-10, 15:28
I know that the Razor DVD Set comes out the first week of December.

Amazon Pre Order (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000V5IP6K/ref=ord_cart_shr/104-5507199-2332753?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance)

But yeah, i don't think they have finalized when the final season starts, or even if it will be split into two parts with a break in between like last season was. They have said that the Season Premiere will be a 2 hour "mini movie" though, and that rocks.

Blarg
2007-10-10, 16:12
This coming season is the confirmed last season right?

Doombear
2007-10-10, 17:55
Yes. Last season evar!

Ryuh
2007-10-10, 21:03
Season 4 promo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VysVxz2_rQg

Aerin
2008-03-02, 23:56
Wooo only about a month left til the final season!

Season 4 preview clips (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkYvXmD94e0)

Last 3 minutes of Season 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kamWImoqpEw)

Season 3 DVD set (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kamWImoqpEw)

Martinius
2008-03-03, 07:36
to say that i am geeked beyond belief would be pretty much the understatement of the year.

i have maintained, and elph and i have fought about this over and over(we always have bsg pts sunday nights when new eps air), that the 5th and final cylon is

edit: fuck, i can't make the text tiny enough to avoid being a readable spoiler. let's just say that leoben's final words in 'flesh and blood' from season one, i have maintained are the truth, just not the one everyone thought he was talking about.

Kayos
2008-03-03, 10:28
I just started watching this series after a tip from a friend about 2 months ago. For the most part it is excellent and very well done. I have watched all of season 1 and 2. I guess my question is, is the DVD out for season 3 yet? Or does anyone know a good torrent for season 3? I really want to watch all of season 3 before 4 comes out D:

Atlasion
2008-03-03, 10:53
I'm pretty sure series 3 is out on DVD

Atlasion
2008-03-03, 11:06
Well, its already out in the UK

Atlasion
2008-03-03, 11:48
Oh man. £52 and free delivery..

Its very tempting, but I don't trust the postmen here. I get other people's mail all the time. And I'm a student, I can't afford DVD boxsets. So tempting though..

Aerin
2008-03-03, 12:42
I just started watching this series after a tip from a friend about 2 months ago. For the most part it is excellent and very well done. I have watched all of season 1 and 2. I guess my question is, is the DVD out for season 3 yet? Or does anyone know a good torrent for season 3? I really want to watch all of season 3 before 4 comes out D:

Season 3 was pretty good. Episode 4 of that season had the only moment I can ever recall where I wanted to jump out of my seat and yell "FUCK YA!"

I really loved how they ended the season too.

Neosutra
2008-03-03, 12:45

Season 3 was pretty good. Episode 4 of that season had the only moment I can ever recall where I wanted to jump out of my seat and yell "FUCK YA!"

Semi spoiler below:

Is that the episode where galactica jumps into mid atmosphere to deploy its fighters? Because i literally stood up in my living room an applauded that episode.

Atlasion
2008-03-03, 12:52
Yeh, it was. That was probably one of my favourite episodes yet.

I'll probably buy that boxset. Because of the huge gap between series, I tend to forget whats happened so far.

Martinius
2008-03-03, 16:21

exodus pt. 2. coolest. frakking. jump. scene. ever.

hot dog(who, interesting fact, is played by bodie olmos, adm. adama's rl son) sitting in the tubes going 'well this oughta be different' was legendary.

i mean there are a couple weak eps from season 3, namely for me, 'the woman king' and 'a day in the life,'(to which rod. d. moore concurred... if you dont listen to his podcasts, you're really missing out) but for the most part, the entire 20 ep. arc just has me having a huge nerd boner for season 4.

never take unfinished business for :granite:

Venture
2008-03-03, 17:31
"Brace for turbulence."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x52joWFK86I

April 4th, wheee...little bit late, if I recall right. Final episode of Season 3 mentioned January...

Hoping this last season doesn't have as much filler as Season 3 did. Season 3 was great in the first and last episodes, but the midseason was painful to sit through to keep up with the story.

Martinius
2008-03-03, 23:19
i hate to be nitpicky, but it's 'get ready for some chop' :D

nonetheless, i think we are all together in our embracing of /geek for april 4th :D

Sess
2008-03-04, 00:15
"Brace for turbulence."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x52joWFK86I

Thank you, for a second there I had forgotten why I loved this show (long breaks do that to me). I just need to take the month of March and rewatch everything so I'm ready for the last season.

Koyangi
2008-03-20, 10:51
Just picked up Season 3 DVD set on it's release date, playing catchup and waiting until April 4th, have some questions bugging me; How was #3 allowed to see who the 5 last Cylons were, when the conciousness of the basestar was stating "chosen one" (starbuck right?) then when she does see who they are she dies, possibly because, "to see god itself is to see madness," and these last 5 cylons are some form of diety/ies?

Also, I find it interesting that as #3's line gets shut down indefinitely, he states she as a model was fundamentally flawed, I find this very interesting because the creators of BGS state that the last 5 Cylons are "fundamentally different."

Also, that beacon that infects the cylons and basically rapidly kills them off, I hear Adama state it was left behind from a mission somewhere(?) but then they say it dates back like 3000 years and was left by people from 13th colony. So I'm to assume the people amongst them(13th colony) know about the cylons too and knew how to combat them (in the past?) or this was something that was purely random and this beacon infecting those cylons wasnt part of a bigger plan (I doubt this tho). Also the message Baltar hears coming from the beacon, yet he ignores it/fails to tell the cylons about it when he gets back.

lots of confusion on these 2 things and that's it for now.

Neosutra
2008-03-20, 12:31
Just picked up Season 3 DVD set on it's release date, playing catchup and waiting until April 4th, have some questions bugging me; How was #3 allowed to see who the 5 last Cylons were, when the conciousness of the basestar was stating "chosen one" (starbuck right?) then when she does see who they are she dies, possibly because, "to see god itself is to see madness," and these last 5 cylons are some form of diety/ies?.

It is suggested that the "master plan" (whose plan no one knows) is orchastrated by a higher order (the final 5? lolgod? mater cyclon?) and even the other cylon models do not know about it. My opinion is that after the cyclons moved away from the colonies they rapidly began to evolve techinilogically and discovered some of the ancient ruins leading back to earth. Along side this they also discovered some secrets (yet to be revealed, possibly that the cyclon/human conflict is a reiterating and selfcreating system fueled by who knows, and thus keeps repeating. Upon finding this out they cyclons orchastrate a covert mastermind plan to make all this happen, instituting the final 5 as human interfaces to "push" humanity in the direction the cyclons saw fit. The reasoning/motivation for all this remains unknown.

Also, that beacon that infects the cylons and basically rapidly kills them off, I hear Adama state it was left behind from a mission somewhere(?) but then they say it dates back like 3000 years and was left by people from 13th colony. So I'm to assume the people amongst them(13th colony) know about the cylons too and knew how to combat them (in the past?) or this was something that was purely random and this beacon infecting those cylons wasnt part of a bigger plan (I doubt this tho). Also the message Baltar hears coming from the beacon, yet he ignores it/fails to tell the cylons about it when he gets back.

It was left behind by the original colonies when they first left cobalt. It was not a weapon, but had some base bacteria that humans had evolved an immunity for, but cyclons had not.

I am re-watching season 3 now and remembering why i love the show so much.

Fuck ya for season 4!

Martinius
2008-03-20, 12:38
sorry, i hate to be a dick, but let's get it right.

Kobol, not Cobalt. :)

Takie
2008-03-20, 13:34
sorry, i hate to be a dick, but let's get it right.

Kobol, not Cobalt. :)
So say we all!

Martinius
2008-03-20, 13:51
elph and i were watching kobol's last gleaming pt2 the other night, and i reminded her(im proud to say i got her addicted to the show) that the first time she saw the end of the season finale with adama, she literally lept three feet off the bed. still gives me goosebumps... now working through season two, and gonna buy season three tomorrow :)

evilbau
2008-04-03, 13:17
Just finished watching the first 3 seasons (over this past couple weeks) just in time for the season premiere tomorrow :) Looking forward to it. Are the webisodes worth watching?

Lexa
2008-04-03, 13:25
I watched the first season of this, then kinda stopped and couldn't get back into it since the plot keeps moving forward. Since they put up that awesomely nice summary on the official site, though, I feel brave (and intrigued) enough to try to get back into it.

PS. Leoben and Starbuck... mmmm!

Jayhawk
2008-04-03, 13:27
Just finished watching the first 3 seasons (over this past couple weeks) just in time for the season premiere tomorrow :) Looking forward to it. Are the webisodes worth watching?

I've been anticipating this upcoming season. I'm so excited for tomorrow. :dance:

Martinius
2008-04-03, 14:05

i didn't care for the razor webisodes, but the resistance webisodes(ie, the ones prior to season3) are amazing, and give a wealth of backstory into the actions of many of the central characters during the occupation, namely jammer and duck.

Palin
2008-04-04, 16:12
Tonight!

Blarg
2008-04-04, 16:48
Looks like the first hour is recap and a celebration kinda episode, and then the new season starts right after that.

Aerin
2008-04-04, 21:07
:backflip: :backflip: :backflip:

10pm needs to come sooner!

Blarg
2008-04-04, 21:09
Already started for me on west coast.

Hitoru
2008-04-04, 22:10
Fucking awesome episode, but screw the cliffhanger ending with a very large object that possibly has a pointed end.

evilbau
2008-04-05, 02:08
when they showed what was going on in colonel tigh's minds eye I literally shouted 'NOOOO!' at my TV hehe

after watching the previous seasons in one go, having to wait for each episode is gonna suck

Neosutra
2008-04-05, 11:49
Good episode, but I was really hoping they wouldnt have to play the god card as the unifying theme Q.Q. I was hoping for cylon/human master plan or something a bit more interesting. But from the looks of it, either the president, karra, or baltar is a cylon. Karra is the safe bet with the unexplained events, but something tells me its actually the president with her visions and such.

But if the cylons are helping/leading karra, then who is? Vulcans?

Krandor
2008-04-05, 13:18
Good episode, but I was really hoping they wouldnt have to play the god card as the unifying theme Q.Q. I was hoping for cylon/human master plan or something a bit more interesting. But from the looks of it, either the president, karra, or baltar is a cylon. Karra is the safe bet with the unexplained events, but something tells me its actually the president with her visions and such.

But if the cylons are helping/leading karra, then who is? Vulcans?

I remember reading in an interview prior to the start of this season with Katie Sackhoff where she states that Starbuck is not a Cylon, and I think we were already shown during season 3 that Baltar isn't a cylon either (when he tried to commit suicide while the cylon baseship was nearby). I think President Roslin is the most likely person to be a cylon, but more then likely it's just trying to throw us for a loop as to who it really is (It's also been stated that Admiral Adama won't revealed as a Cylon either)

Blarg
2008-04-05, 13:25
Maybe the battlestar itself is the last cylon! I think the vision of Tigh's was a pretty cruel (but still good) way to trick us into a OH SHIT moment, had it been true that episode would have been so epic, but the rest of the season would have been worse for no Adama.

Martinius
2008-04-05, 14:26
katee sackoff said in an interview just prior to season 4's start that she was unequivocally told by the producers of the show that she wasn't a cylon.

my money are on zach adama(who got his first mention last night since at least season 2 if not earlier), lee adama, the president, or, wait for it, romo lampkin :D

amazing ep last night, i wish they'd done a 2 parter aired together like they did occupation/precipice to start off season 3, but still, i am not one to complain, especially after that episode.

Burginator
2008-04-06, 03:00
/shrug, I wasn't exactly disappointed. I wasn't expecting a "Holy shit this rules" episode, not for a season opener. I imagine we'll see some really fantastic episodes going into the middle of the season though. This was just setting up more shit for them to really get into later, and I can't wait. I'll have my eyes glued to my torrent sites (I'm poor, I don't have a TV) waiting for each episode.

Martinius
2008-04-06, 07:12
as i said to elph last night, i think a lot her disappointment was 10 month hiatusitis, which is my 'clever' name for the fact that we ended last season almost a year ago with such a completely 'what. the. fuck.' that there's no way that friday's episode could possibly live up to a lot of expectations. i tried coming in, decidedly excited of course, but getting in the frame of mind of an episode like 'the woman king' or 'black market'(i think they are the only two 'bad' episodes, not 'meh could've been better', but 'bad' episodes the show has ever done), and so lowered my expectations i guess enough that i was just on a joyride for the whole episode. god, the conversation kara and sam have in the hallway of photos... holy fuck :3

btw, slight derail, please only comment if you've seen it and then return to bsg or i'll happily make a new thread. HOLY FUCK DID ANYONE ELSE SEE SERIES 4 PREMIERE OF DOCTOR WHO LAST NIGHT? OMFG. that is all.

Atlasion
2008-04-06, 08:42
btw, slight derail, please only comment if you've seen it and then return to bsg or i'll happily make a new thread. HOLY FUCK DID ANYONE ELSE SEE SERIES 4 PREMIERE OF DOCTOR WHO LAST NIGHT? OMFG. that is all.

Yes. Catherine Tate is sooo annoying.

Martinius
2008-04-06, 08:55

Yes. Catherine Tate is sooo annoying.

im actually referring to the last 2 minutes of the episode :D

that said, i find catherine tate extraordinarily annoying, but was significantly less annoying than she was in the chrismas ep of series 2, so im not writing her off yet.

Groovebox
2008-04-07, 11:11
sigh, got my hopes up way too much, after the first 10 minutes it's been a snorefest.

I wish I was kidding... but I'm not.

sigh... I just hope it all ties in. it seems far too fragmented and far too "OH LOOK IT'S OUR LAST SEASON LET'S THROW A BUNCH OF SHIT TOGETHER".

I agree, it was kind of a letdown. I'm hoping the 2nd part of this episode is fantastic :( I'm also hoping the last cylon isn't a character we've met yet...

Aerin
2008-04-07, 12:24
I thought it was an okay episode, anyone else think it looks like they upped the SFX this year?

It was kind of ruined for me from the start though. My gf wanted to watch it with me and she never has before. So she was asking me shit every fucking second, and every now and then would say "That's so unbelievable, why would they do that? Do they really expect..."

I really expected her to shut the fuck up, that's what I expected. Not making that mistake ever again.

Jakson
2008-04-08, 04:18
lots of confusion on these 2 things and that's it for now.

That bit reminded me of The Andromeda Strain. No ill will meant by it, but fortunate for the fleet nonetheless.

As far as Saturday's episode, I thought it was fine. When you watch entire seasons in a rather short period of time, it's much easier to say "Hey that one sucked, at least the next one is right here so I can be slightly less depressed." However, when we watch them week by week (and definitely not downloading them via torrent...) it is much easier, methinks, to jump to conclusions and get pissed off it isn't the greatest episode ever. If anybody wasn't sure about the producers using a bit of the old deus ex machina, then you probably need to go rewatch at least the second and third seasons. That being said, I really disliked the the current bit that Gaius is playing now. For all I'm concerned, he should have been written out of the show in the last episode of season three. Give the character a gallant ending at the hand of Xena, the warrior princess.

Martinius
2008-04-08, 06:41
i disagree and agree with what you're saying about gaius(who i must say, regardless of character, james callis is going a marvelous job). i don't particularly care for the track he's on right now, but ever since the beginning of the series, and this is where i disagree with you, gaius has been having 'head six'(not that kind of head har har), telling him that he is an instrument of god, the hand of god(ep 6 i think of season one?), etc etc, and so i think this is, in some perverted gaius way, the fulfillment of that. i mean cmon, he bangs hot barely legal chick and then like little kid is all better? it's so totally gaius. he is the complete narcissist. i was particularly glad tho, i must say, that they gave him a haircut(tho that little arc with connor i thought was marvelous) and a shave, because going through what i think is going to be a very christ-heavy allegory would be a bit heavy handed of the producers given baltar's appearance since the middle of season three.

nicholai
2008-04-13, 22:40
bump for great justice! I <3'd fridays episode, Six owns all.

Krandor
2008-04-14, 01:52
The scene of Gaius talking to his imaginary self was absolutely hilarious.

Bloodanaki
2008-04-19, 01:57
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
She was my favorite, and imo the cutest chick on the series.

Atlasion
2008-04-19, 08:01
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
She was my favorite, and imo the cutest chick on the series.

Atlasion
2008-04-19, 12:40
Also, doesn't this mean that Cally and Tyrols baby is half cylon?

Thoronas
2008-04-19, 12:50
Also, doesn't this mean that Cally and Tyrols baby is half cylon?

Yep. Also, what is going to happen to all the sixes. Are they really all dead now?

nicholai
2008-04-20, 17:22
more than just six would be all dead six and sexy girl and whitetrashguy also would be dead!

Aerin
2008-04-20, 18:04
whoa... just whoa.

This series never ceases to amaze me.

Takie
2008-04-20, 20:10
That would make Boomer, Athena & Caprica Six the last of their lines then, no?

Kandykanez
2008-04-20, 20:20
it seems a bit drastic to wipe the whole entire lines... did they show actual, complete destruction of the ships or just some explodies? I don't remember seeing the entire base stars blown apart. maybe some got away in heavy raiders and whatnot.

Atlasion
2008-05-10, 12:47
Awesome episode. Poor Felix though.. I hope he doesn't lose his leg.

Which 3 have come from earth then? I didn't quite get that bit..

Kriz
2008-05-10, 12:51
Diana (the boxed 3) leads to final 5 cylons (from the 13th colony).

Unless of course you interpret the 13th to mean a secret cylon :drunky:

Atlasion
2008-05-10, 13:15
But don't we know who the final 5 are (4 defiently, Starbuck is probably 5th)?

So, some of them are from earth?

Martinius
2008-05-10, 14:55
starbuck was told(er, katee sackoff) off the bat when she signed her deal she wasn't a cylon. then again, ron moore said in his podcast for maelstrom that starbuck died. i still maintain it's either an adama(my money's on lee or zach) or romo lampkin. and yes, the interpretation having just watched the episode again is the 'lost 3 will guide to the final five' as being the need to unbox deanna is most likely.

i can't believe how good the show continues to be, and listening to ron moore's podcasts, it sounds like we won't be having any 'stand alone' eps to pull down the season, like 'black market' or 'the woman king.' he said 'season four is one big storyline.'

Krandor
2008-05-10, 14:58
Standalone episodes like the ones we got in Season 3 was because the Sci-fi channel wanted it to hopefully draw in new viewers (since it is a very hard show to pick up without taking time to watch pretty much every prior episode), but it actually ended up hurting the ratings so go figure.

Atlasion
2008-05-10, 15:22
Oh yeh, I forgot Deanna saw the final 5 before being boxed.. I just don't get the bit about them knowing the way to earth

Starbuck can hear the music, and it will be pretty hard to explain her not dying and showing up in a perfect condition viper without her being a cylon. I hope she isn't the final one though..

The stand alone episodes were a bit shit. I liked the idea of them tackling problems within the civilian fleet, as it seems a lot more realistic that way. They just made those episodes a bit crap..

I'd completly forgotten about Romo Lampkin. He does seem like he could be a cylon, but I think he would have popped up more in the recent storyline if he was..

Martinius
2008-05-10, 15:49
mark sheppard(who played romo) is slated to reappear later in the season, was instrumental in the exoneration of gaius baltar, and survived nearly being blown up. im just saying it's a possibility :) deanna's first ep as a cylon we didn't find she was a cylon until the end of the ep, so that's really where my whacked out theory on romo lampkin comes from. plus i loved him as badger on firefly.

Kriz
2008-05-10, 16:15
I also was surprised (I guess I had forgotten about it) that Nana Visitor (Kira from Star Trek DS9) was the dying lady. Not that it much matters, but I was nerdily happy.

Bloodanaki
2008-05-10, 18:29
I'm only half way thru last episode, but I just had to pause, and say this series is back on track.

Atlasion
2008-05-10, 18:48
I'm only half way thru last episode, but I just had to pause, and say this series is back on track.

Yeh, after the latest episode I went back and watched some of the previous great ones.

Apparently there will be another one of those stupid half year breaks they always pull. Could be as late as 2009 to finish the series..

Bloodanaki
2008-05-11, 03:11
Goshdammit. Last break I had to zone out and fill the void with other shows, now another long wait. Ah well we got a few more in until than.

Can't wait til next ep. Just to see the look on every one's face in the fleet.
"DRADIUS CONTACT! BASESTAR! FRAK! LAUNCH VIPERS"

Koyangi
2008-05-11, 10:20
Why isn't this topic blazin with posts like House and Lost and Heroes(s1 and 2)? This show is very damn good.

Takie
2008-05-11, 13:55
Why isn't this topic blazin with posts like House and Lost and Heroes(s1 and 2)? This show is very damn good.
Because alot of people view this show as merely another sci-fi spinoff without taking into account the profound drama aspect involved

Atlasion
2008-05-11, 15:14
Because alot of people view this show as merely another sci-fi spinoff without taking into account the profound drama aspect involved

Possibly. I certainly don't just think of it as just another sci fi show though. Its one of my favourites.

I'm also pretty surprised at the lack of posts about it. Especially compared to the likes of Heroes series 2, which was a bit shite. Although I guess all the hype due to the first one had a part to play.

I think one of the reasons for the lack of interest in BSG is that it must be very hard to get into the show. If you haven't been watching from the beginning, you'll have missed a lot.. Even I get confused sometimes because I've forgotten some of the stuff from previous episodes. Having said that though, I highly recommend to anyone who hasn't watched from the beginning that you go back and start watching. The pilot episodes were amazing.

Also, what happened to Sharon and Helo's baby? Does some random family in the fleet just have it now? I remember the cylons getting hold of it, then returning it to Galactica.. I thought it would play a bigger role. Although I guess its not as important now with Tyrol's baby..

Deftscythe
2008-05-11, 15:19
Yeah, I think a lot of people just assume every sci-fi show has to be corny like Star Trek or cheesy like Flash Gordon.

Deftscythe
2008-05-11, 16:44
Also, what happened to Sharon and Helo's baby? Does some random family in the fleet just have it now? I remember the cylons getting hold of it, then returning it to Galactica.. I thought it would play a bigger role. Although I guess its not as important now with Tyrol's baby..

Sharon and Helo have her, though we haven't seen Hera on Demetrius with them so I guess someone was caring for her over the last couple episodes. Previews for next week are showing her playing a large role in that episode.

Neosutra
2008-05-12, 13:55
Is anyone else kinda peeved they are playing the God card for explaination of everything? I dont mind a religious undertone, but it seems to be a limit of writing creativity to just say the all powerful mystery was behind it all.

Gauis' once amazing multi-face character has been reduced to a dribbling profit-esque character. The president's strong willed persona has fallen for the "visions" of the river. And Starbuck is being teased as being a cylon (but not really, just another part of "gods plan").

I am really going to be dissapointed if they use the god card to explain everything mysterious in the season so far..

Blarg
2008-05-12, 14:36
Is anyone else kinda peeved they are playing the God card for explaination of everything? I dont mind a religious undertone, but it seems to be a limit of writing creativity to just say the all powerful mystery was behind it all.

Gauis' once amazing multi-face character has been reduced to a dribbling profit-esque character. The president's strong willed persona has fallen for the "visions" of the river. And Starbuck is being teased as being a cylon (but not really, just another part of "gods plan").

I am really going to be dissapointed if they use the god card to explain everything mysterious in the season so far..

Well so far they have moved from multiple gods down to just one god. Maybe they will remove the last god by the time it's over.

Neosutra
2008-05-12, 15:25

Well so far they have moved from multiple gods down to just one god. Maybe they will remove the last god by the time it's over.

Its not really the theist story line that gets me, its the general lack of creativity in any drama that uses the 'god card' to explain every mysterious thing they wrote into the script for the entire series. Is it too much to ask for some indepth explainations for the dissapearance of starbuck, the visions of the main characters, the continued "all this has happened before and will happen again" crap.. There is such a massive open space for them to really be creative in all this, and it seems they are leaning more and more on "god did it" mentallity which is just plain lazy.

Atlasion
2008-05-12, 17:49

Its not really the theist story line that gets me, its the general lack of creativity in any drama that uses the 'god card' to explain every mysterious thing they wrote into the script for the entire series. Is it too much to ask for some indepth explainations for the dissapearance of starbuck, the visions of the main characters, the continued "all this has happened before and will happen again" crap.. There is such a massive open space for them to really be creative in all this, and it seems they are leaning more and more on "god did it" mentallity which is just plain lazy.

Hopefully the Roslin seeing the boat is just to lead up to some drama. Remember she told Tory to keep an eye on her before going in for treatment, and now she's going crazy seeing some boat. Kara turning out to be a cylon would explain her mysterious reappearance without god coming into it.

I like the whole multitheism v monotheism concept, but I do agree with you. If the story turns into some metaphysical religous crap I'll be quite pissed.

The whole cylon raiders 'having a plan' and not attacking the fleet was already a bit off. Who made the cylon raiders then? Now it appears that the human cylons don't know an awful lot about their own kind, and yet are still the ones in command.

Rhyis
2008-05-12, 19:49
"The God card" hasn't been used to explain anything yet.... Because nothing has been explained yet. We don't know what the Head characters are. We don't what Roslin's visions are about. We don't know what the Final Five really are. We don't how Starbuck survived.... We don't know squat.

"The God card" has been used as it has, as an explanation to the characters within the show, not the audience. If the only thing you're taking from the show is the religious undertone, you're watching this show wrong.

Blarg
2008-05-12, 20:23
I really don't care either way what it is. The show has worked very well so far for me so I don't want to assume that the route they are taking wont be interesting.

Neosutra
2008-05-12, 21:18
"The God card" hasn't been used to explain anything yet.... Because nothing has been explained yet. We don't know what the Head characters are. We don't what Roslin's visions are about. We don't know what the Final Five really are. We don't how Starbuck survived.... We don't know squat.

"The God card" has been used as it has, as an explanation to the characters within the show, not the audience. If the only thing you're taking from the show is the religious undertone, you're watching this show wrong.

Hence why I said -leaning- toward it. If they dont make Starbuck a cylon, then there is very little they can do to explain her exploding.. Add in the visions, Gauis' profitism, and the cylons general plan and youve got the entire season dangerously close to the "god did it all" line.

And seriously, stfu with the attitude you got from misreading our posts.

Aerin
2008-05-12, 22:09
I like the whole multitheism v monotheism concept, but I do agree with you. If the story turns into some metaphysical religous crap I'll be quite pissed.

Could not have said it better.

Tulun
2008-05-17, 16:41
This most recent episode was awesome... And an annoying place to end it >.>

The push towards Gaius's religion hasn't been that bad. My take is that his character has finally lost it a bit and sort of just accepted this crazy nonsense he is in. He was inandated with it for the longest time... I'm just glad they are finally possibly explaining what Hera's child is all about, since they've built that up since day 1.

Burginator
2008-05-17, 17:45
I've thought the last two episodes were both back to the root of what BSG is -- Both have had fantastic moments, and when Sam shot Gaeta, I was almost blown away by it. This last episode is moving back towards the whole "Oh shit, what's really running this show" kind of theme, but the tension brought by Tigh/Sam/Tirol/Tori is helping me to move past that. I can't WAIT for the moment when everyone finds out the final five, I'm at the edge of my seat.

Atlasion
2008-05-17, 19:06
Finally. I can read this thread. Its actually taken me the better part of today to watch the latest episode online. The first part streamed ok, then the second part slowed right now. The last 3 minutes or so took about 2 hours :(

The 2 stories this season has been split into so far are starting to come together. By that I mean Gaius' reglious stuff and Starbuck's search for earth. I'm quite glad, the Gaius part has been getting a bit old..

Takie
2008-05-17, 19:36
This was by far one of the best episodes I've seen to date. At the end I was begging at the edge of my seat for Sharon not to shoot. This may seem odd but I got this weird image in my head of Roslyn being used as a hybrid because she's lost her hair already :thatguy:

Tankjr
2008-05-17, 19:44
The best episode since early season 2. When Athena woke to Hera saying "Bye Bye". The hybrid jumping in her classic orgasmatron style. Next week, the return of Romo Lampkin.

It's only too bad it took the final season to put the show back on track.

chillin
2008-05-17, 19:45
dose this show about spaceships in2 space??

Deftscythe
2008-05-17, 19:52
When Starbuck started recalling the hybrid's prediction during the Quorum meeting, was I the only one who thought that the Six might be the "dying leader?" I was disappointed when she was killed, I thought it would have been a nice twist.

Atlasion
2008-05-17, 20:31
When Starbuck started recalling the hybrid's prediction during the Quorum meeting, was I the only one who thought that the Six might be the "dying leader?" I was disappointed when she was killed, I thought it would have been a nice twist.

Hrmm. She wasn't exactly dying though. She just suddenly got killed. For a while I thought Gaeta was going to die, I'm glad he didn't.

Also, Tyrol is looking a lot like the fat kid who shot himself in Full Metal Jacket.

Deftscythe
2008-05-18, 06:52

Hrmm. She wasn't exactly dying though. She just suddenly got killed. For a while I thought Gaeta was going to die, I'm glad he didn't.

Also, Tyrol is looking a lot like the fat kid who shot himself in Full Metal Jacket.

She wasn't dying, but she was able to die, which for a cylon must be the same thing as being terminal. She'd also just given that speech about how to live they have to die.

Aerin
2008-05-18, 14:57
I honestly didn't think Athena would shoot 6, that is until she said "Is she gone?", referring to her daughter. Then I knew she was going to die lol.

Takie
2008-05-18, 15:13
I'm slightly confused as to the conversation the three cylons had after 6 gave her speech to the coram. Leobin told the 6 to go buy time and he'll handle the centurions. Handle in which direction? Handle to make sure they'll take the humans hostage after the resurrection hub has been destroyed or handle as in change plans and make sure they don't turn against the humans?

Atlasion
2008-05-18, 16:09
I'm slightly confused as to the conversation the three cylons had after 6 gave her speech to the coram. Leobin told the 6 to go buy time and he'll handle the centurions. Handle in which direction? Handle to make sure they'll take the humans hostage after the resurrection hub has been destroyed or handle as in change plans and make sure they don't turn against the humans?

I think its like a cliff hanger onto the next episode. All we know is the cylons have a plan (lol), and it's not the one they told the humans. So we'll find out next week.

Rhyis
2008-05-19, 00:33
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/krchecotah/arts2.jpg

Takie
2008-05-19, 05:19
I understood when Anders said that Gaeta sang in order to cope with the feeling of the Phantom Leg, but for him to be singing the entire episode, I found that kind of dumb & overdone :angry: Besides, didn't Helo promise not to let Doc Cottle take his leg?

Takie
2008-05-19, 18:37
Sorry, I was on my way to work and still half asleep, didn't look up how to spell the word. My apologies. That being said, during the opening of the episode, the 30 seconds or so during which they quickly show scenes, there was a scene of the Hybrid in her pool and it looked to me as if her face was that of Roslin. But I guess I was mistaken :( I didn't think she'd jump though & nor did I think Athena would shoot the six. This is why I love this show, usually you can tell to some degree what is going to happen in drama shows these days, but BSG just throws you off at every single turn :princess:

Avinor
2008-05-19, 20:28
with that said, are the only known hidden cylons left on the galactica Tori and Tyrol? Anders is on the basestar as is Tigh... along with like half the upper echelon.
Tigh is still on Galactica, judging by the previews for next season. And I don't remember Anders being on the base ship specifically either, I know he was hanging around sickbay feeling shitty for Gaeta. So I think all 4 are still on Galactica.

Theres been way too much lead up with the Centurions gaining sentience, I figure they have to play a big role in the next few episodes, or at some point.

Aerin
2008-05-31, 01:14
Tonights episode was pretty good. I'm really curious about the next episode from next weeks spoiler.

[spoiler:1w89vtg9]I thought they said the final cylon wasn&#39;t one of the main humans though.[/spoiler:1w89vtg9]

Atlasion
2008-05-31, 08:41
Did the US miss a week or something? I can't find the newest episode up..

Kinda amusing now. There's a cylon in command of the battlestar, heh. Can't beleive they killed Romo's cat though.. What bastards. Hope we find out what happened to the missing basestar next week.

Aerin
2008-06-14, 01:06
How'd you guys like the mid-season finale?

Thought it was pretty interesting myself.

Neosutra
2008-06-14, 01:10
How'd you guys like the mid-season finale?

Thought it was pretty interesting myself.

All I can say is:

WHAT THE GOD DAMN FUCK.

Seriously though, this followed BSG standard: Mass a shit load of questions till season mid point, then shoot you with a tidal wave of WTFism in 1-2 episodes.

Finding earth, revealing final 4 to fleet, showing the the 5th is...(we can guess), showing the earth has been nuked (recently? by who?).

Jesus christ man.

Thoronas
2008-06-14, 10:56
showing the the 5th is...(we can guess),

Mind spoilerfying your guess because I didn't see much in the ways of hints in this episode but I was pretty high when I watched it.

Also Earth seemed like it had been abandoned for decades or centuries more than it looked recently nuked.

All in all I thought it was a good episode until the down on earth scene. It was great seeing Ty and Adama's scene when it was all revealed.

Aerin
2008-06-14, 11:39
To me it looked like it was a Nuclear Holocaust, something that Earth did to itself.

Personally I wonder if the final cylon is...

[spoiler:1v3hlj8a]Hera. Since it&#39;s been reported none of the cast seen in the last supper picture (http://www.popcritics.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/bsg_lastsupper.jpg) is the final cylon.[/spoiler:1v3hlj8a]

Thoronas
2008-06-14, 11:51
[spoiler:mv08y6t7]Hera. Since it&#39;s been reported none of the cast seen in the last supper picture (http://www.popcritics.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/bsg_lastsupper.jpg) is the final cylon.[/spoiler:mv08y6t7]

[spoiler:mv08y6t7]That&#39;d be such a copout considering we already knew she was the child of a cylon.[/spoiler:mv08y6t7]

Neosutra
2008-06-14, 12:00
Well:

[spoiler:3bm1nph4]There are 2 logical possibilites (I say logical because they can always take the &#39;wtf&#39; path and make the 5th whoever they damn well please).

1. The 5th was not in the fleet (because he/she was on the base star with them :). Which points towards Gauis, President. (Remember the president had a sensation the same time the other 4 did when they warped into the nebula, the only difference is that she doesnt hear the music. ).

2. The fifth is the one who sent the signal from earth.. The fifth could then be anyone who has died in the season thus far, and is doing their part to push mankind along this path. The fifth could also be the main architect of this grand scheme, we may not know.

Number1 is more logical, as the Diana model could only have known that "only 4 are in the fleet" if she KNEW that one was not in the fleet (i.e. by seeing them on the basestar), as she had no other visions of the 5th being somewhere else.

So Baltar or President.[/spoiler:3bm1nph4]

Thoronas
2008-06-14, 15:22
Well:

[spoiler:17pxsfjd]There are 2 logical possibilites (I say logical because they can always take the &#39;wtf&#39; path and make the 5th whoever they damn well please).

1. The 5th was not in the fleet (because he/she was on the base star with them :). Which points towards Gauis, President. (Remember the president had a sensation the same time the other 4 did when they warped into the nebula, the only difference is that she doesnt hear the music. ).

2. The fifth is the one who sent the signal from earth.. The fifth could then be anyone who has died in the season thus far, and is doing their part to push mankind along this path. The fifth could also be the main architect of this grand scheme, we may not know.

Number1 is more logical, as the Diana model could only have known that "only 4 are in the fleet" if she KNEW that one was not in the fleet (i.e. by seeing them on the basestar), as she had no other visions of the 5th being somewhere else.

So Baltar or President.[/spoiler:17pxsfjd]

[spoiler:17pxsfjd]if it is Baltar that might make for a better explanation as to why he keeps seeing the non-existent six. What was the initial reason for him seeing? His own guilty conscience? Cyclon implant?

It&#39;s been so long I can&#39;t even remember.[/spoiler:17pxsfjd]

ZarakiKujata
2008-06-14, 17:33
I was always under the impression that Baltar's visions of the Six was his guilt manifesting itself.

Neosutra
2008-06-14, 23:48
I was always under the impression that Baltar's visions of the Six was his guilt manifesting itself.

[spoiler:8l7di1m3]True, but it manifested itself in some pretty revealing ways (identifying other cylons, point out target locations for cylon bases, knowing how to detect cylon blood from human).[/spoiler:8l7di1m3]

Rhyis
2008-06-15, 01:41
[spoiler:3jjr8vxh]After seeing Elosha (the priestess that died on Kobol) pop into Rosylns head between every jump on the cylon baseship, my guess is that the Head people (HeadSix/HeadBaltar/HeadElosha) are caught in some sort of space-time continum from dying on Kobol (as HeadSix pointed out, dying on Kobol was a fate worse then death. There is no afterlife for anyone that dies on this planet). They can&#39;t die (exactly), and they can&#39;t directly influence reality. For eternity they&#39;re stuck just watching. Yes, I&#39;m sure people will jump out and say "But Baltar and Caprica Six didn&#39;t die on Kobol!", but it&#39;s been my understanding, from the beginning of this show, that all the key players of this show seem to come back over and over throughout time (as Leobon told Kara) to play a part in this eternal "play". The players stay the same, but the roles are changed. So the last time this orchestra was played out, Baltar may have died on Kobol as the priest. And the time before, Six may have died on Kobol. It&#39;s not a stretch that either of these characters could be a priest/ess (one already sort of is) in this life or the next.

This is my theory for these people. I hope its something along these lines anyway, so that it doesn&#39;t end up that Baltar is just crazy after all. That would be insanely anticlimatic since they&#39;ve already brought up the idea multiple times, and shot it down themselves. I would scream at the television for days if Baltar turned out to be schizophrenic. FOR DAYS.

As to the last episode, I have these words to say:
YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! OH, DAMN YOU! GODDAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

Heh, in all seriousness though, I thought there was a huge amount of fantastic acting by a heap of the cast. It would have been the worst possible last episode of BSG. But it was a good mid-season ender.

Oh, and I believe the final cylon is one of these characters:
Tom Zarek
Zak Adama
President Adar
Kara&#39;s father

They&#39;d have the most emotional effect to the audience and characters in the show imo[/spoiler:3jjr8vxh]

Vade
2008-06-15, 11:56
Holy shit that was good. I can't until 2009. :( Someone freeze me until then. kthx.

Atlasion
2008-06-15, 14:28
That was a pretty awesome mid season finale. Can't beleive we have to wait till 2009 now..

I'm pretty sure Baltar and Roslin are not cylons. I still think it could be Kara Thrace, although that would be a bit boring. Although I like the theory that the final cylon was someone who died earlier (or a charcter we never saw like Aidar) and then went to earth though.

Also, I was waiting on the camera to pan out to the remains of the Statue of Liberty when they landed on earth. And I'm sure I'm not the only one, judying my Rhyis' response too, heh.

Palin
2008-06-15, 16:17
Another months-long waiting period. :(

Rhyis
2008-06-15, 21:56
[spoiler:1wj8lpoq]zak adama, kara&#39;s MOTHER, or Admiral Adama himself. Leaning much much more towards Zak, as Kara has been told she is the harbinger of death, and he&#39;s dead because of her, perhaps the first one. that can&#39;t be a coincidence.[/spoiler:1wj8lpoq]
[spoiler:1wj8lpoq]I&#39;ve always preferred the Zak Adama as the final cylon theory as well. I mean, the Lee and Kara relationship only existed because they both saw each other as the last string connected to Zak. I find a lot of BSG relationships can be explained through some form of Freudian slip.[/spoiler:1wj8lpoq]

Also, I was waiting on the camera to pan out to the remains of the Statue of Liberty when they landed on earth. And I'm sure I'm not the only one, judying my Rhyis' response too, heh.
Heh, funny story. No word of a lie, 2 minutes after the show is over my friend and I both email each other the "YOU MANIACS" line at exactly the same time. We had a good chuckle.

Also, there really needs to be a scene where Admiral Adama kicks a 6 down the stairs saying "Sometimes you have to roll the hard six''

AzazaelFenrir
2008-06-17, 10:18
[spoiler:3t1twh2q]I am leaning towards the President being the 5th. That will be how they keep the peace between both sides, with her on end and the Admiral on the other side. However if the people in the &#39;final supper&#39; picture are all out, then I really don&#39;t know.[/spoiler:3t1twh2q]

Aerin
2009-01-14, 10:47
Hurray, only 2 days left!

Anyone watch the webisodes? I thought it wasn't bad, should be interesting to see how that plays out in the end.

ZarakiKujata
2009-01-14, 13:35
[spoiler:3t1twh2q]I am leaning towards the President being the 5th. That will be how they keep the peace between both sides, with her on end and the Admiral on the other side. However if the people in the 'final supper' picture are all out, then I really don't know.[/spoiler:3t1twh2q]

Last Supper picture + comment by the creators that its someone from season 1 and is not an insignificant character leaves

Zarek, Gaeta, Dualla, Cottle imo and out of the group Zarek would make the most sense since hes a leader who could've been pulling the strings to orchestrate both sides this far, also the whole Kara Thrace as the harbinger of death could refer to her bringing about the 'death' of Cylons w/ the resurrection hub thing since she brought the renegade Cylons to the humans

I'm fucking stoked for this but moreso for Lost next week D:

nicholai
2009-01-14, 17:49
seth green is the last cylon duh i saw it on robot chicken!

Knightfell
2009-01-15, 06:18
I'm stoked to find out who the "Final Cylon" really is. Has anyone watched the webisodes?

It's pretty enjoyable in a WTF kind of way, seems to club you over the head with the clue bat as to who the final cylon could be, but then again knowing this series it could be a misdirection.

I think its either Geatea , Ellen Tigh , Romo Lampkin or Doc Cottle in order of likely hood. A good arguement could be made for Zarek, but I don't think that will happen. I think anyone aside from Geatea or Romo would be rather lame story wise, but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Oh and looking forward to some of the backstory as in regaurds to the past lives of the "Final Five"

Edit: If what was said about the people in the "Last Supper" pic not being the fifth cylon is true, and that the last cylon would be in the space between Tigh and Lee then there are only a few people that would seem to fit comfortably in that space, and sadly (well for me at least) it seems only a female would fit.

wolffsrain
2009-01-16, 10:31
Can't wait for tonight! Watching the 14-hour marathon right now on Sci-Fi :Q....

oldoldman
2009-01-16, 19:58
Get pumped.

Insanecyclone
2009-01-16, 21:23
Just 20mins into the episode and its full of awesome

ZarakiKujata
2009-01-16, 21:27
I came.

Insanecyclone
2009-01-16, 21:36
Oh shit whoa wait oh wow damn what the fuck

wolffsrain
2009-01-16, 22:05
lol what a good episode! I'm going to miss this series when it ends. I love how random and unexpected most of the things in it are, just leaves you with your jaw dropped.

I really don't get why Helen is the 5th Cylon though, she wasn't that big of a character.

admin: added spoiler tags

Palin
2009-01-16, 22:13
Helen as the 5th makes no sense, it's very anti-climatic and has no meaning at all since she's dead. It's gotta be a red herring of some sort; the 5th was supposed to be even specialer, and Helen, well, wasn't.

My guess is that everyone from the new colonies had a life on Earth, and that finding Helen is going to start showing that everyone was on Earth in the past. It'd make sense for Kara as well, she died on Earth and was reborn back towards the colonies somehow.

Sojourn
2009-01-16, 22:45
I don't think Helen is really the 5th. Just because Tye said she was doesn't mean she really is. The show is all about drama and holy shit I thought this was this but it's actually THAT. We'll just have to wait and see for sure. I'm more depressed at D's suicide =((((((((((

wolffsrain
2009-01-16, 23:31
Ooops sorry forgot about the Spoiler Tags.

Aerin
2009-01-17, 01:06
awwww D =/

Tulun
2009-01-17, 02:12
I personally think with what they revealed that Starbuck *has* to be a cylon. I have the feeling the way they are going to go is to make all the remaining humans a type of Cylon... the final 5 may be special in the fact they can remember past lives, while the rest of the 'humans' simply forget for some reason. The replaying scenario may very literal; the same characters, in slightly different circumstances, could be fighting the same war repeatedly every 3000 or so years.
Her character too may be different in this instance to bring an end to the cycle in some fashion.
We may even get to see a bunch of old characters 'reborn' somewhere...

Or, knowing this show, I have no clue and will be surprised :) Either way... crazy episode.

Korietsu
2009-01-17, 02:46
So, it makes sense that Helen is the 5th, however, kara's stuck in a time loop all star-trek esque. I mean, she magically fucking teleported into existence on one of the ships, and dies with the exact same line twice.

ZarakiKujata
2009-01-17, 09:38
Ellen makes sense to me, in the same way making Tigh one of the final 5 made sense; he hates them so much, he killed her for betraying humanity etc etc. Also, she fits stylistically in the empty seat between Lee/Tigh in the Last Supper picture more then the other guesses people made (Gaeta, Zarek, Dualla, Zak Adama etc). I never thought Starbuck was the cylon but obviously there is still more to answer there and to a lesser extent with Dualla. Something about the look on Dualla's face/her eyes before she shot herself made me think there was more to it we will learn later. Anyways, really excited about all of this!

Aerin
2009-01-17, 15:59
I really love how they killed Dualla, haha such an odd thing to say. It reminds me of Ivanova's mom from the Babylon 5 series. How before she killed herself she wanted just one last happy memory to cling onto. And I'm sure that's exactly what it was with D.

Thoronas
2009-01-17, 17:49
Interview with actor playing final cylon (http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-cylon-2009jan17,0,3409207.story)

If you click the link without seeing the most recent episode, you're an idiot.

Looks like she's going to be in most of the new episodes. I'm going to reserve judgement about her being a cylon until after Ive seen at least 4 more episodes.

Ziphor
2009-01-18, 18:04
these last eps are gonna be sooooo epic.

So, did anyone go for anything in that live prop-auction? lol

ZarakiKujata
2009-01-18, 19:08
these last eps are gonna be sooooo epic.

So, did anyone go for anything in that live prop-auction? lol

shit was sooo expensive, the raptor they used for filming inside galactica was estimated at 60-80k

Deftscythe
2009-01-21, 03:43
Jesus I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought of that Aerin. (Didn't know a lot of people actually watched B5; ST:TNG, B5, and SQ were probably the cornerstone of my middle/high school TV watching experiences.)

I thought it'd be awesome to have the 5th be Zak or Romo; I'm not surprised about Ellen, but I AM curious to see how it plays out.

One thing that totally is getting my goat... i don't have the series so i can't rewatch these, but when she's fraking Cavil and I swear I hear her talking to him like an old friend, does this mean she was just this witchy on Earth That Was too? There's also some kind of huge development in my head about that and how Saul was tortured by his own people, which theoretically makes him some kind of hero as well.

There's a LOT there and I really need to keep watching my dvds as they come in the mail RRGH.

Well Ellen boning Cavil wasn't a one-time thing. They sounded familiar because she had probably been getting on his cyber-junk for weeks to secure Saul's release. Also she's kinda slutty.

ZarakiKujata
2009-01-21, 05:19
Well Ellen boning Cavil wasn't a one-time thing. They sounded familiar because she had probably been getting on his cyber-junk for weeks to secure Saul's release. Also she's kinda slutty.

But if Cavil knew who she really was, and how history would repeat itself the way Ellen seemingly does it adds a whole new dimension to why he wanted Deanna boxed/started the cylon civil war etc.

Deftscythe
2009-01-22, 02:45
But if Cavil knew who she really was, and how history would repeat itself the way Ellen seemingly does it adds a whole new dimension to why he wanted Deanna boxed/started the cylon civil war etc.

Not sure what you mean. Where did Ellen show that she "knew history would repeat itself?" Not being a dick; honest question.

ZarakiKujata
2009-01-22, 05:14
The Ellen we knew herself hasn't I don't think, but I'm kind of assuming she does based on the fact that end of last season it was brought up by Starbuck/Apollo (i think) and generally acknowledged that someone/thing wants them to find Earth together. That combined w/ Saul's flashback that shows past Ellen saying what she did makes me think she knew all this stuff all along

Palin
2009-01-23, 21:48
After watching the beginning of this episode with the Seven and Saul, it makes me realize we never saw Ellen when she was younger, and that Seven looks a lot like a young Ellen. Since we know Cylon-Cylon reproduction doesn't exist without "love," it makes a lot of sense that Saul and the Seven were able to get pregnant due to the Seven being a younger Ellen?

Atlasion
2009-01-24, 21:20
eww bald roslin and adama

Blarg
2009-01-25, 21:18
I liked the Gaeta v Starbuck 'conversation' early on in the latest episode. Particularly the part where Starbuck says something like 'is that how you get your kicks now, or is that 1/2 kicks?'

Kriz
2009-01-25, 21:26
So, I really am pissed that D'anna isn't going to be in any more episodes.

Like, sure, it's great that the fox analogy is played out on its three paths by characters, but that's such a quick resolution to her, one that people will have to actually try to recall why she isn't around anymore.

Linliel
2009-01-25, 21:28
After watching the beginning of this episode with the Seven and Saul, it makes me realize we never saw Ellen when she was younger, and that Seven looks a lot like a young Ellen.

Don't you mean Six?

Also that episode was pretty bad... wtf @ Cally retconning? The scene in the airlock makes NO SENSE if she knew about the baby.

Deftscythe
2009-01-26, 03:55
Don't you mean Six?

Also that episode was pretty bad... wtf @ Cally retconning? The scene in the airlock makes NO SENSE if she knew about the baby.

While I felt the bit about the baby's father was tacked on, I'm hoping they expand on it later to give it more meaning. That said, the airlock scene still makes perfect sense. Cally hated cylons, she couldn't live with herself after having shared her life with one, nor could she leave her baby in the Chief's care. The solution? Space herself and the baby.

Linliel
2009-01-26, 03:59
While I felt the bit about the baby's father was tacked on, I'm hoping they expand on it later to give it more meaning. That said, the airlock scene still makes perfect sense. Cally hated cylons, she couldn't live with herself after having shared her life with one, nor could she leave her baby in the Chief's care. The solution? Space herself and the baby.

Wasn't she just going to space the baby in the first place though? I mean, and not herself as well? It's been too long, I should go back and watch that ep... if not though, good point! I hadn't thought of it like that. :)

I too hope they expand on it.

Did anyone else find that scene with Six and Tigh to be super creepy though? In an "I for one welcome our new alien overlords" type way?

saracrow
2009-01-27, 00:51
So.. Anyone pick up on Adama being sick? Perhaps they haven't escaped the prophecy at all. Roslin is a red herring, and the true dying leader to bring them to Earth (not the nuked cylon planet) will be Adama?

Having said that.. Who nuked Cylon Earth? A race of Starbuck clones?

Also.. can I have a recap.. I thought Cavell was killed by Xena after the Res ship was destroyed.

Linliel
2009-01-27, 17:22
I found this interesting: Battlestar Galactica: How The BSG Writers' Room Works (http://io9.com/5138993/how-the-bsg-writers-room-works)

Feeling as if the Tyrol subplot on Friday's Battlestar Galactica was a little... retconnish? In the latest commentary podcast, series showrunner and episode writer Ronald Moore comes clean about how the idea came up. Spoilers!

Explaining the out-of-nowhere revelation that Tyrol and Callie's son Nicky wasn't actually Tyrol and Callie's son, Moore admitted:

This whole little subplot about Nicky's real father being discovered was something we, you know, decided in the writers' room... Once we had decided that Tyrol was a cylon, that automatically meant that Nicky was another Cylon hybrid. And we had said, very clearly, on the show... that Hera was the only hybrid between human and Cylon. And I didn't want to change that, Hera's role in the firmament of the show is very firmly established in my mind and I had a specific place where I wanted it to go, and then suddenly we had this additional problem if Tyrol was a Cylon. So we did have some conversations at the end of season 3, when we decided to make Tyrol a Cylon. And the long and the short of it is, somebody said, "Well, what if he's not the father?" and we all kind of laughed, and then we said, "Actually, that makes sense."

So there you have it; Callie's good name, besmirched as the easiest solution to a plot problem. Official.

So I guess it makes sense! Sort of! Still feels super tacked on though.

Deftscythe
2009-01-30, 03:41
I found this interesting: Battlestar Galactica: How The BSG Writers' Room Works (http://io9.com/5138993/how-the-bsg-writers-room-works)

So I guess it makes sense! Sort of! Still feels super tacked on though.

That's pretty disappointing. I really thought the writers planned things out further in advance.

ZarakiKujata
2009-01-30, 06:37
That's pretty disappointing. I really thought the writers planned things out further in advance.

No, they have said they planned out about half the stuff that happened in advance, the rest they sort of wing as time goes by, (they were trying to explain how they differ from Lost's writing team, so I guess Lost's writers have known more or less where they wanted to go from when they set the show ending date, these guys not so much?)

Insanecyclone
2009-01-30, 21:59
HOLY SHIT and HOLY FUCKING SHIT at next week

Palin
2009-01-30, 22:04
I love this show.

Vade
2009-01-31, 00:01
Wow, just wow.

NotGreyheim
2009-01-31, 01:09
Easily the best episode of the series so far

Aerin
2009-01-31, 13:53
That was a fucking awesome episode.

Mirya
2009-01-31, 16:04
Wow. Just wow.

I burn episodes to DVD give to a poor cable-less friend. (Can't watch episodes via SciFi or Hulu up here in Canada.) I'm debating telling him to save himself the heartache and just wait 'til I have next week's DVD for him to watch the episodes back-to-back.

Now for a crazy thought that has been going thru my head:
WTF with Gaeta and his amputated leg? While before it seemed to be furthering the plot (e.g. the phantom pain required Gaeta to carry morpha injections in the webisodes or visiting Doc Cottle last episode to complain about the fit of his prosthesis gave Gaeta more incendiary fuel seeing Cylons receiving medical care too), what does Gaeta stopping in a corridor in the middle of his coup scratching his stump do for the plot? I'm calling Chekhov's gun. There is something more to this, and I have this nagging fear it may be something cheesy like Gaeta is regrowing his leg.

I'm still not convinced that Ellen is the final Cylon. I think either Tigh was projecting her face into his memory like he has done with Six and the final Cylon has yet to be revealed or in actuality every Colonial is a Cylon just like everyone on Earth was. If something funny is going on with Gaeta's leg, it may be because he is Cylon.

Like I said, it is a crazy thought, and I hate myself for having it. LOL

saracrow
2009-01-31, 16:49
btw, if you haven't had a chance to hear the sound tracks from BSG, by all means go to youtube and search Bear McCreary. Really nice instrumental music from the show.

Great episode, especially Tigh and Adama coming around full circle to friends again at the end. Did Starbuck get into the Raptor at the end? I can't remember seeing her if she did. I just hope we get to see Geatea suck vacuum next week.

Aerin
2009-01-31, 17:37
She went with Lee back up the ladder, the way they came.

ZarakiKujata
2009-01-31, 20:16
Wow. Just wow.
WTF with Gaeta and his amputated leg? While before it seemed to be furthering the plot (e.g. the phantom pain required Gaeta to carry morpha injections in the webisodes or visiting Doc Cottle last episode to complain about the fit of his prosthesis gave Gaeta more incendiary fuel seeing Cylons receiving medical care too), what does Gaeta stopping in a corridor in the middle of his coup scratching his stump do for the plot? I'm calling Chekhov's gun. There is something more to this, and I have this nagging fear it may be something cheesy like Gaeta is regrowing his leg.

I'm still not convinced that Ellen is the final Cylon. I think either Tigh was projecting her face into his memory like he has done with Six and the final Cylon has yet to be revealed or in actuality every Colonial is a Cylon just like everyone on Earth was. If something funny is going on with Gaeta's leg, it may be because he is Cylon.

Like I said, it is a crazy thought, and I hate myself for having it. LOL

Pretty sure the leg scratching was just a signal for the other mutineers. Also, SciFi channel/actress who plays Ellen have both confirmed shes the final one. But with Starbuck's crazy death/Dee killing herself I am sort of beginning to suspect that they all might be Cylons.

Korietsu
2009-02-01, 00:16
Flashbang or Frag? Also, fucking heads are going to roll if adama and tigh survive. Also, the paper signed with the special pen? Was that a reference to the death warrant in season 3?

Resin
2009-02-01, 01:31
Pretty sure the trailer for next week's episode showed Adama (at least) surviving and being put in an airlock by the mutineers.

Deftscythe
2009-02-01, 05:05
Pretty sure the trailer for next week's episode showed Adama (at least) surviving and being put in an airlock by the mutineers.

I'm assuming Korietsu meant if they survive the mutiny; surviving a couple more hours waiting to get spaced wouldn't exactly mean much.

I'm hoping, however things turn out, that this will signal a resurgence for Lee. When he resigned from the military to join the quorum I thought we'd see a (pardon the term) maverick figure, a leader; instead he's just been his father's parrot.

Anyways, I agree with the general sentiment. Great episode. Every time we get one this great it makes me wonder why those boring procedural crime shows are so popular.

Mirya
2009-02-01, 07:36
Also, the paper signed with the special pen? Was that a reference to the death warrant in season 3?
I thought it was either that, or he was referring to the pen Gaeta tried to kill him with when Baltar was in the brig prior to his trial.

I need to rewatch that scene in the brig, but I think Baltar egged Gaeta on by mentioning Eight? I never quite could make out what Baltar said the original time I watched that episode, but then the flashback in the webisodes made me wonder about it.

Linliel
2009-02-01, 20:52
Pretty sure the leg scratching was just a signal for the other mutineers. Also, SciFi channel/actress who plays Ellen have both confirmed shes the final one. But with Starbuck's crazy death/Dee killing herself I am sort of beginning to suspect that they all might be Cylons.

I thought maybe he was digging around in there for something, like a knife... but no, puzzled me too!

Resin
2009-02-02, 00:41
Man, I'm anticipating each episode like crazy. After these episodes are done, there's going to be the 2-hour movie and then it'll be over, right? Or are there talks of something more?

Korietsu
2009-02-02, 00:57
Man, I'm anticipating each episode like crazy. After these episodes are done, there's going to be the 2-hour movie and then it'll be over, right? Or are there talks of something more?

Caprica.

Hellfury
2009-02-02, 05:25
Caprica.

Caprica is supposed to be Prequel though, right? How things got to the place they are in Battlestar Galactica?
(At this point, I have to admit that stuff would be a lot more interesting than what is going on in BSG, even though I'm wondering how they're going to get out of their current conondrum)

Linliel
2009-02-03, 07:29
Yeah Caprica is a prequel, should be really interesting!
As for the current situation I can't help but think they need to do some pretty hefty plot turns now though to actually finish in a few eps. It's sort of feeling a bit like a Robert Jordan Wheel of Time novel with all the loose ends!

Deftscythe
2009-02-03, 08:21
The beauty of these final few episodes is that the safety net for popular or important characters is truly removed. Anyone can die, anything can happen. Like that hangar scene with Lee; I actually felt my eyes widen because I thought that might be the end for him.

ZarakiKujata
2009-02-03, 08:55
Yeah Caprica is a prequel, should be really interesting!
As for the current situation I can't help but think they need to do some pretty hefty plot turns now though to actually finish in a few eps. It's sort of feeling a bit like a Robert Jordan Wheel of Time novel with all the loose ends!

I remember hearing there would be 1-2 razor style movies after all is said and done with these 10 episodes so maybe thats what they are counting on to tie all the loose ends together.

millionsknives
2009-02-03, 21:05
The Plan is the last in this series of BSG. Its a 2hr Razor-like movie, hopefully better :P. 'This special episode, based on the episode title, involves characters and events based the series premise stated in the opening credits of the Cylons and their plan for humanity. The episode is set during the events of the Miniseries and Season 2'

Ron Moore said they've taken down the sets now its finished D: so no more BSG, just Caprica now. Idk if l'll be able to adapt to Caprica, there wont be any Jumping! D:

Insanecyclone
2009-02-06, 14:07
Tonight is the night some shit goes down, fuck those trailer spoilers.

Aerin
2009-02-06, 15:33
Going to be another awesome episode for sure.

Insanecyclone
2009-02-06, 21:46
I'M COMING FOR ALL OF YOU

Korietsu
2009-02-06, 21:49
I'M COMING FOR ALL OF YOU

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

WTB EPISODE NOW ON TORRENTS PLOX. AIR QUICKER QQ

Insanecyclone
2009-02-06, 22:01
Wow @ next episode trailer
SUDDENLY ELLEN RETURNS and she knows the "truth" fuck these last episodes are awesome

wolffsrain
2009-02-06, 22:07
WTF did Geatea mean by "It stopped." when he looked down at his leg right at the end of the episode???

Linliel
2009-02-07, 00:58
WTF did Geatea mean by "It stopped." when he looked down at his leg right at the end of the episode???

My guess is that his leg stopped itching, i.e. he was finally doing something right for once rather than fucking it up (or doing something morally right). Every time his leg was itching before it was when he was doing something stupid.

ETA: btw that episode was pretty fucked up in the first bit! But damn, what are they gonna do now!?

saracrow
2009-02-07, 01:03
What was it Tyrol saw at the end? If that was a hole in the ship, why wasn't he sucked out into space? And I guess Stands With Fist (anyone get the reference?) will have to go back to being the president now that the quorum has been dissolved.

Aerin
2009-02-07, 01:04
Holy crap I wasn't expecting him to kill all of the quorum!

Can't wait til next week.

Avinor
2009-02-07, 04:33
What was it Tyrol saw at the end? If that was a hole in the ship, why wasn't he sucked out into space? And I guess Stands With Fist (anyone get the reference?) will have to go back to being the president now that the quorum has been dissolved.

Not certain, but it might be damage to the FTL drive. If Galactica can't keep jumping, it could definitely throw a wrench in their plans - and perhaps force the surviving Colonials to embrace the Cylons since they would have the only functioning warship.

Linliel
2009-02-07, 07:43
Not certain, but it might be damage to the FTL drive. If Galactica can't keep jumping, it could definitely throw a wrench in their plans - and perhaps force the surviving Colonials to embrace the Cylons since they would have the only functioning warship.

Yeah this, I think it was stress fractures in the engine room (wouldn't mean he'd get sucked into space but certainly not good for the ship!). Galactica's starting to literally fall apart, not just figuratively, personell-and-politics-wise :( Next week should be epic!

BTW I think it's cool I can watch the new eps here in Australia before PSTers have seen it, lol. Thanks rapidshare uploaders! ^_^b (If I were to wait for them to come on TV here, it'd probably be 2-3 years and the show would be on late night at a stupid time :/ )

wolffsrain
2009-02-07, 08:36
Stands With Fist (anyone get the reference?)

Lmao. I always think about this name everytime I see BSG as well. Good ol' Dances with Wolves.

0ni0n
2009-02-07, 10:02
This week's episode is probably the best I have seen. Love the plot lines and constant surprises.

Gaeta said at the end, "It (the itch) stopped." Any guess on what it symbolizes?

Palin
2009-02-07, 15:23
I think its his conscious. Gaita was racked with inner turmoil ever since he unknowingly assisted in murdering humans back on New Caprica (see the web episodes). His entire existence since then has been him denying what happened and the role he played, and holding a hatred for the Cylons and Baltar in its stead.

At the end of this episode he finally felt he atoned because he was paying the price for what he did. Thus the "reckoning," he was finally making amends for the role he played on New Caprica instead of running from it.

Deftscythe
2009-02-07, 15:45
Who was the guy who caught the Chief in the armory and later teamed up with Lee? I felt like I should recognize him, but I didn't.

Avinor
2009-02-07, 16:02
Who was the guy who caught the Chief in the armory and later teamed up with Lee? I felt like I should recognize him, but I didn't.

That was Kelly, right? Last seen killing Baltar's attourneys during the trial episodes at the end of season 3.

Sunrider
2009-02-07, 16:21
His leg was always in pain, whether he was fucking something up or not.

The moment the pain in his leg stopped was the moment he finally found peace, which is something he hadn't known since the events on New Caprica.

Aerin
2009-02-08, 00:08
That was Kelly, right? Last seen killing Baltar's attourneys during the trial episodes at the end of season 3.

Correct.

Deftscythe
2009-02-08, 00:11

Man I don't remember that at all. Time to bust out the DVDs I guess.

Aerin
2009-02-08, 00:18
First time I remember him in the series was in Exodus Part 2. He's the one that said "Altitude 99,000 falling like a rock" or something like that.

Ziphor
2009-02-08, 18:28
Damn that was a good episode.

Clyne
2009-02-09, 17:11
Finally got around to watching Tivo late last night. The last 20 mins had me actually sitting up in bed. Though, I kind of wish it had been extended past this episode.

Given that the preview for next week shows Ellen being resurrected, what do you think that means for the "mortality" of the final 5? And therefore, what's going to happen to Anders?

ZarakiKujata
2009-02-13, 22:05
Fucking amazing episode.

Based on the timeline of how things happened that Ellen/Cavil were talking about Daniel would probably be too old to be anybody we would know right?

Nevertheless, the whole Zak Adama theory could work since she said Daniel was an artist and Zak wasn't a good pilot, didn't belong in the cockpit according to Kara... Also, if it is someone we know its interesting that they have killed off every major human (Dee, Zarek, Gaeta) that wasn't in the Last Supper picture, leaving I guess Cottle?

Insanecyclone
2009-02-13, 22:42
Fuck I was busy and missed it :< FFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK

Korietsu
2009-02-14, 00:24
Fucking amazing episode. Absolutely amazing.

Aerin
2009-02-14, 00:37
only halfway through it, but I always wondered why it went model 1->6 and then 8

EDIT:
I think model 7 is either Zak or Gaeta, oh and amazing episode.

Linliel
2009-02-14, 01:16
That episode kicked arse. Serious arse-kicking arse too.

Wow @ the Daniel thing. WTF does that mean for Kara though? Still major WTF-age there.

Palin
2009-02-14, 01:35
I'm betting Zak.

The timeline revelations are really cool. From what I understand, basically 2000 years before the Twelve Tribes of Kobol left their planet, the Thirteenth Tribe of Cyclons (created for the same reason the modern day Humans created theirs I gather) left to find Earth, most likely due to polytheism vs monotheism. They left some markings on different planets to guide others to the path, and apparently there was communication between the 13th and the other tribes on Kobol after.

2000 years later, something big happens on Kobol and the Twelve Tribes leave to settle other planets. At the exact same time, the 13th tribe are going through a nuclear war and the holocaust occurs. The 13th tribe on Earth at this time seem to have lost their resurrection technology in lieu of regular reproduction, but the Final Five were working on recovering it, and apparently had some prototype station up in space ready for them. After they downloaded, they went through hibernation and launched themselves towards the Twelve Colonies (said they didn't have FTL, so explains why it took 2000 years) to meet up with their long-lost sisters. Apparently they reawoke at the Algae planet to pray at the Temple site their ancestors had created long ago on the original trek, and then went back to sleep.

When they reached the Twelve colonies, they saw that Humans had created their own Cylons (the Centurions) and were at war with them. They met up with the Centurions and convinced them to stop the war in exchange for creating Skinjobs. They developed the 8 models, but John (Cavil) didn't like the love and morality that had been programed into them, so he killed the Final 5 and blocked their memories, introducing them as sleepers into the Colonies. Then apparently the Skinjobs lead the Centurions back into war.

Pretty cool, anyone see anything I forgot or holes?

Clyne
2009-02-14, 03:13
Fucking amazing episode.

Based on the timeline of how things happened that Ellen/Cavil were talking about Daniel would probably be too old to be anybody we would know right?

Nevertheless, the whole Zak Adama theory could work since she said Daniel was an artist and Zak wasn't a good pilot, didn't belong in the cockpit according to Kara... Also, if it is someone we know its interesting that they have killed off every major human (Dee, Zarek, Gaeta) that wasn't in the Last Supper picture, leaving I guess Cottle?

I may be reaching, but Gaeta would actually make an interesting scenario. In one of the recent episodes he talked about loving architecture, but eventually giving that up for science. Make of that what you will, but you can make correlations to that 1 statement to things like the temple of the 5, the opera house, as well as Cavil's statement in this episode about figuring out how to change his programming to remove wasteful human activities like sleep (mirrors the idea of giving up the "beauty" of architecture for the potential achievements of science). Regardless, totally makes up for the minor letdown of Ellen being the final cylon.

Blarg
2009-02-14, 04:09
One thing that kinda confused me. It seems like Ellen knew a whole lot shortly after resurrecting. Did she know this all while she was Saul's wife and she was just pretending to be human or did she remember it once she resurrected.

Aerin
2009-02-14, 06:22
She remembered it shortly after being resurrected. You'll notice that when she first wakes up she's scared and horrified at where she is. Then a second or two later she's calm and cool.

I definitely have to rewatch that episode later to make sure I got it all.

JESS
2009-02-14, 07:04
I missed alot of episodes ;(

ZarakiKujata
2009-02-14, 15:15
I may be reaching, but Gaeta would actually make an interesting scenario. In one of the recent episodes he talked about loving architecture, but eventually giving that up for science. Make of that what you will, but you can make correlations to that 1 statement to things like the temple of the 5, the opera house, as well as Cavil's statement in this episode about figuring out how to change his programming to remove wasteful human activities like sleep (mirrors the idea of giving up the "beauty" of architecture for the potential achievements of science). Regardless, totally makes up for the minor letdown of Ellen being the final cylon.

Yeah, Gaeta certainly works cause of that too, but only problem I could see w/ Gaeta being Daniel is that he died while its been impossible to resurrect, so I can't see him coming back, whereas Zak is someone Cavil could've kept sequestered since his original death back in flight school like he did with Ellen maybe?

Do not read if you don't want to know cast spoilers but: Zak Adama is credited in the last 3 episodes on IMDB, so now I definitely think hes the 7.