PDA

View Full Version : Beastman Helm(Not TOA)

Gohon
2007-08-23, 13:18
After about 3 weeks of thread hopping, me and a couple of friends have NO clue how to activate another Beastman helm(Gob,Quad,Orc,Yag) quest after fully completeing a first one. All CS done(That i'm aware of) and Gold Beastcoin obtained. We've all asked around on Unicorn and no one seems to know. If anyone can think of anything you have to do past aquireing the Gold Beastcoin can you please post? Thanks alot.

Tajin
2007-08-23, 13:20
i think you can only have 1 beast helm ever.

also, wait for it...

Gohon
2007-08-23, 13:33
Hrm, I found this, the post by Azdomius about half way down but it doesn't help alot saying "The ???"

http://ffxi.killvoid.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=158907&d=30

Khamsin
2007-08-23, 13:35
i think you can only have 1 beast helm ever.

also, wait for it...

This is advanced discussion?!!!

Gohon
2007-08-23, 13:39
Seeing as how 99% of the population can't answer my question here. Yeah, i'd say it's pretty advanced.

Priran
2007-08-23, 13:48
99% of the population can't answer my questionthat should tell you something

Gohon
2007-08-23, 13:50
Only tells me that you have no clue either.

Thistle
2007-08-23, 13:52
Ooooooooh. Fight! Fight! Fight!

Priran
2007-08-23, 13:55
Only tells me that you have no clue either.
why don't you go ask zam, I'm sure they'll know

better yet, once you're there, why don't you stay there

Gohon
2007-08-23, 13:56
Do you really have nothing better to do with your days than flame poeple that ask serious questions..? Get a life.. seriously.

Priran
2007-08-23, 13:59
Do you really have nothing better to do with your days than flame poeple that ask serious questions..? Get a life.. seriously.
yeah I just hang around here and flame idiots when they post, yeah it's all my fault, your thread doesn't suck, don't let it get you down it's a perfectly cromulent question for advanced discussion

Gohon
2007-08-23, 14:01
K, go find a "Newbie" player that can answer it and we'll move the thread if it makes you happy.

Quizno
2007-08-23, 14:13
I think the point is that:

99% of the people don't know because 99.999999999% of the people don't care.

Other boards have people that might care about this.

Charismatic
2007-08-23, 14:22
I think the point is that:

99% of the people don't know because 99.999999999% of the people don't care.

Other boards have people that might care about this.
I'm not Priran but I can tell you, that's exactly the point.

Gohon
2007-08-23, 14:22
I see it was a mistake to ask a serious question. 9/10 of these threads turn to flame within the first 3-4 replys anyway from stupied ass people like the ones above me with nothing better to do in momma's basement than read these forums and flame to make thier little dick feel just a tad bigger. See you again! and Piss off.

solsovly
2007-08-23, 14:29
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5225&hilit=beastmen+hat (http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5225&hilit=beastmen+hat)

Looks like one guy says his friend has both, but no actual confirmation. Also, cry a bit more.

Shuemue
2007-08-23, 14:29
It's because you have no real post count, avatar or sig.

$10 says if I'd created this thread it'd have received a sensible reception. Some people need to grow up.

Rem
2007-08-23, 14:32
I see it was a mistake to ask a serious question. 9/10 of these threads turn to flame within the first 3-4 replys anyway from stupied ass people like the ones above me with nothing better to do in momma's basement than read these forums and flame to make thier little dick feel just a tad bigger. See you again! and Piss off.

Ouch, that went over well. :shock:

I think it would have been better if you would of posted this in the newbie player advice section. You may have not of got as many flames as you did and someone did give you a link at least. Something about trading a gold beastcoin to the ??? in the zone where you got the helm from I think.

Koga
2007-08-23, 14:46

$10 says if I'd created this thread it'd have received a sensible reception. Some people need to grow up.
:-$ Don't let the secret out!

I have only done the quest once, but I have yet to see anyone have two of them. I would assume that you could only get one.

Charismatic
2007-08-23, 14:57

Nah, I don't think you'd have gotten flamed because your second post wouldn't have come out the way his did.
We (should) all know by now that Priran will flame anyone, anytime.

I don't think there would have been much difference at all had your second post been like his (assuming you posted this thread, which you wouldn't, becuase you know people on BG don't care about this kinda shit)

SephYuyX
2007-08-23, 15:03

Nah, I don't think you'd have gotten flamed because your second post wouldn't have come out the way his did.
We (should) all know by now that Priran will flame anyone, anytime.

I don't think there would have been much difference at all had your second post been like his (assuming you posted this thread, which you wouldn't, becuase you know people on BG don't care about this kinda shit)
What are you talking about? This has great reference to end game-ness. Why I think Big Kills should be revived and obtaining Beastmen Helms should net you big points.

Not Kuno
2007-08-23, 15:13
If you're not going to answer the question shut the fuck up.

rezn0r
2007-08-23, 15:37
you can get more than one, but i don't know the exact steps for it, sorry. someone in my shell had the goblin one on waiting around for the limbus timer the other night, and a few minutes later had the yagudo one on. i didn't think much of it at the time. i probably won't be on the game again till sunday, but if i can find out any details for you that aren't answered here by then, i'll try to remember to.

edit: aaaaaaaaand nevermind, i know next to nothing about these items and just realized they more than likely had the regular ones that can be traded/bazaared. sorry for wasting space :D

Guyverarmor
2007-08-23, 18:15
As far as I know, you can only get one... atleast from my char. got the gobbie hat (fucking awsome) and wanted to quest the yag hat, but wasn't able to flag It.

P.S. yeah, Priran flamming someone? I'm not supprised, title should be changed to Milinary FLAME whore

Priran
2007-08-23, 18:20
title should be changed to Milinary FLAME whore
facepalm.jpg

Guyverarmor
2007-08-23, 18:21
I see what you did there 8)

Not Kuno
2007-08-23, 18:21
What the fuck did I say about that.

Guyverarmor
2007-08-23, 19:11
Sorry Kuno :( don't hit me! m(._.)m

Skittles
2007-08-23, 19:47
I think its time related, like a long amount of time, not much help I know.. sorry... but I got Gadzradd's Helm then maybe 3ish months (lol) later I ended up getting the Choplix Coif quest while flagging ENM in Oldton Movalpolos.

Oh idea, maybe you have to talk to the guild that made your NQ hat to finish finish the quest...? I think I got new quest around the time I switched from bonecraft to leathercraft guilds... dunno gl tho.

Shiz
2007-08-23, 19:51
http://media.pixpond.com/13h9gf7.jpg

Got it a long time ago. I haven't been able to start the other 2 quests though. Really I have no clue how but I do know I started the Yagudo one very soon after finishing Goblin.

Healer
2007-08-23, 22:40
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o243/Dreubond/Care-o-Meter.gif

admin: see you in a day or so

Churchill
2007-08-23, 23:53
Got it a long time ago. I haven't been able to start the other 2 quests though. Really I have no clue how but I do know I started the Yagudo one very soon after finishing Goblin.

Shiznax you are probably the most elite character in the game.

cdgreg
2007-08-24, 01:05
stopped reading after the flame war began but after you finish the first beastman helmet quest I believe you need to wait until the next conquest tally until you can flag another. I did some research after I wanted a yag head to wear around then realized I had flagged gob one at some time in my ffxi career then said ah fuck it. But I read about a few people who finished one, then waited until conquest tally to flag another.

Shiz
2007-08-24, 01:32

You're not too bad yourself.

aurik
2007-08-24, 01:40
I've got the yag hat and when I zoned into qulun dome the other day was given the adamantking quest. It's definitely possible. I don't know what I've done special to allow another one to start, though.

Dreampainter
2007-08-24, 03:56
Hey Shiz, what is that really nice looking bookshelf thing you have behind the taru mannequin in your moghouse? i need to get one of those.

Churchill
2007-08-24, 13:03

You're not too bad yourself.

<3

Seyrr
2007-08-24, 14:09
Hey Shiz, what is that really nice looking bookshelf thing you have behind the taru mannequin in your moghouse? i need to get one of those.

That would be a, wait for it... a Bookshelf (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Bookshelf). They're pretty nice looking, yeah.

cassiraa
2007-08-24, 16:29
Gohon:

If Kaomii wants another hat, why don't you do the quest and give it to her?

also agreeing this goes to Newbie section.

Elvren
2007-08-24, 17:45

sweet... i've been meaning to try and work on getting the other hats for a long time now. i got choplix's coif when these hats first came out and always wanted the others but never got around to it. would be kinda nice to collect them all :oops:

Sylvrdragon
2007-08-24, 20:05

I think you have some messages.

SeraphusRagnarok
2007-08-25, 22:02
Probably far fetched but do you think the new helmets require a synthesized item composed from parts from those TOAU Beastment HNM (i.e Gurfurlur's Helmet)? These items don't have any current use so far, do they?

Tankjr
2007-08-25, 22:36
Probably far fetched but do you think the new helmets require a synthesized item composed from parts from those TOAU Beastment HNM (i.e Gurfurlur's Helmet)? These items don't have any current use so far, do they?

Desynthesis

Vistani
2007-08-25, 22:42

I think you have some messages.
Why do you have a Tomahawk?

SeraphusRagnarok
2007-08-25, 23:22
Maybe he's leveling BST?

Desynthesis

Wiki doesn't have anything on that, what can those items be desynthed into?

Tankjr
2007-08-25, 23:49
Maybe he's leveling BST?

Desynthesis

Wiki doesn't have anything on that, what can those items be desynthed into?

Wiki actually has desynth results listed for the exact piece you mentioned.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Gurfurlur%27s_Helmet

Goldsmithing (?)

Yield: Scintillant Ingot x 1
Lightning Crystal
1 x Gurfurlur's Helmet

SeraphusRagnarok
2007-08-26, 08:50
D'oh. ><

Yoshimiko
2007-08-26, 18:55
Maybe you have to start the quest before the next Conquest? I don't think you're suppose to be able to get 2 of them, and the only guy here who could get a second hat said he did it right afterwards.

That would kinda suck though.. I want the yagudo hat. ; ; Anyone wanna test that idea though?

Max™
2007-08-27, 03:13
I did the Yagudo quest a long time ago, have the hat made, but haven't had it turned into Tsoo Haja's one.

Recently I was just wandering around Movalpolos and stumbled into the Goblin one and apparently I flagged that quest, I think the Goblin coif and the other three are seperate, so if you had Orc and want Yagudo your only hope is to trade/buy one, but apparently you can flag Goblin and the other three.

Rocl
2007-08-27, 03:43
I did the Yagudo quest a long time ago, have the hat made, but haven't had it turned into Tsoo Haja's one.

Recently I was just wandering around Movalpolos and stumbled into the Goblin one and apparently I flagged that quest, I think the Goblin coif and the other three are seperate, so if you had Orc and want Yagudo your only hope is to trade/buy one, but apparently you can flag Goblin and the other three.
I have the Goblin coif as well (Not Choplix) and I can't flag the other three quests. Perhaps you must flag the other quests before you get the key item?

Swatt
2007-08-27, 04:01
noob question. i don't play anymore but i've always wondered. wtf does the summon on the hat do? summon a npc that fights for you?

Jkun
2007-08-27, 04:21
It summons the name of the Beastmen on the Helm, however you have to be engaged, and all they do is one sort of JA, then leave. For example the Orc will get summoned, do warcry, then leave, the Yagudo does legsweep then leaves. They don't actually melee beside you. It's pretty useless.

I think the reason you can't do the other quests is due to the helm quests being in two parts, and you must complete both then wait until the next JP day or conquest tally before doing another;

Part 1: Crafting the helm.

Part 2: Wearing it and sneaking into wherever you were told you, spawning and killing a few NMs (the Yagudo one is ridiculous lol) then trading the hat to the ??? for the upgraded version. Once you have the upgraded one, you wait and can start Part 1 for the others and so forth. However what Max said is true, the Goblin one is seperate.

Hope this helps. Bird Heads forever~!

Max™
2007-08-27, 04:33
So if you can't start the others after getting the Goblin hat first, but I've flagged the Goblin hat after getting my Yagudo hat synthed, maybe it's just specific to that order?

Starr
2007-08-27, 06:01
18 people with Yagudo hat doing Legsweep is how to kill AV.

Swatt
2007-08-27, 06:18
18 people with Yagudo hat doing Legsweep is how to kill AV.

did the orc merit wa

nmind

Shiz
2007-08-27, 16:21
So if you can't start the others after getting the Goblin hat first, but I've flagged the Goblin hat after getting my Yagudo hat synthed, maybe it's just specific to that order?

I got the Goblin one before the Yagudo one. And yes I was lvling BST!