PDA

View Full Version : White Knight Chronicles 2

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Zilong
2011-06-12, 17:10
so, is it dual audio for the EU version by any chance?

Elcura
2011-06-12, 17:38
Nope. Just English voices.

Zilong
2011-06-13, 01:51
wonderful, i take it they took out the theme song for wkc2 like they did the first game too?

i can only hope the story is at least half as retarded as the first one, but i suppose most of my time spent gonna be online anyway if i ever get it.

Tobi
2011-06-13, 02:30
I pretty much just play WKC for the online, and will be the same for WKC2. Just a few months away till its time to grind again! Still would've been nice to have a couple more new quests at launch... hopefully we get updates like JP do

@Elcura: Some other good support bow skills to pick up are the all the songs of course, paralyze tip has its uses, the accuracy debuff shots are a MUST, Conceal is also a must as it boosts your EVA, which you'll need for Bow tanking later on, since Bow is pretty much the new tank now. You'll mostly be using MP recover song and acc debuff shot majority of time for support though. You might not be using inspire much, Axe is suppose to be giving their AoE atk boost. Oh yeah, and don't forget the favors, though they're obtained from resident quests.

Elcura
2011-06-13, 06:09
wonderful, i take it they took out the theme song for wkc2 like they did the first game too?

i can only hope the story is at least half as retarded as the first one, but i suppose most of my time spent gonna be online anyway if i ever get it.

It sounds like the same English opening, but I never paid that much attention to the opening (having seen it a grand total of 2 times now).

@Elcura: Some other good support bow skills to pick up are the all the songs of course, paralyze tip has its uses, the accuracy debuff shots are a MUST, Conceal is also a must as it boosts your EVA, which you'll need for Bow tanking later on, since Bow is pretty much the new tank now. You'll mostly be using MP recover song and acc debuff shot majority of time for support though. You might not be using inspire much, Axe is suppose to be giving their AoE atk boost. Oh yeah, and don't forget the favors, though they're obtained from resident quests.

Cool, I already have smoke shot, now I just need elemental tips for combos (I suppose... combos kinda suck this time around with all that AC cost).

I suppose the main tank/set up is bow/axe/divine? Since bow already has a lot of good piercing and blunt options, should I take a couple of good slashing skills from axe? Assuming you can cross class skills, which I don't remember from WKC1.

Kiarax
2011-06-13, 06:27
So are the console WKC(s) vastly better than the PSP one for those of you that have played it? Never played 1 but was considering grabbing 2 at some point, but after playing the PSP version it is just... ugh, very bad.

Rokku
2011-06-13, 07:08
Different publishers I hear.

More or less, game switched hands from SCEA to a third party at the last minute.

So are the console WKC(s) vastly better than the PSP one for those of you that have played it? Never played 1 but was considering grabbing 2 at some point, but after playing the PSP version it is just... ugh, very bad.

My understanding is that the console versions are superior across the board, but I never really got the chance to play the PSP one. Didn't look great to me though, having played the original.

Tobi
2011-06-13, 09:02
Cool, I already have smoke shot, now I just need elemental tips for combos (I suppose... combos kinda suck this time around with all that AC cost).

I suppose the main tank/set up is bow/axe/divine? Since bow already has a lot of good piercing and blunt options, should I take a couple of good slashing skills from axe? Assuming you can cross class skills, which I don't remember from WKC1.

You can still Dual-Spec in this one like you could with WKC, but 2 classes is like max you can do WKC2 now, since it relies more on SP this time around. In WKC, you could have 5 classes if you spent your SP wisely, but in WKC2, you'll mostly only be able to fit 2 max.

Having Bow and Axe in WKC2 is the best Dual-Spec set up to have. Bow has great support, can tank and do damage, and it has tier 4/5 strike and tier 4 thrust, Axe has tier 4 thrust and slash, so you'll be able to cover all mob weakness this way, and you can easily switch between the two as well very quickly. Axe also has highest damage and can also do up to 9999 damage, though doing that high amount is very risky, but even without trigger low hp atk boost, Axe damage is still insane. I'm going Bow myself, then once I do my rebirths I'll Dual-Spec Bow/Mage.

As for combos, yeah, pretty much. I don't know if they serve any use early on though, but later on when you start questing, they'll be next to useless(not sure if this applies for early GR questing either), best to just spam highest damaging skill.

WKC1/2 are better than the PSP version, the PSP version is pretty bad... I really don't know a single person who liked it at all, this coming from most people who love WKC1/2.

Gameplay in WKC2 is a lot faster than it was in WKC, and WKC2 comes with the remastered WKC as well, so you can play WKC1 with WKC2 battle system. The main focus and replayability all comes from the online though, which is a big grind too, single player isn't that great to me.

Kazen
2011-06-13, 09:08
Do you know if there is a vendor for axes in whatever the starting city WKC2 has? In WKC1 I was a spear/shield tank so I don't really have any axes made that are really good. I'm not sure if I should start WKC1 up again and make some Axes starting at lvl 35 and up to 50.

Also does armor size/weight still change your attack speed?

Kiarax
2011-06-13, 09:13
WKC1/2 are better than the PSP version, the PSP version is pretty bad... I really don't know a single person who liked it at all, this coming from most people who love WKC1/2.

Gameplay in WKC2 is a lot faster than it was in WKC, and WKC2 comes with the remastered WKC as well, so you can play WKC1 with WKC2 battle system. The main focus and replayability all comes from the online though, which is a big grind too, single player isn't that great to me.

Good to know, I guess I'll think about grabbing 2 at some point when the price drops a bit.

Elcura
2011-06-13, 09:16
I hear pretty much all the equipment in WKC2 is better than 1, so I wouldn't worry about making new axes and stuff cause you'll just replace them later on.

Armour still changes attack speed, but it's a lot harder to get knocked down/staggered with heavy armour than before.

@Tobi

What I meant about dual-spec is mostly about the convenience of using another classes (like axe) skills on your original weapon (bow). I don't think it's possible though I've never given it thought to try. But if I can use the axe attack boost and slashing skills on bow, that'll be awesome. I hate having to go into the menu to switch weapons.

Kazen
2011-06-13, 09:31
Yeah I was asking because a lot of my armor that I have currently is heavy/mid weight because I mostly just did tanking with my spear. It was kinda ironic though because I was also doing the most damage in some groups while tanking which I think is why spear got nerfed.

I also hope they have more fights like the one this music is from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkldBXyLRaY

King of Dragons

Tyrath
2011-06-13, 09:43

Don't listen to the people in here. WKC on the console itself was really bad. To this day I don't see what everyone here loves about this snorefest of this game. Or the grindfest that is the online. At best, WKC was a mediocre game.

That said, I'll probably see if the faster combat makes WKC2 better. But definitely not at the $60 pricetag.

Tobi
2011-06-13, 09:45
Ah, I see. You'll have to switch weapons to Axe to be able to use it. Also, dunno how I forgot this, but forgot to say that the main tanks are actually the Knights, and since everyone gets on, anyone can tank. There are some quests where you'll be holding/tanking things as Bow though, but as far as best tank goes, the Knights are far better.

Also I probably wouldn't bother with the elemental tips, don't think they're as useful as they were in first one, and elemental starts to become useless later on as well.

I love how Heavy Armor is more useful this time around. And its still funny how Spear went from being best class in WKC1, to the worst class in WKC2... There are times where people will leave the quest if a Spear user joins, that's just how bad it is...

Kazen
2011-06-13, 09:49
Yeah switching my main class because I don't want to be useless lol. I'm assuming the game gives you a free respec but I guess it doesn't matter as I'm already lvl 50 so I could respec anyways.

Tobi
2011-06-13, 10:06
Don't listen to the people in here. WKC on the console itself was really bad. To this day I don't see what everyone here loves about this snorefest of this game. Or the grindfest that is the online. At best, WKC was a mediocre game.

That said, I'll probably see if the faster combat makes WKC2 better. But definitely not at the $60 pricetag.

Never said it was great, just that its better than the PSP version is all, which it is. However, WKC2 Battle System is a bit more enjoyable than the slow ass battle system WKC had. The slow battle system in WKC is what made it pretty boring to me and I could really only enjoy it if I played online with friends. But as you said, WKC is basically mediocre. As for the original WKC that was shown back in 2006 or so, dunno if true but I heard the reason why they changed battle system from that to what it is now is because it wouldn't work or play well online. I still would have loved to have that one instead though.

Yeah switching my main class because I don't want to be useless lol. I'm assuming the game gives you a free respec but I guess it doesn't matter as I'm already lvl 50 so I could respec anyways.

You start out WKC2 at lvl35 with 0 rebirths. Te GR7-10/11 Armor all have no GR restriction now on WKC2, it just has certain level to equip now. Some stuff from WKC could be worth making, but if too much of a hassle, I wouldn't go out of my way to make it. Even though I can make most shit, I probably won't... not like I know what's good to bring over for story mode anyway.

Kazen
2011-06-13, 10:14
Yeah WKC is fine just don't let Qalbert wear his dress around you. That thing was fucking gross.

Qalbert
2011-06-13, 10:43
http://images.bluegartr.com/bucket/gallery/62384db16694dde1b395630d3e82f8ea.jpg
:MeGusta:

Insanecyclone
2011-06-15, 20:14
SO UM, SO UM, WKC2 BATTLE SYSTEM, SO UM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ZxoW3bZOA&feature=feedu

BadKarma
2011-06-15, 21:23
GREAT JOB JEREMY

Gokulo
2011-06-16, 01:48
Reminds me of the guy from my classes, he "eeee's" constantly when speaking and it's helluva annoying. One time we had a contest during class, he had a presentation and we estimated how many times he would "eeeee" during it - we would buy some beer for the person with the closest number, lol.

Rokku
2011-06-16, 07:23
http://images.bluegartr.com/bucket/gallery/62384db16694dde1b395630d3e82f8ea.jpg

Oh man, hahaha, I had almost forgotten about this.

Tobi
2011-06-22, 12:03
D3 posted on their WKC2 facebook page that they're now targeting September as a release date a few days ago... lolGamestop now has it listed as Sept 13th as well, hurray for a whole fucking month delay. I decided I'm just probably import this shit soon, not like I really lose out on much from WKC file, even though it has a lot of shit. Getting back to GR15 in WKC2 is a joke, and getting money is also easier as well. Wish EU launch had EXP/Guild Rank points boosters, and they fucking nerfed HW2(obviously) and Demithor 2(unexpected) for GR grinding fast...

Pirian
2011-06-23, 10:32
Oh man, hahaha, I had almost forgotten about this.

Never forget. lol

Zilong
2011-06-23, 14:19
dont they have separate server for EU?

Tobi
2011-06-23, 14:37
Nope. Same Server, just like the 1st one.

Rokku
2011-06-23, 18:34
Oh well, more time to save money for it after the onslaught of recent releases. Not really too concerned about it being pushed back a month.

Tobi
2011-07-05, 23:03
Decided to just import so I'll have time to play the August/September releases, should have my copy next week, hopefully. I'll probably pick up NA WKC2 as well when it releases just to play with all my NA friends from start/GR15 ad just grind to GR26 again. If they decide to release the XP/GP booster tickets after all, then ranking up will be even easier, since they decreased the amount of points needed to rank up now compared to JP version, but it's still a lot either way.

Tobi
2011-07-15, 08:11
After playing for a week and getting better feel for things myself, battle system is indeed much more enjoyable than the first, but it's also pretty spammy as well, which doesn't really bother me. As for the grind, the points needed to rank up now has been cut in half compared to JP rank up chart, but it can still take quite a bit to rank up and its still grindy, but it is easier compared to the first. As for classes, Spear is definitely useless, only useful for very few rare things, that's it... LS can be okish at first, but later on it becomes bad and Spear/LS are also worse class to play in best grind/rank up quest. SS is jack of all trades, decent at a lot of stuff, but excel at nothing, which hurts them a bit, but they're not soso bad, much better than Spear and LS for sure. Axe, Bow, and Mage are indeed the top 3 classes, Axe for DPS and AoE atk buff support, Bow for Support/Tank/DPS, Mage for DPS/Support, though mostly support at later GR. Axe can indeed hit 9999 damage cap, have seen few friends do it now, it's pretty awesome.

While Bow/Axe combination is best way to go, Mage/Bow being secondary, I'd suggest fun class you like/want to play and a more useful class, for those who won't still wanna play class they like and still have useful one on side as well. I'm personally going Mage/Bow spec.

Insanecyclone
2011-07-15, 20:39
I'm probably going to go for a Paladin-like character this time around. If s&s is still any good.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/15/white-knight-chronicles-ii-rides-to-stores-in-september-with-extra-quests-on-disc/

White Knight Chronicles II Rides To Stores In September With Extra Quests On Disc

D3Publisher is getting ready to bring White Knight Chronicles II to North America. The Western version of has as a couple of changes, including a new server for European and North American players. Just like the Japanese version, White Knight Chronicles II includes a revised version of the first game, which implements the combat tweaks from the sequel.

You don’t need to grind through White Knight Chronicles to get to White Knight Chronicles II either. The Japanese release required players to complete White Knight Chronicles: International Edition before they could start the sequel. Skip White Knight Chronicles and you’ll see a montage that summarizes the events in the game.

Another bonus is White Knight Chronicles II includes extra quests released as downloadable content in Japan as on disc content in North America. D3Publisher didn’t say which quests will be available on disc only citing content from January 2011. That’s when Sony released a mission where you defeat a demon at the end of the abyss (pictured below). Level-5 also created a new storyline that stars the avatar character who usually follows Leonard around in the main story, which was released in Japan back in March.

White Knight Chronicles II is slated for release this September.

AoE
2011-07-16, 15:22
I used Bow in the first game and I'm sticking with it...

Assuming I even have time to play because of college. :/

Rokku
2011-07-16, 22:17
Sounds like I'm sticking to Axe.

Kais
2011-07-17, 01:46
you have my bow

Rokku
2011-07-17, 09:10
you have my bow

http://www.lulzlunch.com/media/images/2011/02/04/1296842146015.jpg

Tobi
2011-08-01, 19:10
Been addicted to this lately, currently GR28 atm... Anyway, friend uploaded our group doing hardest fight on game atm, which can only be done at GR26, which can take quite a while to get, so for those who want to see the fight/or never plan to get to GR26, here's the vid... Kinda Spoilerish a bit if you read the dialogue, so can just skip to fight if you want, stats around 4:00. I was Mage for this for support/favor spam, my avatar name is Momoko.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UlRe7Vbw9M

Elcura
2011-08-01, 19:39
I need to start getting back into this again. Been busy with work so not much time to play...

Marcicus
2011-08-03, 11:05
^, and with school starting up and me needing to find an internship, idk if I'll get a chance to play. ;<

Tobi
2011-08-12, 18:41
Well, its official now, new date is 9/13, assuming the shit doesn't get delayed again later on...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/12/meet-the-new-characters-of-white-knight-chronicles-ii/

Also, for those curious to see just how high Axe can hit now, friend recorded video of me and him duoing a quest, and he hit 9999 twice. First 9999 is around 1:20 mark, and 2nd is around 4:40 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw8JvondXEs

Rokku
2011-08-12, 20:54
Very cool, still looking forward to this, even though idk how I'm gonna balance it against Disgaea 4.

Insanecyclone
2011-08-31, 11:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM758MDuLY4&feature=feedu

Tobi
2011-09-05, 21:06
Pre order bonus stuff released on EU version recently from what I've been told and stats are pure shit, so don't bother pre ordering for the bonus if that what anyone planned on doing it for. I won't have any net for awhile so won't be playing til I get it back. Also, releases next week.

Marcicus
2011-09-06, 12:49
Gonna pick this up next week. Who's all in?

Rokku
2011-09-06, 16:18
You know I am man, gotta hit that shit up online again. It'll be just like old times, only with a smaller group of people, apparently!

Elcura
2011-09-06, 16:57
I'm down for stuff, though I haven't actually played much at all since there's no one to play with lol.

Pirian
2011-09-06, 17:13
I really want to! I may sneak out and get this, but I don't want to get sucked in as I know I will. I'm too competitive to let you guys get too far ahead of me, and would probably just quit if that happened :(

Tobi
2011-09-06, 18:35
I'd start over again on NA version with you guys, but I won't be able to get back online till around Nov/Dec. If you guys still playing around then, I'll join/help out on my EU account. Also, you guys gonna love the higher difficulty this time, both offline and online. Hope 9th DLC quest is out by time I get back.

Rokku
2011-09-07, 15:07
I really want to! I may sneak out and get this, but I don't want to get sucked in as I know I will. I'm too competitive to let you guys get too far ahead of me, and would probably just quit if that happened :(

Man, as I recall it, Qal and I tried to slow down a bit and you just kept plowing ahead of us!

Pirian
2011-09-07, 19:30
Man, as I recall it, Qal and I tried to slow down a bit and you just kept plowing ahead of us!

Haha, yeah...that sounds about right

Kazen
2011-09-07, 22:02
Yeah you guys all passed me, but I was so busy farming to make my "concentration camp" as everyone here called it.

Rokku
2011-09-07, 23:12
I hope the towns carry over and all that, I was quite fond of my sprawling desert town.

Elcura
2011-09-08, 04:31
You can carry over towns, though I found it a pain to do for some reason and just made a new one.

AoE
2011-09-08, 09:12
Me trying to keep up with you guys is why I burnt out so damn quickly.

Didn't help that I was playing PSU before and that I had school during the week (meaning I was away from my PS3).

Rokku
2011-09-08, 15:08
Personally, I plan to take a much more measured approach to the whole thing this time around. I'll probably be on almost daily or every other day, but don't expect any 12 hour grinding sessions from me any time soon. I actually want to enjoy this one, instead of getting to GR10 and burning out inside of a month.

Marcicus
2011-09-08, 17:28
I was going to log in to WKC1 and try to do some more reincarnations so my Axe build will be good (I'm a LS user now), but then I remembered I sold the game off. D;

oh well I'll do it Monday!

Rokku
2011-09-08, 17:32
I was going to log in to WKC1 and try to do some more reincarnations so my Axe build will be good (I'm a LS user now), but then I remembered I sold the game off. D;

oh well I'll do it Monday!

I think WKC2 resets you back to a certain level and wipes the bonus points from reincarnations anyhow, doesn't it?

Tobi
2011-09-09, 23:40
Yup, it does, so pointless to do that. Also, restarted story mode on fresh char this time, and I did ALL bounties this time. There's 41 total and by doing them all I went GR1-14 with 20k points left to get for GR15, so basically, doing all bounties will get you GR1-15 pretty much. However, the lv55-70 bounties are tough as fuck at lv50ish and they take awhile too... Make sure to do all bounties, some of the low level bounties unlock higher lv bounties later on.

Kaelan?
2011-09-10, 03:58
Is there miss-able stuff I should be watching out for when I start playing the game next week?

Tobi
2011-09-10, 05:06
Nothing missable that you can't go back and get. However, when you get to Red Horn Isle, make sure to get the 2 Knight weapons in the chests there, you should come across them while heading to the 3 stars there, they're not too hard to find, its just pain going back through area to get them. The reason why they're important is:

1. They give nice atk boost
2. They're VERY useful to have, solely for the harder bounties mostly.
3. And best thing of all they have 2 Turn Breaks! Which is extremely useful, always make use of these when transformed... You learn about them near the beginning of the game.

Just try to get these two your first time on Red Horn, trust me, you'll be glad you did!

Tobi
2011-09-12, 05:46
Well, release is tomorrow for you guys, here's few quick things to keep in mind for story:

Most important thing, save often! Always save before every bounty you do as well, if you game over on a bounty or story, you want to reload your last save before it instead of clicking retry since you lose exp this way. Btw, first boss alone can easily game over you if not careful.

If your avatar isn't a mage, make one of your story characters a mage, it'll make your life easier fighting undead mobs. I did story with me as mage, Yulie as Bow, Leotard as Axe, or either me as mage and 2 bow NPCs and only got 2 or 3 game overs.

Make use of defend! If a big mob is using a Charge up attck, defend to cut the damage down by a bit and avoid KO status aliment.

Don't play WKC2 like WKC1 or else you'll be in for a rude awakening.

Elcura
2011-09-12, 06:07
Also, make SURE you do bounties (said once already I know), otherwise when WKC2 comes along you'll be behind on prereqs to get the new skills you need from them. And trust me, doing bounties can range from awful to FUCKING awful. And you'll want to blow your brains out if you do them all in a row.

Rokku
2011-09-12, 08:32
Well, release is tomorrow for you guys, here's few quick things to keep in mind for story:

Most important thing, save often! Always save before every bounty you do as well, if you game over on a bounty or story, you want to reload your last save before it instead of clicking retry since you lose exp this way. Btw, first boss alone can easily game over you if not careful.

If your avatar isn't a mage, make one of your story characters a mage, it'll make your life easier fighting undead mobs. I did story with me as mage, Yulie as Bow, Leotard as Axe, or either me as mage and 2 bow NPCs and only got 2 or 3 game overs.

Make use of defend! If a big mob is using a Charge up attck, defend to cut the damage down by a bit and avoid KO status aliment.

Don't play WKC2 like WKC1 or else you'll be in for a rude awakening.

Well, it's good to know that combat has been changed into a format that's a little more involved than just spam attack until shit dies and have someone set to heal.

Marcicus
2011-09-12, 15:16
going to walmart as soon as i get a chance to tomorrow.

Tobi
2011-09-12, 17:38
While the battle system is bit more spammy now, Healing and support is still far more useful than it was on WKC by a large margin. Quests require more teamwork now, especially the later quests and hard ass DLC quests. I get a huge workout supporting my team as mage for boss fights.

Doombear
2011-09-12, 18:15
Meh, Gamefly is pissing me off. Normally if I have a game ready to ship then I have no problems getting titles on release date. They generally ship out the day before, but no luck. Maybe they ship this out to me tomorrow on it's official date but I am not holding my breath. Too bad.

Pirian
2011-09-12, 23:34
Super busy this week, so it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to have a chance to pick this up :( Also, been having trouble staying connected to PSN, and have spent too much time trying to fix it, already. I get kicked off with the 8002ad23 error, then when I try and reconnect I get the 80710102 error. If I run a test connection or restart my ps3 then it'll let me log back in, but it's so fucking annoying and I just don't want to deal with it. Have already done things like turning off UPNP on my ps3/router, turned off media connection, changed my DSN, restart modem/router, gotten TimeWarner to restart my modem/router and boost signal (also, he did something else when we got to talking and I mentioned I was trying to stay connected to PSN, but I don't remember precisely what he said), so I am fucking out of ideas. WKC1 was like 95% online, so I don't really see much point with me bothering with this game :\

Rescue
2011-09-13, 06:20
Picking up my copy later today, rescue78 if anyone wants to team up. I'll be a mage as usual.

The Blackrose
2011-09-13, 09:01
I'll be picking up my copy tonight. Won't touch it until I get back from fight night, though.

Rokku
2011-09-13, 09:36
Installing now, fuck yeah seaking, PSN in sig for anyone that doesn't have me added already

Marcicus
2011-09-13, 10:23
Soon as I get done with classes and homework I'll be logging in.

shukudai
2011-09-13, 12:27
Picked it up, but! I have school shit almost all fucking day :(

Rokku
2011-09-13, 12:30
I imagine it's probably pretty similar to the first one, in the sense that there isn't much to do online until you've cleared the bulk of the story mode, but I could be wrong.

Doombear
2011-09-13, 12:40
Well looks like GameFly effed me this time. So I doubt I will be playing this for a while. Enjoy all!

Rokku
2011-09-13, 13:16
Well looks like GameFly effed me this time. So I doubt I will be playing this for a while. Enjoy all!

It requires an online pass to get online too, so unless you're buying it from them you'd probably be SOL anyhow. It's printed on the back of the instruction manual and you can't access GeoNet without it/without buying one.

Also, echoing what a lot of people have said but loving the increases to combat speed, game doesn't feel like a fucking chore during every single battle. Great improvements so far. Anyhow, gotta put it down for a bit, have Odin and VW to do, gonna keep chipping away at the story later.

Also, for Tobi/Elcura, do you need to do something that rewards GR to get the bronze trophy for GR2 to proc when importing? I imported the save, got the WKC trophy and etc, but that one still hasn't procced despite sitting at GR9 atm.

Doombear
2011-09-13, 13:32
Damn I don't know how I didn't realize that. I am guessing that that may have something to do with Gamefly dragging their feet on this one. I really enjoyed the first game, but never got half as far as I wish I had. I was looking forward to redoing the whole thing with 2. I will just have to hope that I can find a new copy down the line when I don't have so many other games on my to-buy list.

Really happy to hear about the attack speed upgrade. I got to the point where I just dreaded seeing a mob in the distance that I knew was going to be a drawn out and pretty boring battle. Sounds good.

Rescue
2011-09-13, 16:27
Is anyone else having problems importing a save from WKC1 to use for WKC2? I keep getting “No saved data from a completed game of WKC found” when in fact there is one.

Kaelan?
2011-09-13, 16:44
It's looking for "CLEAR DATA" saves, I think. I'm pretty sure that's why it's not accepting my last save on the second playthrough, despite the fact that it's, well, a second playthrough. Gonna go make a clear save out of it real quick and try again.

Rescue
2011-09-13, 17:02
Wow that's some fucking bullshit....so either I find a copy of the original or i lose all my shit.....fucking great

Qalbert
2011-09-13, 17:05
Yeah, how dare you have to use common sense, or read anything about the feature in the last 16 months. Simply absurd.

Marcicus
2011-09-13, 17:44
holy shit this sped up fighting system is amazing

Rescue
2011-09-13, 17:57
Ah yes because common sense should tell me that I would need a save from right after the last boss, when the game it’s self makes you beat it, and play through to the end of it again just so you can access all the online stuff again. The only thing I had heard about it was that it allowed you to import your data from the 1st game, I didn’t read up every little thing about the game.

Marcicus
2011-09-13, 18:15
Alright, so I'm not going to blow all 200 of my points at the beginning. I've used enough to get Heal 2 and that's it. Should I wait till I get an axe and then dump all my points into it, or is there a better weapon? I heard Spear got nerfed a lot.

Jaxzer
2011-09-13, 18:17
My interest has certainly peaked, maybe I'll get extremely lucky with gamefly tomorrow. So tempted to just go buy the damn thing. I assume it has crazy replay value? Never played WKC

Elcura
2011-09-13, 18:20
My interest has certainly peaked, maybe I'll get extremely lucky with gamefly tomorrow. So tempted to just go buy the damn thing. I assume it has crazy replay value? Never played WKC

Not so much replay value so much as keep playing value. You won't be doing the main story much, as the bulk of the game is online doing quests and shit.

Tobi
2011-09-13, 18:26
You can get axe at the beginning of the game I thought from the shop on the ship. As for Divine, you want to learn up to Holy Light, as you need this spell early on, though mostly want on your Mage story character for Undead. If your main avatar isn't a mage, make eldore your mage.

In terms of classes, and how useful they are it goes like this: Bow/Axe - Mage - SS - LS - Spear.

Also the DLC booster tickets are up on PSN store

Marcicus
2011-09-13, 19:14
I got off the airship and started wandering around the Lost Forest or w/e.

Are there any other places to reset your skills? Eldore has like no healing magic on him lol.

Elcura
2011-09-13, 19:19
Should be a training dummy on the ship when you start, you can reset your skill by talking to it.

Marcicus
2011-09-13, 20:51
I'm not on that anymore.

Marcicus
2011-09-13, 23:27
ok wtf i've died twice now fighting the first boss in Faria lol

Rokku
2011-09-13, 23:38
ok wtf i've died twice now fighting the first boss in Faria lol

In regards to that fight, seriously, fuck Miu. Had to redo that fight twice because she walked into attacks at random and got her stupid ass killed. Best advice is to do the command to attack enemies you aren't attacking, and just kind of watch her health and change to stay back if she's low.

Aside from that, spam slash on the legs until it falls, then spam the super blade thing that costs MP, should die pretty easy, stick to slash if your MP gets low. Odds are the rest of your party should kill at least one of the crystals while you're downing the boss, aside from that it's pretty much just hope Miu doesn't walk into something.

Seriously, fuck her in general, her AI is like a magnet for getting itself killed.

Tobi
2011-09-13, 23:41
Yup, that's the first boss which gives people problems. Some tips:

ONLY use slash attacks, slash is its weakness.

If you made yulie your bow user, set her tactics to Heal First, or whoever your healer/support is.

When you see it charging up use your turn break! Once you use up your turn break, you will want to defend the remaining charge up attacks it uses on you. To defend hold R1 + X, this keeps the knight from being knocked off balance and it reduces damage.

Rokku
2011-09-13, 23:52
Yeah, forgot to mention turn break. Shit is awesome on anything that winds up.

Tobi
2011-09-14, 00:05
I really like how they do nice do amount of damage while cancelling a big mob turn/attack on top of that. The 2 turn break weapons are so pro later on. I wish our own Knight got the 2 TB weapons but gotta wait for dlc quests...

Marcicus
2011-09-14, 00:11
Do you have to break the crystals before finishing the boss off? I've gotten this thing to the last % of its health and it feels like it won't drop.

Tobi
2011-09-14, 00:15
Nah. And it probably casted regen on itself, which is a pretty high regen but not too bad.

The Blackrose
2011-09-14, 00:26
Uh, what the hell? I went to register my Geonet License and it ate the key. Had a nice little registration error and now my key is no longer valid.

EDIT: Nevermind, had to leave WKC2 completely and then re-enter so it could read the license data. What a pain.

Marcicus
2011-09-14, 00:47
finally beat that piece of shit boss. jesus christ if i have this to look forward to from here on out, i am gonna get grey hair cause i'm gonna rage too much at dumbbitch npcs.

I'm done for the night; should I bother binding/upgrading any equipment?

Tobi
2011-09-14, 01:18
Nah. Just stick with store armor(medium preferred), and weapons. No need to enhance stuff. Make sure your main party members don't have shit equipment either.

Kaelan?
2011-09-14, 01:58
Man those Wraiths in the sewer early on in the game make me rage so hard. I was going to fight them for a while for XP off the succubi, but Miu keeps getting her ass killed. I wish I could just park her at the save point while I go kill stuff.

Tobi
2011-09-14, 02:13
They not bad as mage, they weak to fire and mage flame lance does decent damage, when it spawns succubus cast aoe fire spell loki curse twice to kill them. Keep stealth magic up and you'll barely get hit. Why I suggest going through there as mage, makes life much easier there. Mage is OP in general though for story mode anyway, why I didn't game over much my first time through.

Really helps to have a permanent healer/support set to heal first throughout the whole game, Bow is best for this. Bow user set to heal first will regen your mp too when low.

Ayn
2011-09-14, 02:27
I'm on the fence about this game: I've heard so many mixed things about it, but it sounds like it -might- be worth it. Can anyone give me an honest assessment of it? I dunno if I'll be able to get online immediately anytime soon (work's picking up hardcore with the semester + trying to finish some other games).

Kaelan?
2011-09-14, 02:32
Yeah, I've been using main(Axe,DD) / Leonard(Sword, Tank) / Yulie(Bow,Healing). Axe and Bow both do seem incredibly good now

I was going to make Eldore my mage. Since I didn't see him on the airship, I just figured he'd join the party later (yeah, I forgot how the party switching in this game worked), so I didn't use the dummy on him. Now I just found out I'm stuck with him and his shitty Longsword skills. The game made it sound like I could use the dummy later on in the story, didn't know it was a one-time thing :/. For now I guess I'm just gonna have to play without any mages.

I'm on the fence about this game: I've heard so many mixed things about it, but it sounds like it -might- be worth it. Can anyone give me an honest assessment of it? I dunno if I'll be able to get online immediately anytime soon (work's picking up hardcore with the semester + trying to finish some other games).

It's great if you want an RPG to eat up massive amounts of your time. It's pretty addictive once you get into it, and there's a ton of stuff to do. The only major problem with it is the game isn't exactly very good about giving you information you need, so you'll probably need to use a reference website (like the WKC2 wiki (http://whiteknightchronicles.neoseeker.com/wiki/White_Knight_Chronicles_II)) for info while playing. I had no idea wtf was going on when I was hitting undead for 0 damage until I looked up how it worked, for example - the game never bothered to explain it to me.

Tobi
2011-09-14, 03:36
If you haven't played the first, WKC + 2 will last you between 40-60 hours from story alone. However, the majority play for the online, which can last you a very long time depending how much you like it and willing to put in the time to grind(game is a big grindfest), but with the new enhanced battle system the game is a lot more enjoyable over the first, IMO.

Story is pretty cliche and not super great, but there still are people who enjoy it. As I said, the majority usually get to play online, which is a grindfest but can still be fun. I, myselef, have put in near 2500 hours on WKC1 and 600+ on WKC2 so far.

In the eye of a lot of people they see this as very mediocre.

As far as Wraiths go, not gonna lie, they're fucking annoying as hell... I still hate these things online, and fucking succubus they spawn love paralyzing the shit out of you.

Rokku
2011-09-14, 11:23
Just hit GR10 and the GR2 trophy still hasn't dinged. Getting a little aggitated

Tobi
2011-09-14, 18:23
Sounds like it might've glitched on you. The quickest thing to probably do at this point is make a new char, skip all scenes, kill the 2 gigas at the start with the knight, go to logic stone near where you are and click on world map, select blastor plain, then do boot camp 1 5 times to get GR2, should only take 30min tops.

Rokku
2011-09-14, 19:53
Sounds like it might've glitched on you. The quickest thing to probably do at this point is make a new char, skip all scenes, kill the 2 gigas at the start with the knight, go to logic stone near where you are and click on world map, select blastor plain, then do boot camp 1 5 times to get GR2, should only take 30min tops.

Yeah, that's probably what I'm gonna end up doing. Just kind of pissed about it.

That and fucking Frass Chasm, one time in that place in the first game was enough. Honestly, that's my biggest complaint so far, this game has been like, 80% backtracking over old areas. And I guess that wouldn't be a huge issue if it was like, 50-50, but after opening up in the Lost Forest, it was like.. Hell yeah, new areas, this shit looks badass. And then, oh, Balandor, okay. Balastor plains, okay.. Greydall.. walk back through Dogma rift and Frass Chasm.. fffffffffffffffff

Also, hi, we have an airship BUT YOU HAVE TO WALK EVERYWHERE NOW

Tobi
2011-09-14, 20:13
Yeah, exactly. That was biggest problem I had with it, was looking forward to exploring more new areas after game starts you out in Lost Forest, which looks so awesome, IMO. There's only 4 new areas this time, which is kinda a letdown.

Frass Chasm I hate with a fucking passion, fucking wind takes 8 years to change, making it take forever to get to where you have to go... What's worse is; they make you go back to that same exact spot for a bounty later!

Kaelan?
2011-09-14, 21:37
I don't mind the old areas as much, I just wish they would fucking tell you (as with map icons or something) what parts of the fucking area are closed off and which aren't. I wasted my time so many times now running to the freaking other side of a zone (usually for a bounty), just to find out that it's closed until the story magically opens it up

CasualPlayer
2011-09-14, 21:51
Can you abandon a multiplayer quest after you've joined on without quitting the game entirely?

Tobi
2011-09-14, 22:55
Go to the logic stone in a quest and click abandon quest or whatever.

I don't mind old areas that much either, since new mobs now, but still would have been nice to have at least 3 more cool looking areas. On top of that, some more new quests as well so people not stuck waiting for dlc quests to unlock... 6 new quests only at launch is pretty bad(not counting 2nd version and every floor of velgander). Since I mainly play for online, this is one big thing that bugs me.

CasualPlayer
2011-09-14, 23:20
Go to the logic stone in a quest and click abandon quest or whatever.

Thanks

Marcicus
2011-09-15, 09:49
probably gonna wait a bit to do errands and bounties, maybe after i get done visiting balandor in the past. but damn there's a lot already lol.

Elcura
2011-09-15, 11:25
My problem with repeated areas was that I foolished played through WKC1 again (MISTAKE) so when the epic backtrack began I was sooooo pissed off lol. Probably isn't so bad if you jump straight into 2 though.

Rokku
2011-09-15, 14:50
There's a chest down where you pick up the lance and where you fight the Netherwyrm, are either of those worth backtracking for? The one in the underbelly means I'd have to do all the levers and shit again, and if it's just another Mana Potion or something I'm afraid I'd throw my controller through the screen at this point.

Elcura
2011-09-15, 15:12
When you go through underbelly you go through a kinda new area, though there are still levers and shit it isn't TOO hard to figure out. The Lance I never really bothered with since I never use Ceasar unless forced too.

Personally, I spent way more time figuring out how to get the fuck out of underground Balandor.

Rokku
2011-09-15, 15:43
I think you misread maybe? I'm beyond done with that area and all that, was more looking to see if either you or Tobi knew what was in the chests in the rooms that cutscenes toss you out of the dungeons in front of. In particular, there's one in the room on Level 3 in the Underbelly where you get the cutscene for obtaining the key item lance, and one in the area where you fight the Netherwyrm in Bunker Lode. Was just trying to figure out if there was anything worth going back for in either of them.

Tobi
2011-09-15, 16:31
I remember them being junk items, but I can double check real quick, shouldn't take too long.

Middle elavator on 3rd floor in bunker right?

Tobi
2011-09-15, 16:56
Just checked, both chests have lump of gold in them, which is crap and not worth going back too.

You go back to those areas for later bounties anyway.

Rokku
2011-09-15, 18:05
Works for me, thanks for the info. Would've had a rage moment if I had hiked back to them for lumps of gold.

For that matter, is there anything in any new chests that isn't junk, outside of rift chests?

Tobi
2011-09-15, 18:38
Only items that's not junk are items you find for the knights and a few useful weapons later. These are hard to miss though, you pretty much come across them as you go. The most important one is the Bow in Red Horn, there's a lance too if you use Caesar Knight, but the Bow is VERY useful for later hunts. Everything else was junk or shit I already had from buying in store.

Chests are pretty useless this time around. Don't worry though, you'll be opening thousands online for UNID at higher GR.

Marcicus
2011-09-15, 21:57
Worth the time to bind artifacts and upgrade Incorruptus stuff or not?

Tobi
2011-09-15, 22:07
For story characters not really but you may have to enhance core unit to equip accs on them that you find, that's about it. However, for your own Knight, you want to work for the best equipment for it.

If you can already bind stuff for them now, then by all means go for it but don't go out of your way to make stuff for them during story.

gaira
2011-09-15, 22:30
didn't play wc1 all the way through, how long in wk2 until i can participate in the online multiplayer?

Tobi
2011-09-15, 22:51
Right at the beginning. However, though, its best to finish story before going online so you have access to all areas, allowing you to do ALL quests and not just the quests in the areas you unlocked in story.

remdynex
2011-09-16, 00:49
Does auto work for all moves or do i have to put them in the command bars?

Tobi
2011-09-16, 01:24
Pretty sure have to set them, otherwise they'll just use first skill in the skill tree for whatever weapon they have set. Its highly advised to set heal first on your story characters, very useful! They'll still use whatever skill you have set on them, just that healing is top priority and they heal before your HP gets too low + they use status remove spells and will use mana and heal potions if you put them in their inventory.

remdynex
2011-09-16, 14:10
Ah ok.

Will do on the heal and items thanks.

Rokku
2011-09-16, 14:13
Yeah, characters on auto are able to do anything you put on their command bar, and nothing else. Also, when keeping items on them they'll always prioritize using abilities over items, which means a caster with Spirit's Hymn on their bar will never use pots, they always use the hymn instead. The only exception is healing when the character has no MP, in which case they'll usually start cracking out the items.

Rokku
2011-09-16, 21:23
lol, double post but just got done doing the second round in the Balandor underground when you're stuck with Scar, Eldore, Avatar and a guest and fffffuck. Got all the way to the last knight battle, managed to die somehow (kept spamming his charge attack, couldn't heal fast enough), hit retry to see where it threw me back to, didn't feel like walking all the way back through, reloaded, aaaand.. realized I hadn't saved since before I went into the book in the castle. Anger, I has it.

Tobi
2011-09-16, 21:41
That part... You don't have to kill SK, just have to stay alive. Best way to do this is to abuse the rock near the start, or just spam any of the arrow attacks with the MM. I kept shooting from a distance with MM and he never hit me or Caesar once, just make sure to distance yourself from him when he starts getting close.

Got my first game over her cause the fucking NPC died in one hit from a crit -_-

Rokku
2011-09-16, 22:09
That part... You don't have to kill SK, just have to stay alive. Best way to do this is to abuse the rock near the start, or just spam any of the arrow attacks with the MM. I kept shooting from a distance with MM and he never hit me or Caesar once, just make sure to distance yourself from him when he starts getting close.

Got my first game over her cause the fucking NPC died in one hit from a crit -_-

Nah, not that one. WK vs. SK. The previous one was easy as shit, just continually walking away from SK, half the time he just stands there and stares at you.

Tobi
2011-09-16, 23:02
Oh, forgot about that one, lol. There were so many battles for that part.

The next area is a bitch and can be highly confusing as well, on top of that, it has the hardest boss, so save often there! Pretty much everyone game overed on this boss, some up to 3-4+ times... Hell, I got 2 from it myself and was gonna rage quit if i game over a 3rd time, 'cause it takes nearly 30min to get back to boss if you game over... Fuck RHI and its boss.

Also, off-topic, but I believe you played the first one, so just letting ya know that Neptunia Mk2 just got officially announced last night and set to release Spring 2012.

Tobi
2011-09-17, 02:10
Important thing I forgot to mention, make sure NOT to complete the Lvl 70 Annihilator bounty where you can farm Netherwyrm+
parts, which are useful later. You can still get bounty trophy since 41 bounties and trophy requires 40.

Kaelan?
2011-09-17, 03:01
Yeah, characters on auto are able to do anything you put on their command bar, and nothing else. Also, when keeping items on them they'll always prioritize using abilities over items, which means a caster with Spirit's Hymn on their bar will never use pots, they always use the hymn instead. The only exception is healing when the character has no MP, in which case they'll usually start cracking out the items.

Yeah, I've noticed a bunch of weird things about the AI. I really wish I had something like FF12 gambits or DA2 tactics in this game, the AI is so retarded sometimes.

It will heal status effects if you have a specific single-status removal spell, but will never attempt to clear anything with Refresh. It will also never use items to cure self from Silence. They will use the staff ability, but if your healer(s) has a bow, you have to cure it yourself. They'll also do stupid things like cast Haste on you when you give them a cue and you're low on HP. Melee attackers cast buffs/heals most of the time instead of doing combos when you cue them after staggering an enemy. Mages only use Spirit Hymn when their MP is extremely low instead of using it throughout the fight to keep their MP high. They never use Conceal when they pull hate, though they do periodically use Dark Shot. I don't think I've ever seen melee use provoke, even on defensive stance.

I've gotten used to just constantly switching characters to make sure things get used at the right time in hard boss fights. I guess I shouldn't expect the AI to be smart, but it's still annoying how bad it is. I can't wait to get to the point where I'm doing everything online so I don't have to worry about this shit :/

Tobi
2011-09-17, 04:02
You'll still be using them for handful of things even when done with story. They're definitely more useful than they were in WKC1. There are also still certain skills and stuff they won't use.

For offline farming or certain things I use Yulie as cure, Haste and mp regen whore, I use Leonard as DD with axe with only useful skills set, but I use different command set depending on what I'm doing... If something weak to slash i set him on go all out so I don't have to cue him to do deathdriver. I have a command set for Yulie DD too. My story characters do a nice amount of damage since I gave them the STR UNID I wasn't using and Breaker rings(15STR/DEX per ring), and later on its quicker to grind points with them over online. I think I can get upwards of 800k an hour with them, at lower GR its around 500-600kish an hour... If you have the DLC Ticket that increases points earned by 20 percent, then amount per hour is even higher. OGiT2 gives 17.5k without ticket, OGiT3 gives 30k without ticket. You wanna be completing these in 90-120secs for most efficient points per hour either online or offline.

Also, I should be back online near end of the month, so I can help anyone with quests if they need and don't mind me being GR30.

Kaelan?
2011-09-17, 05:35
So I'm getting close to the end of the story now and most bounties/errands done. Once I finish them all, which I figure will put me at GR15 (I'm 14 atm), what should I do to get to 19~20? It seems like that's the magic number that let's me start doing all of the good stuff like reincarnations and higher georama upgrades.

Also, what should I be doing for gear at that point? I've been mostly using store bought stuff throughout the story, but I figure those will be outlasting their usefulness once I start getting into the GR grind. Should I be mostly binding stuff like in WKC1 or is there anything better/less time consuming?

Tobi
2011-09-17, 06:12
For GR grinding, everyone does Only Game in Town 2 until GR17 when you can do Only Game in Town 3. You just kill one golem then end the quest. 3 people go to kill it while one person stays behind at the npc to end it.

As far as gear go, I think people use Bai Hu set until lv70 when they can use Georama II set which will last you a long time until you start getting UNIDs. However, you need to be GR18 or 19 until you can get Georama lv8 to bind Georama II set.

The Bai Hu set comes from a lv55 bounty. There's also some lv70 armor from lv70 bounties you could use til Georama II set. Other than that, not really anything good until lv70 from what I remember.

Here's useful guide to use for unlocking Georama II STR set: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974870-white-knight-chronicles-ii/59637454

Rokku
2011-09-17, 17:54
Man, people overrated the bounty fight against the Ark Incorruptus so much. Fight was easy as piss, went in expecting it to be hard and never even came close to dying. Rifts are a bit of a bitch though, shit respawns so fast in those things. And yeah, about at the end of the game myself, sitting pretty on GR15 with a shitton of bounties left to do and maybe 8 errands. Digging through rifts to get Incorruptus gear atm.

Speaking of which, can you use a shield with a hammer, or is the tradeoff the fact that it's a cudgel class weapon so increased crit rate?

Tobi
2011-09-17, 18:44
Can only use shield with Sword. Spear and Hammer count as 2H weapon for knights.

And yeah, that bounty is easy, lol. Too bad I rarely use my knight, have all best weapons and parts too... The Code Knight weapons look so nice too.

Rokku
2011-09-17, 18:52
Yeah, I figured it's use would be situational at best online. Not all too often that you're able to waltz around with 15 AC to really make it worth popping.

Kaelan?
2011-09-17, 19:28
Using the Knight makes the Rift fights faster for me, I just pop it at 7AC on every Island with a big mob. Repops are still a pain in the ass, but this way I can at least kill fast enough to run back to the entrance through one or two islands without dealing with repops when I'm done.

Rokku
2011-09-17, 19:40
Yeah, I spam knights during the rifts, but it's still a pain. My axe actually managed to break during my last romp through one.

Tobi
2011-09-17, 20:08
AC isn't much of a problem online, you'll be sitting at 15 quite a lot, its just I usually let others knight or I don't use at all. Since I play Axe a lot lately, I prefer not too anyway, since I'd rather dish out 5500-9999 CCs with Axe, which takes 2AC, but HIGHLY worth it once you learn how to use it to its full potential. Axe can hit 9999 as early as GR20, maybe 19.

Guess once I get back I'll start using my knight more often if I don't get beat to it.

Rokku
2011-09-17, 21:20
I don't doubt that at all, I can do 1200 Demon Wraths at level 53, so I'm sure Crowd Control is even better. I don't get the people that shit on Demon Wrath either, must suck to not be able to push X fast enough in the allotted time to get to bright red. I can't seem to find the quest for Crowd Control though.

Rokku
2011-09-17, 21:27
Oh wow, nevermind, idk how I missed that. Dude was in the bar in Faria.

Tobi
2011-09-17, 21:53
I missed that too, thought I was fucking losing my mind looking for that NPC 'cause I couldn't find him, lol, then my GF tells me he's in the pub...

Rokku
2011-09-17, 22:00
Putting NPC's with "!"s in spots where they're almost entirely covered by the building's icon (in this case the mug) is just bad practice in general. I'm surprised they did it in as many spots as they did. Peggy in Parma being behind the binding post icon is the first one that comes to mind.

Tobi
2011-09-17, 22:37
I'm so glad I was able to skip errands since not going for plat due to importing, only have to do skill ones for my classes. There's one errand that can take 5min-200ish hours to do, I'd cry if I needed this unless i got really lucky.

Rokku
2011-09-17, 22:46
I'm so glad I was able to skip errands since not going for plat due to importing, only have to do skill ones for my classes. There's one errand that can take 5min-200ish hours to do, I'd cry if I needed this unless i got really lucky.

I assume you're referring to the one for the sword skill, the one that requires the rare drop from Efreets?

Also I wrote off even thinking about the platinum when I realized the binding one was "Bind 800 unique items".

Arelian
2011-09-17, 22:59
Is there any way to reset skill points after the intro area? I beat the boss in Faria and I wanna get rid of SS but I really don't wanna start over from scratch.

Tobi
2011-09-17, 23:10
Yup. Flemron 108, pain the ass item to get. As for binding, its easier to get bind trophy now compared to WKC1. Hardest/Most time consuming trophy is GR30. Also, have to bind around 200 things anyway to max Binding Rank(20). By the time you reach GR30 you should have lots of mats to do the rest of the binds or very close!

@Areliann: Would have to restart pretty much to reset points, you won't be able too again for long time.

Kaelan?
2011-09-18, 00:06
There's a DLC ticket that lets you reset your skills. If you don't want to pay for it, you'll have to wait until after you finish the game.

remdynex
2011-09-18, 01:08
Some one was looking for a training dummy off of the airship.

There is one in Dappochi or w/e's shop.

Tobi
2011-09-18, 01:15
Only works if lv35 or lower AFAIK. So it won't do you any good unless you are replaying WKC1.

Rokku
2011-09-18, 18:06
Yeah Tobi, whenever you're good is fine, and I can't imagine anyone having issues with someone being GR30. Honestly I'd like it if we could set up some sort of day/time combo to run shit, as my free time is stretched pretty thin nowadays and it's just easier for me to get on at particular times, as opposed to trying to monitor a forum/game with bated breath for people to get on.

Tobi
2011-09-18, 18:15
While the majority would love help from a higher GR player, there are still a few who has a problem with it and would rather run with players within their own GR, so was just making sure is all. I've seen people literally rage at higher GR players joining lower rank quests.

Rokku
2011-09-18, 18:17
Grinding is grinding is grinding imo, while I value the idea of doing it the other way for the challenge, I also value my time at a premium, so. It's the same reason I'll be busting out one of the increased GP gain tickets whenever you're back. I just don't have the time I had when I was a kid and playing an SNES.

Kaisha
2011-09-18, 18:18
Sooo......, how is the story in WKC2?

Package is even more tempting than the original due to it being jampacked with all of WKC1's content (which I've yet to play) with some upgrades from WKC2.

Rokku
2011-09-18, 18:20
Honestly, the story isn't terrible, but the backtracking is. If you've never played WKC1 and you're gonna go through the whole thing, the price tag is an amazing value, and you'll probably thoroughly enjoy it. The original was a hard sell, but with all the improvements and both games on one disc, it's worth picking up.

Tobi
2011-09-18, 18:42
I'd go ahead and use it now since pretty easy to find OGiT2/3 groups online. The room search function has been greatly improved now as well, you can now search all available rooms without it putting you in a random room. Most people online hang out at Kokoro town(Yuchee is the PSN, case sensitive). Just simply add his psn on geonet friend list, visit his homepage, add it to your favorites, then can delete him off your list since you'll be able to visit his town at anytime now via favorites menu. Doing either room search or checking rooms in Kokoro town should allow you to find numerous grinding rooms title'd 'OGiT2' or 'OGiT3' or something of the likes. Automatching from world map has become close to non-existent now.

Kaelan?
2011-09-18, 20:30
Sooo......, how is the story in WKC2?

Package is even more tempting than the original due to it being jampacked with all of WKC1's content (which I've yet to play) with some upgrades from WKC2.

The writing is pretty awful. I'd play this game like Star Ocean 4: ignore the story, enjoy the gameplay

Rokku
2011-09-18, 20:49
I'd go ahead and use it now since pretty easy to find OGiT2/3 groups online. The room search function has been greatly improved now as well, you can now search all available rooms without it putting you in a random room. Most people online hang out at Kokoro town(Yuchee is the PSN, case sensitive). Just simply add his psn on geonet friend list, visit his homepage, add it to your favorites, then can delete him off your list since you'll be able to visit his town at anytime now via favorites menu. Doing either room search or checking rooms in Kokoro town should allow you to find numerous grinding rooms title'd 'OGiT2' or 'OGiT3' or something of the likes. Automatching from world map has become close to non-existent now.

Eh, my thing is really less of a "can I do it" and more of a "I hate pugs" mentality picked up in WoW and other online games/online enabled games. I'm not in any huge rush either, I'd rather just take my time and do it with people that I know.

Tobi
2011-09-18, 21:05
Ah, highly understandable, randoms/PUGs can indeed be pretty horrible indeed. I was just talking to my GF now and she was telling me how bad grinding groups so far, so she wants me to hurry and get back online so I can help out grinding w/e I can.

I don't even use Axe for OGiT3 either, I do far more damage as bow due to quicker wheel and animations, on top of that I put rally and warcry on myself(they stack), as Axe first, then swap to Bow and do 3k-5.5k Burst Tips.

Rokku
2011-09-18, 22:43
They actually stack now? That's interesting.

Tobi
2011-09-18, 22:59
Rally Cry and Warcry stack, yeah. And when Warcry wears off, you'll have Rally Cry+ effect till it wears off or you recast it, even though rally is weaker buff, it'll still stack with Warcry, even if you use Rally Cry after using Warcry first. Very nice to know so you can take advantage of both buffs, but there are times where you wanna just stick with Rally cry since doesn't lower your DEF, just depends on the boss.

CasualPlayer
2011-09-19, 11:08
Is there a macro for swapping weapons or your going into your inventory and manually changing them?

Rokku
2011-09-19, 11:20
Is there a macro for swapping weapons or your going into your inventory and manually changing them?

If you go down to the green line of your action bar in combat/with something targeted, you can use the equipment command to switch weapons. There's no macros or anything though, it's all manual changing.

CasualPlayer
2011-09-19, 11:33
Ok so trying to plan ahead. I've done a bit of research and from my understanding after level 80 and all the rebirths there is enough SP to max out 2 classes, get all the stat increases and even have a little SP left over. Is that true?

Also seems that Greatsword should be somewhat comparable to Axe everything else being equal. Is the difference in dps all coming down to the longer animation time of greatswords strongest move or is there something else?

Last question is, after you've done all the grinding and hit GR30 is there anything in particular to do right now or is everyone at that point just waiting for dlc?

Rokku
2011-09-19, 11:42
First point, yes, though you hardly need every stat increase depending on your build. INT is largely useless if you're doing something like a Longsword/Spear build, or basically anything that doesn't involve elemental magic. You can pick up all of them, but it's spreading your points needlessly thin at that point. A lot of it depends on the skills you want to pick up from each tree, some are considered "useless" by people because they're situational, but there's no harm in having them.

Longswords are fairly comparable, the only reason people prefer Axes is because of +Rallying Cry, afaik.

Last one I don't have an exact answer for, but I'd wager it's just waiting for DLC and farming UNID's/binding gear.

Tangent, but am I the only one that did Crowd Control the first time and went "Hey, that's the Steel Cyclone animation from XI"?

Tobi
2011-09-19, 16:05
Too lazy to go into detail, but LS is nowhere in the league of Axe, LS is the 5th worst class, Axe is one of the best. I'll few quick things...

LS tier 4 slash has 6 sec animation, Axe tier 4 slash has 2 sec animation, plus does more damage than LS tier 4 regardless of HP. LS tier 4 thrust isn't so great either, Bow does thrust better, more damage, faster animation, faster wheel speed. LS only has tier 2 strike, later on most things weak to strike, and Axe and Bow does strike best, then SS. Everything LS does is better done by Axe and Bow, Axe and Bow is best dual spec, they complement each other well... Axe for Slash and strike, Bow for Thrust and Strike. LS doesn't really have much to offer to the team. Axe has highest DPS, best DEF and ATK debuff, and only class who can raise aTK of all party members, and on top of that they have a passive that boost their damage anywhere from 10-50%+ depending on their HP. LS just can't keep up, lol.

Odin'sLaw
2011-09-19, 17:49
i enjoyed the 1st one when it came out is this worth getting or is it more of a filler game till something you really want comes out?

Rokku
2011-09-19, 17:58
Huh, wasn't aware that LS's wheel charged that slow or that there was that dramatic of a difference between the t4 animations. My bad. Haven't played much since the original, so the LS going down to shitty is kind of blowing my mind a bit.

Tobi
2011-09-19, 18:10
Yeah, balance is definitely an issue now. Everyone is Ax e, Bow, and Mage now, those classes are really good now and offer a lot to the team, compared to other classes. If my HP is low, I can also hit 5k-6k with deathdriver, WAY more if I get a crit. I can pretty much do 3 Detahdrivers by the time LS can perform a 2nd Deadly Fang.

@Odin: If you enjoyed the first, then why not pick up the 2nd as well, its more fun as well with new battle system. If you don't plan to do any online I'd just wait till price drop.

CasualPlayer
2011-09-19, 18:13
Too lazy to go into detail, but LS is nowhere in the league of Axe, LS is the 5th worst class, Axe is one of the best. I'll few quick things...

LS tier 4 slash has 6 sec animation, Axe tier 4 slash has 2 sec animation, plus does more damage than LS tier 4 regardless of HP. LS tier 4 thrust isn't so great either, Bow does thrust better, more damage, faster animation, faster wheel speed. LS only has tier 2 strike, later on most things weak to strike, and Axe and Bow does strike best, then SS. Everything LS does is better done by Axe and Bow, Axe and Bow is best dual spec, they complement each other well... Axe for Slash and strike, Bow for Thrust and Strike. LS doesn't really have much to offer to the team. Axe has highest DPS, best DEF and ATK debuff, and only class who can raise aTK of all party members, and on top of that they have a passive that boost their damage anywhere from 10-50%+ depending on their HP. LS just can't keep up, lol.

Those are some serious differences, thanks for the input.

To the guy asking about the story, for me having not played the first one I'm enjoying going through it. I've already been surprised once and am eager to find out how the story progresses in the second game. There are definitely some cliche moments, but honestly in our seventh generation of gaming what game isn't full of cliches (especially in the rpg genre).

Rokku
2011-09-19, 23:47
Yeah, balance is definitely an issue now. Everyone is Ax e, Bow, and Mage now, those classes are really good now and offer a lot to the team, compared to other classes. If my HP is low, I can also hit 5k-6k with deathdriver, WAY more if I get a crit. I can pretty much do 3 Detahdrivers by the time LS can perform a 2nd Deadly Fang.

@Odin: If you enjoyed the first, then why not pick up the 2nd as well, its more fun as well with new battle system. If you don't plan to do any online I'd just wait till price drop.

How many mobs do you have to have on you before Crowd Control really starts to shine? I've been playing around with it, but it doesn't seem to be performing much better than just using Shatter even with a good number of mobs on me.

Tobi
2011-09-20, 00:12
Have to build up aggro on the mob itself, which is done by doing nice amount damage before doing it. If someone else has more aggro on the mob yours will do less as well. Just have to pay attention to damage down by yourself and other members, and who the mob focus is on.

I usually do 4-5 nightmares, then start my CC cycle, either puts me at max aggro or close to it, and lower HP + buffs really bring out high numbers, especially at lower rank, and elemental weapons too! You'll get hang of it eventually, just takes a bit to know when and how to use it.

Burningthought
2011-09-20, 00:21
Hai guyz, I just picked up my copy of WKC2 while picking up Gears of War 3. I played the first one some, but didn't really get to do any of the online shit.

Where do I start?

Tobi
2011-09-20, 00:43
Assuming you wanna play online, You wanna finish the story for WKC2 first and do couple of errands and bounties as well. You wanna unlock all areas in story mode so you have access to all quests. Finishing the story mode gives you access to all quests your rank and as you rank up.

If you haven't finished the story in first one, I'd finish it on original disc if you still have. If not, then I'd start over on WKC1 on the WKC2 disc, if you don't care about the story, Then I'd jump straight into WKC2.

Burningthought
2011-09-20, 00:56
Assuming you wanna play online, You wanna finish the story for WKC2 first and do couple of errands and bounties as well. You wanna unlock all areas in story mode so you have access to all quests. Finishing the story mode gives you access to all quests your rank and as you rank up.

If you haven't finished the story in first one, I'd finish it on original disc if you still have. If not, then I'd start over on WKC1 on the WKC2 disc, if you don't care about the story, Then I'd jump straight into WKC2.

I didn't finish the first game because I thought the story was terrible. I do want to play online since that looks awesome, but i'll bite the bullet and play through the first two. I don't have a copy of the first game anymore though.

Tobi
2011-09-20, 01:10
Can always just jump straight to 2 then if don't really like the story, would save you 20ish hours from going through first one, unless just curious to see what happens in the story after where you left out, up to you though, at least gameplay is improved now to make the first more enjoyable.

Burningthought
2011-09-20, 01:40
Can always just jump straight to 2 then if don't really like the story, would save you 20ish hours from going through first one, unless just curious to see what happens in the story after where you left out, up to you though, at least gameplay is improved now to make the first more enjoyable.

I paid $60 for it, I'm fucking playing the whole thing.

Offtopic: Fuck Gamestop. They refused to knock off any bit of money off WKC2 even though it wasn't sealed, there should be some kind of law against that bullshit.

Rokku
2011-09-20, 10:48
Have to build up aggro on the mob itself, which is done by doing nice amount damage before doing it. If someone else has more aggro on the mob yours will do less as well. Just have to pay attention to damage down by yourself and other members, and who the mob focus is on.

I usually do 4-5 nightmares, then start my CC cycle, either puts me at max aggro or close to it, and lower HP + buffs really bring out high numbers, especially at lower rank, and elemental weapons too! You'll get hang of it eventually, just takes a bit to know when and how to use it.

Ah, see, my issue was with it's wording. It reads more like the more mobs you have attacking you, the more damage it does. If individual target hate levels build more damage, it really should be worded differently.

Kurokikaze
2011-09-20, 12:45
So whats the consensus...? This game worth picking up?

Burningthought
2011-09-20, 15:59
So whats the consensus...? This game worth picking up?

If you liked the first one at all, you'll like the second one.

Rokku
2011-09-20, 16:01
Even if you didn't like the first one, could still be said that it's worth picking up. Even if you don't touch the online portion, it's still a solid single player RPG.

Tobi
2011-09-20, 19:39
Farming Flemron 108 is fucking horrible, no wonder it takes people days to get that shit. Luckily I don't need it, unless I play NA version, and if that's the case I'd rather wait for the DLC quest to get it since a lot easier to get.

Rokku
2011-09-20, 19:47
Speaking of quests, my brain is stalling out on this one, but where are the best places to find the right ranks of Megalo Tigris and Stone Guardian to get a Wind Beast Tail and Mossy Face+? I've got everything for every other quest except the Flemron, and I'm just stalled on these two.

Tobi
2011-09-20, 20:02
Regular Tail? Try Grave Matter 2 or Belly of the Beasts 1. If you need Tail+ you need Grave Matter 3 or Belly of the Beasts 2.

Mossy Face+ you can get from Stone Golems in underground balandor, you come across some as you head to where the White Knight was locked up, sometimes they don't spawn though. If those don't drop + version, then have to do Arena 2 and call Stone Golems for Round 2.

Burningthought
2011-09-21, 01:22
Do I have to setup my other party member's actions or will the AI take care of it? I don't want to spend 15 minutes making combos for all my characters if I don't have to.

Tobi
2011-09-21, 02:02
You have to set it up, and don't really need combos either. But have to set your other members skill bar and etc.

Rokku
2011-09-21, 12:40
You know, I'd like to find the guy that made the NPC AI and punch him in the face. Can't get the NPCs to use items when they're almost dead or out of MP, but the one time Eldore ends up getting a High Elixir, he drops it on himself after losing 100 HP. My fault for thinking he wouldn't actually use it I guess, but, really?

Rescue
2011-09-21, 13:04
Any decent items like that I take from the npc right away so they don’t do that shit. Now if I could only get them to use provoke when I’m taking a beating.

Tobi
2011-09-21, 15:35
AI still doesn't use Provoke, you have to manually do it by switching characters.

Rokku
2011-09-21, 17:58
Yeah, NPCs won't use hardly any support skills by themselves. The only exception is Spirit's Hymn to recover MP. Aside from that, I think I've seen Scardigne (yadda yadda no spoilers) use sword's attack down move all of once. AI is a bit improved from the first game, but like Tobi said, anything you need an NPC to do that isn't healing and attacking, you pretty much need to get manual switching down pat for.

Kazen
2011-09-21, 23:20
Just got WKC2 and I'm going to be an axe user this time as I heard spear is awful now. Anything I need to know beforehand? I planned to do Axe/Divine and get w/e useful stats from other trees that I can.

Tobi
2011-09-21, 23:37
Make sure to reset your skills at the training dummy on the airship at the beginning when you first get control of yulie, leotard, and your avatar. Save before spending SP, just incase you spend too much, and also, make sure to save often, difficulty is definitely higher.

Also, highly prefer making Yulie your bow user and Eldore your mage.

Kazen
2011-09-21, 23:47
Alright good to know, I'm starting tomorrow as it's late tonight but I picked the game up today. Currently I have Yulie as healer and elodore (sp) as an axe user with me as spear/shield.

How much of my SP will I be getting back? I had 4 rebirths and I'm lvl 50 in WKC1

Tobi
2011-09-22, 00:10
You get back 200 SP once you reset, which is the amount you're suppose to have at lv35.

Burningthought
2011-09-22, 05:01
Yeah I played around a bit and made some combos for my other DD characters and holy shit does it work a lot better with character switching. I'm pretty sure I went full retard with my skill to character choice. I made Eldore bow, and Yulie my healer. I wanted to spice things up a bit when I got Kara and made her a spear user even though I guess its terribad at the moment.

I did have a rough patch during the first dragon boss fight. I think I just had bad luck the first 5 times I tried the fight, I just kept getting rolled even with the white knight, but on the 6th try I basically perfected it.

I'm having a lot of fun though, a hell of a lot more fun than when I first played before all the improvements. I'm just now heading back to Balandor to find Medius, so I have no idea where I am completion wise. I feel like i'm pretty far in though.

Rokku
2011-09-22, 09:08
It's interesting too, because I think they made each character's AI slightly different. I can set Eldore to Heal First and he still won't do anything when people are dead/dying half the time, whereas Yulie is on that shit like white on rice. To follow on the tail end of Tobi's comment though, I've not had a mage during the entire playthrough, I'm sitting in front of the last boss and have yet to have an issue on any fight outside of realizing that you needed to cast Holy Light on Wraiths to damage them. So your mileage may vary.

The game's difficulty kind of takes a dive downwards after you get the Avatar Knight though, I can't figure the logic on it (outside of the obvious, has to be usable online in harder/higher level content), but it's just dramatically stronger than any of the story knights, and with a full set of armor it has a retarded MP pool. Mine has 100 MP at the moment, transformed, and any time it's low I just manual over to Yulie and do Spirit's Hymn on myself, works like a charm.

Elcura
2011-09-22, 09:24
Staff as AOE MP increase which is godlike for a party of Knights lol.

Rokku
2011-09-22, 11:25
I have to post this here, cross posted from GFAQs for the lulz. Some guy makes a thread bitching about the game and how it's too hard, and he keeps dying to the wyverns in Van Haven Waste. What follows is a long story about running Sprog Cleaning to get to level 61 (easily high enough to clear the game) and how he still can't beat it, fuck the game, gonna return it, etc. Then comes this gem from said poster.

All my chars basically use slash, lunging slash and thrust. I find out which one produces a gold number then edit my npcs to remove all the other attacks. I tried using different moves a few times but they dont seem to be much different to me and I still cant decide which of the weapons to go with so I haven't spent a single skill point:

Avatar: Level 61, 410 points remaining
Eldore: Level 59, 390 points remaining
Scardigne: Level 57, 232 points remaining

Interestingly Scardigne has more basic moves than the others but only once in a blue moon does he do a move that's about 100 points stronger :(

As I said I've gotten to the Balandor past fight against the first boss of WKC1 so I've gotten all of the way through both the WKC1 remake and this far in WKC2 without spending a single point and it didn't even start to get hard until all the fire direspiders showed up, and then I lost all my knights too even the new one I only just got :("

Entire party using one handed swords, no skill points spent, basic attacks. y r this game so hard gaiz

Tobi
2011-09-22, 14:29
Haha, was reading that earlier and was just completely baffled... I was starting to wonder if he was really that serious but it seemed so, lol.

As for making Eldore mage, its just mostly to make underground balandor easier to go through and it makes fighting wraiths a joke too. Also, mage is pretty good for 3rd Insignia fights, OP actually, Stealth Magic + they have high damage and can abuse elemental weakness. Mage isn't needed though, but making Eldore mage helps with underground and boss fights you're forced to use him.

Rokku
2011-09-22, 15:30
Ending stuff

The ending was sooo predictable, and the whole thing after just kind of stinks of the fact that the third game had to be cancelled. It's kind of like, well, we couldn't finish the third game and add this whole story stuff into it, so here it is as extra online content. Honestly, the whole of the story just kind of reeked of tons of ideas/plot points being cut out and completely dropped because of the budget issues with doing all three.

Granted, I kind of figured the story was going to show the scars of the issues that came about after the first game didn't do so hot, but the whole Vellgander, hahaha, online only, short cutscene thing was pretty bleh. Pair that with the ending having no real closure and I can't say I'm thrilled with how it ended. Only surprise was Ledom not just being some crazy guy and being like Eldore.

Burningthought
2011-09-22, 15:31
Oh yeah I want to bind some equipment for my White Knight, but I can't find the ark engine or whatever its called. Is it normal not being able to upgrade equipment for them until later?

Rokku
2011-09-22, 16:34
Oh yeah I want to bind some equipment for my White Knight, but I can't find the ark engine or whatever its called. Is it normal not being able to upgrade equipment for them until later?

Ark Drives come off of Ark Incorruptus in the rifts late in the line of WKC2, and yeah, they're pretty rare. I've killed a ton of them and all I've seen so far is an Ark Drive B2.

Burningthought
2011-09-22, 20:23
So looking at the DLC for WKC2, I realized how easily I could get in trouble. $2.99 for bonus xp, guilder, dahlia, and quest items. Holy shit I could see myself spending $15 just to get a 20% bonus on everything for 30 days.

Not to mention the 99c hairstyles. I love Kara's hairstyle. I don't like the $10 skill reset, but they have to make money somehow.

Oh yeah, I'm also in the Chasm at the moment. I just got rolled by the second set of pygmy greavers because I was being retarded.

Edit: Even if you wanted to buy say.. the XP bonus for $2.99 you have to spend $5 to refill your playstation wallet, so why not spend the other $2 on hairstyles@_@

Damnit, I'm going to spend so much money on this shit.

Tobi
2011-09-22, 21:31
Only ticket that's actually worth it is guilder ticket. The exp ticket isn't really needed, its only if you want to cut down the time for rebirths.

All other tickets are pretty much meh, AFAIK, the result ticket don't affect lowest percent drops, which defeats purpose IMO, all other drops aren't so bad to get now, only Codes are huge pain in the ass to get.

Kazen
2011-09-22, 23:18
Ok I'm confused. WKC2 is telling me no save data from a completed WKC is found yet I've beaten the game twice, lvl 50, and 4 rebirths and it can see this data when I try to load the file. Am I missing something?

My save file says

01 World Map
5/14/2010

Kazen Lv. 50
Guild Rank: 9
Play Time: 203:40

Rokku
2011-09-22, 23:21
You did a new game + and didn't clear the story. Was mentioned earlier in the thread, to carry over you need to have the CLEAR GAME flag on the save.

Kazen
2011-09-22, 23:22
Gdi, I'm in the place where you rebirth on a new game+. I guess I have to rush through the story lol.

I guess that's what i get for not checking ahead. So much for trying WKC2 tonight, instead I get to redo the end of WKC1. Hopefully this doesn't take too long, I forget how much of the story is left and what to do lol.

Wow I'm amazed, somehow people have still been visiting my town while I haven't played in forever.

edit:

Well since I need to do this anyways, is there anything I should do? I currently only have 223429G but I have a TON of stuff I could sell if it doesn't carry over. My item storage is filled with a stockpile of crafting mats and my shop member rank is currently at max (12).

Tobi
2011-09-22, 23:43
You're fine to continue. Nothing for you to bring over to WKC2 from WKC at this point, unless you were GR13.

Burningthought
2011-09-22, 23:51
Only ticket that's actually worth it is guilder ticket. The exp ticket isn't really needed, its only if you want to cut down the time for rebirths.

All other tickets are pretty much meh, AFAIK, the result ticket don't affect lowest percent drops, which defeats purpose IMO, all other drops aren't so bad to get now, only Codes are huge pain in the ass to get.

Oh good to know then, I was about to drop a few bucks on the XP one, but i'm leveling pretty fast as it is.

Kazen
2011-09-22, 23:51
I love how a hit for 0 damage sends me rolling as I'm trying to run past everything

Tobi
2011-09-23, 00:13
Gotta love those hits that knock you down for 1-2 dmg...

ExP ticket is solely for speeding up rebirths. Mage gets best rebirth place at GR22 and can go 60-80 in 90min or less without ticket, non mage classes get best rebirth place at GR24 and takes little under 3 hours to go 60-80 without ticket. Doing rebirths any other place can take 6+ hours, so not worth it.

Kazen
2011-09-23, 01:05
How anti climatic for a new game+ final boss. "We must use the knights!" lolno my spear combos were enough for you.

Burningthought
2011-09-23, 01:13
I'm lost in the Dogma Rift /sigh

Tobi
2011-09-23, 01:19
You'll eventually get hang of the teleporters there after trial and error, its not that bad, just try to remember where each teleporter took you.

Burningthought
2011-09-23, 01:51
Just got rolled by the Black Knight 3rd Form. Gotta love these fucking multiple boss battles in a row.

Edit: God damnit, I left the last save point to run to town to pickup more supplies and I have to run back through the dungeon to get back to where I was, thank god I saved before I did it.

Tobi
2011-09-23, 03:20
Just wait till WKC2, multiple battles in WKC is nothing compared to WKC2!

Burningthought
2011-09-23, 03:30
Just wait till WKC2, multiple battles in WKC is nothing compared to WKC2!

Ugh.. great. Well I just beat WKC1, I have to say that ending sucked, I'd be pissed if I didn't already have the 2nd part of the story available.

That was a sad final boss too, I almost beat him my second try, but for whatever bumfuck reason when he used Zeroout or w/e it was called I never switched to the dragon knight to finish him off. I got a lot smarter the 2nd time around though.

After all that build up I was expecting something more epic. Hopefully WKC2 doesn't let me down. I'm wondering if I should reset my skills on everyone and try a different combination. I left Leonard as Sword so I could tank, but if he could benefit from Axe or Bow I'd rather change him. I'm leaving Yulie as my healer, and I think I like Eldnore on bow. Are there any skills that help out more down the line or should I just stick to elemental, bow and axe?

Edit: I do like how it automatically segways into WKC2, skips the credits and everything. (Not being sarcastic)

Tobi
2011-09-23, 03:41
Long as you have at least one main Bow user in your party you're kinda set. Personally prefer Yulie to be Bow if your main avatar isn't.

And also, AI won't tank on their own since they never use Provoke, you'd have to switch to the sword user just to provoke everytime.

Kaelan?
2011-09-23, 03:48
After a while I just gave up trying to have a tank. If I DD, the tank won't actually tank. If I tank, the DD won't do damage nearly as fast as it should. Ended up just making them both DDs and tanking by doing damage with whoever I happen to be controlling.

If you can't get hate off the bow user, you can always just tank on them with Conceal+Dark Shot

Elcura
2011-09-23, 10:43
Avatar was bow for me and Yulie was Mage, it's a pain in the ass to manage her MP. But switching between battle sets makes it easier (one set for aoe/low tier elem, another set for tier 4/uber magic).

Rokku
2011-09-23, 14:04
Yeah, echoing what Tobi said about boss battles in 2, there's a couple where they throw you back to back to back to back against shit and it's like, one fuck up and you're back to a save point at the beginning of the dungeon before all the fights.

Kazen
2011-09-23, 15:10
Damn now I have a hard choice... axe or bow for my main char. Which is of higher demand for the online aspect?

I'm leaning towards axe as it seems bow is more of a support job dd but I'm not sure.

Tobi
2011-09-23, 15:21
Can do both with 0 rebirths. You get 600SP by lv 80, which is enough to max 3 trees, and get 760 SP with 4 rebirths. But yeah, if plan points out well you can do Axe and Bow in lv50ish range. And both are high tier, so both will be main 2 classes you see online, followed by mage.

Kaelan?
2011-09-23, 15:26
This might help:
http://whiteknightchronicles.neoseeker.com/wiki/Essential_Skill_Guide

Tobi
2011-09-23, 17:58
I found myself playing Axe a lot online lately, but Bow is fun as hell too. I needed a break from mage from playing it so damn much but I enjoy playing mage as well.

I personally went Mage/Bow/Axe, such a godly spec and lots of fun being able to cover all fields no matter what.

Kazen
2011-09-23, 23:20
I've never used Axe before in WKC, can anyone give me a few good AC combos? Even if I cant use them all yet I'll write them down. I know I had the best spear combos set up on WKC1 and I'd prefer to get a good starting point for the most efficient and damaging axe combos if anyone doesn't mind saving me some experimenting time.

Rokku
2011-09-23, 23:26
I wouldn't even bother with combos in WKC2, tbh. Set Shatter, Full Swing, Deathdriver and Nightmare along with the two tiers of piercing attacks and your buffs/debuffs. Dropping a couple buffed and well timed Nightmares/Deathdrivers will do more for less effort (and no AC) than any combo will do. And obviously the aerial attacks for when you need them. But generally speaking, Nightmare rapes face.

Dmitry
2011-09-26, 03:32
Are the longswords any good? I just got around to starting yesterday and decided to try them out instead of sticking with greataxe like I did on the first game. Made Leonard my cure bitch but that didn't work out already at the fight where he has to be the knight.

Rokku
2011-09-26, 08:11
It's a topic of some contention. There's no reason they can't work, they're still decent weapons, but when you compare them to axes they just fall miserably short and don't bring a whole lot to the table. Tobi laid out the reasons that people aren't exactly fond of them a couple pages back, but even with that in mind they're still usable. They just aren't optimal.

Tobi
2011-09-26, 08:15
LS isn't so great now like it was in WKC. Axe in WKC2 is now very damn good and one top tier classes now. The classes that were top tier in WKC are now lower tier.

However, you can still get by with it.

Burningthought
2011-09-26, 17:57
The AI in this game makes me want to throw my controller out the window. I have Yulie raising Leonard instead of curing Miu and Scardigne and I end up having both of them die as soon as I switch to Yulie to cure them.

I want to punch babies. I wish they had gambits, or made it easier/faster to switch characters. I made due though, I'm now on my way to Greede, backtracking is so much fun!

Oh yeah does anyone know any good wikis for WKC information? I can't seem to find any and wikia blows dick.

Rokku
2011-09-26, 18:16
There's the Neoseeker wiki, but even that one is pretty subpar, lot of dead links and items that're missing/lacking in any descriptions. I don't know if the old Georama site from the previous game is still up and running, but they were a pretty good source of info.

Burningthought
2011-09-26, 19:42
There's the Neoseeker wiki, but even that one is pretty subpar, lot of dead links and items that're missing/lacking in any descriptions. I don't know if the old Georama site from the previous game is still up and running, but they were a pretty good source of info.

That blows, I've heard that the brady games strat guide isn't that much better though. I just wanted to plan out what I want to do and figure out how much effort some of the quests/errands require.

Tobi
2011-09-26, 19:54
There's a resident request/errand FAQ on gamefaqs you could use for errands, and I believe neeoseeker wkc wiki has most quests explained on how to do them. If I misunderstood, then sorry, I'm sleepy, lol

Burningthought
2011-09-26, 23:10
I know I bitch a lot about this game, but i'm starting to notice things, like the same battle bgm for 100% of the game it seems like, the same 5-6 monster types with different colors or names, the constant backtracking through old areas. This game really feels like $60 DLC than a brand new game, I finally made it to Greede, through Flanders, and now i'm back in Frass Chasm. I'm pulling my hair out because I want something new, but I keep having to do the same thing i've done for the past 23 hours.

Also fuck the Elite Ice Giant and his big ass defending shield.

Tobi
2011-09-26, 23:35
Lol yeah, shielded mobs are pain in the ass, even though they always miss me as bow, I just hate having to get rid of the shield.

I love WKC2 battle bgm compared to one in first one, I never get tired of hearing new one still. However, I would have liked new boss battle themes...

Dmitry
2011-09-27, 06:33
Is there a way to recustomize my avatar without paying $10 or starting over? Sorry if it's been answered in the thread, trying to not spoil anything for myself.

I just started playing with a friend and somehow every game we end up having identical characters without actually having played together before, so I'd like to remodel and rename mine.

Kaelan?
2011-09-27, 07:40
You can only change your model by paying the $10 or starting over. You can change your skills once you get to rebirths at GR20...but that takes a pretty long time to get to

Tobi
2011-09-28, 20:02
Feels good to finally play again, too bad I'm not looking forward to running Vel 6 forever for the 3 Luthia Codes I need :(

And good lord, there's a shitload of OGiT2/3 rooms, it's crazy... So many people grinding, lol.

Thiefami
2011-09-28, 20:42
no talking on online games is becoming a stupid growing trend >_>, it's really taking away from the potential fun on this game. Half of these douches don't like to strategize after losing, no one waits on buffs, not even mages like to heal. WTFMATE!@

Tobi
2011-09-28, 21:02
That's the joy of randoms, unfortunately. Best to try to find some good players and add them as a friend, so can try to group up with them more often. Only time I have to play with randoms is not many friends on/busy. I'm doing Velgander 6 with some friends and few randoms too, and the randoms are just so bad... And like no one knows how to play their classes or how it works by GR24 is just sad... I try to give advice and stuff, but no one listens, so I just let them be stupid and continue using strike skills on something strike resistant!

As far as mages go, like 90% of mages don't like to do any support at all, and just act as a DPS mage, which fails horribly on non elemental weak bosses.

Rokku
2011-09-28, 21:41
How do people not realize by like.. urgh. My brain. Mob resistances and yellow damage numbers, how does it work

I want to do a bit of grindan' but my schedule is painfully spread thin at the moment. Good to know you're back though Tobi, still wanna do some runs and shit with you when there's time. Just need to figure out when people are on/available and all that shit.

Kaelan?
2011-09-28, 21:46
I'm willing to get some grindin' done whenever people are available, though I'm still only GR16

Rokku
2011-09-28, 21:52
Yeah, I think I'm 15, maybe 16 at the moment. My biggest problem is just needing to know blocks of time to be around/set up to do things. That way I can find wiggle room in my schedule to do shit while balancing it with everything else.

Tobi
2011-09-28, 22:03
I can help with few runs in about 10-15min for an hour before I take a break for a few hours.

Tobi
2011-09-28, 22:36
Double post, but figured I'd post this after most people finished the story. Our group currently has fastest time on the server for completing the hardest quest on the game at the moment(Upper Apex, GR26 quest), so for anyone who wants to check it out, here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBmMBqtmQiI&feature=channel_video_title

Kaelan?
2011-09-28, 22:50
I'm usually free most days after 6:30PM PST, except Fridays