FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Randomest Question Thread

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    This thread is for off-the-cuff questions that don't merit a full topic to answer. "What should I wear for my level 65 pup? What's the best way to learn the Qutrub Blu spell?"
    Previous Thread: http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/53313...on-thread.html

A fresh start! Same idea, new thread.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also, after looking through the last few pages, this appears to be the only unanswered question from the previous thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spagnutty View Post
    Having Healing Magic skill increases the potency of BLU healing spells like Magic Fruit...

Sooo...
    Does having Dark Magic skill increase the potency of MP Drainkiss and Digest?
    (Like from Dark Arts and/or Dark Torque etc)
    If I missed your unanswered question, always welcome to repost it here.

Continuing from the last post on the Random Question thread...

To decrease overload, the master's stats have to be equal or above the puppet's. If you have 60 CHR, and your puppet has 60 CHR, you'll get less burden on a Light Maneuver, but that light maneuver gives +1 (+2 with gloves) CHR, so for the next maneuver you would need 62 CHR to generate less burden.

It's very helpful to macro in enough gear to have your stats over the puppet's. If you change to 75 something/37 PUP you'll notice drastically less overloads because at 75 all your stats will be above the puppet's.

Random question, has anyone tried using the scanner on certain mobs (besides diabolos) to prevent the puppet from casting aspir? Like, say you're fighting, I dunno... Super Dark-based Notorious Monster. Like diabolos, I imagine it will decide aspir isn't worth casting and continue nuking as usual (As long as the scanner doesn't bug it from casting other stuff, anyway) I imagine it could be helpful on certain things to broaden what the puppet can nuke without casting aspir after it gets low on MP. (It already doesn't aspir things that don't have MP, and a lot of monsters are dark-based...)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Having Healing Magic skill increases the potency of BLU healing spells like Magic Fruit...

Sooo...
    Does having Dark Magic skill increase the potency of MP Drainkiss and Digest?
    (Like from Dark Arts and/or Dark Torque etc)
    Never tried on Digest, but testing showed no for mp drainkiss I am pretty sure.

Really this should be the Random Question Thread III or the Randomerer Question Thread or the Randomest Question Thread or something lol

But anyway, re-asking my question from near the end of the last thread. Anyone know off the top of their head the data for the VIT of the Lv0 Huge Hornet in Gusta, Wild Rabbit in Ronf, or Tiny Madragora in Saruta? Preferably the Hornets since I'm Bastokan.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram View Post
    Randomest Question Thread
    Done!

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Do worms only cast when you're outside their melee range? I honestly can't remember and am very confused.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Do worms only cast when you're outside their melee range? I honestly can't remember and am very confused.
    Afaik, yes, though I haven't fought worms higher than the qufim ones, they certainly don't though.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Yeah, I try to stay tight as possible to them because Full-force Blow will knock you far enough to where they'll nuke sometimes.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Thanks, it has been ages since I've fought worms for such a long period of time and close enough to notice such things. They also don't even cast Stoneskin unless you're out of range apparently >_>

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Looking at polearms for sam and I'm guessing I want to stick to 480 delay stuff like Couse from 60 onwards so I can get 6-hit and only sacrifice legs for sTP (shinimusha haidate)? Or does melee dps contribute more damage than it does at 75?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

480 delay polearms will make your pentathrusts a hell of a lot stronger, not to mention if you decide to sync (either for lesser colibri, or the Vahzl ENM) you have access to a higher base damage weapon than you would otherwise at that level. If you do plan on using a polearm on samurai, by all means, switch to the 480 delay class the instant you're able... the Shm. Haidate are an excellent item by the way, especially considering the relative dearth of alternatives.

i'm seeing a lot of conflicting answers and wondered if there's a consensus now. what's the easiest way to solo cheese hoarder? i can be blm or rdm (or several other less useful jobs) but i only have gofasters on blm.

also, is the points/plate figure well defined? i'm curious if i can predict how much of a hit i'll take photographing EP mobs instead of VT to make it less demanding on my attention as well as if i can determine when it's better to snap the aw'evuhi and when it's better to target the preferred mob.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

When's Soboro good outside of /dnc if I have polearm leveled?

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

When you're not fighting Birds and you're too low level to use Hagun/Onimaru.

If you literally always have a stream of mobs coming, and never aren't swinging, Soboro should outdamage Onimaru. The more time you have where Soboro isn't swinging, and your Meditate timer is counting down, the bigger an advantage Onimaru starts to get. That said, if you have a Hagun and PLM leveled, it will never be useful outside /Dnc or /Rng unless you're doing some crazy situational something-or-other like Tachi;Hobaku locking AV.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quick question on DA probability. Let's say I have 10% DA on a 5hit ws. What's the chance I'll get at least 1 DA proc? (how would i calculate that as well not just the number plz, as well as multiple da procs ect)

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Quick question on DA probability. Let's say I have 10% DA on a 5hit ws. What's the chance I'll get at least 1 DA proc? (how would i calculate that as well not just the number plz, as well as multiple da procs ect)
    40.951% Chance.

Edit: Do (.9) to the 5th and subtract that from 1. You have 90% (.9) percent chance of NOT DAing. If each time you multiple that number (.9) by itself, you're finding the chance it will NOT DA for each time you multiply. In this case it's five times you're checking. So (.9) times itself five times (Or [.9]^5) will get you the chances it will NOT DA in fives in a row. The percent chance is will DA once is opposite of the chance it will never DA five times in a row. So, subtract that from 1 to get the answer.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Using binomial maths you can work out the chance of the number of DAs in the WS.

1 DA out of the 5: 32.81%
    2 DA out of the 5: 7.29%
    3 DA out of the 5: 0.81%
    4 DA out of the 5: 0.05%
    5 DA out of the 5: basically zero

Which adds up to 40.96 which is the same chance of DA as Yugl found (within rounding errors)

I clean, I jerk, and I have a decent snatch.
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Need some help recheck my calculations. Recently got SAM75 and trying to work a good 6hit setup. At the moment I have level 4 Store TP (+8 STP). TP phase I use Brutal, Rajas, and Hachiman Kote, which in total puts me at +47 Store TP (including traits).

1.47*11.5 = 16.905 which gets cut to 16.9% tp/hit, correct?

So that...
    100-(16.9*5)=15.5% TP return on WS.

Which means I need to have...

15.5/11.5=1.3478... or at least +35 store TP in my WS setup to maintain a 6hit, correct? (aka traits, 4 merits, rajas, brutal for +39 store tp).

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hushigoshi View Post
    Need some help recheck my calculations. Recently got SAM75 and trying to work a good 6hit setup. At the moment I have level 4 Store TP (+8 STP). TP phase I use Brutal, Rajas, and Hachiman Kote, which in total puts me at +47 Store TP (including traits).

1.47*11.5 = 16.905 which gets cut to 16.9% tp/hit, correct?

So that...
    100-(16.9*5)=15.5% TP return on WS.

Which means I need to have...

15.5/11.5=1.3478... or at least +35 store TP in my WS setup to maintain a 6hit, correct? (aka traits, 4 merits, rajas, brutal for +39 store tp).
    your doing it good!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast