Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Random Question Thread IV: ROCKY WINS

Quote Originally Posted by isladar
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    This thread is for off-the-cuff questions that don't merit a full topic to answer. "What should I wear for my level 65 pup? What's the best way to learn the Qutrub Blu spell?"

Original thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16257
    Thread the Second.

DOUBLE RANDOM.
    RANDOM III

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I really need to get my ass in gear regarding campaign and ranking up. I'm trying to figure out which job and weapon combination would be best to accomplish the fastest exp possible. I'm not looking to do this for merits, mostly just to hit the next rank, wait 5 days, campaign to the next rank, wait 5 days, etc.

My 75 jobs are blm, rdm, rng, and cor with all appropriate sj's such as /nin, /war, /drk, /sam, /drg, /whm, and working on /dnc.

Honorable mentions are I have a kraken club, joytoy, as well as club/marksmanship merits along with necessary gear sets for meleeing.

Please let me know what you think is the best job/weapon combination and what my battle strategy should be. Thanks in advance.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

RDM is your obvious best bet for this. The best way to quickly get points is to deal decent damage and heal yourself for a good amount. So RDM/WAR with a Joytoy might be your best bet.

Overall, I believe that SAM/DNC and PLD/RDM are probably the best combinations of survivability, damage and self-healing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The hachiryu haramaki set is told to give +20 STP when the full set is worn. But like IR gear you can get partial set bonus' for wearing less than the full set.

I once heard it was STP+5 per peice once you have one piece(10 for hands/legs/feet); however otherwiki is stating its +3 per peice(6 for hands/legs/feet). Anyone know which it is?

What would be minimal boost on a Fay Gendawa to make it on par with Ebow? All I found in the corresponding thread was 'best possible beats Ebow' but that doesn't really answer my question, and didn't get an answer there

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    The hachiryu haramaki set is told to give +20 STP when the full set is worn. But like IR gear you can get partial set bonus' for wearing less than the full set.

I once heard it was STP+5 per peice once you have one piece(10 for hands/legs/feet); however otherwiki is stating its +3 per peice(6 for hands/legs/feet). Anyone know which it is?
    0 STP for 1 piece, 5 STP when you have 2 equipped, 10 STP when you have 3 equipped, 20 for full set.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Repost, I need help.

Any tips for pulling Ba'Tho Mercifulheart, in Beaudeux [S], as a solo RDM? The information I've seen just says he's easily killed without giving any specific information. The area he spawns in is a high traffic area, so I figured I'd pull him to the zone line and sleep and zone to lose any aggro. But Ba'Tho never makes it to the zone, he seems to give up somewhere along the way and I can't really stop to check for him because of the 7-8 other Quadav behind me.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Avé View Post
    Repost, I need help.

Any tips for pulling Ba'Tho Mercifulheart, in Beaudeux [S], as a solo RDM? The information I've seen just says he's easily killed without giving any specific information. The area he spawns in is a high traffic area, so I figured I'd pull him to the zone line and sleep and zone to lose any aggro. But Ba'Tho never makes it to the zone, he seems to give up somewhere along the way and I can't really stop to check for him because of the 7-8 other Quadav behind me.
    I have no idea if this will work but try pulling a quadav that is behind him, causing him to link. Maybe his "give up" AI will work a little differently if he is in link mode as opposed to hate-list mode.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I've looked around and haven't found this info..

Is there a minimum level required to enter limbus?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fusionx View Post
    I've looked around and haven't found this info..

Is there a minimum level required to enter limbus?

oh crap nm I misread, thought you said number required to enter, nm

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    RDM is your obvious best bet for this. The best way to quickly get points is to deal decent damage and heal yourself for a good amount. So RDM/WAR with a Joytoy might be your best bet.

Overall, I believe that SAM/DNC and PLD/RDM are probably the best combinations of survivability, damage and self-healing.
    I like PLD/DNC myself, I'm not sure why anyone would do PLD/RDM over that. The benefits of /RDM are generally all in the damage-mitigation area, and you don't want to lower the amount of damage you take. You want to take a lot of damage and cure yourself a lot. /DNC is better for that, between Waltzes and Aspir Samba, and it's nice to be able to get rid of status effects on yourself.

For cdgreg you'll definitely want to be as RDM, I'm not sure what the best subjob is though. /WAR is probably a pretty good choice with Joyeuse. You'll generally want to try to pull a mob off and solo it, because you want to take damage, and it might be difficult to keep hate off of others. Please don't pull it too far away though, keeping it within easy sight of the fortifications is nice. I really hate having to search half the zone at the end of a battle to find the one jackass that pulled a mob off to some obscure corner to solo.

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

OK.

I have Vorpal Blade for Death Blossom and Sapara of Trials for Savage Blade.

If I dual wield both on my RDM, can I break their WS points at the same time?!

;x I'm guessing probably not, but might as well ask!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can only break weapon latent if it's in the mainhand

Quote Originally Posted by Avé View Post
    Repost, I need help.

I don't know if this will help but I found years and years ago pulling Ix'aern MNK that if I tossed on a Bio before running I never had de-aggro issues. Once I started Bio immediately after pop, it never deaggroed on any subsequent solo/duo/small LS group runs pulling to the Ebon Panel room.

Not sure about the distance involved in your NM, but maybe give Bio pull a try?

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

Laaammmeee.

Thanks for the fast response!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...ublelatent.jpg

I guess I might as well SS since it's a once in a lifetime thing~ (Hurray for 75RDM! Hit it today)

Censored appropriate equipment to not induce violent seizures caused by such gimp equipment. >_>

Okaaayyy, the waist is a Life Belt. Happy now?! ; ;

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

NQ called... they want their staves back.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    I like PLD/DNC myself, I'm not sure why anyone would do PLD/RDM over that. The benefits of /RDM are generally all in the damage-mitigation area, and you don't want to lower the amount of damage you take. You want to take a lot of damage and cure yourself a lot. /DNC is better for that, between Waltzes and Aspir Samba, and it's nice to be able to get rid of status effects on yourself.
    There was a short discussion about this last week, too. They both have a lot to offer, and you should be able to cap exp and notes with either, so I think it comes down to personal preference. I'm convinced that PLD/RDM let's you deal more damage (all your TP is converted into Atonement damage), while it's clear that PLD/DNC will let you take more damage and cure yourself more.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

I remember reading somewhere that the amount of exp required from Campaign battles for a rank up caps depending on how long it's been since the last rank up. Are these caps known? If so, how much is required each rank if you're getting a promotion every 5 days? I've heard 5k thrown around, but wanted to double check.

While we're on the subject, how does MNK/DNC fair in the world of Campaign?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by belzedar View Post
    There was a short discussion about this last week, too. They both have a lot to offer, and you should be able to cap exp and notes with either, so I think it comes down to personal preference. I'm convinced that PLD/RDM let's you deal more damage (all your TP is converted into Atonement damage), while it's clear that PLD/DNC will let you take more damage and cure yourself more.
    If you're going to go PLD/RDM and skip the damage mitigation (phalanx and stoneskin), why not try PLD/SCH? Sublimation, stratagems, cheaper cures and those precious -na spells FTW

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast