BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Abyssea - Konschtat Discussion

Now that everything is a little more orderly, I will be adding more (types of) information to the OP, so please be patient.

This thread is only for discussion pertaining to Abyssea - Konschtat.

• For the Abyssea - Tahrongi thread, see here.
    • For the Abyssea - La Theine thread, see here.
    • For the original Abyssea thread, see here.

Abyssea - Konschtat

Since most everything has been discovered, there isn't much need for a text format that can be easily editable and switched around. As such, please refer to Spira's maps.

http://wilddragonchase.com/FFXI/abyskonv11.jpg

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraph Altima
    FFXIV Server
    Mateus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Ley Clionid and Sods Limule drop the Murmuring Globule that spawns Ashtaerth.

Also, if you're collecting any information on chest types and where they can spawn: I don't know if we just had bad luck or if these mobs can -only- spawn specific types of chest, but we had no chests at all from Shadow Lizards and only red chests that changed our light color from Ley Clionid.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I need further testing to prove, but I've been running tests with each of the glowing mobs, I notice that they throw off different auras, Red, White, and Blue, and Bubbly.

and when killing the mobs in Abyssea you gain certain glows depending on how a certain mob is defeated, the glowing mobs give enhanced EXP and Cruor, more then the surrounding mobs, and it leaves me to believe that killing the mob in fashion that you would obtain said Aura will warrent higher Cruor and EXP values.

for example;
    (logger for the win)

[20:15:19]Blacklion defeats the Ephemeral Limule.

Was glowing red, spawned in the entrance area to Konchant Highlands, and it was killed with a standard TP hit, no added effect or anything, and no one got any EXP from the mob, or Cruor.

up ahead we found a mob glowing white, so this time we just melee'd it to death, and as expected;

[20:18:42]Naveyah gains 305 experience points.
    [20:18:42]Naveyah obtained 108 cruor.
    [20:18:42]Naveyah defeats the Ephemeral Limule.
    [20:18:43]Naveyah's body emits a deep pearlescent light!

as always its just speculation and something that has caught my eye, and I will continue to do tests whenever possible, with my LS hungry to do this event, I find myself having a difficult time going out and low manning these glowing mobs and getting any concrete evidence, as when we do this with the LS no one seems to listen to what I've got to say and they just go WS happy and fuck everything up.

Edit -

what I did find tho, is killing mobs that glow red, with a weapon skill yields high experience point values, mobs glowing white, the finishing blow being a standard TP hit, yields high experience, we were unable to find a blue/azure mob to test if it would give higher experience points and when I found a bubbly mob, it was already claimed by another person, but my speculation would lead to believe finish it with a skill chain would yield higher experience points, then it would by killing it with any other form of damage.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

A ??? pop requiring a square of moonglow cloth is at (L-6).

* A square of moonglow cloth can be obtained from Quaitu.
    * Pops Fear Gorta, a Ghost type monster.

We just killed this NM, easy fight. Does Perdition towards last 20% ish.

Dropped key item: Azure abyssite of the reaper
    Enemies in Abyssea will yield cruor in greater quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post

dropped to everyone in the party/alliance?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

yep

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Wow, interesting find. Wonder if there are those in the other zones as well.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

That ahriman NM is pretty crazy, I thought it was glitched at first lol. Seems like no physical BLU spells that are close ranged such as big 3 (sub zero smash works) or any melee DD attacks worked. Only ranged dmg and magical worked against that guy. He summoned a bunch of smaller eyes that raped our pt and when we all died the main NM went to pop spot and the summoned eyes just went off to where the NM was at last when they popped. NM seemed to have low Hp, bliz3 took off like 2% or so, same with my magical blu spells I did on it. Banishga2 did like 200 dmg from a rdm/whm lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

just killed Hexenpilz, got Sunbeam belt off of it. Spoiler: It's a cape.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah I saw that in the dats, what slot does it actually equip to though?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Back.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Was 4 man party fighting Clionid and Limules, at first no agro, fairly low exp/cruor. Shiny ones gave more exp/cruor (However a Limule shiny gave relatively lower exp/cruor then the clionid. Perhaps their exp/cruor rate is based on how many of their mob type you have killed recently?). After awhile they began to agro heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisa View Post
    Ley Clionid and Sods Limule drop the Murmuring Globule that spawns Ashtaerth.

Also, if you're collecting any information on chest types and where they can spawn: I don't know if we just had bad luck or if these mobs can -only- spawn specific types of chest, but we had no chests at all from Shadow Lizards and only red chests that changed our light color from Ley Clionid.
    Drop rate on globule was high ish, between the 4 of us we obtained about 4 pops in our 1hr time.

As for the boxes, I believe the type you get is random. Red gives light, blue gave us cruor (600 cruor, was pretty sweet.) I suggest taking the time to open the blue boxes, it's fairly simple.

Had several of each type of box from clionid/limule camp, and some of each from lizards. Lizards in abyssea count towards the magians trials

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

The more you kill the higher they repop as. So you start kill them as easy prey, 15mins of killing them you will be fighting ITs. We did this as an alliance(14) and I was getting 160+ and 25 cruor each. We were killing the ITs fast.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

You said it dropped to everyone in ally which is cool. I was wondering if it is a temp item and only works for 1 abyssea run or if its permanent and you keep it everytime you enter.

edit: nvm, I seen that amazing atma post with those broken buffs like
    1.Attack:Major defense: Major regen: major
    2.Attack: major, evasion: major, resist paralyse: major.
    3.STR: superior, double attack : minor
    4. Magic attack bonus major, ice spells: major LOL.

these are amazing, I almost wanna find atma on all the mobs now.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Fistule, the untargetable giant slime NM, is located at/near (G-3) and only becomes targetable after it links with the pudding NM Guimauve. Guimauve pops in the (G-3, G-4) area in the middle of all the regular pudding mobs.

Guimauve has extremely high run speed and kept up with 12% movement speed. Kiting methods will probably not work with this NM. Casts slowga and graviga (as spells). Resisted Silence from a 75 RDM with capped enfeeb+24 so maybe could be silenced @80 and more enfeeb gear or mnd gear. Resisted gravity from same RDM but have a good feeling is immune to gravity as a blm/rdm tried with ES and still resisted. Para2 (4/5 merits) stuck while slow2 (1/5 merits) got resisted. BlizzIV was doing 800-900 so like other puddings seems suseptible to magic. Don't have any tank type info as we tried it as a burn party and since kiting is not possible is not advised for this NM.

Fistule aggroed us only when we kited Guimauve over near it and also had fast movement speed. He wiped us pretty fast so dont have much info from personal experience. I know someone else in the forum tried him with a full alliance so ill let them put up any info they have on him.

Edit: Found the post on Fistule that has more info. HERE its post 676. Hope it helps to compile more info.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    The more you kill the higher they repop as. So you start kill them as easy prey, 15mins of killing them you will be fighting ITs. We did this as an alliance(14) and I was getting 160+ and 25 cruor each. We were killing the ITs fast.
    This is partially based on kill speed I think. I was trioing the imps in the corner and we weren't killing more than one per 1-2 mins, and after we'd killed most of the ones nearby they started spawning T to 80 and never got any stronger for the next ~80 minutes. Got around 2k cruor killing imps 80 SAM + 76 SAM + 76 SCH for around 80 mins (left with some time for next time), and that was with me melee pulling and no haste or march obviously. You can probably rack in a nice amount of cruor if that's all you're looking to do and have 1-2 piercing DD + haste healer + BRD. Chest drops helped a lot as well, got 3-4 of 200 and 400 cruor blue chests.

Some info on the imps: They seemed to not aggro at first (I had to engage and swing at them to pull) but after we'd killed some amount they started to aggro me, but I had to get within like 5' of their faces. Also they didn't seem to link at any time, but if they have reduced aggro range their link range might be smaller and I got lucky. There's a safe camp to pull from a little bit southeast from conflux 8 (follow the wall of the south mountain around E to the top corner of J-5), or if you go a bit east to the border of K-4/K-5. If you only have a few people you'll want to avoid Bakka, he's a lotto spawn from the imps and has a ton of hp. If you pop him on one side, just go to the other camp and continue pulling, just be careful cause he can move over to there and then you'll need to run back west.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

From the other thread:

Post 1.

A small bit of mob info.

Keratyrannos is a Wivre-type mob.

Keratyrannos uses Boiling Blood and then immediately uses Crippling Slam. If you stun Crippling Slam it will prevent it from using Crippling Slam, but will immediately use Boiling Blood again, then immediately use Crippling Slam again. It was unclear to me if the Boiling Blood/Crippling Slam combo was HP triggered or TP dependent but it did appear to use the combo quite often. I personally did not observe it using any other TP moves.

Crippling Slam is a full AoE centered on itself with a distance of 20'. Crippling Slam used with the Boiling Blood effects still active did over 1000 damage to mages. You can not avoid Crippling Slam by standing on it's sides, it will use the move no matter it's target's relative positioning.

The paralyze from Crippling Slam has a very high potency.

Crippling Slam appears to be absorbed by 3 shadows.

Speculation: Crippling Slam is greatly effected by the Berserk effect from Boiling Blood. If you have multiple dispelers it appears to be possible to remove both the Haste and Berserk effect from Boiling Blood before Crippling Slam is used. This appeared to decrease the damage of Crippling Slam. I didn't run a parser so I can not confirm this, at this time.

Post 2.

In Abyssea-Konschtat we farmed Razorbacks until we got a Ripped Eft Skin. This was traded to the ??? in the same area which spawned Sarcophilus, a larger Eft. It was no real trouble for our group of about 12. It used normal Eft moves, but if I remember correctly it used Geist Wall and Numbing Noise a lot, and I think Numbing Noise was full AoE and the stun lasted a while.

It dropped this:
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...cp/New_hat.png

Post 3.

Did only one VNM in Abyssea-Konschtat last night. It was a tier 1 called Meanderer, and it was a larger Wanderer model. Killed it and got the Abyssite upgrade. The next tier was up but we didn't have enough time to deal with it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

This intrigued me so I took a band today to confirm. It does indeed drop the key item 100% of the time to the whole alliance. Looks like it adds 10% to all curor drops. Don't know about curor chests.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear