BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Abyssea - Tahrongi Discussion

Now that everything is a little more orderly, I will be adding more (types of) information to the OP, so please be patient.

This thread is only for discussion pertaining to Abyssea - Tahrongi.

• For the Abyssea - Konschtat thread, see here.
    • For the Abyssea - La Theine thread, see here.
    • For the original Abyssea thread, see here.

Abyssea - Tahrogni

Since most everything has been discovered, there isn't much need for a text format that can be easily editable and switched around. As such, please refer to Spira's maps.

http://wilddragonchase.com/FFXI/abystahv095b.jpg

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Was waiting for this thread to pop up before posting this:

G-10 theres a thing requesting a Moaning Vestige for a pop item, and theres some unknown mobs still. Now, this might be a stretch, but I have a vague recollection of ppl spawning empty mobs in Tahrongi? Perhaps theres something overlooked in that area, cause
    http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...69/vestige.jpg
    looks like
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ber_Memory.gif
    And I dont think its a coincidence

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yeah the icon definitely looks just like an empty drop. We killed a few tier 1 VNM empties there though and nothing dropped yet. No one has mentioned finding a Moaning Vestige so far. Do the other two areas have empty-like nm pops?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Regarding the Sodden Sandworm Husk, it key items off Minhocao.

Any idea on the chipped sandworm tooth? Sounds like something Glavoid would drop.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Well, we can go by process of elimination.
    I've got a H.Q. Clionid Wing off the F/G-11 Clionids, which is for the G-12 pop.
    (The Clionids in Konschtat J/K-11 drop Murmuring Globule for the pop there however.)

And the map isn't quite accurate, any windurstian knows there is a pass that goes through G-10 and there is a "room" there (it's where the Luck Rune is in normal tahrongi) which is where the moaning vestige pop is. There is also a batch of Limule in that "room", and I'm guessing the pop item is off them.

Also, just for info's sake, there is a single Ephemeral Limule each in both batches of gully clionids. Me and my friend havn't come across any more in there yet though.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

With no apparent quest or ??? asking for Gunpowder Swathe, is there any other use for it? Synergy/Crafting perhaps?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Heres what I've managed to compile up in notepad, was hoping to make a nice flowchart, but this shits a mess -.-

Spoiler: show
    Code:
    STANDARD MOBS
    Gully Clionid	DROP: HQ Clionid Wing (Halimede)
    Gulch Limule	DROP: HQ Limule Pincer (Vetehinen)
    Canyon Eft	DROP: Eft Egg (Abas)
    Lamenter	Unknown, never seen :(
    Blood Bat	DROP: Bloody Fang (Treble Noctules)
    Beholder	DROP: Bloodshot Eye (unknown1)
    Naul		Unknown, never seen?
    Pachypodium	DROP: Alkaline Humus (Gancanagh)
    Cluckatrice	DROP: Cluckatrice Tail Meat (Alectryon)
    Canyon Scorpion	DROP: venomous scorpion stinger (Hedetat)
    Caoineag	DROP: baleful skull (Cannered Noz)
    Jaguarundi	DROP: shocking whisker (Tefenet)
    Hieracosphinx	DROP: Resilient Mane (unknown 2)
    Vermes Carnium	DROP: Nothing known yet
    Thalassinon	DROP: Unknown
    Wiederganger	Unknown, never seen?
    Nematocera	Unknown, never seen?
    Bog Body	DROP: Gunpowder Swathe (quest item?)

Bhumi x5	Titan, roams around

Usurper		Empty type
    Yearner		Empty type
    Hungerer x6	Empty type

Halimede	POP: HQ Clionid Wing @ ???	DROP: Shriveled Wing (Unknown 1)
    Vetehinen	POP: HQ Limule Pincer @ ???	DROP: ??Tarnished Pincer?? (Unknown 1)
    Ophanim		POP: Bloodshot Hecteye @ ??? 	DROP: Wicca Subligar
    Cannered Noz	POP: Baleful Skull @ ???	DROP: Artemis' Medal & Exorcized Skull (Treble Noctules)
    Treble Noctules	POP: Bloody Fang and Exorcised skull @ ???	DROP: unknown
    Gancanagh	POP: Alkaline Humus @ ???	DROP: Thew Bomblet & Acidic Humus (Hedetat)
    Hedetet		POP: Vnm.Scp.Stinger and Acidic Humus @ ???	DROP: Ost Cerveliere & pop item?
    Abas		POP: Eft Egg @ ???		Drop: Maestria Mask & Quivering Eft Egg (Alectryon)
    Alectryon	POP: Cock.Tailmeat & Quiv.Eft.Egg @ ???		DROP: Hoard Ring & pop item?
    Tefenet		POP: Shocking Whisker @ ???	DROP: Sentry Belt & Smooth Whisker (Unknown 2)
    Muscaliet	--UNKNOWN--
    Lachrymater	--UNKNOWN--
    Chloris		--UNKNOWN--
    Glavoid		--UNKNOWN--
    Lacovie		--UNKNOWN--
    Cuelebre	--UNKNOWN--
    Mictlantecuhtli	--UNKNOWN--
    Chukwa		POP: Always up			DROP: Siege Bow & Chukwa's Egg(x2) ??KI:mossy adamantoise shell??
    Minhocao	POP: Always up			DROP: Vermeil Bhuj & KI:Sodden Sandworm Husk
    Adze		POP: Always up			DROP: Impulse Belt & Estoqueur Collar ??KI:sticky gnat wing??
    Quetzalli	--UNKNOWN--
    Manananggal	POP: Spawned, hidden		DROP: Corvus Torque & Bale Belt & Manananggal's Necklet 
    Myrmecoleon
    Ambuscader Antlion x5      
    Iratham

The fun mythology part:
    Muscaliet
    This animal, which appears in the Bestiaire of Pierre de Beauvais, is said to have a body like a hare (though smaller), legs and tail like a squirrel, ears like a weasel, a muzzle like a mole, hair like a pig and teeth like a boar. It climbs trees and jumps from branch to branch by the strength of its tail. When it climbs a tree it devastates the leaves and fruit. It makes its nest in a hollow underground below the tree; its nature is so hot that it causes the tree to dry up and die.
    Possibly "A ??? pop requiring a bloody fang and an exorcised skull is at (I-9). "

Lachrymater
    I'm pulling up results of Tear Gas? I have no idea lol.

Chloris
    Can allready presume its a Mandragora based on item dats.
    Maybe "A ??? requiring key items, overgrown mandragora flower and chipped sandworm tooth is at (F-5)"

Glavoid
    Seems to be something SE made up, or a mixture of words

Lacovie
    Its in french, but "Elle peut être rapprochée de la tortue fabuleuse Aspichodélon.", I think you can figure that out.
    Possibly A ??? requiring key items, veinous hecteyes eyelid, torn bat wing, gory scorpion claw, and mossy adamantoise shell is at (I-8).

Cuelebre
    "Cuélebre, or Culebre, is a giant winged serpent-dragon of the Asturian and Cantabrian mythology, that lives in a cave, guards treasures and keeps xanas as prisoners. "

Mictlantecuhtli
    Mictlantecuhtli' (Nahuatl pronunciation: [miktɬaːnˈtekʷtɬi], meaning "Lord of Mictlan"), in Aztec mythology, was a god of the dead and the king of Mictlan (Chicunauhmictlan), the lowest and northernmost section of the underworld
    Cointeach type?

Quetzalli
    "Quetzals are strikingly colored birds in the trogon family (Trogonidae). They are found in forests and woodlands, especially in humid highlands"

Myrmecoleon
    "In one version, the ant-lion is so called because it is the "lion of ants", a large ant or small animal that hides in the dust and kills ants. In the other version, it is a beast that is the result of a mating between a lion and an ant. It has the face of a lion and the body of an ant, with each part having its appropriate nature. Because the lion part will only eat meat and the ant part can only digest grain, the ant-lion starves."
    See next mob below? Hmm...

Ambuscader Antlion x5

Iratham
    I got some results of a chess piece? lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yes the gunpowder swothe is used in "Bringing Dow the Mountain" quest, you need like 3 maybe.

I'm not sure about chipped sandworm tooth. Has anyone tried farming the mini sandoworms? I doubt they drop it because it's a key item and there is already a pre-spawned sandworm NM. I think that perhaps both chipped sandworm tooth and oversized mandragora flower could be rewards from a quest. Or maybe from an NM spawned in a quest. Otherwise it would come from Glavoid which I think is very likely the sandworm the target of the "Megadrile Menace" quest.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Hmm, maybe the antlion mob is like Fistule? Links off another mob then pops out of the ground?

Just got Sylvan Scarf off Sandworm NM tonight, I dont think this is documented anywhere
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...701_203932.png

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Want to add the VNMs to the zones?

T1 - Hungerer: Very easy, maybe 5000 HP. (also seems like the same rate of clear > colorful upgrading as other VNMs, aka: shitty 0/9 personally)

T2 - Yearner: Seems magic-resistant with possibly a !! weakness based on a random or changing element? Unknown regarding physical defense.

Also, questions~ Are the small sandworms aggressive and/or linking to each other or to Minhocao? Does Minhocao have any tricks up its sleeve, like draw-in/spells?

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Want to add the VNMs to the zones?

T1 - Hungerer: Very easy, maybe 5000 HP.

T2 - Yearner: Seems magic-resistant with possibly a !! weakness based on a random or changing element?

Also, questions~ Are the small sandworms aggressive and/or linking? Does the Sandworm NM have any tricks up its sleeve, like draw-in/spells?
    The only real difference is it uses a couple moves called Gorge and Disgorge (was in first Abyssea thread). Gorge shows up normally in log as being used, but for some reason Disgorge wasn't showing. We were going by the animation of charge-up sort of like DI and stunning that (obviously it was pretty sloppy as you can see in the picture, first time etc)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

In regards to the lights and temporary items, I duo'd in Tahrongi today on BLM with a SCH, I pulled every mob that we fought. We both got feeble azure light on all kills, and I was the only one to ever receive any temp items. Right before we timed out, we killed an Ephemeral Limule and I got Viridian abyssite of density. The only things we killed in the zone were about 8-11 or so mini adamantoises, and then Ephemerial mobs, and a single regular limule that aggrod. Seems like its possible that either the temp items work the same as the key items from nms, or I suppose it could be based on a 'performance' type of system like campaign/WoE since I was always doing more damage.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

@OP, you have some minor clerical errors, so please let me help you (*'-')

A ??? pop requiring a moaning vestige is at (G-10).

* A moaning vestige can be obtained from Gulch Limule.
    * Pops Vetehinen, a Limule type monster.

Vetenhinen is not popped with a moaning vestige, moaning vestige is still MIA. Vetenhinen is popped at (H-10) by using a H. Q. Limule Pincer. These HQ Limule Pincers drop from Gulch Limules.

Re:
    Cannered Noz is popped at (F-6).

Re:
    A ??? pop requiring a bloodshot hecteye, a shriveled wing, and a shriveled pincer is at (G-9).

The NM popped here is Olphanim, a Hecteyes type monster.

Today we decided to pop Vetenhinen. Everything was cool until the last 10%.. it went crazy after that. Spamming TP moves and regening to almost half its HP. Also it was hitting people for 1000~2000 damage. We popped it in fireday if that matters. Any idea how to take it down?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by KigenAngelo View Post
    Just got Sylvan Scarf off Sandworm NM tonight, I dont think this is documented anywhere
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...701_203932.png
    Hmmm do you remember if that guy did anything special to get Key Item such as claim it, exploit a weakness and make it !!, etc.?

Edit: Oh and was it the chipped sandworm tooth or an Atma? Thanks!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Minhocao drops sodden sandworm husk.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Any chance the quest list n the OP will have details of how to complete the quests? Or will it continue to be just a streight copy/paste off wiki's quest section?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Or will it continue to be just a streight copy/paste off wiki's quest section?
    You're fucking kidding right? It's a copy/paste from the DAT files.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Any chance the quest list n the OP will have details of how to complete the quests? Or will it continue to be just a streight copy/paste off wiki's quest section?
    More like wiki is a copy/paste off of these threads.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast