1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 4 days, 17 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 days, 16 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Beware of FFXIV Beta Key Scams/Sales

http://www.ffxivblog.com/re-beta-key-sales/

seems initial thoughts about a certain blog were not entirely incorrect on the level of shadytown.

A friendly little warning from your shorty team, guys…
    Be careful about people out there that are after your moneys! There are going to be quite a few beta key scams. We know you’re excited about FFXIV and that you want to be the first to try the game out!
    But… We don’t know how many of these beta key sales are actually legitimate. So, we would much rather you stay excited about the game even if you don’t receive a beta key, rather than have negative feelings associated with it before it even launches because someone out there decided to swindle you out of $100!
    Stay patient! You know we are! http://www.ffxivblog.com/wp-includes...icon_smile.gif
    As seen on the FFXIV Vault forums.
    “If” we get some keys, we’ll rather randomly hand it out to one of our readers that comments. You have our word on that one =)
    I've recently received a PM that I thought you guys should definitely know about because I don't want anyone getting scammed out of their money.

Dex wrote:
    I am contacting as many site admins as I can to let them know about a proposition made to me by Zyuu to buy a beta key for $100.00.

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B2q ... MDE2&hl=en

The bottom line is that he has revealed to numerous members of his site that:

1. He has been given 40 beta keys via the Curse Network
    2. Square Enix is telling Curse/FFXIVCore that beta starts in three weeks
    3. He is bidding the keys out to the highest bidder

It made me wonder what information you have been given. Have you been provided keys for your efforts? Would you sell them?

Good luck and if you have any questions please let me know.

All I can say is be careful and be patient. Square Enix will distribute beta keys properly in due time. Also, just to clear up any rumors: No, I have not yet been contacted by Square Enix regarding beta keys or received any other information on the matter. Nor, can I confirm or deny that the beta process will begin in 3 weeks.

the apple of knowledge
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

hmmm interesting

blax n gunz
    BG Level

White text on the --r forum skin is illegible Sonomaa.

in b4 inferior board settings etc etc

the apple of knowledge
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post

just highlight the text you want to read easy around it, though for ease and not wanting to confuse people would be an idea to change the text colour.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

This is the best FFXIV information I've seen in months. Has anyone tried forwarding this onto higher ups in Curse? I would at least hope the SE rep that reads the boards finds out about this and demands an answer from Curse.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kawfee Demitasse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Sci View Post
    This is the best FFXIV information I've seen in months. Has anyone tried forwarding this onto higher ups in Curse? I would at least hope the SE rep that reads the boards finds out about this and demands an answer from Curse.
    Definitely, Curse is a very professional organization (usually), and these are very unprofessional actions for a "journalist". Was willing to give this guy the benefit of the doubt with all the previous shit that went down, but this just screams of douchenozzelry of the highest order.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post

I didnt set the color, the copypaste did, that shoullldddd fix it

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Am I allowed to continue hating Zyuu/Curse now?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Its pretty fucking shitty of Zyuu to sell the keys if what he claims is true tbh. Doing a lotto or contest of some sort would be far more ethical. If what he said is true, I lost all respect for Zyuu and Curse.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I wouldn't buy a beta key, but thanks for the heads up nonetheless.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yes, Zyuu messed up big time but at the same time I feel as if you guys didn't get the whole story. You only saw a portion of that PM.

If you have anymore questions pertaining to this check this link out first. LINK

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

As soon as I saw the title, I thought, "Those Core fags must be up to something." Good to see my instincts haven't let me down.

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draconix View Post
    Yes, Zyuu messed up big time but at the same time I feel as if you guys didn't get the whole story. You only saw a portion of that PM.
    How come the PMs THAT YOU DIDN'T SEE-THE FULL STORY look totally different from the two above?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

lol at Zyuu being 'put on probation.' The fuck does that even mean? You fuck up once publicly like this your cred is shot for good, it's amazing that they're even pretending to discipline him while he retains every outward appearance of remaining staff at your shady fucking site.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lol at the damage control. At least everybody should now be on board with my once deemed 'irrational hatred'. Let this be a lesson to all of you, my judgement is infallible.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

How does anyone fall for this shit anymore? If it didn't come from the official site's mouth, it's not out. Are people still that desperate...?!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

WTB beta key for $599 USD.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Am I allowed to continue hating Zyuu/Curse now?
    Zyuu, yes, but Curse is a much larger organization/company than just that one person. I wouldn't be surprised if action isn't taken quickly to resolve the situation by Curse.

It would be liking hating ESPN because Peter Gammons is Boston ass-sucking fuck pig.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

It's funny because if he were to sell some non existant beta keys that he may never receive the people that paid wouldn't get a refund most likely. It is being called a donation to pay for website fees or something but i think he just wanted the money for his own personal use. What part of an Orc's ass did the FFXIVCore website even come from i wonder.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    It would be liking hating ESPN because Peter Gammons is Boston ass-sucking fuck pig.
    Gammons doesn't work for ESPN anymore..