+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 127 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast

Thread: Relic Augments     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Almost as sad as realizing that you can look forward to doing this every level cap update.
    the last trial with 2000 mobs is scareing me. I really hope SE doesnt push up even further >.<

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Still hoping it's a missprint! And it's 2k WSs :/

New Odin
    BG Level

The amount of currency needed for full relic = # of mobs killed at 99 :D.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

at 77 i'm currently getting 50 exp a kill

that is 175,000 I can level to 80 just killing EP and i still wouldn't be done ... how sad is that.
    Ugh, don't remind me.

As a minor gripe, I don't mind killing the mobs too much (other than it's monotonous as fuck), but I really wish they could've tied the process in with a quest that had the actual relic talking to you and making that request, instead of some fucktarded Super Moogle Kupower Magic shit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I won't mind if the weapons would become hungry like "Guttler" and say "give me more", "is that it", "kill more ep you maggot"....etc etc...

At least it will be entertaining for the first 10 min in the next 3 months of EP bashing.

Final LVL 99 relic upgrade: Kill Dynamis Lord with weapon skill 500 times.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I've reflected upon my earlier "lawl" and concluded that I genuinely do feel sorry for you guys. You're being forced to do more work than it takes to make most Magian weapons just in order to stay competitive.
    Bravura: D99, 488 delay, 20 Acc, and the ability to give yourself -20% M/PDT + double procs.
    Bravura+2: D106, 488 delay, 20 Acc, and the ability to give yourself -20% M/PDT + double procs.
    Abyssean Great Axe: D109, 482 delay
    Vermail Bhuj: D104, 504 delay (21 STP is convenient), 8 STR, and Additional Effect Amnesia. (D106 with converted fSTR, and the STR gives even more base damage during WS)

You don't grind out that next 3500 mobs, your epeen starts shrinking to near-invisible levels because someone has a higher damage Great Axe than you, and people who didn't kill a single Magian mob have a pretty comparable great axe to you.

One monster every 30 seconds, you're looking at almost 30 hours of killing to get the current final stage. Solo? You're looking at something closer to 1 kill every 2 minutes. Make that 120 hours. Some relic owners I know don't log that much time in a month, and certainly don't want to spend every moment in game killing _____ type of monster just so that they can finish their upgrades only to have the requirements increase further. There's no point in having an awesome weapon if it takes you so long to get that you never do anything else in the game.

Miss a few upgrades though, and even non-magian options (like Vermail Bhuj) will start to surpass your relic.

For some reference, there are only 720 hours in a 30-day month.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Valacirca View Post
    Final LVL 99 relic upgrade: Kill Dynamis Lord with weapon skill 500 times.
    This isn´t funny because it prolly is just too close to the truth

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I've reflected upon my earlier "lawl" and concluded that I genuinely do feel sorry for you guys. You're being forced to do more work than it takes to make most Magian weapons just in order to stay competitive.
    Bravura: D99, 488 delay, 20 Acc, and the ability to give yourself -20% M/PDT + double procs.
    Bravura+2: D106, 488 delay, 20 Acc, and the ability to give yourself -20% M/PDT + double procs.
    Abyssean Great Axe: D109, 482 delay
    Vermail Bhuj: D104, 504 delay (21 STP is convenient), 8 STR, and Additional Effect Amnesia. (D106 with converted fSTR, and the STR gives even more base damage during WS)

You don't grind out that next 3500 mobs, your epeen starts shrinking to near-invisible levels because someone has a higher damage Great Axe than you, and people who didn't kill a single Magian mob have a pretty comparable great axe to you.

One monster every 30 seconds, you're looking at almost 30 hours of killing to get the current final stage. Solo? You're looking at something closer to 1 kill every 2 minutes. Make that 120 hours. Some relic owners I know don't log that much time in a month, and certainly don't want to spend every moment in game killing _____ type of monster just so that they can finish their upgrades only to have the requirements increase further. There's no point in having an awesome weapon if it takes you so long to get that you never do anything else in the game.

Miss a few upgrades though, and even non-magian options (like Vermail Bhuj) will start to surpass your relic.

For some reference, there are only 720 hours in a 30-day month.
    Yup, I didn't mind doing the first 2 trials, thinking the next would be last and could just sit on my high dmg weapons while I see others work their ass off to the december update to get something that's still subpar to augmented relic. Instead I gotta do the shit to even stay on top with relic every update until dec... I am not pleased.

If this sounds arrogant so be it, one of joys of relic was not having to worry about other weapons being better than mine, because SE simply wouldn't let that happen. They still don't let it happen, but blowing 30+ hours per trial (I do about 1 kill per minute) is becoming nuts just to keep my weapon on top. These trials seriously should have been nerfed with the rest of magian nerfs.

The image of doing 2 more trials in sept and 2 again in dec makes me vomit. Especially since they are upping the killshots. How would that sound for an inet article? "Person physically ill after 18 hours of relic trial"? And before somebody goes: don't have to do it 18 hours in a row, I know, but since it becomes an annoyance 5min after starting a new run it sure feels like it.

/end rant

That said, I'm still gonna get it fucking done, but I'm going to take a bit longer on these 2, not in a rush like first 2 trials.

And the only reason I don't see 500 DL kills happening is because of glass cooldown, otherwise, yeah I can see it happen.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Suramar

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    Yup, I didn't mind doing the first 2 trials, thinking the next would be last and could just sit on my high dmg weapons while I see others work their ass off to the december update to get something that's still subpar to augmented relic. Instead I gotta do the shit to even stay on top with relic every update until dec... I am not pleased.

If this sounds arrogant so be it, one of joys of relic was not having to worry about other weapons being better than mine, because SE simply wouldn't let that happen. They still don't let it happen, but blowing 30+ hours per trial (I do about 1 kill per minute) is becoming nuts just to keep my weapon on top. These trials seriously should have been nerfed with the rest of magian nerfs.

The image of doing 2 more trials in sept and 2 again in dec makes me vomit. Especially since they are upping the killshots. How would that sound for an inet article? "Person physically ill after 18 hours of relic trial"? And before somebody goes: don't have to do it 18 hours in a row, I know, but since it becomes an annoyance 5min after starting a new run it sure feels like it.

/end rant

That said, I'm still gonna get it fucking done, but I'm going to take a bit longer on these 2, not in a rush like first 2 trials.

And the only reason I don't see 500 DL kills happening is because of glass cooldown, otherwise, yeah I can see it happen.
    Exactly my feeling. ( And i will still do it for my Mandau >_>; )

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just be glad the shit you could get in 2004 is still relevant, unlike the approach of most MMOs that would have made your shit useless when toau came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post

/end rant

Eh, even if Twatstar was DMG 46 it still wouldn't be better than my Mandau.

But then it's Mercy Stroke what makes Mandau good the DMG and delay are just gravy.

And after taking 3+ years to self fund it just doesn't seem that bad to me to me really.

Then again I didn't mind camping Argus or Eastern Shadow either so maybe it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Onorgul View Post
    Besides some strange desire to have two gold daggers (or whatever), why would you even want to if you could?
    Just get an Auric Dagger if you want gold bling in both hands.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

With help (a RDM/DNC friend of mine was meleeing/hasting me) I managed to killshot about 70 or so in an hour before I got bored.

I'm actually glad they're doing this to keep the relics up to date and acknowledging it's a giant pain in the ass to get them for a lot of people. Plenty of other MMOs wouldn't hesitate to obsolete them and not feel as bad because it's not like a huge chunk of the population owns them.

On one hand, I'm glad they're upgradeable to level 80 since there's the potential of them being upgraded even further. On the other hand, I'm dreading what else they could add to it. Still, better to do this than to collect ancient currency again.

However, I'm going to be pretty damn annoyed if the end result for all this effort's something that's not at least comparable.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Personally, I preferred shouting for currency to the monotony of these trials. =/

These are really bad, but the fact that a lot of trials share things makes it harder.... went to go kill some lizards and right outside op want an army of people, some not even doing trails. Went to vally.... 23 people in zone and aspi window isn't up...... ok kuf tunnel.... o look its earth day and there is an ally of people killing every lizard in the zone. FUCK!!!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Terrestrial Rage
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Looking in Ro'Maeve for my first Amano trial, there isnt even a fucking weapon up anywhere. I dont even know of anywhere else thats suitable for EP Arcana...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Terrestrialrage View Post
    Looking in Ro'Maeve for my first Amano trial, there isnt even a fucking weapon up anywhere. I dont even know of anywhere else thats suitable for EP Arcana...
    Snolls in Ule.

They blow up too.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I feel really bad for people with multiple relics....maybe my Bow test never dropping (0/25) was a blessing in disguise.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Terrestrialrage View Post
    Fei'Yin? Garlaige Basement? MMM?

Also, don't forget level sync guys. Some of these trials were a lot easier when I could just sync down and clean out a bunch of low-level mobs.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Fei'Yin? Garlaige Basement? MMM?

Also, don't forget level sync guys. Some of these trials were a lot easier when I could just sync down and clean out a bunch of low-level mobs.
    Let me know when you can use a relic WS synced down below 75.