BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

ACP Body "Fast Cast" Hidden Effect

With "Fast Cast" roll being added in less than a week, I made some time to finish a small mystery thats been bugging me for a while~

When you get "Fast Cast"+5 on ACP Body, it tests at 20/1024 effect on recast. When used in combination with other "Fast Cast" such as /RDM, Homam Legs, Loq. Earring, etc... It gains a small amount of "Fast Cast", around 10/1024 on recast. Nothing major, but it's a nice bonus. Using multiple sources of "Fast Cast" doesn't increase this bonus

Also, I wanted to add that I made an error in my previous fast cast thread. "Fast Cast" is applied first, rounded to the 10ths place, and then haste applied second. (I originalli had this reversed, but it rarely ever makes a difference when calculating recast which is why it went unnoticed.) I didn't discover this til I had to re-test my earlier findings and found I made a small mistake in the examples I used.

Also figured I'd post some unimportant confirmations that don't deserve their own thread~

-Tiercel Necklace is 11/1024 haste. (Same as Blitz Ring)
    -Usukane Set is 130/1024 haste, Usukane + BB is 252/1024 haste. (Which is what people have been treating it as.)
    -Augmented Haste items continue to work in /1024th system. Tested Haste+1, and Haste+3 items~

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

well thats strange. This is the 1st item (afaik) that says fast cast+5 rather than "enhances fast cast effect" so it could still be just the way it works?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Good to know, thanks for testing this.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I am posting here simply to state my appreciation of your efforts.

^

EDIT: Also, I am giving you a hug when I meet you for all the testing and what not you do. ;P

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

i'm abit slow today:

so when combined with another piece of fast cast, the body is effectively 6% fastcast?

so same affect of 3% haste in body slot?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Err no .. 5% fast cast but 3% on recast

Can you please verify that RDM/BLU/BRD Ebon body (which is also FC+5) get this as well ?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

random question but ties in really,

is APC fast cast better then Goli bodies 4% haste? or they basically the same

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Using Dread Spikes and Hasso, I did a little playing around with a Fast Cast+1 belt from MMM. The belt usually has no effect on recast, but when used with Homam Pants there is a bonus(about 10/1024). If I'm not mistaken, the following are 60/1024 without the belt, except for the last which is 61/1024.

Homam Hands+Feet+Belt= 254 recast (no bonus gained)
    Turban+Loquac.+Belt=254 recast (no bonus gained)
    Homam Legs+Loquac.+Belt= 251 recast (bonus gained)
    Homam Legs+Blitz+Belt=251 recast (bonus gained)

I don't fully understand how to pull the exact values, but thought I'd post the results. Not that anyone would use this for the recast. I'm more curious about Veela Cape.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    random question but ties in really,

is APC fast cast better then Goli bodies 4% haste? or they basically the same
    Short answer: Goli's 4% haste beats tabard's 10% fc (-5% delay).

long answer: it depends on your total fc, as well as your total haste. In equal amounts whichever one you have the most of will have the most effect. Ie if you have 20 fc, and 15 haste, 5 fc will beat 5 haste, but if you have 20 haste and 15 fc, then 5 haste will beat 5 fc. Though with only 20/1024, it will never beat the recast reduction of goli.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by wonder View Post
    Using Dread Spikes and Hasso, I did a little playing around with a Fast Cast+1 belt from MMM. The belt usually has no effect on recast, but when used with Homam Pants there is a bonus(about 10/1024). If I'm not mistaken, the following are 60/1024 without the belt, except for the last which is 61/1024.

Homam Hands+Feet+Belt= 254 recast (no bonus gained)
    Turban+Loquac.+Belt=254 recast (no bonus gained)
    Homam Legs+Loquac.+Belt= 251 recast (bonus gained)
    Homam Legs+Blitz+Belt=251 recast (bonus gained)

I don't fully understand how to pull the exact values, but thought I'd post the results. Not that anyone would use this for the recast. I'm more curious about Veela Cape.
    Yea your tests are mostly in line with a similar reading. It seems your belt doesn't add any recast effect unless combined with other pieces of "Fast Cast". Maybe it's a glitch with the ["Fast Cast"+] augments? [Enhances "Fast Cast"] seems to work fine~ Although in your tests, L. Earring wasn't getting you the ~10/1024 bonus while it did for me. This is definitely strange. I also got a 11/1024 bonus when using it /w Homam Pants, compared to 10/1024 bonus when using /RDM's "Fast Cast."

Can you do one more test for me? Can you use the belt with Dread Spikes naked and no Hasso, and tell me if there's a decrease in recast? If it even gives 1-5/1024 value to recast, you'll notice a 2:59 recast. If it's realli giving 0/1024 haste, it should stick at 3:00 which be very weird~ (But what your tests indicate!)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    Can you do one more test for me? Can you use the belt with Dread Spikes naked and no Hasso, and tell me if there's a decrease in recast? If it even gives 1-5/1024 value to recast, you'll notice a 2:59 recast. If it's realli giving 0/1024 haste, it should stick at 3:00 which be very weird~ (But what your tests indicate!)
    Tested it, and yeah it sits at 3 minutes for a bit.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by wonder View Post
    Tested it, and yeah it sits at 3 minutes for a bit.
    Thats weird =x. My guess is that "Fast Cast"+ augments are glitched/bugged. Seems weird if they intended it to work that way. Also possible they work in some obscure way, but seems kinda unlikely considering ACP Body alone conforms to all previous testing with 20/1024 effect on recast.

In any sense, hopefully the new "Fast Cast" roll works like the Enhance "Fast Cast" stuffs~

Nut Steamer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    Short answer: Goli's 4% haste beats tabard's 10% fc (-5% delay).

long answer: it depends on your total fc, as well as your total haste. In equal amounts whichever one you have the most of will have the most effect. Ie if you have 20 fc, and 15 haste, 5 fc will beat 5 haste, but if you have 20 haste and 15 fc, then 5 haste will beat 5 fc. Though with only 20/1024, it will never beat the recast reduction of goli.
    It's been long since i've played, but i never even considered anything over Tabard. Why? The best recasts i got on RDM was 27 NI and 17 ICHI with the usage of haste spell. Even if goliard/acp cuts 1 second off NI, it wouldn't be worth it due 10% FC right?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

would always have used FC gear for ichi since it's recast is much shorter anyways.

no point in doing anything except max recast reduction on NI,

Nut Steamer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    would always have used FC gear for ichi since it's recast is much shorter anyways.

no point in doing anything except max recast reduction on NI,
    Small fix, i think my NI was 26 and ichi 17. Question is, how low can NI get? I didn't have Velocious belt/Speed/Sonic or Dusk gloves +1 so i was missing +3% Haste. Even the +3% and what ever new haste items the game offers since i left, doubt it pushes it to 25. I'm not sure though, but one thing is for sure. When you use full FC on NI, the spell triggers at 51%~70% randomly. You can manually launch the spell or do it from a macro, it still gets fucked up. Call it bug or lag, i don't know. It's been 4 years and i still don't know what's causing it ^^.

Edit: Incase the point isn't clear, i mean't that if NI would always fire at 51~% i would use tabard. Yes, even if i lose 1 second off NI.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Onyxium Asurai
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hmmm...very nice find. Along the same lines, has anyone tested this with ACP Body w/ Dual Wield + Suppa/NIN AF2 Legs? I would think you would see a similar effect on that, too. Or Snapshot with COR AF2 hands, etc.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Blasta View Post
    It's been long since i've played, but i never even considered anything over Tabard. Why? The best recasts i got on RDM was 27 NI and 17 ICHI with the usage of haste spell. Even if goliard/acp cuts 1 second off NI, it wouldn't be worth it due 10% FC right?
    Whats important to remember is that you can start the cast in "Fast Cast" and gain the benefit of the faster casting. Then finish the spell in Haste or "Fast Cast" to reduce the recast timer.

Like rog said, finishing your spell in FC vs Haste depends on how much FC and Haste you currently have.

RDM main gets 102/1024 reduction in recast, which is about 10%. Haste spell gives 150/1024, which is about 15%. This means you should almost always be finishing your spells in Turban and Goilard Body for maximum reduction in recast~

Nut Steamer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    RDM main gets 102/1024 reduction in recast, which is about 10%. Haste spell gives 150/1024, which is about 15%. This means you should almost always be finishing your spells in Turban and Goilard Body for maximum reduction in recast~

Oh i understand that, but can NI go lower than 26 with gears and haste spell? I don't think it can, so might aswell just keep the FC. I just wanted to know if its even possible, because i do recall trying putting on all haste on when finishing Utsusemi. The recast would ALWAYS land the same results (17 ICHI 26 NI).

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blasta View Post
    Oh i understand that, but can NI go lower than 26 with gears and haste spell? I don't think it can, so might aswell just keep the FC. I just wanted to know if its even possible, because i do recall trying putting on all haste on when finishing Utsusemi. The recast would ALWAYS land the same results (17 ICHI 26 NI).
    With turban, speed belt, dusk+1, dusk+1, goliard body, haste+3 legs, sentinel shield, loq earring, which gives capped haste, and 11% fc you'd have 45*.6*.89=24.03 recast, so yes.