+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Walk of Echoes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Went in again for some fun - were able to due small crab no problem with mnk and rdm. A couple small strike teams should be able to hold all incoming mobs easily.
    This is what I'm thinking.

If you set teams to duo/trio mobs (2DDs,1support) then you should be able to take down the easy ones no problem (depending on mob). Have a bigger group (a party maybe) work on the bigger mobs.

I see it mentioned that mobs come down in rushes of 4-5. That's 8-15 people with duos/trios assigned to mobs. That leaves a whole other alliance for the strongest mobs.

This would also give more support to SEs idea of random people being able to work together. If there are enough small groups in, and they attack different mobs, it should work.

This is all theory of course. I haven't personally been back in the zone since Monday.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

When my friend and me entered crab room [mnk/nin rdm/whm] we killed the lonely crab at left stairs from where you pop. Was easy and droped nothing but when we wanted to move back we saw how the 4 crabs of the main stairs + VNM crab one was coming (with party hate) and raped us. After wipe the vnm crab disapeared and the other 4 crabs went back to their respective pos.
    You can't gravity , bind, sleep or kite them since run more at least than C.legs.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by solanis View Post
    My shell went in with 8 people at 75 to try to clear slimes. Three rdms held a slime each (one held two) while the main party of five people worked on the big one. It wasn't enough bodies, and the slime worked us. However, the rdms held their slimes until we were all unweak, which must have added up to over ten minutes, adding both the time we fought it, and the five minute recovery period. They definitely started to rage in some way.

edit: lol darkroom get outta here
    Like I said, wouldn't hold them for that long as the others would pull them away and kill, so you wouldn't have more then perhaps 4 at a time.

You'd have a lot more than 4 if you're actually killing them. With a full 36 you could probably keep it under control well enough, though. Bit hard to find a shell with that kind of manpower at this point.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Has every form of sleep been ruled out in conjuction with elemental seal / soul voice?

Edit: whoops... elemental seal... not divine seal...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Our group noticed something peculiar when we messed around with echoes yesterday. For example, in our first run about a few seconds after we engaged the main slime 3 exclamation points appeared above its head which gave everyone a random temp item and it seemed to inflict terror on the main slime for a short period. Also during that particular set of mobs (big slime + 4 smaller ones) we had no other links approach us and we ended up killing it.

A similar thing happened when we did the antlions, exclamation points and temp item/terror and no link occured throughout the fight.

We didnt end up winning those two runs, due to time and getting overrun by monsters when we tried killing other bosses.

I am not sure exactly what this means at this point, but i believe that the main monsters have to be killed in some certain order so that they dont aggro the other sets of monsters. Perhaps there is also something that triggers the monster into this behavior?

Important repeat info: Mobs have alliance hate on aggro, 0 exp loss.

Silly cat tactical info: After you kill a mob, chances are more mobs will start heading for your group. They will aggro the first person they see, but you can have someone outside of the alliance aggro or pull them and die away from the group, which will make the mobs will go back to wherever they came from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkxsOP8RedI

A couple of lowly mobs coming for your group isn't so bad, but sometimes extra T3 VNMs come to join the fun and they should be sacrificed away. A cor with the movement speed rolls and reraise earrings/magic works well. If the incoming monsters are spaced out, it can be tough for just one person to grab them all.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdoom View Post
    You'd have a lot more than 4 if you're actually killing them. With a full 36 you could probably keep it under control well enough, though. Bit hard to find a shell with that kind of manpower at this point.
    Everytime I've gone I've never seen more than 6 crabs at any one time, and that includes runs with anywhere from 6 to 36 people.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

We won against the slimes again using the same strategy with ~20 ls members and no more than 4 random people, mostly lv 76-78. With fewer random people than last time, we wiped after the second large slime, but had time to recover. We were close on time, but we fought the third slime to ~25% slowly before we wiped--if we did it intentionally after the 2nd, it would have been comfortably finished. We got a Cure VI scroll, an Austerity belt, 2 sasuke tekko, and some mats (flocon-de-mer, beech log, selenite, orichalcum ore).

The 5th place box had durium ore, phrygian ore, and a beech log.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Viserdes View Post
    Our group noticed something peculiar when we messed around with echoes yesterday. For example, in our first run about a few seconds after we engaged the main slime 3 exclamation points appeared above its head which gave everyone a random temp item and it seemed to inflict terror on the main slime for a short period. Also during that particular set of mobs (big slime + 4 smaller ones) we had no other links approach us and we ended up killing it.

A similar thing happened when we did the antlions, exclamation points and temp item/terror and no link occured throughout the fight.

We didnt end up winning those two runs, due to time and getting overrun by monsters when we tried killing other bosses.

I am not sure exactly what this means at this point, but i believe that the main monsters have to be killed in some certain order so that they dont aggro the other sets of monsters. Perhaps there is also something that triggers the monster into this behavior?
    Someone mentioned earlier on in either this thread or the Abyssea thread about casting Flash on a mob in one of the two zones and it reacting with an exclamation point over it's head and it becoming terrorized.

There's an NPC in Abyssea that kind of hints towards this behavior being on a lot of the mobs they just added, I suppose it's just a matter of trial and error to figure out what's triggering it on each mob type. It may not have actually been the flash that caused the terror either, just two events that happened at similar times.

I've been keeping an eye on logs while doing WoE and Abyssea to watch for potential triggers for the "!"'s, but so far I haven't noticed anything concrete or anything that I can put my finger on as to being a trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Everytime I've gone I've never seen more than 6 crabs at any one time, and that includes runs with anywhere from 6 to 36 people.
    6 Regular crabs or 4 regular crabs and two caldera crabs? Because I'm pretty sure one of the runs we had two calderas and either 4-6 damask/cyanics. Wasn't paying too much attention to the total number of crabs though, so I could very likely be wrong.

Won 2 runs today

Crabs #1 Conflux
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...625_201340.png

Antlions #3 Conflux
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...625_211449.png

I got 3rd chest on the 1st run. Got 2 pouches of coins and shell 5 from my chest. I ended up with 7 coins of decay, 9 coins of glory.

Did anyone check confluxes 4-7 after you guys won to see if any of those rooms opened?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FUCK

Beech Log i see in that pool, so it comes from Walk of Echos.

GDI there goes my HQ Funguars ;;

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

hooray the new spells have a non-NPC source

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    FUCK

Beech Log i see in that pool, so it comes from Walk of Echos.

GDI there goes my HQ Funguars ;;
    Beech could also come from logging points in Abyssea-Thiene?

Same person was #1 both times and got both titles, no response from #4

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Beech could also come from logging points in Abyssea-Thiene?
    Yes i started the quest that gives you hatchets and asks for chestnuts i think, tried logging at only spot i saw and got beech log.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

/

We beat 1 and 3 today fairly easily(same ls Cichy) gonna prolly do #2 on sunday, but right now there is no response from any other conflux or wateva except 1-3. Maybe you have to clear 1-3, i guess we will find out on sunday!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sounds like these are easy enough that those items dropping will be dirty cheap on AH in no time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast