1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 12 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Buttons Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Ooh now I want to post too. :D

WHM is actually my main but as I was starting to get Allagan pieces I thought I should gear SCH as well since I had really enjoyed levelling the job.

So up until now my first priority was getting ilv90/ilv80 gear, now I am almost at a point where I can start thinking about BiS.

http://abload.de/img/myscholaremdnd.jpg

I got lucky in Crystal tower and got the nice crit shoes. Keeping those. Head is also crystal tower, keeping that until we get two Allagan circlets to drop for our team. Or until I can buy the nerdy AF2 hat.
    Darklight Ring needs to be replaced by Hero's Ring/Allagan.

Next upgrade will be AF2 pants to replace the darklight. Need to save up mythos for that. Book is zenith already, we haven't started T5 yet so that book is a pipe dream atm.

Body I am keeping Allagan for now, I can sidegrade to AF2 once I have filled out the other slots. :D

Earring is melded Vit+8, Pie+6 Det+4, is my whm earring but am keeping it until something better drops and I really like the earring.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Haven't messed around on SCH since before 2.1, what do I need to watch out for now w/r/t the pet AI? Is there a way to get it back to where it was before (chaincast Embrace but still accept commands) or will I have to micro my fairies now as well? Even reading this thread it seems there are conflicting reports.

Additionally, what's the proper syntax for /micon on Embrace? Am I still forced to use separate slots for Eos and Selene if I want the icon there?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

/micon "Embrace" pet
    /pac "Embrace" <t> (or whatever)
    This is the syntax you use for every pet action. That's the word "pet", not the pet's name. It'll always display Eos's Embrace icon but it works fine since they share the same cooldown "clocktick" animation.

/petaction "Embrace" <2> (hits the tank)
    /pac "Embrace" <mo> (mouseover; I put this before <f> or <2> or whatever in my Embrace macros)
    /pac "Silent Dusk" <f> (focustarget)
    /pac "Fey Light" <p> (pet; self-targeted stuff)
    /pac "Obey" <f>
    /pac "Sic" <le> (last enemy)

Examples. A friend said macroing Obey/Sic etc wasn't working for him, and maybe that was true before the hotfixes a couple nights ago? I hadn't tried until now. I would make a Sic macro for when you have to run into a conflag or gaol or something so, say, Selene keeps using Light/Glow.

From updated 2nd post, this is what I've been using but still tweaking:
    Embrace mousover or focus target:
    /micon "Embrace" pet
    /petaction "Embrace" <mo>
    /petaction "Embrace" <f>

Embrace mouseover or tank:
    /micon "Embrace" pet
    /petaction "Embrace" <mo>
    /petaction "Embrace" <2>

Selene 1-button:
    /micon "Fey Glow" pet
    /petaction "Fey Glow" <p>
    /petaction "Fey Light" <p>

Selene silence:
    /micon "Silent Dusk" pet
    /petaction "Silent Dusk" <f>
    /petaction "Silent Dusk" <t>

Eos regen:
    /micon "Whispering Dawn" pet
    /petaction "Fey Illumination" <p>
    /petaction "Whispering Dawn" <p>
    /wait 1
    /petaction "Fey Illumination" <p>
    /petaction "Whispering Dawn" <p>
    You could probably combine the WD and Selenebuff macros to save space as well.

As for the AI thing, I feel like she's noticeably stupider in general in regards to STARTING to heal someone; it's taken as long as 5 seconds for her to notice "oh tank got hit with Mountain Buster", and that's on (knocked back) Place + "Free Stance". Can't say it feels any better on Place + Obey. But I haven't really paid too close attention to my fairy in extremes and turn5. Microing her is good for fights where you want to top off tank right after a big hit proactively, not reactively. Otherwise I kind of leave her to her own devices.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    As for the AI thing, I feel like she's noticeably stupider in general in regards to STARTING to heal someone; it's taken as long as 5 seconds for her to notice "oh tank got hit with Mountain Buster", and that's on (knocked back) Place + "Free Stance".
    I used to be able to make fairies heal me (WAR) when I would flip Defiance off and back on while we were standing around, but they don't seem to anymore. Does anyone know if they changed the initial HP% that they auto-heal at, or is it just this delay crap and my HP is ticking back up too quickly?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    oh, i'm late but

pretty sure i'm done with SCH until 2.2 except maybe like CT feet / PVP feet b ut meh

NOW FEATURING ONE DIRECTION HAIR
    Sucks that it still says average iLV is 90 even with Allagan book. Rounding up to iLV91 would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I used to be able to make fairies heal me (WAR) when I would flip Defiance off and back on while we were standing around, but they don't seem to anymore. Does anyone know if they changed the initial HP% that they auto-heal at, or is it just this delay crap and my HP is ticking back up too quickly?
    The threshold is still 80% but depending on the situation they just seem to be.....you know....retarded.

Idk what SE fucked up but I really hope it gets fixed.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Anyone care to enlighten me where I should be looking to go with SMN. About to hit 50. I've got another job that's pretty 'maxed' but this is my first caster. Have access to pretty much everything just looking for a priority order of aquisition. I'm sitting on 2k myths soooo right when I hit 50 I can go ahead and grab some afv2 as well. Other then relic what should I start looking for assuming I have access to most things.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

^SMN

Myth: hat -> gloves/body -> neck/ring/bracers
    Coil: legs/feet/belt
    Primals: ring/earring

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've only been able to get Selene (and Eos, but I was mostly testing with Selene) to chain cast Embrace in Free + Steady. There's a marked change in spamminess when I switch to Free + Guard (which seems to be the same for Embrace spam as Sic/Obey + Guard/Steady). Anyone find differently?

I'm only 35 if that matters, looking for the easiest ways to cheese healing with SCH. lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Sucks that it still says average iLV is 90 even with Allagan book. Rounding up to iLV91 would be nice.
    Gearsets are currently glitched when it comes to displaying the ilvl of the set. It'll still only display the weapon's ilvl if you've just been updating it unless you delete and redo the gearset to update it properly.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Gearsets are currently glitched when it comes to displaying the ilvl of the set. It'll still only display the weapon's ilvl if you've just been updating it unless you delete and redo the gearset to update it properly.
    He means the average ilv for when people making required ilv to join a group

Aka can't make a i91 only group

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    He means the average ilv for when people making required ilv to join a group

Aka can't make a i91 only group
    Oh right, derp. Carry on.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I think he means the *0090 and the "average item level" field on the stat screen.

However, if my math is right, my avg ilvl is 90.4 so it rounds down and QQ

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I think he means the *0090 and the "average item level" field on the stat screen.

However, if my math is right, my avg ilvl is 90.4 so it rounds down and QQ
    I want to say it probably rounds at .5 as well.. but ilvl is fucked. Explain this for example:

Spoiler: show

Huh.

Yea there is something fudged about that, should be 85 even, no rounding necessary.

80+90+90+90+90+90+70+80+90+70+90+90= 1020/12 = 85.0

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Looks like 1 of those items is calculated as 10 lvls below its listed ilvl.

My own gear is rounded up from 82.5 to 83.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I always just assumed there was a bit of weighting in the left vs right column for the average ilvl.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think I solved all the weirdness with the ilvl bullshit. I unequipped everything except my weapon and my ilvl was way too high, I was like something's off...

ilvl is floored at all times. There's no rounding up. When using a two handed weapon your weapon ilvl counts for main and offhand. Divide by 13.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I experienced the fairy coil t1 AI bug today, and I specifically took pains to avoid it.

I had Eos in Obey+Guard+Heel and made sure to walk as far away as possible (at the extreme edge of the playfield) to the back side of the snake arena. When I got there, as soon as I stopped moving, Eos immediately ran towards Caduceus.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by gaogaostegosaurus View Post
    I've only been able to get Selene (and Eos, but I was mostly testing with Selene) to chain cast Embrace in Free + Steady. There's a marked change in spamminess when I switch to Free + Guard (which seems to be the same for Embrace spam as Sic/Obey + Guard/Steady). Anyone find differently?

I'm only 35 if that matters, looking for the easiest ways to cheese healing with SCH. lol
    Sorry for the self-quote, but just wanted to offer some information in hopes that someone with some other information shares something as well.

As Spider-Dan said a page or so back you fairy will chaincast Embrace if in Free (not Obey or Sic). However, I've only been able to get it to consistently heal me at that rate (as defined by, it doesn't even look like the fairy GCD is over and Embrace starts getting cast again) if I'm in Free, but ALSO out of combat. It also seems that if my parties end combat with lowish life, the fairy will go wild trying to get them over 80%. But this is completely not useful for the majority of times where we want the fairy to heal as much as possible.

In-combat, I've never been able to trigger it while the fairy is set to Guard, but I periodically have it happen when I set it to Steady. I say periodically because I can't seem to get it to consistently behave that way even if I have it in Steady + Free, just that Steady + Free seems to be a requirement of whatever set of variables trigger the chaincast behavior. I've tried Placing it, Heeling it, Staying it, toggling Guard/Steady back and forth, but it seems to decide somehow by itself when chain Embrace is necessary.

I want to say movement might somehow trigger it, since sometimes if I change my position (while fairy is Heeled) it'll suddenly start up, but this doesn't happen all the time either.