View Poll Results: Vote for who you think Improved the most in two months! Posts of results start on page 29

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Myreality

1 2.78%
  • Cream Soda

21 58.33%
  • RKenshin

11 30.56%
  • Chrius

2 5.56%
  • Hatedregret

0 0%
  • JRonin

1 2.78%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

BG Fitness Competition! TIME TO VOTE BG!

It's time to start BG's first workout competition and as weird as that sounds, many many people are excited for it.

Start April 15th
    Update April 29th
    Update May 13th
    Update May 27th
    Finish June 10th

Its a competition on just how much one can improve, obviously there is no way to make this fair as everyone is different and those that have not worked out in a long time already have a major advantage compared to those that have been working out steadily.

It will still be based on Overall improvement in a 2 month period, Pictures of ones physique throughout the process is recommended also taking a picture of ones workout log is also recommended. Also would be cool to show what supplements everyone uses. Get measured, body fat, arms, legs, etc.... and we will all compare every 2 weeks. You don't have to put pictures up if you do not want to but try and put a picture of your workout log if you can at the very least.

Take note of others workouts and learn from each other. This is a way to motivate everyone to push themselves harder. And possibly win a free game or gift card at the end.

I will also see if a mod can put a poll up in the thread for BG members to vote on who is improving the most, then a final poll as a way to help determine the winner at the end.

This is by no means perfect but if anyone has any suggestions of what to fix/add/delete i am all ears as this is my first attempt at an internet fitness competition.

Also please do not use anything illegal. By illegal i mean what they would ban in any normal athletic competition.

Such as:
    Steroids
    Stimulants
    Anabolic Agents
    Diuretics
    Doping with Cream Sodas blood
    Street Drugs
    Peptide Hormones and Analogues

The rules are simple:

1. You need some type of photo confirmation of your workouts, a workout log is required and every two weeks you are to post your logs so we can judge your improvements. A self portrait with your log makes it all the better. I will post both to use as an example and suffer the judgement of others.

2. It's a competition and I expect people to be competitive, make comparisons, rivalries, etc.... But by no means is anyone allowed to make fun of another competitor. Everyone here is trying to change, gain, or lose something through this competition and we should all respect their efforts. (Yes i know its the Internet, but go somewhere else.)

3. Make at least ONE DAY a rest day. Where you do nothing but relax....go to the pool or something.

ProTips:

1. Warm up before you stretch.
    2. Stretch before you work out. Stretch everyday. Also learn to stretch properly.
    3. Workout large muscles before working smaller muscles.
    4. If your a beginner, take it slow and make and take 2 rest days.
    5. If your not a beginner make at least 1 rest day and 1 active rest day.
    6. Do not work out your abs everyday.
    7. Learn breathing techniques to better get through your workouts! Your body needs oxygen to get through your workouts. DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH! (Seriously)
    8. Learn how to run properly!
    9. Learn how to breathe properly while running properly!
    10. Take time to learn the proper weight lifting techniques even if you have to go down in weights.
    11. Get a foam roller.
    12. Eat Properly. (Throw out the soda, candy, junk foods, etc...at least for 2 months.)
    13. Sleeeeeepppppp
    14. Find a workout buddy
    15. Yoga (Love this)
    16. Pay attention to the aches and pains of your body.
    17. Do not masturbate 5 hours prior to going to the gym. Also don't masturbate afterwords while recovering. Masturbating/sex considerably lowers your testosterone in your system after the fact. You want as much in your system as possible.
    18. For the more experienced people, workout your legs twice a week. Leg workouts brings a surge of testosterone into your system which helps build muscle everywhere. There is a noticeable difference in growth when doing this. Heavy lift one day then make a light lift another day.
    19. Maxing yourself out for every set/rep is not the way to get stronger/better, reducing weights to get through your workout routine but still failing at the end of your reps will be better in the long run. You do not want to burn out at the beginning of your routine and then be unable to properly workout for the rest of your routine. (For example, I max out on Squats, become so tired i cannot properly workout on Extensions or lunges reducing my overall performance).
    20. Remember Lean Muscle burns calories better, longer, faster than just running. Running will burn calories just fine but will stop burning those calories the second your heart rate slows down. Find exercises that best fit your level that will help build lean muscle. Such as compound exercises.

Let me know if you think i should add anything here.

The current members participating are:

Nabent
    Chrius
    Rkenshin
    Cream Soda
    CS: Jon
    JRonin
    JR: Robert
    Fievel
    Myreality
    Pohibaba
    Hatedregret
    Gustave
    Meresgi
    AoE
    SephYuyX
    AidenCarby
    lolwut
    Sho
    Alduere
    Wulfgang
    thetruepandagod
    Ghaleon
    Plow
    Milkster
    LeahaS
    mafkr
    sunglass
    T-bear
    Asai
    Mo Gainz aka Dr. Muscles
    Lucavi 
    mafkr 
    Syntex
    Koul 
    Kononeko
    Stubby 

If your name is not on here please send me a PM.

For those of you not participating, go ahead and ask questions, give feedback (be kind or pretend to be). Compliment, critique, criticize, as long as it will be helpful to the person your directing it to, by all means share it.

That's all.....Have fun! Work hard! Learn something! Also prepare for second place!

Oh yea, do not work through injuries or else you will just exacerbate the problem. I learned this the hard way and can no longer run because of it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Warning: Very large pictures of a topless white guy.

I really need to redo these photo's need to find a friend to take pictures with better lighting. My back is a bit more defined then that. Among other things.

Spoiler: show

My routine stats/routine for the next 8 weeks.

stats

Routine

Supplments

Going to start tanning tomorrow so that should get rid of some water fat.....and add color...>.>

This is the website i am using to help me keep track of everything, plus information. It has video's of all workouts and techniques.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/

Ridill
    BG Level

I'll totally do this, but it's going to be like some Rocky shit.

My first big workout of the spring, courtesy of a giant thunderstorm in sub freezing temperatures:

The ice coating looked pretty fucking cool tho.

But yeah I guess I'll get some before pictures and measurements and shit, I got myself pretty far out of shape this winter.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

3. Make at least ONE DAY a rest day. Where you do nothing but relax....go to the pool or something.
    lol but I bike everywhere! There is no relaxation day.

It is time! (and sheesh, looking at these pics make me sad vs my January pics.)

Relaxed

Flexed

Jojo edition

Video entry.

Obviously there won't be these many and diff types of shots for the 2 weeks progress reports, but I'll do something similar for the finale
    http://youtu.be/bzHx0iDnIik

Measurements
    Weight: 156.4 lbs
    Waist: 29.5
    Hips: 37
    Arms: 14.25-14.5
    Forearm(so saddening, I only measured one of them): 10.5
    Calves(From the highest peak, but still a lot larger than what I thought considering how they they look in comparison to my upper body. Was quite surprised): 15~15.15 inches , 11.5 from the center, ignoring the “bulb”
    Quads: 23 inches
    Chest: 38.5 inches

Aside from lulforearms, not bad for 156 lbs

RKenshin may have me beat for now, but when he cuts down, we'll see who keeps their ass and who just had a bit of extra jiggle during their bulk!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    I'll totally do this, but it's going to be like some Rocky shit.

My first big workout of the spring, courtesy of a giant thunderstorm in sub freezing temperatures:

The ice coating looked pretty fucking cool tho.

But yeah I guess I'll get some before pictures and measurements and shit, I got myself pretty far out of shape this winter.
    Doesn't matter its getting started that counts. But you still have a good chance to compete.

Alright, I'm down for this. Apparently I'm already listed in the participants as "CS: alter ego JAMES". lol

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Looks like James had made his own account, lol.

Don't wory, he doesn't quite look like his avatar yet!

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Edit: Pics now working
    JRonin's pics. Mine will be up later

We do pull ups together

Be nice yeah? I hope this helps me stay motivated.

Measurements

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd like to reserve a spot!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

hmmm this could be interesting...but no way would I post pics like that hahaha

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    hmmm this could be interesting...but no way would I post pics like that hahaha
    Anything that shows improvement really. Could just wear a tank top and shorts. If you make large enough of a diff, tank top and shorts will have a noticeable diff in the results pics

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Celestial Cosmos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Whisperwind

I could be def interested in doing this, was going to start going on walks/doing some exercise dvds this week anyways. Also going to get the results of my thyroid test, so hopefully this week I can get on some meds for it. My Doc is thinking I have a hyperthyroid, but won't really know until she calls me, but long story short: I'm tired of being in pain all the time and want to loose weight/feel great! :D

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

My pics will be up tomorrow night, or Tuesday morning at the latest. Have an incredibly busy schedule until then so won't have time.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Signed up another RL friend

CS: Jon

JRonin has 2 of our buddies jumping on as well, not sure if they'll make accounts or if James will post for them

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I'm in guys

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

185.2 pounds

Pic above from about five minutes ago. I do Crossfit 3x a week and run 3x a week; going to try to step it up for this. Looking to lose ~10 pounds and work on becoming somewhat more svelte. I do no supplements other than whey protein shakes after workouts. Hopefully people aren't assholes here, I'm not exactly in the greatest shape of my life.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

ready for some gains

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Not super happy about pics going up either but it's part of it. I only use a daily multivitamin and take fish oil since I have never eaten seafood. Started working out Jan 1st this year. 6'0 200 Pounds.

Talked my woman into competing with us too.

Have some fat man photos.

Measurements to start

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'll post something tomorrow evening when I get settled. Long weekend and Mondays are usually the busiest for me. Won't start my routine til Tuesday but I'll post all of that in due time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast