Page 1 of 263 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

nvm found them

THFONRY
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

No fancy title?

which flower pot and which crystals for gardening flame geode ?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If you assume the same formula as elemental ores, which seems reasonable, you have to guess on seed....

Random guess: brass flowerpot, cactus stems, fire crystal x2, harvest on firesday.

I'm sure it will take a month and only 1/10 pots will give one. Hope you aren't expecting something magical.

edit Hey Look at that

thank you, last time I checked wikia havent see the flame geode

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

anyone got dats for avatar's to be less glowing to stop lag?

THFONRY
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Embrava isn't being nerfed on this coming updated, correct or unknown?

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It will be changed to the newer version in Meeble Burrows, but it won't be altered elsewhere until the other various content adjustments are decided upon.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    It will be changed to the newer version in Meeble Burrows, but it won't be altered elsewhere until the other various content adjustments are decided upon.
    Their comments also suggested that the Embrava changes will only be applicable in new Meebles (from the Batallia burrows, I guess).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    Their comments also suggested that the Embrava changes will only be applicable in new Meebles (from the Batallia burrows, I guess).
    Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Both translations are essentially equivalent and imply the same thing, that it will be all of Meeble Burrows, not just the new expeditions. Maybe you're confused because the timing was intended to be when the new expeditions were added? Just want to make sure people are aware of this because you still have a couple days to do Umagrhk or Samursk with un-nerfed Embrava.
    posted in update maint thread

Can you hit both rampart NMs on F3 of ZR2?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I feel like I know the answer to this, but I want to be sure. For Arch Omega/ultima, the fragment you get from the previous floor does not have to be in your Key items list to be able to enter the Arch fight correct? Having the key item is just needed by the person buying the chip from the npc. So, if you did the previous floor with 18 people (lol) you could spend the next 18 days popping Omega/Ultima assuming you had the ABCs to do so, right?

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Delain View Post
    I feel like I know the answer to this, but I want to be sure. For Arch Omega/ultima, the fragment you get from the previous floor does not have to be in your Key items list to be able to enter the Arch fight correct? Having the key item is just needed by the person buying the chip from the npc. So, if you did the previous floor with 18 people (lol) you could spend the next 18 days popping Omega/Ultima assuming you had the ABCs to do so, right?
    Correct, all you need is for anyone in ally to have used a chip.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    John Blaze
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You are correct. As long as 1 person can buy the chip needed to enter.. Everyone else just needs soap and cards to enter

EDIT: Bah beaten by seconds

What ideal sets should I be aiming for on SAM with Kantonotachi? I've got Neo-Nyzul gear to use, but no rose strap (one of the reasons I'm not doing Masamune soon).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Anyone have any suggestions for minimum number and setup to be able to hit up most NMs and NQ/HQ cerberus boss in Bhaflau Remnants II? We tried it as whm/rdm, sam/war, nin/dnc, and thf/dnc, was able to hit up most NMs but ended up having 20 mins left on cerberus and ended up passing him and timing out and wiping to Cerberus Seether at 41% due to no mp for whm and time out.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I've done every non-exclusive NM and both bosses on BRII as WHM/SCH + MNK/WAR + THF/WAR.

I hit every single NM including Cerb + Seether consistently with just 3 people. We even farm both ramparts fully so it might just be you need to familiarize yourself with the zone more. We use MNK/WAR, THF/WAR, WHM/BLM (/SCH would be better but don't have it). Set up a skillchain and use it consistently throughout the run and things will die a lot faster. We often do Exenterator <> Shijin Spiral, Mandalic Stab <> Victory Smite, or Rudra's Storm <> Asuran Fists depending on who I get for my MNK. Unless your SAM has Murasamemaru it means without a skillchain you are doing almost no magic damage on Cerb and that's a big no-no. I'd take a MNK and just do Formless or a DRK with Twilight. Don't have all 3 of your melees massively feed TP to Cerb, obviously if you're doing that a single WHM isn't going to be able to keep up especially if he starts spamming AoEs. If your WHM has a bad idle set they will run out of MP very easily (Also recommend getting refresh sanction).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I duo Bhaflau II every day as DRK/SAM + WHM/THF clearing all 6 NMs and clearing one side of 3F machinery.

1F: WHM gets spellcasting, mp, mnd, DRK gets everything else. Go west, kill one Wamouracampa (I kill 2nd so I have more room to kite Wamoura if necessary); kill at least one Wamoura (I kill a second if the unlocks miss the DRK); kill second moblin to pop THF NM; kill Dahak to pop Dahak NM. If you have HP unlocked on DRK you can just kill em normally, but if not, you want to keep the number of buffs on the DRK low to avoid getting 1-shotted by Nullsong. Silencing it helps, but you still want to play it safe.

2F: I kill SE and NE trolls in the central area to unlock remaining SJ/JA/MA, open east door to pop DRK NM to the north, kill one of the DRK trolls to the east if DRK hasn't unlocked STR yet, head southeast to MNK troll NM.

3F: Skip everything until you get to the large room to the west of central area; kill 3 gears to pop rampart; kill rampart to pop the 100% alex gears, kill and go up.

4F: Kill both gears in the first room at the same time to pop NM; use all your shit on it to kill it fast, else you can potentially waste a lot of time if it spams 6k+ Restorals; kill or skip chariot depending on time remaining, it's not a big loss, low droprate on pouch; kill both Acroliths to pop NM. Make sure you wait for all your JAs to be ready before opening the last door; you want tp ready with Sekkanoki, Souleater, LR, Endark, spikes, etc. You have two minutes to kill the three gears to pop the NQ Cerberus, easy if you prepare and don't fuck around, easy to fail if you dick around.

Cerberuses: People have argued whether or not PDT gear is useful for this; personally, I can maintain capped haste / 5-hit on my OAT GSD with 25% PDT / capped MDT, so I see no reason not to. Regardless, you definitely want to wear it until the rampart dies. Barparalyzra/Barfira/Boost-STR/Auspice/Regen4 at all times will make your life a lot easier. Stick to Cure3 spam, Cure5 if necessary; Cure4 will get your WHM killed if you take too long to kill it (ergo, spams Hoplon). Once it hits 60%, be ready to switch to TwiScythe as soon as it Hoplons or hits 50%, whichever comes first. Once you switch to Scythe, it's a good idea to store 300 TP for Infernal Scythe (9 minutes of -25% attack), then spam whatever WS works best for you; I don't have Entropy, so I use Guillotine (I'm no career DRK, but it consistently parses better than every other WS I have, YMMV lol). I usually save Blood Weapon for the Seether; You can knock 20% off with it if you set it up right. I save up to ~150% tp, then use Nether Void > Dark Seal > Last Resort > Seigan > Weapon Bash > Third Eye > Drain II > Hasso > Sekkanoki > Souleater > WS x2 > Blood Weapon. Wrecks it up pretty good.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 263 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast