• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

MLB Fantasy Discussion aka "Votto is the Only Red Worth Taking"

Since the Marlins are dumb and traded a 2nd baseman in his prime that hits a ton of home runs for a bag of balls and Omar Infante... and apparently this years GM meetings are more active than usual.

Have at it.

Well, the Mets are calling Backman, Tim Collins, Chip Hale and Bob Melvin for a second round of interviews to be completely hopefully before Thanksgiving. So maybe we'll have more information on the way the team is looking to proceed with Beltran/Pagan, Perez and Castillo.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Hell yes, finally some power in the line-up.

In response to Aki in the last thread, I think Diaz is gone anyway, although I have always liked him too.

Diaz always seems to club Santana, so I'm not complaining.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I've always loved Diaz. Given a chance to play everyday, he's a .300 hitter.

Plus he's the clubhouse jokester and keeps everyone loose.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hey, the voters got it right. Some of the comments are priceless.

Gratz, Felix. Nice to see the Mariners get some good news, particularly after Neihaus' passing last week.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Good to see. Hopefully the NL mvp won't be fubar'd when that gets announced.

E. Body
    BG Level

And all the idiots screaming "BBWAA ONLY VOTES FOR WIN-LOSS RECORD, IT'S CRAP" are proven completely wrong. 167 points to David Price's 111, wasn't even close.

edit: great article by Pete Abraham on why he voted the way he did: http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...elix_wins.html

I swear to God, you people don't give enough credit to sports writers.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Hey, the voters got it right. Some of the comments are priceless.

Gratz, Felix. Nice to see the Mariners get some good news, particularly after Neihaus' passing last week.
    He totally deserves it. If the Mariners didn't have a shitty bullpen and shitty run support, he'd have a LOT more wins.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm surprised Felix won so easily to be honest, I thought the voting would be a lot closer. I'm also a bit shocked that Cliff Lee got such little support, I figured he should have at least been in the top 5.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Yankees apparently signed Rafael DePaula. I have wood.

http://www.vimeo.com/5265661

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Saga View Post
    And all the idiots screaming "BBWAA ONLY VOTES FOR WIN-LOSS RECORD, IT'S CRAP" are proven completely wrong. 167 points to David Price's 111, wasn't even close.

edit: great article by Pete Abraham on why he voted the way he did: http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...elix_wins.html

I swear to God, you people don't give enough credit to sports writers.
    Yeah that guy who voted for Tabata for ROY and left Posey/Heyward off the ballot is certainly deserving of praise

Felix deserved it, he utterly dominated every category except wins. Lets not act like this is some great statistical revolution

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Yeah that guy who voted for Tabata for ROY and left Posey/Heyward off the ballot is certainly deserving of praise

Felix deserved it, he utterly dominated every category except wins. Lets not act like this is some great statistical revolution
    Yes, because one stupid voter makes the entire BBWAA a bunch of stupid voters.

They got the AL Cy Young right. Give them credit instead of pointing out one extreme example (Pirates beat reporter Dejan Kovacevic) to prove a point. 80 to 90 percent of the BBWAA know their shit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

You're right, the BBWAA has joined the late 20th century in the field of statistical analysis.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Seriously, are you related to a BBWAA writer or something? The idea that they all "know their shit" is absurd, they're writers. Their job is to cover the team and sell newspapers or generate hits on websites, many of them lack even a basic understanding of sabermetrics. Yes, congratulations, they managed to realize that Felix dominated every meaningful statistic except wins pitching for a team whose offense ranked as the worst ever in the DH era. Let's apologize for ever doubting them!

Also lol @ you quoting Peter Abraham as a bastion of writer intelligence, he of the "The Yankees will never win with A-rod, he doesn't help the team" infamy

I am happy that writers voted for Felix. It's a step forward. A lot of them still have an embarrassing lack of forward thinking about baseball and hold biased, unfounded grudges against certain players which should really be above them.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The clear high point of the Marlins' offseason is trading a former phenom for a situational lefty they hope can improve to replacement level. Discuss.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

At least we (still) have Mike Stanton.

I better not jinx it.

Ugh

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Little late but I am glad they got the AL CY Young correct.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Apparently the trade of Uggla to Atl was to clear space to sign Javier Vazquez.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Comments on the articles about Felix winning the Cy Young are amazing. I'm not sure if it's mostly just retarded Yankees homers or if its indicative of baseball fans in general.

I'm pretty happy that Gardenhire won an award and got a contract extension.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast