1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 12 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 163 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Second part of Duty Honor Country is destroying me

If it is the 2nd fight that you are having problems on, then stand by the entrance and wait for the bard to show up. Just hold out as long as possible.

If it is the first part, just work with Olwyn (sp?) on his adds before fighting other mobs.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

messed around creating characters yesterday and noobing it up around ul'dah and gridania. funniest quest dialogue i saw what some guy wanting to know fashionable color for clothing, and one girl saying "once you go black, you never go back" haha.

going to create one more in the third area then pick something to level up.

first impression is game looks beautiful on ps3, interface is ok, took a little getting used to but is going to be fine once i customize it some. map is terrible, i hate hate hate it. finding destinations that aren't on the current map isn't intuitive at all.

quest system is pure WoW clone to me (with the admission that I only ever played vanilla WoW many years ago), almost detracts from the immersion. not to mention how degrading some of the starter quests are. pick this up off the ground for me, etc. really dislike the quest markers over NPCs heads, turns the game into one long fetch chain at the expense of ignoring everything else.

i think i did one quest with a soloable instance fight that was marginally better, hoping the story improves as you level/explore as that is the main attraction for me.

too early to say much about combat, although at first glance it seems like there are much fewer spells and abilities than XI, haven't seen party play at all, just a FATE i was too low level for.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Copperbell Mines was the most fun I had in ARR so far. I hope the other dungeons can match it.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by popsiclestix View Post
    If it is the 2nd fight that you are having problems on, then stand by the entrance and wait for the bard to show up. Just hold out as long as possible.

If it is the first part, just work with Olwyn (sp?) on his adds before fighting other mobs.
    Yeah it's the second fight. I didn't know someone came to save the day lol. Should be easy enough to keep sleeping the demon then

To those who managed to try both the PC and PS3 versions, would you suggest playing ARR on console instead of a low-end (like, 2 years old) pc?

I know I'm going to really miss having a keyboard, but they really optimized controls for the ps3, or at least that's the impression they gave me.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Anyone know how to move the UI in the ps3 version for the chat log? I can't find that option.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

what lvl do we get access to leaves?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    what lvl do we get access to leaves?
    @10

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Just made a character on PS3 on Coeurl.
    Seems fun so far! Having to get used to playing on a console again

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I hope they somehow allow us to resize the hotbars. They take up too much space as it is. Though I suppose this is something that add-ons might be able to handle.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    @10
    am i broken? am level 12 and no more quest markers anyware. leave guy tells me to talk to girl but nothing

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Been playing on PS3. I had played a bit of the very first beta for the previous version of the game and wasn't too impressed. This is MUCH better. I realize a lot of the stuff carries over but the stuff they improved seems very smart. The game is beautiful and fun so far, the only problem I have is that it's so easy... nothing has even come close to killing me yet, but I hope that changes.

Honestly, this is so much fun that I kind of want to buy the game...orz

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Been playing on PS3. I had played a bit of the very first beta for the previous version of the game and wasn't too impressed. This is MUCH better. I realize a lot of the stuff carries over but the stuff they improved seems very smart. The game is beautiful and fun so far, the only problem I have is that it's so easy... nothing has even come close to killing me yet, but I hope that changes.
    What level are you? Some of the story quests/class quests can be challenging at first if you're not at the max level for them. I'm playing THM and getting cure at level 10 almost seems like a requirement. If you don't expect to struggle in certain battles, yet players aren't led to Gridania until 15 so a lot of people won't have cure by then. You have to remember they can't make this early content super difficult because people new to MMOs have to be able to get passed it otherwise they'll get fed up and leave.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I haven't been this impressed by a game in a very long time. Everything just seems so fluid. Of course, there's still improvements to be made, but this has huge promise.

Now I need to decide whether it's better to keep my lv40 lancer from 1.0 or just start over on one of the new servers at release...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    To those who managed to try both the PC and PS3 versions, would you suggest playing ARR on console instead of a low-end (like, 2 years old) pc?

I know I'm going to really miss having a keyboard, but they really optimized controls for the ps3, or at least that's the impression they gave me.
    The load times made me stop playing. If there was some mild entertainment in between zoning, then I wouldn't mind.

Zoning, the low quality in animation during fights, and sometimes it is frustrating to close/open a window when you don't know the controls that well are the only gripes I have with PS3. Low end 2 years is probably better off on PS3. I have a high end 3 year old and it plays very well on PC.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Demenic View Post
    I haven't been this impressed by a game in a very long time. Everything just seems so fluid. Of course, there's still improvements to be made, but this has huge promise.

Now I need to decide whether it's better to keep my lv40 lancer from 1.0 or just start over on one of the new servers at release...
    lol just start over. Unles you have lvl 50 cap erything/crafting Aint worth it

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Is there a way to see the improvements a gear would make? I know there was an add-on for this in WoW. It shows def and magic def increase, but I wanna know about if I'll get more MND or INT and what not.

Also does crit hit rate affect spells as well?

and how do we gain shards/crystals?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Is there a way to see the improvements a gear would make? I know there was an add-on for this in WoW. It shows def and magic def increase, but I wanna know about if I'll get more MND or INT and what not.

Also does crit hit rate affect spells as well?

and how do we gain shards/crystals?
    I've only gained shards from quests so far. No Crystals or Clusters. I *might* have received some shards from killing earth elementals too.

Someone mentioned it before but on PC the UI can be really hard to see at times, and I didn't even start in Ul'dah (I imagine the deserts make it really bad).

On a 1920x1080 screen a lot of the UI elements are actually too small really, the status effect icons are like...well put it this way I forgot where I moved them to and I actually had to look for it when using sprint. I have to squint to actually read the timers on the icons and the laser light show that is combat certainly doesn't help.

They desperately need to add an adjustable darkened background/shadow to the UI, I sure as fuck wouldn't want to be playing a healer the way it is now.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

I've gotten shards outside Limsa Lominsa from the wind elementals.