1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A question about 2.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

A question about 2.0

Hey, I haven't played since just after launch, but I can only assume many people are now rich as fuck. Also, I assume many people have every job at 50.

So I have 2 questions.

1. Will SE make content mainly for people at max level, making 1-50 a silly grind with no content? Or will they add things like BCNMs and RSE type quests like in XI to tide new players over? I realize FFXI didn't have much content outside from interesting zones (It was a huge adventure to get to new exp zones, get your Kazham pass, etc, but there wasnt much to do but level, but that was alright in XI)

2. The more important question is the economy. There's surely players with billions of gil right now. In the few weeks I played, I'm pretty sure I'm sitting at 5-10million. If SE lets players keep their characters for 2.0, won't this kind of ruin everything? Money will have no value in the newly made game, even if they make some type of high level gil sink, like a ridiculously large amount of gil to enter a Dynamis-type area, that'd exclude any new players from endgame content because they dont have that kind of disposable gil.

So is there any plans to somehow remedy that?

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

A. Body
    BG Level

1: Low level dungeons already exist, but there aren't as many as you might like. I guess the simple answer is they've already made low-level content, they plan on making more, and that's all we know for sure. (Side note: just lvling was NOT alright in FFXI. It was a slog and the more we distance ourselves from it, the better.)

2: Why do you think money will have no value just because everyone is keeping their characters? Anyway, I solo all the time, so if I didn't get it from a leve, quest, or vendor, I don't have it. The only exception was buying some stacks of chakram from the market and that was still around the same as NPC prices might have been. No one will care about gear until you start PTing, which won't necessarily happen until you hit 50. When you hit 50, there will be so many ways to get gear that doesn't involve gil that I'm not sure the economy will eat itself. Again though, I don't know and don't have to care.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Additionally, there will be new servers so if you're really worried about skewed economy you can always start there.