BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Recovering an Account via Notarized Form

Hello! Recently one of my accounts was hacked and I have still not been able to get it back because I do not have the REG codes for it, but I have all the other information so SE sent me a notarized form. Here is the thing though: I am not the original owner, as it was my friends account and the form asks for the name on the account. Now to get this notarized do I have to put his name or my name, my name is not on the account. Can anyone help me out? Anyone experience a similar situation?

his name, you're shit out of luck if you aren't committing fraud or can't contact him

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

he's deceased.

that sucks bro

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah, I don't know what to do, all my stuff is on there, 17m a lot of equip as well...

Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukenXI View Post
    Hello! Recently one of my accounts was hacked and I have still not been able to get it back because I do not have the REG codes for it, but I have all the other information so SE sent me a notarized form. Here is the thing though: I am not the original owner, as it was my friends account and the form asks for the name on the account. Now to get this notarized do I have to put his name or my name, my name is not on the account. Can anyone help me out? Anyone experience a similar situation?
    Maybe if you can get him/her to sign it and some how explain why it does not match other possible info. As far as I know, the whole point of notarizing is to prove you ARE that person. Perhaps your friend can continue the reclaiming process or use the character reactivation for you and then give it back?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

you're shit out of luck. can't do anything about it because you can't get it notarized if you're not him. unless you can pay the notary person to lie which i doubt you could pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Stowastiq View Post
    Maybe if you can get him/her to sign it and some how explain why it does not match other possible info.
    If he pulls that off I'd like to hear about it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

PlayOnline's use policy says accounts are not transferrable between people. Since you aren't the name on the account, and that name can't be changed, you're out of luck recovering it since the original owner of the account is dead. That account is lost.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Stowastiq View Post
    Maybe if you can get him/her to sign it and some how explain why it does not match other possible info. As far as I know, the whole point of notarizing is to prove you ARE that person. Perhaps your friend can continue the reclaiming process or use the character reactivation for you and then give it back?
    I'd like to see a supposedly deceased person sign it and continue the reclaiming process.

@OP: Your only chance is if this was a RL friend whose house you can go to (his/her parent's house) and hope that the FFXI Booklets are still around somewhere. Or you can keep calling/trying the online chat thing and hope they will let you PW reset without the Registration codes. AFAIK, if you mark them as lost they will flag the account as not having them, and you do not need to provide them; however, as soon as they are provided they will be required thereafter.

Edit: Also, it was not a good idea to ask for the notary when you didn't know the details of it. The whole point of the notary is to prove you are the person whose name is on the account...

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbers View Post
    I'd like to see a supposedly deceased person sign it and continue the reclaiming process.

@OP: Your only chance is if this was a RL friend whose house you can go to (his/her parent's house) and hope that the FFXI Booklets are still around somewhere. Or you can keep calling/trying the online chat thing and hope they will let you PW reset without the Registration codes. AFAIK, if you mark them as lost they will flag the account as not having them, and you do not need to provide them; however, as soon as they are provided they will be required thereafter.

Edit: Also, it was not a good idea to ask for the notary when you didn't know the details of it. The whole point of the notary is to prove you are the person whose name is on the account...
    Nah, I wouldnt want to ask his parents to look through the house. As far as asking for the notary, All I did was provide the information I had, they asked me when and where I was last logged off and then they said the account will be locked and a notarized form will be sent. I guess I can just keep trying with the information I have until I find a nice POL rep

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You're boned. If you are not the original owner of the account you cannot do anything.

They go by the name on the account when it was opened.

Also, Square-Enix does not tolerate transfers of accounts even in the situation of death.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vega Castro
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Friend of mine was able to get his notarized and it wasnt his account, just have to find a lame notary in one of those 99 cent stores or deli's. They will do anything for a few bucks more. Some don't check ID as well, just gotta scout. If your in NYC, i can definitely tell you one notary that does this.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

As was already stated, you would have to pretend to be the original account owner and find a notary who is willing to say that the signature is accurate even though it is fraudulent.

Sorry, but SE's policy is that all accounts are non-transferrable so there is no way around this other than lying.

Edit: Or you can forge the notarization. Wow, this is starting to sound really bad.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah that is all kinds of illegal.

Welcome to a 1 year prison sentence for felony forgery.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sorry for bump

If you really wanna recover the account you could always become a notary publc for your state.....

User was infracted for this post.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

just sign the form and send it

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Can someone explain why people are bumping threads lately?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So if you legally change your name for any reason; be it marry, witness protection, etc. Your out of luck then?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Hanyoko View Post
    So if you legally change your name for any reason; be it marry, witness protection, etc. Your out of luck then?
    Changing your name would have a paper trail. You would send documents showing that.

Also what the fuck 4 month bump.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast