+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Chihayafuru ep 25 was particularly amazing, and that's not saying little considering most of the show was great. I really hope we're going to get a sequel, because it's not a story I'm willing to drop here.

Damn son, Nichibros just got deep.

I wonder where the manga of Chihayafuru is up to, I've been tempted to read it since like episode 5.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Unless there are chapters scanned that haven't been put up on a viewing site yet, it's up to chapter 27 which is when Chihaya is facing off against the Queen and finally started taking cards against her.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

But that happened in anime some time ago? Or is it another match.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Chihayafuru ep 25 was particularly amazing, and that's not saying little considering most of the show was great. I really hope we're going to get a sequel, because it's not a story I'm willing to drop here.
    When was the last time you said that and it actually turned out like you wished it to :/

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    When was the last time you said that and it actually turned out like you wished it to :/
    That's exactly what I was thinking when I wrote my post, but I'm sure they will get it right this time!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

In all seriousness, it seem to be original TV series that suffer from the 2nd season syndrome. The one that are based on a manga and keep the same formula usually get it right.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Persona 4:
    Spoiler: show

The lack of the usage of Izanagi no Ookami and the fact that between the Amanosagiri's defeat to the ending sequence felt like such a huge ass gap kinda implies that there is still good chance for true ending sequence as OVA or DVD/BD bonus, was fairly enjoyable though, at least felt a shitload more epic than when I finished the game, Yoshitsune ruins everything

Also, after watching the ending sequence, rewatch it again with this on the background starting at 15:43

Edit: apparently the true end is coming out on BD10 on 8/22

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    But that happened in anime some time ago? Or is it another match.
    It happened some time ago, I forget which episode in particular, but somewhere around the 15's I think.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Persona 4:
    Can't wait to see Margaret fight animated! :O

Holy shit @ Mirai Nikki. I'm a bit late to the party but I'm quite amused with the explanation at the very least. Funny thing was I started the episode going "Yukki the world is about to end and YOU'RE SCARED OF TAKING A BATH TOGETHER" and he actually does more than that, so I'm pretty damn content.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Persona 4:

The lack of the usage of Izanagi no Ookami and the fact that between the Amanosagiri's defeat to the ending sequence felt like such a huge ass gap kinda implies that there is still good chance for true ending sequence as OVA or DVD/BD bonus, was fairly enjoyable though, at least felt a shitload more epic than when I finished the game, Yoshitsune ruins everything

Also, after watching the ending sequence, rewatch it again with this on the background starting at 15:43

Edit: apparently the true end is coming out on BD10 on 8/22
    God damn that's a long wait. But it will be worth it, so very worth it.

Last episode was great, and way more epic than the game.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

of the ones that aired their full run which would you recommend picking up?

Of the top of my head

Chihahafuru: Shoujo anime about Karuta... yeah, doesn't sound interesting at all but it's the best shoujo show I've seen in a long time with great characters. It's very heart warming and entertaining to watch. I never knew Karuta could be so badass.

Persona 4: Great adaptation that sometimes falls a little flat with the animation sometimes, but the pacing is great, so is the music and characters etc. It's worth watching whether you've played the game or not.

Daily Lives of Highschool Boys: Funny show that is oddly relate-able in certain skits. General comedy along the lines of Nichijou (though less crazy and manic).

Another: Part horror/mystery, part gore, part comedy (the last being an unintended consequence of the first two). Starts off slow, and week by week it can get frustrating, but eventually everything gets revealed and the show becomes a lot better.

Nisemonogatari: Only if you watched (and liked) Bakemonogatari

I also recommend Rinne no Lagrange and Mouretsu Pirates, both have their issues (too close to home/school, not enough adventuring) but are really solid shows, though they aren't exactly finished yet. Symphogear is trash, avoid it. I hated Ano Natsu for being stupid (I mean, really, really stupid) but a few others liked it so better ask them about it. Black Rock Shooter is interesting but weird/stupid at the same time. The 3D animation parts/fights are cool but the story is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Of the top of my head

Chihahafuru: Shoujo anime about Karuta... yeah, doesn't sound interesting at all but it's the best shoujo show I've seen in a long time with great characters. It's very heart warming and entertaining to watch. I never knew Karuta could be so badass.

Persona 4: Great adaptation that sometimes falls a little flat with the animation sometimes, but the pacing is great, so is the music and characters etc. It's worth watching whether you've played the game or not.

Daily Lives of Highschool Boys: Funny show that is oddly relate-able in certain skits. General comedy along the lines of Nichijou (though less crazy and manic).

Another: Part horror/mystery, part gore, part comedy (the last being an unintended consequence of the first two). Starts off slow, and week by week it can get frustrating, but eventually everything gets revealed and the show becomes a lot better.

Nisemonogatari: Only if you watched (and liked) Bakemonogatari

I also recommend Rinne no Lagrange and Mouretsu Pirates, both have their issues (too close to home/school, not enough adventuring) but are really solid shows, though they aren't exactly finished yet. Symphogear is trash, avoid it. I hated Ano Natsu for being stupid (I mean, really, really stupid) but a few others liked it so better ask them about it. Black Rock Shooter is interesting but weird/stupid at the same time. The 3D animation parts/fights are cool but the story is dumb.
    My thoughts exactly cept I liked Another less, Rinne and Lagrange more, and I watched and loved Kill Me Baby and didn't watch BRS.

So essentially a giant +1 from me to Ulmega's summary.