• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread

Anyone dealt with a missing package from Newegg before?

So I ordered an ATI 6870 a week ago after making a post in the question thread about graphic cards, it was supposed to show up last Thursday...but hasn't yet. When I check the tracking number though through UPS it says it was delivered to front porch. I've checked with people who live here and no one picked up the package, and I know my past 2 packages from Newegg were just left out on the porch when dropped off by UPS.

So either they misplaced it at their warehouse, delivered it and put it somewhere I can't figure out where, or it was swiped off my porch before I got home from work and classes.

So what are the odds that Newegg will actually send me a replacement or am I just out the $170 I dropped on this thing? I have a long standing history with Newegg and have spent upwards of $4000 with them as a customer if they value that sort of thing. A family member told me that UPS will deny that it was misplaced, as they had an issue that was similar years and years ago up in New York.

From now on I think i'm going to set it up to require a signature over a certain dollar amount >_<

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I have no experience with this exact situation except for giving Newegg a shitload of business and they've always been really cool about any problems or questions, although I haven't dealt with a missing package. My first thought was that this is more of a UPS situation than a Newegg situation, but your relative's experience doesn't sound too great. I'd say go ahead and give Newegg an email either way, you sound prepared already for the worst that can happen. They might just send you on to UPS.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You tell Newegg, they ship you new card, they deal with UPS.

Don't even believe it was ever at your door. Tracking for me has shown front porch but was; at neighbors, dropped off next day, popped up across the country as the next line and made it way back, sitting there and actually required a signature.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I've had the same situation happen with me years ago but with a $30 DVD burner. As mentioned before, its between UPS and newegg now. You just have to contact them and start the simple process. For me i just contacted Newegg, live chatted with a rep, answered a few questions and then they sent a replacement. Afterward I did find out my mom did grab the package off the porch after saying she didnt. I ended up with two drives.

Well I contacted them and told them what had happened today, they said they would file a claim with UPS and send a replacement after 7-10 business days. So hopefully they keep their word and send me a replacement.

So an update. I got a new card sent to me finally...but Newegg now tells me I can't get the mail in rebate ($30) because the manufacturer doesn't accept rebates for replacement items. I asked them "So you're telling me because you lost my package through UPS it cost me $30 on top of it being a week late?". All they can do is apologize apparently....I guess Microcenter just scored a new customer.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That is complete bullshit, at the very least newegg should eat the $30.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    So I ordered an ATI 6870 a week ago after making a post in the question thread about graphic cards, it was supposed to show up last Thursday...but hasn't yet. When I check the tracking number though through UPS it says it was delivered to front porch. I've checked with people who live here and no one picked up the package, and I know my past 2 packages from Newegg were just left out on the porch when dropped off by UPS.

So either they misplaced it at their warehouse, delivered it and put it somewhere I can't figure out where, or it was swiped off my porch before I got home from work and classes.

So what are the odds that Newegg will actually send me a replacement or am I just out the $170 I dropped on this thing? I have a long standing history with Newegg and have spent upwards of $4000 with them as a customer if they value that sort of thing. A family member told me that UPS will deny that it was misplaced, as they had an issue that was similar years and years ago up in New York.

From now on I think i'm going to set it up to require a signature over a certain dollar amount >_<
    UPS is complete and utter shit. I had a phone delivered to me a year ago for manufacturers warranty.... The guy showed up at my door, I told him to return to sender since I didn't want it since I found another phone from a friend for free... he told me no problem. Month later... get a $500 charge on my VZW bill since I never sent back the old phone or the new one back... after 4 months of saying I have it back UPS driver... the UPS did an investigation and found out its employee just threw the fucking phone into a corner of their warehouse to collect dust. Never will use UPS again.

As much as I like the ease of ordering off Newegg, Microcenter has 99% of their shit at a lower cost anyways. I stuck with them because they treated me right but after this shit i'm burned. and yeah UPS is garbage, I used to work for them during the holiday season as a driver assistant, they had me dropping off $800 boxes of electronics and other stuff on peoples porches and just leaving it there because of how overworked the drivers are. I don't blame the drivers fully on all the shit they do wrong, because most of them have to do that shit or they get their asses canned by the higher ups.