1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 31 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 163 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Someone mentioned it before but on PC the UI can be really hard to see at times, and I didn't even start in Ul'dah (I imagine the deserts make it really bad).

On a 1920x1080 screen a lot of the UI elements are actually too small really, the status effect icons are like...well put it this way I forgot where I moved them to and I actually had to look for it when using sprint. I have to squint to actually read the timers on the icons and the laser light show that is combat certainly doesn't help.

They desperately need to add an adjustable darkened background/shadow to the UI, I sure as fuck wouldn't want to be playing a healer the way it is now.
    The status icons really need to be adjustable like you said, as well as being able to size the hot/crossbars. Moving the chat log around is also something that needs to be implemented.

Has anyone who played P2 Archer tried it out in P3? They had said they switched some abilities and stuff around, wanted to know if at low levels if the combos are any better. Pug is awesome so far, "style" wise they do need to work on healing wind but otherwise I am really digging it.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Is there anywhere I can purchase an Orange Juice from an NPC?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Best port from XI to XIV is Qiqirns, no contest.

I'm also loving that there is a PIE stat. Pie is delicious.

I am a bit confused about 'claiming' in this game, it seems there's claimshare involved. People have often come up and started stabbing mobs I was attacking. Is that normal for this game? I understand it's a nice mechanic for the FATE stuff, so everyone can get in on that, but why regular mobs?

@miokomioko: I've been wanting to ask ,wtf is your sig from. I must have this animation.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post

I am a bit confused about 'claiming' in this game, it seems there's claimshare involved. People have often come up and started stabbing mobs I was attacking. Is that normal for this game? I understand it's a nice mechanic for the FATE stuff, so everyone can get in on that, but why regular mobs?

@miokomioko: I've been wanting to ask ,wtf is your sig from. I must have this animation.
    To help? I often help people if i see they got a couple on them and are low health or something. I'll just help burn the mobs down.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

what are allagan bronze piece for and if they're worth, where can i exchange them for items?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by supercoco View Post
    what are allagan bronze piece for and if they're worth, where can i exchange them for items?
    Tin are worth 25, Bronze are worth 100. Their only purpose is for vending, and they're commonly employed as an alternative to gear from quests as well as loot from chests in dungeons.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    PS3 users, I've figured out how to make the chat box bigger. Hit the start button, then L1+R3 to activate mouse mode, then hover over the top right corner of chat log, hit L2 and drag to how you like it. You'll have to readjust your HUD so things aren't overlapping.
    I am getting into mouse mode but I don't see the actual mouse anywhere... what am I clearly doing wrong?

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

That's normal and common for modern MMOs. It helps so people don't have to compete for quest mobs.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

My vote is for the treant saplings I just came across out in La Noscea.

90% of the time, I attack other people's mobs if I need the kill for my hunting log or quest. As long as you log enough hate on a target, you get credit/exp/drops/keyitems from the kill regardless of who claimed/killed it. When a place is swarmed with people killing off shit for these reasons, I usually try to claim/attack as many as I can since everyone else will kill them off and give me credit.

Someone else asked this a day or two ago and it was lost in the live letter excitement, but I came across it on some random tumblr ( http://kamiineko.tumblr.com/ )that posts a ton of nice anime-related images/gifs. [edit] I just scrounged it up, and it's an anime called Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

With the claiming thing being true, what happens do you think if someone significantly higher in level than you hits your enemy? You still get the full xp for his actions?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    What level are you? Some of the story quests/class quests can be challenging at first if you're not at the max level for them. I'm playing THM and getting cure at level 10 almost seems like a requirement. If you don't expect to struggle in certain battles, yet players aren't led to Gridania until 15 so a lot of people won't have cure by then. You have to remember they can't make this early content super difficult because people new to MMOs have to be able to get passed it otherwise they'll get fed up and leave.
    Can't be overstated enough, having Cure on THM turns difficult battles into very easy ones. A lot of people are having trouble with the lv15 story mission in Ul'dah but having a way of spam healing yourself makes it 10x easier.

Cure is a bit gimped on other jobs but it does the job. Get Aero aswell (lv3), it's an instant cast 20 sec DoT that stacks with Thunder.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    I am getting into mouse mode but I don't see the actual mouse anywhere... what am I clearly doing wrong?
    Using fullscreen with an ATI card?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Is there some special way to reply to tells? Control r didn't reply, had to click on their name. The game is good but I feel movement is odd somehow. Graphics are very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Is there some special way to reply to tells? Control r didn't reply, had to click on their name. The game is good but I feel movement is odd somehow. Graphics are very good.
    Alt + R

Quote Originally Posted by sackings View Post
    Alt + R
    wtf?

I am done with this game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

If you have a quest/hunting log for a mob then you can attack other people's targets. Otherwise it's claim specific

<_< you can change it in keybind you know... or just add ctrl + R as a second option for it, like i did.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sometimes the Armor Chest button appears on the Inventory screen, sometimes it does. Anyone know if there is a reason for this? Bug?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Rebind any keybind you don't like to what you want it to be. This game is very flexible when it comes to customization...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Don't understand people complaining about controls, have they never played a modern mmo? Mainly all MMO's use wasd and mouse.