+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

By Jaga! (New Thundercats)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/...2b7834c0_b.jpg

Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) has begun production on ThunderCats, an all-new animated series for Cartoon Network, based upon the iconic 1980s action classic. ThunderCats is the newest series from WBA, joining Batman: The Brave and the Bold, which was recently renewed for a third season, and the following forthcoming programs: The Looney Tunes Show, MAD, Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated and Young Justice. The announcement was made today by Sam Register, Executive Vice President, Creative Affairs, Warner Bros. Animation.
    "In addition to being Warner Bros. Animation's first anime series, ThunderCats marks our most ambitious foray yet into fantasy," said Register. "The realism and dynamic visual style we've achieved are sure to thrill viewers, and the cool weapons, vehicles and technology should help the show appeal to a diverse audience."
    The 21st century reimagining of the series marks a creative collaboration between WBA and Studio4°C, one of the most vibrant animation studios in Japan, with credits including The Animatrix, Gotham Knights and Halo Legends. WBA is working closely with Studio4°C, utilizing the latter's expertise to give the ThunderCats characters a new cutting-edge look while remaining true to the compelling storylines and mythology of the original series.
    "We at Studio4°C are excited to be in this creative partnership with Warner Bros. Animation to bring ThunderCats to life," said Eiko Tanaka, President and CEO, Studio4°C. "This collaboration combines the strengths of our two companies — high production values and great storytelling — toward reintroducing this classic fan-favorite to a new audience."
    Roaring to life through WBA and Studio4°C's use of the Japanese animated artistry of anime, ThunderCats characters Lion-O, Mumm-Ra, Panthro, Cheetara and others will spring off the screen with realistic cat-like characteristics inconceivable in previous incarnations.
    The new ThunderCats will appeal to viewers who have loved the characters all their lives as well as young newcomers to the franchise. A sweeping tale combining swords and science and boasting ferocious battles with the highest of stakes, the grand origin story of Prince Lion-O's ascension to the throne – and of those who would thwart his destiny at any cost — takes on epic dimensions in this sharp new telling. As the forces of good and evil battle each other in the quest for the fabled Stones of Power, Lion-O and his champions learn valuable lessons of loyalty, honor and mortality in every episode.
    ThunderCats is executive produced by Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold). Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Wonder Woman) and Ethan Spaulding (Avatar: The Last Airbender) are the producers.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Was about to post this. I really hope they don't fuck it up.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Thundercats revival!!!

http://weblogs.variety.com/on_the_ai...undercats.html

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell yeah!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I don't think this will end well for the series. I haven't seen the new Batman any, but I did have the pleasure of watching the new Scooby Doo and it was horrible, but not surprising.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arrmani View Post
    I don't think this will end well for the series. I haven't seen the new Batman any, but I did have the pleasure of watching the new Scooby Doo and it was horrible, but not surprising.
    Then take solace in knowing the new Batman was also horrible.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The animation style of both is garbage :/ The one thing I'm hoping for is that the anime studio manages to make this look good, but even then, shitty Cartoon Network stories are still shitty.

For anyone that cares, in the Animatrix, Studio4°C did Beyond (don't really remember it, it's been a while). In Gotham Knight they did Have I Got a Story for You (the one where the kids imagine Batman -- was ok) and Working Through Pain (the one where he remembers his training while wandering through the sewers -- pretty good one). And in Halo Legends they did Origins (meh, backstory..) and The Babysitter (the one about the ODST snipers -- one of the best imo). Of course, they're also responsible for the new animated Transformers series which once again looks like garbage, so take that for what it's worth...

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Studio4°C is a horrible animation studio, they get flamed a lot for their average work, Capcom got flamed by fans, for letting them animate the movie, Anime intro's and ending for cast. which why Super Street Fighter 4 was done by Gonzo, for both the Juri movie and intro's+ ending cast animation.

Street Fighter 4 Movie Studio4°C

Super Street Fighter 4 Movie Gonzo

The difference is very noticeable, specially with character designs, the details and fighting scenes. seriously FUCK Studio4°C

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

The comments about Studio4°C are on the money, the entire time watching the vanilla SF4 movie all I could ask myself was why even bother putting something out that looked that bad.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

looks like Studio4°C just does a lot of god damn panning around and nothin else from that clip

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I think I was more excited about the Batman renewal than this. Since I have a feeling it's going to bomb.

Cartoons have been uber disappointing for the past 5 years or so. Teen Titans was good, as was Batman Beyond. I can't' think of many more off the top of my head that I actually enjoyed.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Disappointing for the past 20 years you mean.

Fully expecting for this to get fucked up and turned emo.

Seriously, stop redoing shit and fucking with my childhood.

Murder machine with a motor in her nose
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'd be more excited about this but, man, Cheetara has *really* let herself go.

http://pmdbuilders.net/photos/workout.jpg

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Cartoons have been uber disappointing for the past 5 years or so. Teen Titans was good, as was Batman Beyond. I can't' think of many more off the top of my head that I actually enjoyed.
    Batman" The Brave and The Bold is pretty good, since it was more of a light hearted Batman cartoon that went back to the silver age.

But other than that, I can't think of much that has came out of the animation department that I liked. Last thing that I loved on Cartoon Network was Megas XLR until Cartoon Network decided to pull the plug on it and turned the network into shit.

http://toonbarn.com/wordpress/wp-con...-the-bold1.jpg

Was the the most recent batman? The animation of batman is uber disappointing in my opinion.

BG Level

Yeah it's the most recent, I guess it's hit or miss. Sure it doesn't hold a candle to Batman: The Animated Series, but I like how it went back to the silver age/Adam West style Batman.

well at least Ethan Spaulding (Avatar: The Last Airbender)? One can only hope his influence helps.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Pendas View Post
    Then take solace in knowing the new Batman was also horrible.
    Batman the Brave and the Bold? I think that's pretty good.

BG Level

I'm also disappointed I mentioned Megas and no one has said anything about that...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast