+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Mythic Decisions (BRD, BLU, WHM)

Hi!

I need help deciding on a Mythic to upgrade, if anyone isn't too busy enough to help me with some insight for my decision... I've been talking to lots of my friends over and over, and I keep getting various responses

I love playing BRD, BLU, and WHM, even though I don't have WHM actually leveled, the Mythic is one of the more useful ones in the game, and I do enjoy playing it when I twobox characters that have it leveled. So the "just pick your favorite job" thing is out of the question.

I'm really leaning toward Bard the most because I have Gjallarhorn as well as the top March Tier and practically all the best things for bard (except for that stupid IX'DRG Cape @#$@#$!@#) ... but I"m really wondering if the +24 seconds is worth it... -_-;

As for Blue Mage... I don't have merits in BLU magic since they're all in Singing/Wind, so I won't ever be a top Tier BLU no matter what I do, in comparison to the other BLUs I know. My headbutts or whatever won't always land as often, my damage is much lower in comparison, etc etc. But the mythic does sound like a lot of fun, especially since I know at least 2 gjallar bards

And like I mentioned above, White Mage just for the sheer usefulness of it in comparison for the other mythics available. (That's why I upgraded Gjallar to begin with) I would choose PLD as well a few of my friends are the best PLDs on the server, so there's no point in me doing that XD

Anyway, thank you for reading, and thanks for responding if you do! ;_;

Relic Shield
    BG Level

You made the selfless choice when it came to which relic to do. Nobody can fault you too much if you do whichever mythic you think would be the best toy.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Do your blue one because lets face it amount of times u will use it over brd and whm is unreal :D

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Weeks View Post
    You made the selfless choice when it came to which relic to do. Nobody can fault you too much if you do whichever mythic you think would be the best toy.
    I agree with this

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Weeks View Post
    This time around be selfish and do whichever pleases you the most.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Relic BRD vs. Mythic WHM means you won't be asked to come on the same job all of the time, at least.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm 75 WHM BLU BRD, Albeit I consider myself a BLU main Tizona is really only good if you intend to play blue mage alot, and even then well there are only rare circumstances in my gameplay experience where that happens <.<,. If you want to know which is the best to upgrade in terms of usefulness I'd say WHM, if you want to know which is the best to use in terms of enjoyment you'll get out of spending the time/effort/money on it, go with whatever you think is what you want.

Realistically The Divine Veil effect is just sick <.<.

BRD weapon I don't know much about, but if you have ghorn I wouldn't upgrade that unless you never want any other job to see the light of day <.<

BLU weapon just because of the Mp drain on its own is really nice, but if all the testing for how aftermath effects come into play is true, its pretty much 80mil+a crap ton of time for a slightly better hofud that HQ fire staff still outperforms for Heat breath.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

BLU Weapon pretty much only affects Merit-like situations. Even Northernlands Dynamis give BLU/NIN issues (Most just use BLU/MNK Breath Attacks there). Overall, you're not going to find much use from the weapon because there are very few situations where you will have the opportunity to use BLU for melee purposes (As opposed to BLU/THF).

I would go with WHM since I believe the effect is much greater than BRD. With both Relic BRD and WHM Mythic, you will at least have a choice of what to come as (Though they might prefer your WHM if they have other Relic BRDs).

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bard Mythic: You're awesome for 24 seconds longer than other Ghorn Bards.
    White Mage Mythic: You're awesome every second of your life instead of once every 10 minutes for about 5 seconds.

I vote Yagrush

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yagrush.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I don't think the BRD mythic is very good. It would be awesome if the duration bonus was a bit higher so that you could keep Troub Elegy up fulltime. If that were possible, then you would need 1 less person (the 2nd BRD/BLM) at certain events.

However, that is not the case. The BRD mythic doesn't really open anything new for you.

By contrast, the effects of WHM mythic are drastic to the point that it could change the way your LS approaches certain mobs/events.

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    BLU Weapon pretty much only affects Merit-like situations. Even Northernlands Dynamis give BLU/NIN issues (Most just use BLU/MNK Breath Attacks there). Overall, you're not going to find much use from the weapon because there are very few situations where you will have the opportunity to use BLU for melee purposes (As opposed to BLU/THF).
    I have to disagree here and it's the exact opposite from what I've seen.
    Tizona isn't going to turn BLU into a DD machine, it just strenghtens the job's hybrid damage dealer/support nature and turns the typical melee song/rolls into pseudo-ballads.

If you're going for a mythic that you can melee with, you need to be able to take advantage of Aftermath 3, else you might as well save your money for a relic (Burtgang is the only -debatable- exception).
    BLU is one of the very few jobs that can do so with minimal drawbacks, however if you're meriting on Colibris, this advantage is easily negated because of Feather Tickle.

Salvage, Dynamis-Tavnazia, Einherjar and ANNMs are all instances where I found the weapon working properly as I barely ever need Refresh support, but this doesn't mean that I should pretend to be a top tier DD 100% of the time. That's SAM/WAR/etc's role.

I have to agree that the fact that on HNM Tizona serves no purpose whatsoever is quite annoying, so if this drawback is too much for you to get past to then you might as well pick another mythic.

brd dagger is great for extending SV for another 24 seconds (maybe 48 if it stacks with NiTro) keeping you out of AoE range for just a little longer, and giving you a little extra time to toss around some cures. it's nice, but it doesn't change the game.

blu weapon grants you a bit more damage and MP on blu. it doesn't do anything to support people around you so whatever the sword would do is nothing that really couldn't be replaced by adding another person to greater effect except where max manpower is limited. same as a relic gkt will make 1 sam stronger but you could do about as well most likely with 2 more pedestrian geared sams. the sword is just a winmore (or a lose less depending on your stance on blu, i will not comment either way) granting a nice bonus but nothing earth shattering.

yagrush, yagrush, yagrush. now there's a weapon that does something truly unique. for all those mobs that spam AoE stat downs, this is the ultimate tool. yes, people will say the value has degraded some with esuna and that's a little bit true. still, to set up an esuna capable of removing gravity you need to activate solace if it is not already on, cast sacrifice, activate misery, run in, cast erase, get out before you die. then wait for esuna's recast or solace/misery to come back up depending on your situation and debuffs you're dealing with. or... just hit your erase macro with a yagrush and smile as the problem handles itself. even beyond, how about people in another party or alliance stuck with a rdm who can only blindna 1 person every couple of seconds due to the ungodly recast. bam. done. breakga got you down and you're facing 200 mp to stona everyone? not anymore! the uses for yagrush are just so wide and varied imo there's very little contest. yagrush is the hands down winner just because it's such a cut above the rest.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio View Post
    brd dagger is great for extending SV for another 24 seconds (maybe 48 if it stacks with NiTro) keeping you out of AoE range for just a little longer, and giving you a little extra time to toss around some cures. it's nice, but it doesn't change the game.

blu weapon grants you a bit more damage and MP on blu. it doesn't do anything to support people around you so whatever the sword would do is nothing that really couldn't be replaced by adding another person to greater effect except where max manpower is limited. same as a relic gkt will make 1 sam stronger but you could do about as well most likely with 2 more pedestrian geared sams. the sword is just a winmore (or a lose less depending on your stance on blu, i will not comment either way) granting a nice bonus but nothing earth shattering.

yagrush, yagrush, yagrush. now there's a weapon that does something truly unique. for all those mobs that spam AoE stat downs, this is the ultimate tool. yes, people will say the value has degraded some with esuna and that's a little bit true. still, to set up an esuna capable of removing gravity you need to activate solace if it is not already on, cast sacrifice, activate misery, run in, cast erase, get out before you die. then wait for esuna's recast or solace/misery to come back up depending on your situation and debuffs you're dealing with. or... just hit your erase macro with a yagrush and smile as the problem handles itself. even beyond, how about people in another party or alliance stuck with a rdm who can only blindna 1 person every couple of seconds due to the ungodly recast. bam. done. breakga got you down and you're facing 200 mp to stona everyone? not anymore! the uses for yagrush are just so wide and varied imo there's very little contest. yagrush is the hands down winner just because it's such a cut above the rest.

Sooo you're saying more MP won't help you support the people around you better?

Stupidity of this comment aside, I do tend to think Yagrush would be the way to go for you. You obviously like support, and you haven't merited your BLU.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I agree with Weeks, get the one that you think will be the most fun... And Yagrush is definitely one of the most powerful mythics you can get (as game-changing as GHorn in my opinion, if not more).

But if you already have GHorn, do you LIKE being BRD? Or better, do you LOVE it? Some people really want to be the best at their job.. and if you're sitting around in Marduk/Dalmatica/GHorn, getting the BRD Mythic would put you just that step you need to be the best BRD on your server (provided you have the skillz to back up the gearz).

If you want to be the best BRD across all the servers (or at least member of a group that will probably never be larger than an alliance) then go for BRD. If you want the most game changing, get WHM.

Otherwise just pick the toy that makes you smile. It's 90mil + 2 years of your life. You better <3 it more than you <3 kittens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Sooo you're saying more MP won't help you support the people around you better?

Stupidity of this comment aside, I do tend to think Yagrush would be the way to go for you. You obviously like support, and you haven't merited your BLU.
    how much buffing does a blu do? the majority of a blu's job is dd and the occasional stoneskinga from what i've seen working with them. besides, again, the support a blu could deliver could be done better by oh i don't know, a brd, or a corsair, or a sch, etc. the point was that it makes the player more powerful but doesn't grant any game changing ability to the blu that adding another body could do better, unlike yagrush which enables a whm to quickly purge AoE effects rapidly across an entire party or several parties much faster than adding an additional player would allow.

more on track though, don't let a weaker choice discourage you from picking it, just because people here don't rate it highly. we can give you the technical pluses and minuses of a choice, but we can't say what's going to be the most fun for you. don't be discouraged by choosing a "weaker" option if you'll get more use out of it. that's for you to decide. unless it's a Laevateinn. then that's just silly.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

He has a relic BRD. If they need support, he'll be on that anyways. The whole MP/Support argument for BLU is futile.

Edit: I would pick the mythic that you get more use out of. There's no point picking a mythic if the only situation you'll use the mythic is around friends or merit PTs.

A Black Mage who's on top of his ES timers is likely to get more intelligent use out of Laevateinn than a career Paladin would get out of Burtgang.

Just saying.

Brd it really depends on how you feel about it like others have said. Adding 24 second on all songs from 2:24 to 2:48 means almost 3 minutes of buffs (or 3 song cyles that last 8:24 seconds) . If you maxed troub/night to 10 minutes from elegy at (216 seconds base to 252 now to) 504 seconds or 8.4 minutes (or 8:24) a normal song set to 5.6 minutes (5:36 which with one more set of songs is 8:24 for song. You could almost solo brd/blm es elegy there if your ls didn't mind having it sometimes not being up 1:36.

Yagarush though would be usefull for melee on whm and always usefull on na's, erase and should probably change it the way Ghorn and aegis change pld and brd. Outside of cures and the most potent barspells you would only relly need 1 whm for any event that would require more then 1 party. Hell even for low man outside na's on the party would kick ass to. Hell outside of relic club i couldn't think of a better club to melee with on whm either.