+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Megas was during the age of good shows by Cartoon Network -- along with shows like Samurai Jack and Dexter's Lab.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-Blackguy View Post
    lol, Silverhawks! Nice find. I had a few action figured of them as a kid even!

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Pretty sure Silverhawks was before my time.

Anyway, hopefully this reboot isn't as bad as the He-Man one from a few years back. Didn't that only survive one season?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Wings of silver, nerves of steel. *hawk screeching* Silver Hawks!!!!!!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

http://tv.ign.com/articles/110/1106791p1.html

Larry Kenney will be back, but voicing Lion-O's father King Claudus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-Blackguy View Post
    What I thought when I saw this picture.

See you, space cowboy.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I still have some Silverhawks episodes on VHS.

It also just occurred to me that some people here may have never seen a VHS tape, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    I still have some Silverhawks episodes on VHS.

It also just occurred to me that some people here may have never seen a VHS tape, wow.
    I guess that would be the 13-16 year old people? I used to have DBZ episodes on VHS and bought them monthly etc.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Only good cartoon in recent memory is Foster's home. This will bring shame upon the Thundercats, but there's nothing we can do D:

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Anyway, hopefully this reboot isn't as bad as the He-Man one from a few years back. Didn't that only survive one season?
    I think it got to it's third season before CN pulled the plug, but CN does that to just about every show that's not an in-house original so I can't see Thundercats lasting too long either, whether it's great or not.

Edit: It had two seasons, but the second season was cut short. More was planned but CN pulled the plug since it wasn't seeing enough kick back from the merchandising sales. A move they pull on just about every non-inhouse cartoon they make.

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Of course, they're also responsible for the new animated Transformers series which once again looks like garbage, so take that for what it's worth...
    The issue with the new TF series was the design aesthetic they went with, animation wise it was pretty smooth and fluid. Of course that decision was made by CN and Hasbro, not the company that animated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendas View Post
    Then take solace in knowing the new Batman was also horrible.
    Batman:BatB is a great freakin show. It's not as dark and serious as the Batman:TAS, but it's not meant to be. It's supposed to be a throwback to the old golden age, super campy Batman/DC era, so it's not really something you can expect to take seriously. It's supposed to be more of a "fun", lighter version of Batman and his B-C lister friends, which is what makes the show great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    I guess that would be the 13-16 year old people? I used to have DBZ episodes on VHS and bought them monthly etc.
    ...I still have TONS of bootlegged anime on VHS, which I can't even watch anymore since my old VCR stopped working. I gotta find a way to burn em all to DVD or something.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Effluo View Post
    Was about to post this. I really hope they don't fuck it up.
    How could they possibly fuck up an already terrible cartoon?

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

I defy any of you people to actually watch an episode of thundercats and not say it's fucking bad. I love the fuck out of some thundercats but any and all quality you thought it had is a byproduct of watching that shit when you were five.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Yeah, shits freaking terribad. I saw some episodes recently and it's crappy as hell, the episode always ends with them laughing together to a corny joke lol. They could be getting owned throughout the whole episode but once that theme music starts playing, game over Mumra.

Thundercats: hahahahahahhaah "insert thunder Thunder THUNDER CATS!" que ending credits.

The only American animated show I can think of that was a remake or a continuation of a much older series that was probably superior to the original was The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest. Most of the 80's animated shows are colorful and very inventive to say the least. They are, however pretty damn corny (See: Captain Planet.)

Edit: I honestly couldn't care how bad the new series is as long as they animate it well. Maybe this will tell the other faggot-ass studios to stop using cheap and horrible animation and go back to better quality animation. The 90's were full of great looking and stylish animation.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko View Post
    I defy any of you people to actually watch an episode of thundercats and not say it's fucking bad. I love the fuck out of some thundercats but any and all quality you thought it had is a byproduct of watching that shit when you were five.
    I actually watched it a few years back (after I got out of highschool, so I was older then 5) and it really wasn't that bad. It had an actual continuity and storyline it followed and some episodes were pretty badass. Plus there were times (not always, but no show ever did back then) where the animation and writing were pretty top notch. Just watching one or two episodes will easily leave a bad taste in your mouth, but watching the series as a whole over time, and what made it popular starts to really shine through. I've never been the biggest Thundercats fan myself, but I did like them when I was 5, I did like them when I was 19 and I still do like the concept and the characters to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Yeah, shits freaking terribad. I saw some episodes recently and it's crappy as hell, the episode always ends with them laughing together to a corny joke lol. They could be getting owned throughout the whole episode but once that theme music starts playing, game over Mumra.

Thundercats: hahahahahahhaah "insert thunder Thunder THUNDER CATS!" que ending credits.
    While it certainly can't stand the test of time (no 80s show really can), for it's time it was pretty badass, and one of the best animated series in the day. Sure it's not Batman:TAS or Gargoyles, but then again, what is? With a good team behind it, a reboot could result in a pretty damn good series. Though, again, it's being made by Cartoon Network, so expect it to have one and a half, maybe two full seasons at the most...with no re-runs or syndication...and then be pulled off the air forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
    The only American animated show I can think of that was a remake or a continuation of a much older series that was probably superior to the original was The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest. Most of the 80's animated shows are colorful and very inventive to say the least. They are, however pretty damn corny (See: Captain Planet.)
    TMNT, Beastwars/Transformers: Animated, and yea, even the newest He-Man spring to mind for me as being "better then the original". Maybe they weren't as popular, but story and animation-wise, the newer stuff was pretty good. With MotU and TFA, it took them a bit to really find their stride, but for the short time they hit their mark they were pretty top notch series. However both shows suffered from CN's "we're not seeing enough profits from the toys" complaint and were subsequently killed off with no regrets. It wouldn't be surprising if Thundercats suffered the same fate. At least with the new Transformers and G.I. Joe cartoons being made, they won't have to bend to CN's whims as they're being produced and aired by the people who own the franchises.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hope it has Snarf asking Liono for some candy fruit.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If it's like Avatar, i don't wanna watch it. Speaking of 80's cartoons. They need to make a live action version of this show.

http://z.hubpages.com/u/41599_f520.jpg

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/01/...oon-first-pic/
    The New Thundercats Cartoon – First Pic
    From the London Toy Fair, taken under maximum security conditions, a first look at the new Thundercats cartoon…
    nothing like the concept art

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Doesn't look too terrible...kinda true to original form.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuko Stark
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The original furfag show... you all know if you werent like 5 when this shit was on you would have fapped to cheetara.