FFXI Server
    Sylph

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

2013 release

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

cant wait. But it kind of doesnt fit the storyline of lords of shadows 1. It was a reboot, i never saw Gabriell to be a bad person and someone that actually locked himself up in the tower/whatever, before breaking out again at 21. century. I'm confused

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    cant wait. But it kind of doesnt fit the storyline of lords of shadows 1. It was a reboot, i never saw Gabriell to be a bad person and someone that actually locked himself up in the tower/whatever, before breaking out again at 21. century. I'm confused
    The story line explains pretty much everything. He wasn't a bad person at the beginning but he became a victim of circumstances which eventually made him evil. He became a necessary evil because of what he had to do to kill the lords of shadow and the forgotten one.
    Looks like this game maybe taking place in the past though instead of 21st century. I'm wondering if they pulling Assassins Creed where this will be right after he kills the Forgotten One and they will work on future one later?
    Anyways, I'm super excited. It's one of my favorite PS3 games, cant wait.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Fuck.Yes. Was one of my favorite games in 2010, and probably one of the best released that year. If Bayonetta wasn't released the same year, I'd call it best Action game of the year, but I think Bayonetta gets that one. Was a gem though, that's for sure.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    The story line explains pretty much everything. He wasn't a bad person at the beginning but he became a victim of circumstances which eventually made him evil. He became a necessary evil because of what he had to do to kill the lords of shadow and the forgotten one.
    Looks like this game maybe taking place in the past though instead of 21st century. I'm wondering if they pulling Assassins Creed where this will be right after he kills the Forgotten One and they will work on future one later?
    Anyways, I'm super excited. It's one of my favorite PS3 games, cant wait.
    Judging from the trailer it looks like it will show how he became Dracula at the end of one. It may pick up in nyc late in the game.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Judging from the trailer it looks like it will show how he became Dracula at the end of one. It may pick up in nyc late in the game.
    Well the 2 DLCs for LOS1 shows how he becomes a vampire/gains his powers, so I guess this will show what turns him evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Dominico View Post
    Well the 2 DLCs for LOS1 shows how he becomes a vampire/gains his powers, so I guess this will show what turns him evil?
    Yep, the DLCs explain that completely so you're probably right

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/01/dr...hadow-2-media/
    The official website reveals where the story picks up: as a weakened Dracula, "yearning for release from his immortal bonds," you go in search of your old powers, in order to stop a "new and powerful threat."

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

welp now I kinda feel both less mad about this game and more mad about potentially needing a 3DS

That trailer was absolutely amazing, these guys that make these trailers should be making movies, not games.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    I was thinking about it today and I figured they will have to gimp him somehow. Gabriel ended up pretty much god like at the end of LOS1 final DLC though the trailer shows him pretty boss.
    It's looking like an interesting story.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/01...f-shadow-saga/

Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2 Will Conclude The Lords Of Shadow Saga
    Dracula is back Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. Dracula always comes back and in Lords of Shadow 2 he’s weakened and has to return to his castle to reacquire his old powers.

"We are pleased to announce the development of the conclusion to the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow saga, giving players an all-new gameplay experience within the Lords of Shadow universe," said Dave Cox, Producer on the title and Head of Product Planning and Development for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is the most successful Castlevania game to be released in the franchise’s history, and we are looking to provide series fans yet another nail biter, complete with Dracula’s resurrection and the Belmont clan’s desire for his final destruction."
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is slated for release in 2013 for PS3 and Xbox 360

Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe View Post
    That trailer was absolutely amazing, these guys that make these trailers should be making movies, not games.
    I disagree. Neutering shit into 90 minute clusterfucks is largely why some movies just plain fail in execution. For all the shit some people spew about watching a game instead of playing it, the ability to tell better and longer stories is probably what drew me into RPGs and such way back when to begin with.

Now, if you could convince people to sit down for more 3+ hour flicks, sure. Find a studio to budget it might be another matter.

Patrick Stewart reading in LOS was better than any vampire movie they had in last 10 years. If only he would be back in LoS2....mmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I disagree. Neutering shit into 90 minute clusterfucks is largely why some movies just plain fail in execution. For all the shit some people spew about watching a game instead of playing it, the ability to tell better and longer stories is probably what drew me into RPGs and such way back when to begin with.

Now, if you could convince people to sit down for more 3+ hour flicks, sure. Find a studio to budget it might be another matter.
    What?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Oh fuck who's that at the end of the trailer!?

This shit is pretty hype, loved the first one. Combat got a little stale sometimes but it was a fun game altogether. Hopefully they implement a better map system too. Was annoying as hell to not be able to completely tell where you're at in any given stage when you revisited them.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    Patrick Stewart reading in LOS was better than any vampire movie they had in last 10 years. If only he would be back in LoS2....mmmmm
    I'd disagree w/ that, Let the Right One In was amazing.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    welp now I kinda feel both less mad about this game and more mad about potentially needing a 3DS
    I swear to god there was something about this being on 3DS, but I guess that's an entirely different game so disregard this entire thing. Pure excitement, hope the battle's better this time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast