1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 13 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Question regarding to accuracy needed for Coil T5 as a bard

I have been trying to find reliable resources of how much accuracy should be obtained, but it has came into a state of fully confusion to how should I adjust my gears.

From what I have heard before, 472ish(473? 474?) gives something like 99.7% of accuracy to almost everything, under any condition in T5. So far I have been trying to match up with this standard. However I realized without Allgan gears providing extra accuracy, I won't be able to gear up to fully ilv90 if I choose to go with Elfin Bow, which provides much more det and cri in comparison to Artemis+1.

As I was googling along, I found several posts, whether in English or not, claim that with only side attacks and back attacks, 450ish would be enough. Some even claim 435 would be fine if one positions perfectly and shoots only at the back of the enemy. These sounds very tempt to me as I would be able to build extra det and cri with 450 acc, or even 435. However, are these statement true?

Does 450 really gives satisfactory level of accuracy in Coil T5?
    If anyone has a good gear set for Coil T5 with Elfin Bow, would you please kindly share it?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Shit happens so counting on always being behind or in the sides isn't always good. That being said, as a bard, I've been down to 450~ and I've disliked the accuracy hit, I can drop down to 95% which is too low for my liking. I'm currently at 468~ or so and still at 99~%.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I do T4/5 with 453 accuracy. I would certainly like more, but 453 is certainly sufficient. My coil team has obtained fewer bard drops than for any other job, so until coil drops the accuracy pieces I need (basically pants/weapon, though I'd even go so far as to use head/ring if they dropped first), I'm perfectly fine where it stands, since we're clearing turn 5.

I got Elfin Bow before I ever thought to upgrade the relic, so I never bought relic+1. If I had relic+1, I'd certainly be using that for the accuracy.

This is certainly not the ideal gearset, but this is what I have to use to get to a decent accuracy point. In an ideal world, I would swap coil pants in and go back to using a normal neck/ring.
    Main: Elfin
    Head: myth (+15 acc)
    Body: myth (+24acc)
    Hands: myth (+15acc)
    Waist: myth
    Legs: myth
    Feet: coil
    Neck: melded i70 gryphonskin (for +9 acc)
    Ears: Titan EX (+16acc)
    Wrists: coil (Ifrit EX would be ideal, but I'm still waiting for it to drop... no accuracy either way though)
    Ring1: myth
    Ring2: melded i90 gryphonskin (for +12acc)
    Food: HQ Stuffed Cabbage (+21)

Prior to obtaining coil feet, I used CT feet for +19acc.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

along this same note, does anyone have a parse showing 473~ as 99%+ acc? This guy left a "Practice" coil group the other day because people didn't have 483 acc, which he said was the acc cap on T5, which I was able to find some reference to that on random reddit pages that had no reference parses linked to them, but most places I see are stating that low 473~ is the cap. Just wanted to confirm since there has been ample time for testing at this point. (for those curious, I was one of the people with less that 483 acc, I was at 470 on pld, with no food and without wearing Allagan gauntlets, which I told him, but he was le obvious doucher)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

>>Kirbyprime >>Raldo
    thanks for sharing...
    I forgot to upload my set...even though they are horrible mainly due to lack of accuracy,
    so I had to use myth bracelet on both, and even ilv80 parts while using Elfin...
    I need really need some improvements... perhaps lower accuracy to 460ish to see how does it really affect the rate :/

>>Indomitable Will
    What I've heard of is that 483 is for tanks, since tanks are always facing their enemies,and they are going to miss a lot on snakes with accuracy lower than that...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by rezo View Post
    >>Kirbyprime >>Raldo
    thanks for sharing...
    I forgot to upload my set...even though they are horrible mainly due to lack of accuracy,
    so I had to use myth bracelet on both, and even ilv80 parts while using Elfin...
    I need really need some improvements... perhaps lower accuracy to 460ish to see how does it really affect the rate :/

>>Indomitable Will
    What I've heard of is that 483 is for tanks, since tanks are always facing their enemies,and they are going to miss a lot on snakes with accuracy lower than that...
    yeah, which is why I'll continue to use HQ lava toad legs on t5 until I'm sure, but I still haven't had issues with misses at 470 in T5 either on runs where I run out of food

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

ok i just found another Japanese post on lodestone regarding to the issue.

http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...3/blog/739923/

Still no actual data provided but the author claims he collected the data from his teammates and friends with fairly large quantity of sample.

in brief conclusion he claimed that front acc cap is 475 for tanks
    side cap for both melee and ranger is 455
    and 435 for casters

I will just give 455 a try see if there is any miss perceived in my next run...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Indomitable Will View Post
    along this same note, does anyone have a parse showing 473~ as 99%+ acc?
    Not exactly what you're asking for, but back in January, the Bard thread had some discussion about accuracy requirements. I don't know if this is all of the testing, but here's a couple:

Me running turn-5 with 444 accuracy. Parser reported 97~99% accuracy.
    Deadgye running turn-5 with 428 accuracy. 93.1~98.5% accuracy.

Based on that, I don't think it would be a surprise if 473acc was 99%+, and either way it's certainly not rage-quitting levels of accuracy.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Turn 5 pld cap has to be over 480 that is the amount i have and I have missed twin with that unless app is off.

Missed my first fucking fast blade on my first run in turn 5 lol

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    Turn 5 pld cap has to be over 480 that is the amount i have and I have missed twin with that unless app is off.

That could be because you are hitting from the front? But I run with 471 and get 99.95% while 472 is 100%

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post

Yeah I'm honestly not worried about the odd miss here and there, I'm ok with 99.7% acc or w/e lol, I've not seen a miss yet from me, BUT 1 I might have not seen it, and 2 of I did, it didn't make any difference at all lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Should honestly have just read the bard thread lol. I've posted most of my accuracy tests and findings there. For bard, 450ish accuracy is fine. 460ish is better. ~473 is cap for all melee, including tanks. Mobs requiring higher acc from the front is 90% likely completely made up mumbo jumbo.

So, 1564 / 1582 attacks connected, 95% confidence accuracy range of 98.3% to 99.4% with 448 accuracy.
    And 1936 / 1943 attacks connected, 95% confidence accuracy range of 99.4% to 99.9% with 464 accuracy.
    I'll be collecting more data on tank accuracy / fighting from front if I can this weekend. I just have to remember to start up the parser before we t5.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmir Rainteau
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    460ish is better. ~473 is cap for all melee, including tanks.
    This is inaccurate. I've missed on turn 4 with 475 as a tank.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

ok a bit of a fix, My miss fast blade came at 474 acc, just checked the gear set from then at that is it. I went in with the idea of 472, but that is fully wrong(at least for turn 5)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It's not inaccurate. Apparently people don't know the purpose of a tilde anymore. Furthermore, parses please.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Huge thread about Bard, with tons of information about accuracy, doesn't read any of it.

I have no parses atm that show my acc but I clear T5 every week with 471 acc and haven't missed a shot in 4 weeks. This is more then likely pure luck that I haven't missed the snakes at all but I do use Hawk's for them. Bard is the one job that can get away with not being accuracy capped anyway, because it has no combo moves. You don't want to completely gimp your accuracy but it's not important to be completely capped.

Also, the guy claiming everyone needed 480+ acc is an idiot, nothing more.

Also, using Lava Toad Legs, what.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Mobs requiring higher acc from the front is 90% likely completely made up mumbo jumbo.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/117...=1#post6019977
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1838890

I was under the impression it was commonly accepted, but idk I didn't test it personally and I don't care because I play healer.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/117...=1#post6019977
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1838890

I was under the impression it was commonly accepted, but idk I didn't test it personally and I don't care because I play healer.
    Oh, nice. I've literally not had a single person who claimed/mention it provide any tests after all this time so I'm happy to be shown wrong. Doesn't seem like the difference is big, maybe if I start bringing up my lancer past 34 I can be bothered to try and better quantify the differences.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Casca Wolftamer
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Since I got elfin bow and still dont have my allagan shoes, I tried different setup in turn 5 and now I'm using one with 461 accurancy. From the parse I've done, out of 1400 shots I've missed 5 times. Good enough for me since bard dont really have any combo shoots. If I use rain of death I can probably lower those miss shots as well since my miss comes from snakes or scourge.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

doing T5 for the past weeks and I kinda got screwed with 460 acc on snakes, missing multiple gcds in a raw(like 3 times), when the snakes spawns, straight shot (venom wind)*3 , Twintania is about to dive bomb again by the time I refreshing dots on the first target, timing is quite tight, I don't really feel there is any room for an extra rain of death nor to bear the risk of misses...