+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Windows 7 Activaon Issue     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Vuitton

Windows 7 Activaon Issue

I just built a new computer, replacing my previous one in its entirety, this was not a pre-built computer or anything. I have my own copy of Windows 7, and it installed fine, but now it won't activate. I think it is because it thinks I am trying to use it on two different computers, and so it wants me to buy a whole new Windows 7. The reality is that I am not using two computers; just the one.

Is there a way to get around this? I think its bullshit if I have to buy a brand new OS key every time I upgrade my computer. I never had this problem with Windows XP...

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Call them, say youre reinstalling, and it's not accepting, and theyll give you an activation code np.

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Call them, say youre reinstalling, and it's not accepting, and theyll give you an activation code np.
    Ha, that is simple. Wish I was at home to do it. Am at work worrying about it. Hopefully they're not strictly 8 to 5 mon-fri, because I'll never be able to call, haha.

Thanks!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

For those of you using it on 2-3 PCs, call them, pretend you know nothing about computers, and stick with the machine. The machine will eventually ask you how many times you've installed. Reply "Once." It'll then give you the number to confirm. Works every time.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

download a loader

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Hosom View Post
    For those of you using it on 2-3 PCs, call them, pretend you know nothing about computers, and stick with the machine. The machine will eventually ask you how many times you've installed. Reply "Once." It'll then give you the number to confirm. Works every time.
    Ooh, I'll try this! Thanks for the tip!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    download a loader
    What he said.

I won't ask you if you have a pirated version or not, though it sounds like you do, regardless, search for a loader or crack, easily bypass the activation if you look hard enough.