Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Digimon World Re:Digitize     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Digimon World Re:Digitize

Digimon World Re: Digitize

Official Website: http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/digimon_game/

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpr...r_01_thumb.jpg

As we’ve reported before, Digimon World Re: Digitize uses Digimon World 1, an old Playstation 1 game released in 1998, as a base. This was the original premise — to call back to the first Digimon World game, instead of the sequels that were vastly different.

Digimon World 2 had elements from roguelike games mixed with traditional RPG turn-based battle systems. Digimon World 3 was a rather traditional RPG system with limited party members, and Digimon World 4 was an action RPG.

Digimon World Re: Digitize is the answer to fans’ calls for something similar to Digimon World 1, but it seems like the PSP has inherited almost everything everything from the original World.

In the game, “Digimon” is a popular online game where you raise monsters and battle them. The main character is a fan of the game. One day, he logs into the game as usual when he gets an unusual email with some code in it. After decrypting it, he’s sucked into the Digital World, where Digimon are real. He, with his partner, explores the Digital World, trying to find out why he was sucked in in the first place.

Digimon are Digital Monsters and, in Re:Digitize, they have 5 evolution levels — Baby, Rookie, Champion, Ultimate, and Mega. If you played the original Digimon World, you may recall that was released before the 5 levels had taken root, so it ended at the fourth evolution.

Digimon evolve with the passage of time and which form they evolve into is based off their stats and other factors. While he’s prominently featured, Agumon isn’t the only partner you can have, as there are screenshots of the player running around with a Gabumon as well.

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpr...r_02_thumb.jpg

Back are the Shops run by Digimon and the Meat Farm. Your Digimon can and will get hungry, sick, and injured, and you’ll have to give the proper care to get them back into top shape. The Digimon’s digestive system is also back on track, and throughout the game, you’ll have to care for their toilet needs as well.

There is a Happiness and a Discipline gauge that partially determines your next evolution. You can “Scold” your Digimon, which will decrease his Happiness and increase his Discipline, or “Praise” your Digimon, which will increase his Happiness and decrease his Discipline. The higher the Discipline, the better your Digimon will listen to your commands in battle. However, on the flip side, the shorter his lifespan will be.

Yes, Digimon die in this game (like in the first game), and the new Digimon that is born will inherit skills and some stat boosts from your previous Digimon…unless your previous one died from your neglect. Then, you lose some of your previous Digimon’s data.

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpr...r_03_thumb.jpg

Training is back, and each Digimon type has some stats that are better and some that are worse. If you wander into the field, you’ll see Digimon running around, and if you run up to one, you’ll engage in a battle. Battles are handled by very general commands that are more like “advice” for your Digimon rather than actual commands.

For example, sometimes your Digimon won’t listen to you, especially if your Digimon has low Discipline. Also, you get more commands with increased Intelligence, which is one of the stats you can train. The battle is in real-time, and you also have items you can use (also in real-time) to heal your Digimon and to cure status effects.

Finally, Finishing Blows are back and with more detail on the PSP, so you can see your favorite Digimon’s attacks again.
    Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/29...gimon-world-1/

Basically a new age Digimon World 1 which was greatly expanded on, loved that game so much lol.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Loved Digimon world 1 also, except for the fact that all i could get were Numomon for the first like, 2 weeks of the game, and i just made them eat there own shit.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

lol yup... or stupid Centarumon. At least this time around they should hopefully have all the correct digivolution trees and such :X

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Nostalgia rushing in, miss original digimon (the later spin offs sucked). They say if they're making this for english?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

just like the .hack games i'd love a online version "as such"

I liked Digimon World 1 until my awesome badass Digimon turned into a piece of shit (literally). Then I lost all motivation.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Just actually found out about it today, no mention of US release from anywhere I've read but I'm sure they will. There are actually a few Digimon Online games but they are like Korean or something and aren't allowed outside of there w/o their SS # or something lol. I went through some site once to get in but the majority of them are just shit.

More screens: http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/Digimon_W...ize/index.html

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Joymax localized Digimon Online:
    http://www.joymax.com/dmo/
    Pretty meh so I wouldn't really recommend it though. Looking forward to this, loved Digimon World 1.

I loved the first Digimon World game, hopefully this one will get a western release as well.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

1 was fun, but I also really liked 3 :/

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

PSP.... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Awesome, I was just playing DW1 a few weeks ago over winter break. I'm glad they're bringing it back, the first one was so much better than all of the sequels

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

yeah with it being psp im not so sure it'll be localized

EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I am too excited for this! I love love love Digimon and Digimon World 1 was wonderful. I used to carry around one of those Digimon tomogotchi things and it was just like playing a video game version of that. I am pretty shocked they are returning to that formula, let alone making a new Digimon World game at all!

Somewhere i know a dev is like..."So we are adding card readers to this?...right? RIGHT?"

<--stoked

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

DO WANT

SO MUCH

All it needs now is a proper online feature and it's a dream come true.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

All the Digimon World games have came to US, so I honestly doubt they wouldn't do this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    1 was fun, but I also really liked 3 :/
    Yeah I really enjoyed 1 and 3 the most, 2 was good although slow lol. 4 was a disaster I never picked up >.> Card game/arena(bit short tho) were fun.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

2 was fun-ish gameplay wise, or rather, battles I guess, and mechanics? I don't really remember lol. I just remember I enjoyed it, but the dungeon crawling aspect of it was pretty meh.

4 looked dumb so I never even bothered with it.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

All I remember about #2 were the battle animations taking forever.

Am interested in this new entry if it's more like #1 but with less of the harsh demands for not having your pet devolve into a turd. More-so if it's as open and exploration driven as the original.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

All I remember from Digimon World 1 is my digimon took a shit almost all the time. Oh and 3 was the best.

What I remember about 2 was the horrible dungeon navigation system with that vehicle that literally drained all your money for upgrades and level caps forcing you to either DNA-digivolve or capturing digimon way too often.
    It's pretty much the only game where I consider the tutorial to be its most enjoyable part.