BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another Chigoe topic     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Another Chigoe topic

My old pet used to be a dark ele that did pretty well, but I must have mistakingly tossed it a while back or something, cause it's gone and I finally decided to make a new pt, decided to do something new.

I got a Chigoe with innate Attack speed bonus and auto-regen (! nice, at least I think)

I haven't done Pankration in a while so I'm not sure what kind of pets have been dominating lately, but back when I had an elemental, the other champions were usually elementals, with a few ghosts here and there. Right now it's an antlion that opens with pit ambush, not sure if it's someone's actual pet or an NPC. So I guess I want to build to win against elementals and ghosts.

So I'm wondering what skills I should get for it.

I'm not sure if I should go for en-petrify, or en-spell. Besides that, I suppose instant-blink/stoneskin and thief job are the usuals.

Is there a cap on how many total skills a pet can have? I think I remember that with my old ele, but I don't really remember, and I can't find that info anywhere.

I'm thinking either:

Enspell (47) stoneskin (17) blink (12) thief traits (12) some sort of killer? (8.) = 96, 7 abilities

I also thought, if I used the enspell+25 instead of normal enspell, I could also throw in auto shell (spikes, elementals), which also totals up to 97, and 8 abilities. But, how is +25 compared to the levelable one? Does the leveled one give +50 enspell, and the nonlevel +25?

Or, if I decide to use enpetrify instead (58 vs 47/30), I can only really get enpetrify (58.) + autoblink (12) + autostoneskin (17) + thief traits (12) = 99, I'm actually only really missing out on a killer trait, which isn't that bad, and it's also only 6 total abilities, incase there's a cap, and depending on what that cap is >_>

One last thing: Temperament stuff. I guess with a chigoe I'll want to side attack? From what I read that means somewhat wild and somewhat aggresive, correct? (Meaning spam Less thinking, more striking and give 'em a little more bite?)

Thanks

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Levelable enspell goes up to +50 iirc

if you want to beat buffed up elementals (spikes, ss, blink, phalanx) you'll need endispel or else you'll just kill yourself on their spikes while hitting for very little. Phalanx rapes enspells, and some will have auto-shell as well for enemy elementals or enspellers. Pretty sure best "endgame" chigoes needed en-dispel to win against mimics, eles, and ghosts.

I found auto-blink pretty meh at max level, since pit ambush wipes it and death trap/ga nuke removes it. Auto-shell and stoneskin are worth it. THF traits are good. Don't remember what else I used, but on our server rabbits were an issue so I think I ran beast killer

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Dispelling attack is only 23 FP so it would give me a bit more room for other abilities, depending, is there a cap on how many abilities you can have? <.<

If I go this path, I can do Dispel (23) + Shell (17) + Stoneskin (17) + Thief Traits (12) + Phalanx (23) and I have 8 leftover for a killer effect, or would subbing mnk or war be any decent?

You can only add 5 skills max (not counting innates).

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Alright, got my Chigoe almost ready.

Level 25 and climbing, got shell, stoneskin, phalanx, and thief traits on it. Not enough FP to throw in dispel yet, but I'm not really sure.

The one thing I'm worried about is not being able to do enough damage. I don't think chigoes are supposed to be durable, not much HP, only defenses are the evasion and stoneskin. I understand dispel would be good against spikes, stoneskin, etcs, but unless the dispel is 100% proc (is it?) it doesn't feel like it would do as much as a +25enspell. Since Chigoes aren't that defensive, wouldn't it be better to increase my offense?

Also, with shell and phalanx, spikes shouldn't be too big of a worry?

Anyway, is it possible to remove a skill once you've given it? I figured I would try the dispel first, then toss it for enspell if I felt like it, but I'm not seeing a choice on the npc <.<

also: current champ is a light ele, and its blink lasts much more than 2-3 hits, wtf >_>

Every mob is gonna have a weakness, you'll learn soon enough that Pankration is really a big game of Beetle-Crab-Ghost (or Rock-Paper-Scissors, if you will).

Any chigoe without en-dispel is gonna be vulnerable to spikes even with phalanx and shell if only because the most popular (and effective) spikes are ice, which can really mess you up via para.

An en-dispel chigoe's weakness is simply not being able to deal or take enough damage to outlast the other mob, they hit very weak and they don't have much HP, evasion is mostly what they have going for them.

Fully leveled Auto-Blink is 6 shadows I think, and yea you can remove abilities already on your mob, just trade it to the NPC that puts them on and you'll see the option. And no en-dispel (or en-any status effect) isn't 100%, but it gets better as it levels.

Some mob setups are better than others overall but they all have a foil.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

How do I make my pet side step attack thing or w/e its called

I got it ot somewhat wild and somewhat aggresive (FINALLY), but it still doesn't do anything, just attacks normally

I think "somewhat wild while aggressive" is the temperament for side-attacking but it's been a while since I've done pankration, so not really sure.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

There doesn't seem to be just an "aggressive", just somewhat and very aggressive :/

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I decided to just throw in +25enfire, since the dispel proc rate was kinda and I felt the added damage would help a bit more overall.

Sure, it doesn't win EVERY match, but no pet does, everything has counters etc. Already built up 30k jettons lolz, and this is pretty much what I wanted, so I'm content.

Also: Sidestepping for me was somewhat tame (not wild <_<)

Thanks everyone for the help!

Just dethroned a bitchy ice elemental, lololol

Spoiler: show

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I really wanna get into this for some Jettons does Soulflayer have any decent builds? Or is chigoe/elemental the only way nowdays

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't like my soulflayer very much. I tried to make an anti-elemental one but it's so meh.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yeah mine casted drain a lot and dark elements just eat that