FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Whore of the Orient (PC/PS4/720)

Shanghai, 1936. Whore of the Orient. Paris of the East. The most corrupt and decadent city on the planet, where anything can be had or done for the right price. Plaything of Western powers who greedily exploit the Chinese masses. Boiling pot of Chinese nationalism, with the Kuomintang ruthlessly trying to suppress Communism and the labour movement. Home to the International Police Force, a group of Western cops hopelessly trying to keep the lid on and keep the peace.

From the development team who brought you L.A. Noire and The Getaway, along with the Academy Award winning film production team of Kennedy Miller Mitchell comes a completely new and original IP being developed for next generation games consoles and PC.
    http://www.teambondi.com/

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I thought Bondi got shut down.....

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I thought Bondi got shut down.....
    Snip
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    After liquidation, Team Bondi's assets and most of its staff went to Kennedy-Miller Mitchell. Some of the former employees have gone to work in different Rockstar studios. Rockstar retained the L.A. Noire intellectual property.

Interviewed in November 2011, Kennedy-Miller-Mitchell heads George Miller and Doug Mitchell commented on the success of L.A. Noire and the acquisition of Team Bondi. Miller said that many staff members from Team Bondi 'immediately went to work on Happy Feet Two.'[51]

KMM also acquired the rights to Brendan McNamara's next game, titled Whore of the Orient, which McNamara describes as “one of the great untold stories of the 20th Century.”[52] Miller and Mitchell commented on this and another project, a game supporting the Mad Max sequel Fury Road, to which the remnants of Team Bondi may also be attached. According to Mitchell, 'With the government’s support we can immediately go forward with two games. Warner Bros is standing by, willing to do Fury Road; the incentive would bring it back here in a New York minute. It’s not immediately obvious but the potential in the video games sector is massive'.[51]

On 30th August 2012, Team Bondi officially confirmed they are developing Whore Of The Orient that is to be released on next-gen consoles and PC.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Wait this title isn't a joke? Seriously?

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Yeam I'm liking the title

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

My interest is piqued.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

"whore of the orient" is an old name for shanghai but I seriously doubt they keep it. "mom, please buy me the whore of orient"

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Whorient for short.

I enjoyed LA Noire, will definitely keep an eye out for this one.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

From the development team who brought you L.A. Noire and The Getaway, along with the Academy Award winning film production team of Kennedy Miller Mitchell
    Man I remember when video games were actually games.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

KMM Interactive, the studio made up of Brendan McNamara and some of the other remaining core members of Team Bondi, the folks who brought you L.A. Noire, has recently posted some job openings that suggest their next game, Whore of the Orient, will be finished and released in 2015.

Initially spotted by Superannuation (via Joystiq), the employee listings indicate that the game is a “narrative action adventure” that’s “similar in style to LA Noire,” and makes use of the familiar MotionScan technology that brought faces to ultra-realistic life in Team Bondi’s detective somewhat-point-and-click-but-not-really epic.

Full production on the game is indicated to commence full-stride as early as the beginning of 2013 and continue into mid-2015. With a year like that in mind for release, it’s feasible to believe that Whore of the Orient is a next-generation title for consoles and PC. But given the team’s history with L.A. Noire (which took seven years), what with delay after delay and handfuls of production issues… well, we wouldn’t blame you for being skeptical about a 2015 release.

To learn more about Whore of the Orient and its unique Shanghai setting, check out our initial summary article that details former director of development at TB Brendan McNamara’s pitch of the game, in that it’s “one of the great untold stories of the twentieth century.”
    http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/201...lease-in-2015/
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/14/ru...ming-for-2015/
    http://kotaku.com/5960576/whats-up-w...gaming-secrets
    http://www.gamesjobsdirect.com/jobs/...a-provided.asp
    http://www.gamesjobsdirect.com/jobs/...tion-phase.asp
    http://www.gamesjobsdirect.com/jobs/...production.asp
    http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/201...ndan-mcnamara/

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

I heard whore, so I came

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wasn't Bondi originally shut down because they treated their workers terribly? The programming equivalent of a sweat shop?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I heard whore, so I came
    I'm sure that happens to a lot of men.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The team formerly responsible for LA Noire who were now over at Kennedy Miller Mitchell are reportedly out of the job.

KMM was working on a detective thriller set in 1936 entitled 'Whore of the Orient', which was likely to use Depth Analysis again for some incredible and high quality acted visuals.

The unconfirmed rumours which have come to MCV via multiple sources state that the development team is no longer working on the game, but the company itself has yet to formally shut down.

The game never officially landed a publisher, and was only alluded to via an ephemeral web site which gave a few sparse details on the game.

It cannot be 100% confirmed that the studio is closed for good while the company is still running - and presumably therefore, still seeking funding - but at least for the moment it looks like no development is continuing on the ambitious project.

Update: Doug Mitchell of Kennedy Miller Mitchell has offered a comment on the matter.

While he hasn't officially confirmed or denied the fates of the Sydney-based developers, he has made it quite clear that KMM isn't giving up on Whore of the Orient just yet.

Mitchell told MCV: "Whore of the Orient is a unique and extraordinary story and game, and we are still actively pursuing the right investor to partner with."

Given the team's previous work, there is little doubt the game has as much promise as Mitchell suggests, and it is certainly good to hear that, whatever may be happening at KMM's Sydney studio, there's still hope for the title yet.
    http://www.mcvpacific.com/news/read/...id-off/0114296

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Leaked gameplay
    VideoGamer.com has acquired the first ever gameplay footage of Team Bondi's troubled next-gen project Whore of the Orient.

The exclusive footage, supplied to us by a trusted source, offers a first look at the lead character, combat, gunplay and city of the open-world action title, which previous publisher Warner Bros. is rumoured to have dropped in late 2012.

Team Bondi previously developed Rockstar Games' detective thriller L.A. Noire, and is thought to have been acquired by Australian production company Kennedy Miller Mitchell in 2011.

The Australian government granted $200,000 to the project in June following alleged lay-offs at the development team earlier this year. KMM is still thought to be seeking a publisher to back the project.

Brendan McNamara, writer and director of Whore of the Orient, has previously described the title as "one of the great untold stories of the 20th century".
    http://www.videogamer.com/news/whore..._revealed.html

Woah, still trippin on the title because, Aevis: "mom, please buy me the whore of orient", made me think how could they still be using it. Still, this looks interesting.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm ready for this.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

You guys are actually still interested after watching that horrible video?

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    You guys are actually still interested after watching that horrible video?
    I'm sure this is the final product and when it's released it will be identical to that video. How could I be so foolish to like such a game.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

They would need to nuke it and start from scratch to salvage anything from that video.