1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Any recommendations for Leatherworker 25+ and Weaver 30+? That's about where I am at now.

Just throwing this out here :

I don't usually use leves for Carpenter because I find that I can at least break even (on my server) by just buying logs off the AH and making tons of lumber, then re-selling it. I use a macro for the lumber so I can actually do other things while crafting (IRL that is) It's not 100% efficient but hey, laundry doesn't do itself...

The same can't be said for LTW and WVR though...nice thing about Carpenter is that the logs are always at regular level intervals. And they are obtainable by Gathering so sell on the AH for less.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Berabouman View Post
    Any recommendations for Leatherworker 25+ and Weaver 30+? That's about where I am at now.
    wvr30
    By the Seat of the Pants - 23912 xp, 410 gil
    Courier, Costa del Sol (Eastern La Noscea)
    1 Linen Chausses

ltw25
    Belts Served Cold - 8231 xp, 369 gil
    Town, triple
    3 Voyager's Belts

ltw20* if you're not concerned about leve efficiency this is a lot less effort than your 25 options.
    Fire and Hide - 5073 xp, 244 gil
    Town, triple
    5 Aldgoat Leather

30+ in general dye synths are good but you'll want to have a gatherer at that range as well.

Best repeatable tradecraft leves.

For 25 Leather
    Quarymill

Forgot the name of leve Quest
    But it's the one asking 3 x 3 items.
    69k exp

Cheap materials, double crafting work though.

Make Leather Duckbill (level 2)into Padded Leather Duckbill (level 21 ish)

Materials :
    Leather x 9, Undyed Hempen Cloth x9 ( cheap to get from NPC + easy to HQ Leather Duckbill )
    Then
    HQ leather duckbill x 9, leather x 9, Undyed Cotton Cloth x 9. ( easy to HQ also )

Spent around 500 gils, you gets 2.1k gils back, with random possible 3x 4xAldgoat Skin.

A good way to farm Aldgoat skins. I got like 100+ after spamming this.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

CUL 30

True Grits - 13887 xp, 144 gil
    Town, triple
    6 Cornmeal

Currently CUL 31. Is this the best leve to spam to get to 37? I did Walnut Bread at 20 and Chamomile Tea at 25 and had no problem HQing those. I have to pretty much get lucky with Goods/Excellents and pray to the RNG gods that I don't fail multiple touches in a row with SH1 up to HQ Cornmeal.

My crafting strat is IQ + SH to start, HT for quality, Manipulation at 20 durability, TotT when Goods proc, Standard Touch when Excellent procs, Rumination when I'm tapped for CP and SH + Standard Synth to finish the synth.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

When you don't have Byregot's Blessing, 40 duras are a bitch to HQ. This leve has the same issues as Cornmeal but it's a little more xp per turn in:

Pretty as a Picture - 22712 xp, 287 gil
    Courier, Costa del Sol
    5 Dark Vinegar

If you make Limsa homepoint, just take aethernet to fisherman's bottom and take the ferry to costa for 100g. Return, boat, or port back to keep costs down.

Otherwise nothing stopping for from keeping on doing the Chamomile Tea one. I did Vinegar up to 40 because the 35 ones kind of suck also imo.

May also consider farming up a bunch of crystals and dye pigments and plowing through those for a while. Good xp just for filling up the quality bar.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Just a little note but the GSM Leve 'Coral on my mind' is actually 40, not 45. Sadly red coral is pretty pricey on moogle so HQ rings are going from between 4k to 6k and NQ between 2.5k to 3k but if money and leve allowance are not a problem for you then i'd say its probably the best one to go 40-50 with

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I did Dark Vinegar from 30 to 40 as well. The mats were cheaper and frequently had bargain HQs available.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    May also consider farming up a bunch of crystals and dye pigments and plowing through those for a while. Good xp just for filling up the quality bar.
    I've done this for a number of crafts. It's cheap if you have miner or botany high to be able to collect the crystals your self. You can grab the pigment on the 2 spots that don't have crystals.

I would just do the great strides > touch route, finishes quicker than doing hasty touch spam. From any levels 30 to 35 this will get you 4-6k per synth. Doesn't hurt that the dyes sell decently too.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Does anyone know where to farm Boar Hides for LTW35+, other than the one in East Shroud?
    There are only 3-4 boars spawning each time over there while the area itself is too packed to even get a kill. The market price is just unaffordable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiseki View Post
    Does anyone know where to farm Boar Hides for LTW35+, other than the one in South Shroud?
    There are only 3-4 boars spawning each time over there while the area itself is too packed to even get a kill. The market price is just unaffordable.
    Have you checked leve quest reward ?
    They are random tho...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I recall l46 boars at Urth's Gift SE of Quarrymill.

A good reason to have a 50 combat class before getting into LTW (most crafts really).

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    Have you checked leve quest reward ?
    They are random tho...
    I didn't really check leve rewards though, was hoping for a more reliable source other than leve unless if we totally have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I recall l46 boars at Urth's Gift SE of Quarrymill.

A good reason to have a 50 combat class before getting into LTW (most crafts really).
    The Lv45Boars amount in Quarrymill indeed is better than the one in East Shroud/Hawthorne Hut. Surprisingly I didn't get a single drop from them even after 20 kills which I found very strange, while on the other hand, the boars in Hawthorne Hut drop the hides almost 90% of the time.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Currently out in the world documenting NPC vendor lists, found this of interest to 30 CULs:

True Grits - 13887 xp, 144 gil
    Town, triple
    6 Cornmeal

In Gridania at the Whistling Miller, NPC sells cornmeal for 57 gil apiece there. If you're good with taking a net gil cut and leve efficiency isn't a concern, nice way to buy your way past this level range. At the very least keep this in mind when checking market board.

Edit: Well on Hyperion there are plenty of listings for less than 57 gil on MB. Not enough to make this a profit (would have to be less than 24 apiece) but meh.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Calais Theron
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewind View Post
    I prefer Dried Prunes for the 25ish stage, since it's 1:1 mat to product, faster on the BTN side, moving on the Cornmeal next, will post if I find more preferred recipes
    Anyone know where this leve is for dried prunes?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It's not on my list so don't think it exists.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I took the leve "No More Dumpster Diving" from 35 cul to 50. Requires 1 Knight's Bread. Super cheap and 100k experience with HQs. Make Dragonhead a favored location. Botany makes this almost free, though the materials don't cost much for what you get.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Is there a specific level when the tradecraft leves go from 200% to 300% reward for HQ, or is % based on the type of leve it is (single trade in vs. triples)? Trying to plan out leveling paths for my remaining crafts and it's going to make my life easier if the 300% bonus starts sooner rather than later ~_~

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

There is no 300% bonus. It's a 300% total (100% base + 200% bonus).

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

1000 xp (+0% bonus, nothing special)
    2000 xp (+100% bonus, double)
    3000 xp (+200% bonus, triple)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kurai Entreri
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Whats a fast path to getting Carpenter up? Currently at 25 so far.
    I tried the 9x iron spears and felt it took too long for the xp.
    Allowances isnt a concern for me as I'm up to 75 or so.
    I typically get to around 80, burn em out on something, and wait for it to build up.
    I have armorer 50 and Cul 37. Rest are 18-21