Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Of Kclubs and Souleater     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Of Kclubs and Souleater

The other thread is not the place to discuss this elephant in the room, but obviously quite a few people have strong opinions on it. So here we go.

Does this need a change? If so, what?

I don't want to take away the sense of achievement that some LS's gained, by the hardest things in the game in under a minute. But I'm seeing the same sense of dread creeping over me at the thought that end-game is turning into "How many kclub drks can you throw at it?" It wasn't too long ago, when the accepted wisdom was "how many BLMs can you throw at it?"

Is this really how we want end-game to be?

My opinion, is no. Bosses should take some time to defeat; at least, somewhere over the 1 minute line.

Also, do we really want a lv63 weapon do be better than a lv75 weapon that's more expensive to get(relic vs. kclub)? SE has said they want relics to be the best. This is obviously not the case.

So how do we want to go about remedying this situation so we don't hurt other aspects? My person thought, is to have souleater only proc on the first hit of any multi-hit weapon. If the code allows, then allow double and triple attack traits to proc it, but if the extra hits come from the weapon itself, then it doesn't proc. Normal weapons would thus be mostly unaffected.

Before DRK's cry foul that it would limit them, I'd be open to suggestions about buffing them in other ways to compensate. Such as an anti-provoke. Pop it and it reduces your aggro by an amount.

I'm sure you have an opinion, so let's hear it.

Note: We're all well aware of AV. Personally, I feel SE screwed the pooch by not giving the playerbase enough to work on in the way of hints. 100% pop rate is a good step, so we can test more regularly. But unless they really designed it to last 18 hours (which is bad design, I think we can all agree), then we do need more regular hints. And personally I feel the kclub drk kill on AV is justified, for the years of BS. I would like to see Av become a fairly difficult mob that takes about an hour to kill, however. Less, if your LS is geared and really knows their shit.

In before the shitstorm

The challenge has gone and it's a sad day. People got greedy about the items it dropped and wanted an easy way to obtain them. Congratulations you got what you wanted. Now you have your items you can go back to your single player games and gameshark codes and leave the real playing to the adults.

Banned.

BG Level

Also, do we really want a lv51 weapon do be better than a lv75 weapon that's more expensive to get(relic vs.earth staff)? SE has said they want relics to be the best. This is obviously not the case.

Shit is situational

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You can use KC and Bloodweapon every 2 hours for 30 seconds.. There's alot of stuff to do in this game where having a Relic is way more useful.. KC is limited in use, and while it's very powerful with the right setup, it's only so for 30 seconds every 2 hours..

edit - all that said, im currenctly looking to buy a KC on Valefor O.o

Whether or not it is 'the way it's supposed to be', I am certain that within days we will see emergency maintenance in Al'taieu, and after that AV will be immune to SE.

Every time the players have come up with a way to defeat AV that is not "the way the designers intended", SE has fixed it without telling us how AV is supposed to be defeated. I see no reason why they would change from this pattern of behavior now.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Loan View Post
    You can use KC and Bloodweapon every 2 hours for 30 seconds.. There's alot of stuff to do in this game where having a Relic is way more useful.. KC is limited in use, and while it's very powerful with the right setup, it's only so for 30 seconds every 2 hours..
    You don't need blood weapon to be up to souleater kclub stuff, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Builttolast View Post
    The challenge has gone and it's a sad day. People got greedy about the items it dropped and wanted an easy way to obtain them. Congratulations you got what you wanted. Now you have your items you can go back to your single player games and gameshark codes and leave the real playing to the adults.
    LOL, Why are you taking it so personally?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

This will always be a fad. Maybe now DRKs but it's always something. Get rid of this and something else will replace it. Looking back over the years.. how many times have people said stuff like, "just throw rng at it.. just throw blm at it" e.t.c. before they got 'nerfed' in their time and now followed by the "just throw DRKs at it."

All bosses take some time to defeat by conventional means whatever those may be. Kirin for instance, a normal fight as opposed to the zerg fight. Both different ways of getting to the same goal. It's just really up to how your group is capable of going about it. If you can't kclub it down, then look at other viable options that you can with your group and not be bitter about other groups doing something you can't. It's just how the game is.

Not being a DRK myself, I personally don't feel like we need to go in and nerf them. Should be looking elsewhere.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

That short of time matters, because you can take down practically anything in the game, in that time. You might as well have a "Kill mob now" button.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    You don't need blood weapon to be up to souleater kclub stuff, lol
    Postcount +1?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

As loan said, there is only one situatino in this game where KC is actually equal to/better than a relic and that's in zerg. I don't see any reason for SE to make any kind of changes to drk, SEBW or AV.

KC is an item in this game with an incredibly low drop rate, therefore its not something that will be widely spread across the FF community.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji View Post
    The other thread is not the place to discuss this elephant in the room, but obviously quite a few people have strong opinions on it. So here we go.

Does this need a change? If so, what?

I don't want to take away the sense of achievement that some LS's gained, by the hardest things in the game in under a minute. But I'm seeing the same sense of dread creeping over me at the thought that end-game is turning into "How many kclub drks can you throw at it?" It wasn't too long ago, when the accepted wisdom was "how many BLMs can you throw at it?"

Is this really how we want end-game to be?

My opinion, is no. Bosses should take some time to defeat; at least, somewhere over the 1 minute line.

Also, do we really want a lv63 weapon do be better than a lv75 weapon that's more expensive to get(relic vs. kclub)? SE has said they want relics to be the best. This is obviously not the case.

So how do we want to go about remedying this situation so we don't hurt other aspects? My person thought, is to have souleater only proc on the first hit of any multi-hit weapon. If the code allows, then allow double and triple attack traits to proc it, but if the extra hits come from the weapon itself, then it doesn't proc. Normal weapons would thus be mostly unaffected.

Before DRK's cry foul that it would limit them, I'd be open to suggestions about buffing them in other ways to compensate. Such as an anti-provoke. Pop it and it reduces your aggro by an amount.

I'm sure you have an opinion, so let's hear it.

Note: We're all well aware of AV. Personally, I feel SE screwed the pooch by not giving the playerbase enough to work on in the way of hints. 100% pop rate is a good step, so we can test more regularly. But unless they really designed it to last 18 hours (which is bad design, I think we can all agree), then we do need more regular hints. And personally I feel the kclub drk kill on AV is justified, for the years of BS. I would like to see Av become a fairly difficult mob that takes about an hour to kill, however. Less, if your LS is geared and really knows their shit.
    I completely agree with this I think it would be a good alternative without messing things up too much.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Postcount +1?
    Kettle Pot?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Give the Kraken Club a unique Relic WS named "Expeditious Zerg", and you get to keep things as they are, and pretend that Relics are the best thing since sliced bread.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Souleater has a duration. It's not like Warrior's charge where its a one time use thing

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ninjafox View Post
    As loan said, there is only one situatino in this game where KC is actually equal to/better than a relic and that's in zerg. I don't see any reason for SE to make any kind of changes to drk, SEBW or AV.

KC is an item in this game with an incredibly low drop rate, therefore its not something that will be widely spread across the FF community.
    And yet, currently, it's the only way you're going to take down AV. Tell the other LS "so sorry"? That only 1 or 2 can become the chosen LS's?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhearted View Post
    LOL, Why are you taking it so personally?
    I'm not taking it personally I just hate that every time people bitch SE gives in and makes easy mode on everything. People gave up on AV and while changes did need to be made somewhat (to the total time it took to kill it, 10 hours is ridiculous), it's now a joke. It seems SE just gave up trying to make the game fun too since every time they did people complain until it is nerfed.

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

I say keep it how it is, at least AV is actually being killed now.

Demosthenes11

allakhazam.com is your friend

and lol @ rival QQing about them killing AV

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast