+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FFXI Reinstallation     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FFXI Reinstallation

Okay,

I've been up all night trying to install FFXI on my Girlfriend's new laptop. I don't have access to the discs at the moment so I'm just trying to transfer the C:/programfiles/playonline directory from her old laptop to her new one via an external harddrive. I did the same thing for my laptop when I upgraded it but I just can't seem to get it to go.

I know there must be 50 different topics and 50 different registry edits but none of them seem to work. Can anyone offer me a precise list of instructions on how to make her old PoL directory load on her new laptop?

The error I keep getting is, "playonline viewer installation cannot write to specified destination folder. Please check your access privileges."

I'm installing it right to C:/Program Files and she's an admin on the computer. The "ffxifix.bat" file that was in my folder did not seem to help.

Anyway, can anyone tell me what files I need to get/replace whatever and what I need to do with them? As as I said I'm sure the information is out there in bits and peices I just can't seem to find what I need.

Thanks in Advance.

Ryu

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

http://wiki.windower.net/guides/move...hout_reinstall

Is this something you've already seen/tried? I've never done it, but this is the guide I always hear people referring to for this process.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

What are the operating systems on the old and new laptop?