1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 31 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 146 of 148 FirstFirst ... 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

The exchange menu is fine. I think the people who have a beef with it don't understand what the exchange is for.

When you get a new leve, it shows you its objective and rewards, then asks to exchange leves. What I assume people are missing, is that each leve you exchange (pending that you actually completed it, which puts a 1-star by the title) buffs the rewards of the leve you are obtaining. That's why you can exchange 0-4 leves each time you choose a new one. The only stipulation of course is you HAVE to swap a leve if you have 8 old ones.

Also, the Necrologos levequests are probably the most difficult ones I have done so far, highly influenced by the fact that you have to fight elementals a lot of the time, and the page drop rates are across the board atrocious. I've failed all but one of the Necrologos series so far, two of which were timed out. They've also been the most interesting ones I've done by a good margin.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Khaz Modan

Sorry if this has been asked before... but is there anywhere to buy higher level bows and arrows in the beta?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Heh you aren't the only one wondering, I've been trying to find a bow also, but from what I found at the Carpenter NPC maybe you can synthesize some? I've been trying random recipes lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bombadil View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before... but is there anywhere to buy higher level bows and arrows in the beta?
    It's been asked before and no there isn't. You have to craft it yourself or find someone to do it for you.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

They either need to get rid of durability altogether or make it so the NPC can repair your shit completely. This is fucking stupid at the moment. My sword went from 50% to 0% in an hour of exping...

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Someone said earlier, I still think you should have to have crafters help you fix it to 100% but it should be way more streamlined instead of spending a few minutes for each piece of gear, especially if they want people to take crafters in a party for big raids.

I mean can you imagine taking like 12 War and Magic classes and a couple of Hand classes, would spend a lot of time fixing stuff.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    They either need to get rid of durability altogether or make it so the NPC can repair your shit completely. This is fucking stupid at the moment. My sword went from 50% to 0% in an hour of exping...
    Or make the equipment last longer!?

It's a farfetched idea for sure, but could work.

Hey guys, test going smoothly? Wondering if anyone else had the problem of their updater staying at 0%, yet the text says it's downloading at 100+kb/sec? I had it for the last patch, too and had to download it through torrent. However, this time torrent can't download it for some reason.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

A simple adjustment is all that it'll take for SE to fix durability or anything else in the game for that matter. I've been following all of the problems/issues going in the beta and i understand how much of a pain that presents. Hopefully though, SE didn't rush the game so much that these issues will have to be corrected after the final release.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Agito View Post
    A simple adjustment is all that it'll take for SE to fix durability or anything else in the game for that matter.
    yeah, there's alot of things that just need to be tweaked a bit and the game will be even greater. Right now it seem like they're only focusing on stability however which is more important. You can't go in and break more stuff until you're done fixing the server stability and general gameplay crashes.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

This damn exp bug isnt helping this already gruesome grind... Sometimes I dont get skill at all. Other times the game fucks up the math; when I should've gotten 500+ I actually got ~150.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

The whole durability / repair system just sounds horrible to me. Honestly I'd rather go back to losing EXP.

Am I reading this right; you also need to track down some sort of mats to repair your gear? I need to find / farm for mats, track someone down who's willing to repair my gear, and then trade each item individually?

Can any crafter repair anything? Or do I need to find a blacksmith to fix my weapon, a wood crafter to fix my bow, a leather worker to fix my armor and a goldsmith to fix my jewelery.

I know some of you think this is a GREAT BOON for crafters but it's really not. After a while when everyone is rich, no one is going to care about making 2k to repair your gear. It wont be worth their effort.

It's kinda like in FFXI. That first year, you could yell in jeuno "WTB Teleport 1k" and get one pretty quick cause people were poor and needed the cash; but nowadays you can end up shouting for an hour+ to find one.

Everyone just leveled WHM anyways for their own teleports. Same thing is going to happen in FFXIV after awhile. Do you think people really want to spend the time trying to track people down to do repairs? No. Everyone is just going to level the crafting jobs and repair their own equipment.

How is that going to help crafters and the economy when everyone has all the crafting jobs maxed out.

Can anyone comment on whether the durability decline is linear?

If 50% to 0% can happen in an hour, does 100% to 0% happen in two hours?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I bought a new shield before repairing my weapon and heading off to exp... The shield is at 38008/48800 after about... 3? hours of grinding?

This dagger has broken quite a few times... I think it gets progressively worse the more it breaks?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Weapons degrade faster because they are always being used.

Higher level mobs seem to degrade things faster as well.

I wonder if the bugginess of the durability system is making things degrade faster than they should?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    No he has a valid point, but I don't agree with the way he wants to fix the situation. Ultimately having NPC's deal with everything in the game would be most convenient, but it does take too much away from the interaction which at least I think is important to an MMO as whole, so I'd look at it from a perspective which wouldn't make crafting obsolete, and yet would still be convenient enough to not be a huge bother when you want to get shit done.
    The biggest problem I see with this is that it forces everyone who doesn't carry around legions of pocket blacksmiths to level smithing concurrently with any physical class they plan to level up, just to be able to repair their weapon.

Everyone keeps talking about the "best case scenerio" and what is "supposed to happen" with the system, aka. there just being lots of happily waiting blacksmiths at each node pounding away with their hammers and waiting to offer a fair price for their time.

Seriously?!

Does any player-driven system EVER work out as designed?

And I suppose the HNM system was flawless out of the design book as well, as it was "intended" for everyone to NOT be greedy exploit-driven fucksticks and work together to fight a common enemy without worrying about what it drops. Yeah, that did sound good on paper and in theory.

People are going to find ways to exploit this forced-repair thing. For people saying that its a great way to keep blacksmithing, and by default, crafting, relevant in the game, isn't that what being able to switch on the fly was for? I figured that being able to, at any point, whip out your hammer without having to run to town and craft something nice for someone or yourself would keep blacksmithing all the rage.

I dunno though; maybe I just don't see the beauty of this system. I don't mind weapon degradation at all, and I don't mind blacksmiths being the best hope to repair them, but being the LAST, best hope to repair them? Not a fan of that.

Its just another ultra-restrictive system that in theory, offers a myriad of "family together time!" choices, but in reality, serves as another roadblock to actual progression.

"But that's what makes FFXI fun! The extra challenge in its archaic old-fashioned-ness!" I can already hear it now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

the higger the difference level between weapon and monster we fight, the faster it breaks imho

New Odin
    BG Level

Holy fuck you are a broken record Lucavi.

Everytime you make something new, you have no idea if it will work or not. You can only assume what might happen.

That's just something you can't avoid. If that's not something you can tolerate, then don't fucking play the game. SW: TOR is right around the corner anyway.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Is there any indication that your weapon is broken besides durability saying 0/xxxx? Does it not let you use it? My axe says 0 durability, but is still working fine as far as I can tell.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

The damage is lower. I think the weapon is also darker in shade - on your character not the equip menu.