1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: can't open launcher :/     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

can't open launcher :/

Couldn't figure out weather to put this in tech or here figured better chance at solution here. Reactivated today and was updating my gsme. Mid update it lost connection. Restarted the launcher and now it opens the login screen but everything is blank) I can see where the news section and stuff goes but it's displaying no Content. Any ideas?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I know it sounds strange but try this

Add "ffxiv.com" in the list of "Trusted sites" in Internet Options. This should let the launcher to load the login page properly.

C drive >> users >> (my name) >> appdata >> local >> temp >> delete everything I can in that folder

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

See it was working fine u til the updatw got intrupted. But I'll give it a shot. It's under like my computer Internet options right?

Also might be noted login/ update area is blank also, but the links to the Internet at the bottom of the gui work and display fine

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

for the internet settings it's in the internet options of Internet Explorer

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

deleted everything in the temp folder you pathed to and no diffrence

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

ok reseting internet explorer options worked:

To reset Internet Explorer settings manually

Close anyInternet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.

Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.

Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.

In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.

Close Internet Explorer.

Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Try deleting your browser history (mainly cookies + temp internet files). Internet Options > General > "Browsing History" > Delete... > check the boxes for Cookies + Website Data and Temporary internet files

I would assume that does the same as Rata's previous suggestion, but it worth a shot.

If that doesn't work, try opening it as administrator (right click > Run as Administrator)

whoop, I was too slow