+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RDM Fast Cast question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

RDM Fast Cast question

Unless I missed a memo, Fast Cast caps at 80%. However, for RDM's gifts that give the Fast Cast effect (casting time -2%, recast -1%), do those count toward the FC cap of 80%, or do they break that barrier?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ath View Post
    Unless I missed a memo, Fast Cast caps at 80%. However, for RDM's gifts that give the Fast Cast effect (casting time -2%, recast -1%), do those count toward the FC cap of 80%, or do they break that barrier?
    They count toward the FC cap.

Casting time caps at 80%.
    Recast time caps at 80% too.... (see 9s Stun)

However, Fast Cast simply plays into these hard caps.
    So, remember with your -X magic casting time items, you're contributing to the FC reduction additively.
    And Arts contribute multiplicatively.
    But any way you get there, the caps are -80%.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I thought Byrth had done some testing a bit back that got recast lower than -80%

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

the only recast cap is that of Chainspell speed.

Edit: for testing sake I went and casted reraise which has a recast of 1 minute. On my RDM/WHM I just had a recast of 12 seconds with capped magic haste, 25% gear haste, and 80% FC. I could only get reraise down to 12 seconds which indicates that without using things like JAs the cap is 80%.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

How can you get it lower than 80% without chainspell thou? When I tried magic school recast -% gear I was still hitting the same cap.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    How can you get it lower than 80% without chainspell thou? When I tried magic school recast -% gear I was still hitting the same cap.
    Spontaneity (mini chainspell JA). I'm not a SCH so I'm not sure about their JAs, someone who is geared on it would have to test.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You can get ~4 second stun with sch JA (Alacity)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I just tried Reraise as RDM/SCH using Celerity and it still did not go below 12 seconds recast. So it looks like only RDM JAs can get below the 80% cap.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    the only recast cap is that of Chainspell speed.

Edit: for testing sake I went and casted reraise which has a recast of 1 minute. On my RDM/WHM I just had a recast of 12 seconds with capped magic haste, 25% gear haste, and 80% FC. I could only get reraise down to 12 seconds which indicates that without using things like JAs the cap is 80%.
    Well yeah that's more of a limitation due to the caps on fast cast/haste though. But yeah I remember 4 second stuns and such

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just tried Reraise as RDM/SCH using Celerity and it still did not go below 12 seconds recast. So it looks like only RDM JAs can get below the 80% cap.
    Maybe it only counts if main job for some reason?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well yeah that's more of a limitation due to the caps on fast cast/haste though. But yeah I remember 4 second stuns and such
    25% recast from gear haste + 40% recast from capped FC + 43% recast from magic haste = well over 80%, but it's not happening.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I had thought SCH could do that due to the alacrity enhancement on Argute Loafers +2(or whatever the current incarnation is.) since the enhancement fell into the same category as darkarts/alacrity.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Just tried it on SCH main (had to scrounge what FC and haste gear I could find). 43% recast from magic haste + 24% recast from gear haste + 22% recast from 45% FC + celerity and it still came out to 12 seconds on reraise.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Ok, went and made the argute loafers +2 (yes I went that far!) and I got it down to 6 second recast using celerity. So yes, you need those feet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

25% recast from gear haste + 40% recast from capped FC + 43% recast from magic haste = well over 80%, but it's not happening.
    (1-.68)(1-.4)= .192. Seems like that's close enough where you might run into rounding. But yeah maybe you need the enhance sch ability stuff

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

(1-.68)(1-.4)= .192. Seems like that's close enough where you might run into rounding. But yeah maybe you need the enhance sch ability stuff
    well I rounded the magic, which actually caps at 43.75%. So with updated math that's (1-.6875)(1-.4)=.1875.

edit: oops, forgot that need to truncate the decimal after multiplying haste amount. So what we get is:

(60s base recast) (1-.6875) = 18.75 => 18.7; (18.7) (1-.4) = 11.22s => 11s recast. But still saw 12s.

So only way to get around 80% recast cap is through JAs (or quick cast gear/atmas).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah yeah that should be visible then. So final conclusion is outside of insta cast 80% is the reduction cap for ja , haste, and fast cast but argute loafers +2 can go further and I'd imagine similar things could also like af feet's Grimoire: Reduces spellcasting time?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ah yeah that should be visible then. So final conclusion is outside of insta cast 80% is the reduction cap for ja , haste, and fast cast but argute loafers +2 can go further and I'd imagine similar things could also like af feet's Grimoire: Reduces spellcasting time?
    I believe I saw testing that SCH relic head and af feet, the Grimore Spellcast reduction counts as JA fast cast, and subject to a 25% cap.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just tried it on SCH main (had to scrounge what FC and haste gear I could find). 43% recast from magic haste + 24% recast from gear haste + 22% recast from 45% FC + celerity and it still came out to 12 seconds on reraise.
    Question: Did you have the proper Weather on? The Enhance Alacrity/Celerity only procs if you have the matching weather up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast