BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

MLB10 PS3

I know there's a thread already but it's just about a BG league and I didn't know if I should shit it up with random discussion. I just started a season last night with the Indians and I'm getting shit on. I think it's a combination that I haven't played a baseball game since Ken Griffey Jr. on the N64 and that the Indians are terrible but I'm not having any luck. I turned the batting down to the easiest setting and I have pitching on default. I can't hit the ball to save my fucking life, I had a game where I had 22 strike outs. >_< Pitching isn't much better, I feel like I'm getting the timings correct but I get wild pitches all the time even when I'm aiming right down the plate. Does anyone have any tips or anything? I really want to get into this game but I don't know how much more punishment I can take; I'm about to throw my controller through my TV. lol

tl;dr Do I just need to keep dicking with the practice modes or something?

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    I just started a season last night with the Indians
    There's your problem

Turn your sliders up and the CPU sliders down, get used to the swings, and gradually get adjusted. When it becomes too easy, just turn it up a notch

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah, just keep practicing. When I started my "Road to the Show".. I was hitting well in AA, but as soon as I went to AAA, I think I had a span where I was like.. 8-66 or something? Barely had any play time at all until I got training up and just worked on my batter's eye. Gotta watch those pitches and not swing at everything. If you're playing on Veteran+ and hardly touch the CPU's settings, they don't just chunk fastballs all day. It'll take time to get used to, but once you do, you won't have an issue.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ohemgee View Post
    There's your problem

Turn your sliders up and the CPU sliders down, get used to the swings, and gradually get adjusted. When it becomes too easy, just turn it up a notch
    Yeah, after an hour worth of updates/installs/etc I just wanted to dive into the game so I didn't mess with the sliders.

There's so many options and menus and shit that I have no idea what half of them do, the manual is worthless, and the in game help features don't really explain anything.