1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 4 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 5 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spiritbind tips     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Spiritbind tips

So I'm new to this whole spiritbind business. When I do runs like CM/Prae, I want to try and do it with crafted accessories. Here are some things I heard about:

• HQ gear/melded gear spiritbind faster than NQ/unmelded gear, is this true?
    • Only a minimum range of ilvl can convert to tier III materia (ilvl42+? or ilvl45?)
    • Spiritbind is based on how many mobs you kill?

Ok, so I wanna make HQ rubellite stuff, meld random materia on it, and just work my way to some easy extra gil. Is this plan fine? Or are there more effective gears to SB that doesn't involve going out of my way to do it?

Another thing is the militia stuff (ilvl55), will they convert to tier IV materias? Or is this pretty much only ilvl70? Hearing different things about this part.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Yes
    Exp earned
    Ilvl 55 coverts to IV at a low percentage clip.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ilvl 55 coverts to IV at a low percentage clip.
    Are you sure this true for DoW/DoM gear? I might have to start making some militia gear if it is.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Exp earned
    Has this been confirmed? I tried lowbie gear on some level 40s and level 20s and the rate seemed to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Are you sure this true for DoW/DoM gear? I might have to start making some militia gear if it is.
    It isn't true for combat classes. Look at the description of tier 4 materia for combat classes (base level 70) vs crafting classes (base level 55)

So you can get tier 4 crafting materia doing CM, but coil is the only way to make tier 4 combat materia(or spiritbond anything ilevel 70+).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    It isn't true for combat classes. Look at the description of tier 4 materia for combat classes (base level 70) vs crafting classes (base level 55)

So you can get tier 4 crafting materia doing CM, but coil is the only way to make tier 4 combat materia(or spiritbond anything ilevel 70+).
    If this were true, it would mean that you could only get T4 materia from the 2-star crafted gear. I find that incredibly hard to believe. The description on the materia doesn't mean anything for where it comes from, it just means where you meld it onto.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    If this were true, it would mean that you could only get T4 materia from the 2-star crafted gear. I find that incredibly hard to believe. The description on the materia doesn't mean anything for where it comes from, it just means where you meld it onto.
    Believe it. (Except for crafting accessories)

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've converted my HQ I.lv 55 Picatrix Of Casting into a Vitality Materia IV. Just one though, All my other converts, Like HQ Militia Armor gave me T3 Materia, including a second HQ Picatrix. So its a small chance. but theres still a chance.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So much wrong in this thread lol.

Yes, you can get T IV materia from ANY ilvl55 gear. It is a shitty low % though.

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post

Yes, you can get T IV materia from ANY ilvl55 gear. It is a shitty low % though.
    ^

Got a quickarm IV from an imperial operative wrist or neck (can't remember which) the other day.

The description on the materia is the minimum ilvl a piece has to be to accept the materia, not create it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post

Confirmed too, got tier IV from the HQ ilvl 55 Bow. Nice 100K surprise.