1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 23 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 10 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Details on Canceling Account.

So yeah, I havent played this game since about 2 weeks after its relase, and I finally got around to uninstalling the game, so I was looking for how exactly to cancel XIV.

On the very rare chance I come back to the game is why I want to be careful about it. I see two different 'cancels'; one in the main screen as 'Cancel Service', under 'Options List', and then the actual character under options list.

Cancel both, just the service, just the character? Im guessing both since the service costs $, as well as the charatcer.

Also, if I do cancel will I keep the character (with levels and gear) if I choose to reactivate, and keep all the preorder bonuses and such?

Never canceled or deactivated XI, so ive no idea how it works with SE.

Thanks

SayomiSassaki

Well, for FFXI you could cancel your account and reactive it when you come back so i suppose FFXIV is the same. If I was you I would cancel each (game + character) just to be sure because in FFXI your account had 1 character include but in FFXIV you need to pay for the game and the character...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

afaik you don't need to cancel the characters individually like in XI. You just go to cancel account. You only cancel characters when your account is active and you want to add/remove characters. But then again, when you cancel the account your supposed to be able to play until the end of the free trial, and i was unable to

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Do you technically even need to cancel the account? You have to buy your currency in chunks now, so wouldn't canceling be the same as simply letting your crysta run out? I haven't touched mine in well over a month and I was just planning on leaving it as is until March.

SayomiSassaki

Well maybe it will cancel automatically if you run out of crysta, but since its an obligation to pay a service you are subscribe to, I wouldnt mess with that. Now with all the search for credit the bank can make I wouldnt be surprise they can actually see that you pay or not your subscription to a game since they can see a magazine subscription.