+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

trouble loading videos online

Ok so i stream a lot of videos off line. I have 5mb download .5 upload speeds. Having troubles loading the videos lately. They like to constantly buffer and it affects 30 second youtube videos to 2 hour videos off streaming sites. Half the time i will play the video and it will buffer for 30 seconds play like 2 minutes and then buffer for 30 sec - 1 min every 5 seconds. Any ideas if its my isp, my computer, the websites? what

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

See if clearing cache, temp files, browser history, and running ccleaner helps.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

pretty sure i've done all that but i'll try again

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Try shutting down your browsers and uninstalling/reinstalling flash, too

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

A little out of the box thinking might help, too. I had a similar problem that was even more confounding because I have a 30/5 connection. Even loading 360p YouTube videos was a problem and online games were a lagfest. Graphs of my bandwidth usage under a steady load looked like seismograph. After some diagnostics with Time Warner T3 support we determined one of my downstream channels wasn't locking properly, effectively giving me a crappy connection. The cause? When the tech did the install when I moved in he put in a new grounding line what looked to be parallel to the coax cable. It turned out that when he drilled the hole it went in at an angle and tore away most of the cable insulation and sheath right down to the copper core. It's amazing it took 6 months for the issue to manifest itself.

I'm not saying your problem is exactly the same, but the problem could be some sort of deterioration of your coax cable thereby degrading your signal. It's especially possible if you have any lengthy runs outside of the house or just plain old cable.