+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Police on BG?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Police on BG?

any of you guys work in law enforcement? have an odd question for you before i call the local cops and waste their time.

on the most basic level its car theft, but the vehicle was "loaned" but only for a short amount of time, now the loanee refuses to return the vehicle, so I'm just wondering if the police can and will do anything to help my family out. there's A LOT more to it than this, and it definitely needs to come to this sort of tactic.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

well, do you have the title?

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

jmcmcargill or something like that is popo

maybe jmcargill, idk

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

simply put, if you can prove you own it, and they can't provide reasoning for why they should retain control, then yes the police can force it to be returned.

unless there's something fancy you're not telling us

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    well, do you have the title?

This.

I am pretty sure when it comes to vehicles, he who owns the pink slip, owns the car.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Yeah pretty much, I assume as long as you can produce the paperwork proving it's yours, they'll be forced to return the car. If you want to file charges it'd get a bit more complicated though.

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

yeah i'm pretty sure the title is around here somewhere, nothing special, it is what is at the most basic, the whole story is retarded, but this most basic part is just what it is.

no other laws are being broken

Just make the call, be polite and you'll get your answer. Call the local precinct and not 911.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by *Shinzon* View Post
    Call the local precinct and not 911.
    This.

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

yeah, id planned on non-emergency...

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Family member let someone borrow a car, for a period of time....... now person refuses to return the car to its owner? Yes, it can be considered car theft or unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, which of course both are arrestable offenses.

You will need the legal owner of the car to goto their local police to file paperwork on theft, and show correct documentation that the car is yours. Could be a title, copy of the registration etc....

*edit*

Police will take it like any other car theft. They will flag the license plate, so when its run through a officers MDT it will pop up as stolen and the rest of the process is known.

However, if your looking for the police to dedicate time just being out looking for that one car its more than likely not going to happen unless you live in a small town.