Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Soloing/Duoing Verdelet ZNM

OK i've got this pop item for a while and i can't find help at all, so i was planning to go solo it on RDM/NIN or duo with another friend

I know that to pull need to make sure that there is no imp in the way, to pull it to nashmau pool.

My RDM, no refresh equip (aka duelist hat dalmatica) but i got wlegs. about 10-12% haste in gear for utsu recast.

My Friend, about same thing as me, but he got duelist hat and no Wlegs.

MY friend has alot of solo experience on RDM while i have not.

So for all of you RDM soloer, think my RDM would be good to solo or should i ask my friend for help.

Also can i have any tips on fight ex difficulty/lenght for solo or duo? ^^

Thx

I "duo'd" it with a certain SMN who posts on these forums, but I'll leave that name out of it because I ended up soloing most of it heh. It's pretty easy to kite, I went in as RDM/NIN without wlegs and they weren't even needed since he stops and casts so much. The only thing that might kill you is frenetic rip, but as long as you pay attention, you'll do fine. Easy solo, even if you've never solo'd much of anything before.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My summoner nooo Q_Q My advice: Dont get in range of frenetic rip!

On a more serious note, you really don't need movement speed for this fight as Sai said. He casts magic so much that you can get far away from him. The only problem is that if he does get in range of you, his frenetic rips do hurt very bad. On my smn, it would 1 shot me I believe, even with a full stoneskin. Died about 5 times that night so I wasn't much help. <_<

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As long as you keep running, even if you start on top of it practically, Frenetic Rip won't touch you.

As noted, it stops to cast a lot making it a bit of a joke. It will randomly use crappy stuff like aeroga 1 as well; it doesn't only stick to high-tier spells.

My one recommendation would be not to cross paths because of sleepga; that's about the only thing that can go wrong with him. Very easy.

Oh, also hug the pond due to chigoes though they shouldn't hurt you through SS/Phalanx etc. More of a nuisance.

i soloed it at 72rdm/36nin with no enfeebling skill on my new char, it just took forever, i doubt anyone who isn't retarded would have any problems with it

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    My RDM, no refresh equip (aka duelist hat dalmatica)
    vermy is 500-600k.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I was under the impression that it does have rage mode where doesnt take magic damage. I havent gotten to that point but I've done only as duo, not solo. You'll even be okay with frenetic rip as long as you have all of your shadows. Whatever magic reduction/MDB you can scape together makes it a little nicer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Altariel View Post
    I was under the impression that it does have rage mode where doesnt take magic damage. I havent gotten to that point but I've done only as duo, not solo. You'll even be okay with frenetic rip as long as you have all of your shadows. Whatever magic reduction/MDB you can scape together makes it a little nicer as well.
    It full resists any non-ele sealed nukes at that point, but bio still works.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Find a couple BSTs and let them have at him.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In reguards to the rage issue, if it happens and you're feeling safe doing it just put a fresh bioIII on it and zone in and out of Nashmau it should be removed.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tzaellia View Post
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Tzaellia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkrish View Post
    This
    Can even add some SMN in there too.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Could RDM/NIN and a BST duo him? I also have the pop item and haven't bothered to use it up to now. My RDM friend has AF2 hat and some decent haste gear, and I have decent gear for my BST and a couple Beast Affinity merits.

Would hate bounce all over the place and mess things up, or would it be ok? Sheep as pets or just CC?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Well the way my group does ZNM, for most of it is what ZNM is abbreviated for us: Zoning Nuking Monsters. We just bring them to a zone and zone/nuke/dot them. We did this for almost every ZNM from teir 1 to 3 except few that can't be zoned. Works good and usually kills in 10-15mins. Only issue is steal really but who steals ZNM? Just bring rdm blm sch w/e and do that and win easily. Remember team up at the last 5% then just nuke it normally.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Does he run back to the ??? at Imp speed or "walk" back normally? If it's just the usual walk back then I could see a SCH Helix/Bio soloing him.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

He walks back normal speed, well a bit faster because it's an IMP so have to catch it fast. When I did it with my group, a couple of my members got pussy and didn't claim when they zoned back out so it went too far and we had to grab it back to zone from always half way to spawn point.

If you're going to do this, do it right by subbing NIN, I don't care if you love stupid spells other subs give you but sub NIN so you don't die instantly from it's spells when you cast your dot/spell on it.

Plus anything other than NIN sub for doing zoning nuking is worthless, seriously wtf are you going to do with no shadows.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

On the topic of ZNMs, semi off-topic, but which ZNMs can't you solo anymore post-update?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
    On the topic of ZNMs, semi off-topic, but which ZNMs can't you solo anymore post-update?
    Don't think it would have any effect since ZNM solo's don't utilize bind/gravity as the main source of survival.