+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

T3 VNM's Krabkatoa and Verthandi

Hola BG,

Ive tried for a few hours now, sifting through all 41 pages of the abysea hnm thread and i am having extreme difficulty finding strategies for taking on Verthandi and Krabkatoa as an alliance.

I have seen many many many posts about solo/duo/trio, pinning, titles etc. I have not seen however any strategies to take them down.

I know i could just grab 18 people from the shell and throw bodies at it till it dies but i was hoping for something a little more structured. Specifically, the least amount of people needed and jobs to get it done. (aside from throwing rdm/nin's at it)

For instance:
    Played with Verthandi last night.
    Pt setups were:
    Tank Party
    Pld/nin
    Whm/sch
    rdm/whm
    Brd/blm (ES elegy)
    Thf/nin

Pet Party
    Rdm/whm
    Smn/whm
    smn/whm
    smn/whm
    bst/nin
    Cor/rng (using evokers roll and pup roll to help with predator claws accuracy)

This worked suprisingly well up to the point where the pld went down after encumberance. The tough thing was, even though the garuda's were tearing her apart, we have no idea how well we did because of the whole no HP bar thing.

I may have missed it in the 41 pages of the thread (and yes i used the search function) but is there a compilation anywhere of good alliance setups for the various T3's? Specifically Pixie and crab.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

could try wiki and click the discussion pages

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Pet burned Verthandi with BSTs and SMNs (I tried Automaton but it was getting resists even fully merited with 3 Ice Manuever Tranquilizers). Fairly smooth with the occasional death on a SMN. Think we had around 12 or more in the pt.

Chances are this isn't what you're looking for XD

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm not sure how you were unable to hold it with all those pet jobs while the pld recovered but w/e. I would bring 2 tanks to all T3 vnms so you don't run into problems like that again. Tank party + ranged damage on pretty much any VNM is pretty failproof. Just use ele BP smns or nukes for Krab instead of RNG.

Also random question thread (Or just ask in the VNM thread)->

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

i found that 2 rdm/nin tank better then plds or rdm/nin and a pld.
    The only thing i would change really is 2 tanks instead of one and use 2 Rdm/nins.

i do
    rdm/nin
    rdm/nin
    rdm/whm
    whm/sch
    brd/blm
    whm/sch

cor
    smn
    smn
    smn
    smn
    thf

for fairy and krab usually.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Oh yeah and SAM tanks work pretty well on pixie. Seigan can be a life saver.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It hasn't been said but using height differences is good for all the T3s.

Verthandi:
    SAM SAM BRD COR RDM WHM will kill it in a reasonable timeframe pretty safely with average gear, may want to consider bringing extra in case of d/cs or whatnot depending how much leeway you like.. sams sub nin, if rdm is /drk they can stun mute and dispelga tp moves

Krakbatoa:
    MNK MNK BRD COR RDM WHM
    Consider bringing extra mages depending how well you manage mp/etc. Chakra will remove venom shower and it very rarely uses it more frequently than chakra recast. MNKs should tank in a V formation with it, so that mages can be in curing range while >21 from krab itself and mega scissors will only hit one MNK. About a 10 minute fight.

I'd say something about bringing a THF, but we don't get drops either way so w.e

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    Verthandi:
    SAM SAM BRD COR RDM WHM will kill it in a reasonable timeframe pretty safely with average gear, may want to consider bringing extra in case of d/cs or whatnot depending how much leeway you like.. sams sub nin, if rdm is /drk they can stun mute and dispelga tp moves

Krakbatoa:
    MNK MNK BRD COR RDM WHM
    Consider bringing extra mages depending how well you manage mp/etc. Chakra will remove venom shower and it very rarely uses it more frequently than chakra recast. MNKs should tank in a V formation with it, so that mages can be in curing range while >21 from krab itself and mega scissors will only hit one MNK. About a 10 minute fight.

I'd say something about bringing a THF, but we don't get drops either way so w.e

WTF really? Poisona won't work but Chakra will?!

Also couldn't you just get a bunch of RDM's or SCH and nuke him down while pinning on the fence?

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Also couldn't you just get a bunch of RDM's or SCH and nuke him down while pinning on the fence?
    The OP asked for a group strategy and specifically mentioned he already read about lowman with pinning. This setup will kill faster than 6 of any mage manaburning it while pinned anyway, and doesn't require you find obstacles or pull it to them.

Plus, pinning is fucking retarded.

Edit: MNKs both reported that chakra removes it last night. Not sure why it does when poisona/meds don't, but I have no reason to disbelieve them and didn't notice their hp dropping post-chakra.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

WTF really? Poisona won't work but Chakra will?!
    I know right? God forbid a 5 minute recast JA is good for something other than saving a mage 80 MP.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Krabkatoa-

use 2 pld/nin- Front and Back
    have a sam or 2 for SC
    and plenty of blms to MB at around 50%.

use BLM t2/t3 to bring it down. 2-3 SC's from 50% should finish it off.

We also have our BLM's stunning the hate reset move, but if I remember correctly it builds resistance to it after a while.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

chakra info is pretty nifty

I had considered a dual sam tank for the pixie, but people were concerned with the amnesia.

So 6 people can fight it straight up no problem? Oo

So 6 people can fight it straight up no problem? Oo
    6 good players with a proper job spread can do any of the t3s except orcus straight up no problem

Any videos?

I wanna get into VNM for Krab shells, but I don't want to have to join some stupid, jacked up shell to do it either.

If you need a video to understand how 2 MNKs + support kill a mob with weaker tp moves, less defense, and less hp than a chariot, I don't know what to tell you.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Do you pretty much fight it exactly like a chariot (i.e. use counterstance, don't need a PDT set, etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    If you need a video to understand how 2 MNKs + support kill a mob with weaker tp moves, less defense, and less hp than a chariot, I don't know what to tell you.
    Not all of us whore ourselves to endgame. I'm mostly versed in crafting, EXP & some light events (assault, etc) so excuse me.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Awesome, awesome info. Im loving the Chakra piece.

This was exactly what i was looking for. Thanks guys.