1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 1 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 8 hours, 8 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Garuda, Ruler of the Skies! (04/24/2012)

Source: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...0bcefe4ae333c8

Patch 1.22 will feature all-new battle content pitting adventurers against Garuda, the primal of wind. Two encounters will be implemented: a standard battle for level 40 light parties (four members) and a hard mode designed with level 50 full parties (eight members) in mind.
    Garuda

Worshipped by the Ixal, this capricious primal commands the winds. A figure equal parts woman and avian, Garuda calls the sky her dominion and the storms her servants.

Ixali teachings portray Garuda as the Empress of Birds. In the age of myth, she slew the malevolent Lord of Snakes, ending his foul attempt to bind the world’s creatures to the earth. It was through this deed that birds might now soar freely amid the clouds. The ferocity of the battle, however, left the victorious Garuda sorely wounded. She feasted on the carcass of the reptilian king to restore her strength, and, with her wounds thus healed, once again took wing. Legends say that Garuda’s bloody banquet, whilst healing her physical form, also left her with a taste for the flesh of land-bound mortals…

Thus for the flightless Ixal who claim kinship with birds, their bloodthirsty guardian deity is a source of both rapture and terror.
    The Howling Eye (Hard)

VIDEO

Garuda Weapons
    Run for the rocks!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sad to see them reuse the nail concept from Ifrit but I assume the rocks also serve another purpose considering they're in place from the very beginning.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It's kind of the opposite of the nails in principle, but the same in execution (higher DPS on disparate targets = less damage received). Save the rocks by killing adds, take less damage from Aerial Blast.

This looks a lot more fun than Moogle. It should also be a true 2-tank fight, which is something I've wanted for a long time.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

AoE and knockback... wonder what they meant by making this melee friendly >.>

Fight looks tight. I just wish I could find a good LS on Aegis that's hiring.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

so she spits out feather-baby adds and then garuda adds? and gdi, i didn't even notice people killing the pillars while the rest of the fight was happening

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

She is reallllly creepy.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

That battle theme is epic... lol

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Sad to see them reuse the nail concept from Ifrit but I assume the rocks also serve another purpose considering they're in place from the very beginning.
    I don't think they are nails. Unless I'm mistaken it looked like the plumes exploded and lost health without anyone hitting them. I'm thinking they are traps. Get too close and they explode, unless you set them off from a distance.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I think it works like that one dragon boss in cavern heroic (WoW 4.0.1) where you need to hide behind rock pillars before AoE goes off to mitigate damage. Difference here being that it only reduces damage taken as opposed to completely nullifying the damage.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    I think it works like that one dragon boss in cavern heroic (WoW 4.0.1) where you need to hide behind rock pillars before AoE goes off to mitigate damage. Difference here being that it only reduces damage taken as opposed to completely nullifying the damage.
    I was thinking the same. Hopefully it's true. I'd love to see the terrain play a larger role in fights.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I was thinking the same. Hopefully it's true. I'd love to see the terrain play a larger role in fights.
    Pause the video at 1:43 and you'll see that this is most likely the case. The damage taken by the party seems fairly static. People closer/more behind the rock taking 1300 while people farther from it taking 2000. It looks like 2000 damage is the cap though since someone is way out in bumblefuck getting wrecked and taking same damage.

BG Level

I'll take a look when I'm out of class. Taking notes and talking with a friend if it's going to be a Monk or Axe burn

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

The organ music track is for this fight? FUCK. YEAH!

Yeah, it looks to me like you use the rocks to reduce damage, but eventually they take too much damage and get destroyed.

dat music

The music is badass, I just hope the fight is equally so.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Dat music, dat scream, looking forward to it!

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

PLD may have gotten a slight buff again... The PLD in this video has 3670 HP wearing AF gear. Unless they cheated and stacked a ton of HP materia on a Sentinel Plate Belt thats almost currently impossible. I busted my ass on PLD just to get 3440. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    PLD may have gotten a slight buff again... The PLD in this video has 3670 HP wearing AF gear. Unless they cheated and stacked a ton of HP materia on a Sentinel Plate Belt thats almost currently impossible. I busted my ass on PLD just to get 3440. lol
    I'd assume 1.22 comes with some job changes, so hopefully PLD gets another boost to better compete with WAR.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I'll take a look when I'm out of class. Taking notes and talking with a friend if it's going to be a Monk or Axe burn
    Dunno, if hiding behind pillar is important this will devolve into a ranged fight. ARC-Burn!

Fight looks fun though.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    Dunno, if hiding behind pillar is important this will devolve into a ranged fight.
    You were expecting something else? Fool me twice, etc.