Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: Best FFXI nostalgia moment?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starting areas

96 30.19%
  • Valkurm Dunes

96 30.19%
  • Limit breaks 1-4

22 6.92%
  • AF1

36 11.32%
  • Maat Fight

32 10.06%
  • Shadowlord Storyline

24 7.55%
  • RoZ Storyline

28 8.81%
  • Sky Endgame

55 17.30%
  • CoP Storyline

130 40.88%
  • Sea Endgame

18 5.66%
  • ToAU Storyline

11 3.46%
  • WotG Storyline

9 2.83%
  • Ground Kings

53 16.67%
  • Dynamis

38 11.95%
  • Limbus

23 7.23%
  • Besieged

10 3.14%
  • Campaign

5 1.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

What's your best FFXI nostalgia moment?

After seeing Jeuno crowded again this weekend and inspired by Darkslitter's fun chart. I'm wondering what's everyone best old school FFXI moment.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

The day I walked into windhurst bone craft guild... or the fishing mithra... tough choice...

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    The day I walked into windhurst bone craft guild...
    http://avveno.ytmnd.com/

When everyone was below level 60 and you had a full alliance of noobs walking in that annoying ass snowstorm to do Boreal NMs...that was pretty memorable. Most of the humble beginnings of NA launch were memorable. COP will still be my favorite expack, even if the endgame was shit. WoTG-era is a giant blur of instant gratification, for the most part.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I started out in Sandy and I spent most of my time there until it was time to make the trek to Jeuno to get my chocobo license, so when I finally left, it felt like the most epic journey. I was guided there by a couple of level 40s and I stayed there and rode a pretty yellow bird back to my lovely hometown.

It felt like I was gone for a really long time, so when I got back to Sandy, I honestly felt like, "I'm home." Even now, I can hear the bagpipe music and remember running back and forth in front of the S Sandy AH, that's one of the most nostalgic places for me in all of FFXI, and one of the few things that can make me feel like I want to come back to the game until I think about all that's changed and how much I would probably hate it now.

I will also never forget my first Dynamis LS and our first DL kill, everyone was on vent hooting and hollering and my roommates thought I had gone fucking crazy. We'd tried and failed so many times that when we finally got him down, it felt like the most amazing accomplishment. I still remember who got the Shadow Ring that dropped, and this was back in 2008.

And the other really great moment for me in FFXI was the PW attempt we streamed, from time to time, I go back to that thread and read it and remember just how much fucking fun that was.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

First Fafnir kill with TG on Fairy.

The JP linkshell that monopolized it liked to skillup while they waited for it to spawn, so none of them were in the pit. Meanwhile we had logged out our entire linkshell in the pit and were using my level 5 mule to occasionally log in and see if it was up. When it finally spawned, we managed to log in the entire linkshell simultaneously and kill it before the JPs could get back down to the pit and claim it. Of course this was so long ago that we didn't even know not to stand in front of it, and the fight took probably literally two hours, so we lost probably ten tanks to Dragon Breath...

Another one was about two months later, when Nidhogg popped with literally about twelve minutes left before maintenance and we managed to down it with less than 30 seconds to go before the servers shut down. We were literally getting the "please log out" message during the whole fight. I'm not even sure how we managed to down it so quickly back then, but we did somehow. http://nidhoggohnoes.ytmnd.com/

Also this:
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...6-12-57-51.jpg

First kill on Fairy, 06/15/2005.

Ryko could tell you more about these, if he ever comes around here anymore.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

HNMLS I used to play with was trying to fuck with a bunch of random NMs - this was way back in like 2006 - and we went to Oztroja to fight Tzee Xicu the Manifest. The SMN Yagudo clan leader. Now to get to him you have to go the route where you go for G3 which involves dropping through that hole. I got aggro near the top of the hole and thought, ill just Sleep2 him and when he wakes up I will be gone.

That worked ok for about 20minutes. We are engaging the NM. Then disaster struck.

No less than 100 yagudo linked and swarmed us. My slept nemesis linked the entire fucking zone and found us. It was a goddamn massacre. Funniest fucking thing ever. LS hated me for a while...

6A Mithras

You know, if that were an option in the poll, everyone would've picked it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    When everyone was below level 60 and you had a full alliance of noobs walking in that annoying ass snowstorm to do Boreal NMs...that was pretty memorable.
    I found a group on allakhazam to do those... it was horrible.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    I will also never forget my first Dynamis LS and our first DL kill, everyone was on vent hooting and hollering and my roommates thought I had gone fucking crazy. We'd tried and failed so many times that when we finally got him down, it felt like the most amazing accomplishment. I still remember who got the Shadow Ring that dropped, and this was back in 2008.
    I found this from 8 years ago: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/314...-Lord-Strategy

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Easily CoP storyline/Sea endgame is my #1 memory. Shit was so much fun. RDM soloing too, but that wasn't up there.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

This one time after maintenance me and Aurara were logged off in the Fafnir pit. He was rdm and I was pld.... Bad things ensued

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Mafai View Post
    This one time after maintenance me and Aurara were logged off in the Fafnir pit. He was rdm and I was pld.... Bad things ensued
    easily one of my lesser moments.

Ridill
    BG Level

I'd have to say sky probably, just due to the fact that those 2 fucking legs (bh and wlegs) kept people having to go back for so damn long that albums that came out in like 2004, 2007, and 2009 all end up reminding me of times in sky listening to them over and over lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

CoP storyline. 3rd times the charm to down the mission defining BC known as "One to be feared". Took my set months just to peek at sea.

Looking back though, that shit was stress inducing and annoying having to tell people to do this and that repeatedly for months. A part of me will always remember it for the thrill and camaraderie it brought. The other part is just glad it's over and I can just simply play FFXI.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Hilarious reading that dynamis lord thread. It's amazing how little we knew back in the day.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't see a
    Vana'diel March kicking in when you had to afk on the character select for a couple minutes
    option.

Can't wait for SoA to make me hate the main menu theme again, since it seems every other expansion adds an annoying new tune.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Raogrimm and the Ark Angels. Nothing gets me harder than thinking about how invested I was into the game back then. They should have done much,much more with the AA.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Was doing nations missions on my mule the other day. The nostalgia was glorious.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Oh man, so many good choices up in there. Personally, I think it was the time from 1-60 right after the NA release, with CoP missions being a close second. Granted, I loved the many years spent doing endgame, but nothing hits the nostalgia button quite as hard as the dunes in the first couple of weeks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast