Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Configuring a wired 360 controller?

I haven't played in probably two years, saw there was a free period and wanted to revisit Vana'diel at least for a bit...and I can't get my 360 controller to work properly.

The FFXI Config won't get the Dpad to do anything at all in-game, all the buttons do the wrong things from what they were set, and only the movement and camera controls actually work. And I got the up and down on the left analog stick to be reversed somehow in my most recent attempt to get it working.

Everything looks good in "Test Gamepad" and then barely a fucking thing actually corresponds to what the controller does in-game.

Does anyone have a config file for the 360 controller to be set up the same as the PS2 controller was? I've been fucking with the thing for an hour and it's severely pissing me off. This is the stupidest thing ever.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I use a custom 360 driver/setup. http://archive.jonnys-place.com/index.php?topic=10495.0

Allows the triggers to be set at buttons, can set the xbox guide button as a button itself as well, and can have the 1-4 indicators set (useful for profile IDing if you run multiple).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Hmmm. They did just add that XInput option for controllers, would that change have effected you?

Campaign
    BG Level

Please read this thread, all of it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Basically you guys decided to delete the xinput feature and go back to the way things were before. You definitely could have said that instead of linking all of that. =/

Campaign
    BG Level

Not sure I get your need to complain about it Hoshi =/
    First: I was in a hurry and I had the link already in my cache from just pasting it to a friend's chat.
    Second: it's an ongoing discussion with new details coming up with new posts, so I thought it would've been better to just link to the whole discussion instead of giving some tl;dr summary. Furthermore, understanding what is happening instead of just posting the "temporary solution" we found, seemed like a better idea to me.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

SE adds xinput support after all these years however they hardcoded the buttons mapping in the xinputdll.dll file. In the English version of the game A is cancel and B is confirm, which is the JP way. However in the JP client their xinputdll.dll file has the US way with A being confirm and B cancel.

Campaign
    BG Level

This is what I heard Zumi, but when I tried getting the xinputdll.dll file form the JP TOOLS version and overwriting it into the EU TOOLS version and in the FFXI folder, I got the same result (A for cancel, B for Confirm, i.e. JP layout).
    This suggest me that the hardcoding part is not in the xinputdll.dll file itself but somewhere else.