BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Server Populations     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

tuesday morning 9am est: carbuncle had 3500+, the jp's will never let it die!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Monday 11:43pm est: Bismarck 1,296

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Bumping again.

I'm Curious to know the peaks of other servers game times? Leviathan peaked to 1800 around 10am EST
    However now @ 1 PM EST it's dwindled down to 1092. during the week it's under 1000.

This server consists mostly of JP and PST player base.
    I'm finding some of the bigger linkshells here shouting for VW runs, Delve runs etc.
    It's really turning to a ghost town.

Man I just started playing my char (again) hahaha and its so dead to rights. I seen someone shouting for Divine Might, so I asked him and his friend how long they were trying to finish ZM14? He told me they been stuck for over 3 weeks so I went up on BST and did the fight with them. man was it Pure Nostalgica!! gave me goosebumps!

servers dwindling just makes me sad

Well with that little story can some of you enlighten me on current server population's?
    Thanks!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's about identical here on Fenrir. JP time goes up 1500-2000, NA time is 950-1100.

1054 right now

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It is exceptionally rare for NA on Quetzalcoatl to be over 800. JP time I have seen as high as 1700.

It's a ghost town. There is one LS capable of self sustainability; the rest of the population just flounders.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

bismarck averages around 1100 any given time of day.

this thread needs to be updated across all servers bout a month or so post 14 launch tbh. curious to see how some servers survive post aug 27th

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Valefor 1,329 currently, around low 800 - mid 900 in EU prime, and barely breaks 1k at NA prime.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Phoenix 1500. But it seems like a ghost town.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Slyph 1311, today; however, there are 1600 logged in in beaucidine.

Campaign
    BG Level

In reply to Kaisha from the other closed thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    It worked back then
    Not sure about that.
    I mean, I agree with you today it would be waaay worse, but that doesn't mean it was okay back then.
    Don't you remember the lag in Lower Jeuno and afterwise in Whitegate?
    Or the over 300 people at Dragon's Aery?
    Or the queues in BCNMs, at Gods spawn points, at all other NMs. Even stuff like Nyzul was uberly congested and back then I don't think we even had over 3,5k people.
    Oh and the XP camps.
    Let's talk about every fucking merit camp being taken back then.
    Not only on some jobs you had to wait insane amount of times to get an invite or to assemble a pt, you also had the frustration of not being able to find a decent XP camp free, or people arriving after you and "stealing" your mobs blahblahblah.

So really, I don't really miss that kind of population. Rather than the low peaks of under 1k or the high peaks of over 4k I'd take a somewhere-in-between compromise anytime, but that's just me I suppose.

The game today, as you mentioned, is more focused on a restricted set of areas (which makes you feel less the issue of being in an underpopulated server) and heavily relies on instanced content (which destroys the need to get in queue, wait for your turn etc), but it has consequences too, and they're on the server performances and we all see that everyday I guess =/
    I don't really know how the server is phisically structured, but I assume it's a huge array of VMs, and clearly they rely on different physical resources, and clearly some of these resources end up being very free and unusued while others get overused and produce slowdowns in the performances.
    Of course they could change the structure to something more "dynamic" granting a better use of the currently available resources at any given moment, but we all know the amount of work that would require on their side and that it's not going to happen for a 11 years old game with a very old code which probably has very little reference or documentation to produce successful changes of this scope.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

655 on Cerberus during NA prime time last night. Lowest I've ever seen it.

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

2k tonight on Ragnarok, JP prime time.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Levi: 700 at the start of EST prime, I've never seen it above 1.2k at the height of est prime time. JP prime time on levi is kinda weird as well, sometimes I see 1k, sometimes 1500, sometimes 700. I figure that since a lot of the JP shells that are successful don't really grind after they cap gear they just quit until new content is released (Bossanova, BLUESKYBLUEBLUESKY, etc)

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    In reply to Kaisha from the other closed thread:

Not sure about that.
    I mean, I agree with you today it would be waaay worse, but that doesn't mean it was okay back then.
    Don't you remember the lag in Lower Jeuno and afterwise in Whitegate?
    Or the over 300 people at Dragon's Aery?
    Or the queues in BCNMs, at Gods spawn points, at all other NMs. Even stuff like Nyzul was uberly congested and back then I don't think we even had over 3,5k people.
    Oh and the XP camps.
    Let's talk about every fucking merit camp being taken back then.
    Not only on some jobs you had to wait insane amount of times to get an invite or to assemble a pt, you also had the frustration of not being able to find a decent XP camp free, or people arriving after you and "stealing" your mobs blahblahblah.

So really, I don't really miss that kind of population. Rather than the low peaks of under 1k or the high peaks of over 4k I'd take a somewhere-in-between compromise anytime, but that's just me I suppose.

The game today, as you mentioned, is more focused on a restricted set of areas (which makes you feel less the issue of being in an underpopulated server) and heavily relies on instanced content (which destroys the need to get in queue, wait for your turn etc), but it has consequences too, and they're on the server performances and we all see that everyday I guess =/
    I don't really know how the server is phisically structured, but I assume it's a huge array of VMs, and clearly they rely on different physical resources, and clearly some of these resources end up being very free and unusued while others get overused and produce slowdowns in the performances.
    Of course they could change the structure to something more "dynamic" granting a better use of the currently available resources at any given moment, but we all know the amount of work that would require on their side and that it's not going to happen for a 11 years old game with a very old code which probably has very little reference or documentation to produce successful changes of this scope.
    i think the only problem would you see nowadays with a higher poulation would most likely be skirmish congestions, thats it. nothing else.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Does anyone does anything other than Skirmish though? Pretty sure the people that did Delve before it was nerfed were caped long before, and the ones that could never beat it defected to Skirmish gear/weapons with the rest of the population, but there isn't anything else to do in game atm, unless you are into monstrosity/mog garden I guess? Everything else seems out of date/obsolete.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Delve is still excellent gil/hour, so that's pretty much all I do. Fuck skirmish

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Seol View Post
    Does anyone does anything other than Skirmish though? Pretty sure the people that did Delve before it was nerfed were caped long before, and the ones that could never beat it defected to Skirmish gear/weapons with the rest of the population, but there isn't anything else to do in game atm, unless you are into monstrosity/mog garden I guess? Everything else seems out of date/obsolete.
    sadly there is not much left to do for those people, I am/was pritty much capped on delve gear before it bacame so easy due to weapon buffs. Skirmish was easy to get gear off. and well yeah gil... I dont even know what to spend it on so I mgiht as well spend it on skirmish stones for augments. So atm I am doing ALOT of monstrosity. WKR might be an option, but I stoped doing them after the 39203203. time because hurkan and yumcax were a bitch considering drops, so I stoped wasteing my time there. honestly would play a bit FFXIV until the next version update of FFXI, but kind of cant log on there.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

As of today, I logged on and there were 3 characters online in my LS, 2 of them were mine, 756 people in /sea all, all of the /yells were for Yorcia (already got all the gear for both characters) and I've been fishing hakus to buy +2 stones, then I just realized what would be the point on even getting perfect/max augments, if I'm just gonna afk/not do anything with the gear (was done with Delve before Skirmish too). I realize I sound like a whinning little bitch, and I guess I am, but my point is not- FFXI sucks q.q; it's more along the lines of; fuck I want to play XI but there's nothing to do/no one to do anything with. Needs a VU asap.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

548 on valefor at the moment

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Kind of wonder if another server merge will be required soon. They still could probably pull that off a couple more times <<