+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

H.R. 459: Federal Reserve Transparency Act Passes House 327-98, Chaos Ensues

In a rare moment of bipartisanship, the House overwhelmingly passed a bill by Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) to audit the Federal Reserve.

The bill, which has 270 co-sponsors, passed 327 to 98. All but one Republican -- Rep. Bob Turner of New York -- voted for it, along with 89 Democrats.

By a huge margin, Ron Paul's bill to have the Government Accountability Office audit the Federal Reserve System swept the House today. Even Romney, Boehner, and Cantor backed it.

BUT WAIT, Senate Majority leader Harry Reid who has for 25 years advocated for such a bill has FLIP-FLOPPED on a whim to make the bill DOA.

Source:

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Why did you post a fox news video?

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Are you trying to say Fox isn't a credible, non-biased source of information?

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That's what i said.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It may have been a local fox station, but that doesn't mean he wasn't asking some good questions. I didn't detect any inherit biases.

Really glad this passed. Not that Congress is honest and great and trustworthy, but it is their job to deal with 'dat cash.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Is there any reason this would get though the Senate? Because I can't think of one.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

So stop coming up with bills that has no "reason" to pass anyway? You must love your democracy very much.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Or I just don't have a hardon for Ron Paul. It's not difficult to pass populist stuff in the house, it happens all the time and I don't see it being worth making a topic about unless if gets further.

BG Level

The topic is not about the bill in its own right, it is about Harry Reids "sudden" change of heart, which points to how powerful bankers are.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Isn't this precisely what people said was going to happen?

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Politician flip flops! News at 11!

I'm honestly shocked that an audit of the Fed is the only thing in the bill. I kinda hope it passes despite knowing it won't.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Am I correct in assuming that if a repub was in the white house, that the congressmen would all have reversed their vote with repubs not wanting to pass it and dems trying to ram it through?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by test123 View Post
    The topic is not about the bill in its own right, it is about Harry Reids "sudden" change of heart, which points to how powerful bankers are.
    I hate arguments like these because they completely fail to understand the internal workings of our political system. This was just a political test vote. You put something up for a vote that has an easy tag line for newspapers but has poison pills in it that would make it impossible to pass for a different reason. This happens all the time, and I believe it may have happened more under this Congress than any other. It's just like votes on Obamacare, or the debt ceiling, or START.

The House at this time is less worried about running the country and more worried about politics.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that if a repub was in the white house, that the congressmen would all have reversed their vote with repubs not wanting to pass it and dems trying to ram it through?
    Pretty much exactly right. It's exactly like the debt ceiling votes.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Scum bag Ron Paul, trying to get more transparency.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    You put something up for a vote that has an easy tag line for newspapers but has poison pills in it that would make it impossible to pass for a different reason.
    This bill is one of the shorter ones this term. No poison pills, just a few lines in the law needs to be changed for a full audit of the FED. What should bug everyone is that Harry Reid campaigned on auditing the fed, only to take bribes/threats when the bill reached his chamber.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I want to know just how much the fed and/or banks hold over this guy's head to make him change his mind after campaigning for the regulations. Same for other politicians. What gives corporations so much power? I assume money, but there have to be many different intricacies. I picture it a lot like the movie Wag the Dog.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

When you figure the sheer amount of money millionaires and billionaires are throwing at elections, you can see why anybody can change their mind. Look at the Scott Walker recall election: 3 mil spent on behalf of his opponent compared to almost 30mil for Walker. It doesn't matter if Jesus is running, 30 mil is a shitload of negative campaigning.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

dead in the senate, vetoed if not.